What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christmas music on the radio baby! (1 Viewer)

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!
Yep, yesterday, we had a station for Christmas music 24/7. They are one of the 2 major light rock stations in the area, and last year this station did the same thing, forcing the hand of the other one to follow suit within a week.

Anyone else have the Christmas music rocking already? I admit that I have tuned into the online stream for a few songs to get kickstarted, but cannot handle to full-time thing for at least another couple of weeks.

If anyone is interested, here is the link for the Navidad now: Linkage

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even start thinking about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I don't like how these days we jump right from Halloween to Christmas and gloss over the best holiday of them all. :goodposting:

XM started one of their 5 XMas channels yesterday, another one starts on the 12 and the rest on the 19th I think, including Special X-Mas of nothing by novelty holiday songs. The Channakah channel doesn't debut until after 12/1, though.

I have a 1 holiday at a time rule at my house. Nothing related to a future holiday can be discussed or on display until the preceding major holiday is finished.

Johnny Ryall said:
I can't even start thinking about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I don't like how these days we jump right from Halloween to Christmas and gloss over the best holiday of them all. :lol:
:thumbup: That's because the media is run by a bunch of turkeys.

Mad Cow said:
Yep, yesterday, we had a station for Christmas music 24/7. They are one of the 2 major light rock stations in the area, and last year this station did the same thing, forcing the hand of the other one to follow suit within a week.

Anyone else have the Christmas music rocking already? I admit that I have tuned into the online stream for a few songs to get kickstarted, but cannot handle to full-time thing for at least another couple of weeks.

If anyone is interested, here is the link for the Navidad now: Linkage
One of the Detroit stations started the Christmas music yesterday. It's just too early for me to listen to it.

As of yesterday my cd's in the thing that plays throughout the house has been changed to Christmas music, my Christmas dishes are out and being used and today I cooked a turkey (and made gravy (it came out great), garlic roasted mashed potatoes, green bean with almonds, cranberry relish, dressing, baked apples and cresent rolls. On Sunday I am having DaVinci bring down my Christmas stuff so I can sort through it. I always really go out for the holidays so I will slowly start decorating, but it will not be finished until the first week of December.

WOO-HOO

:Ilovetheholidays:

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo, the 2 stations that usually go Christmas today are still normal for now. Anyone else got Christmas music going no? I put in Keerock Vol I this AM on the way to work just because. :goodposting:

Less then 2 weeks for Christmas music on a couple of stations here. My daughter is :thumbup: my wife is :) and I am :thumbup:

I busted out some of my own CD's as well as some Keerock this AM to fill this void in my soul. :coffee:

If Keerock wouldn't mind me jumping in his business, I wouldn't mind throwing up a more "traditional" CD of Christmas music I put together last year. All the classics I remember growing up - Como, Crosby, Carpenters, Ives, Elvis, etc. Anyone interested?

Still no :lmao: so I have resorted to Keerock and my own blend in my office. :thumbup:
If it isn't on by now, it isn't just going to miraculously come on. I think you're either going to have to find a station that is already playing it, or wait until Thanksgiving is over.

Still no :confused: so I have resorted to Keerock and my own blend in my office. :thumbdown:
If it isn't on by now, it isn't just going to miraculously come on. I think you're either going to have to find a station that is already playing it, or wait until Thanksgiving is over.
No, it's like a Mexican standoff here between the easy listening stations. They are just waiting for one to blink, and seriously, within 30 minutes, they are all 100% Christmas. The last 2 years it was the day after. As a joke a few years ago, the PM DJ on an alt rock station started playing Christmas music like 2 weeks before Halloween just to see what those stations would do. :lol: It is imminent there is no doubt. The only time of the year I listen to those stations is November through Christmas, and they are pissing me off by making me check their stations to see, only to be :hot: to hear some craptastic Mariah Carey suckfest.

If Keerock wouldn't mind me jumping in his business, I wouldn't mind throwing up a more "traditional" CD of Christmas music I put together last year. All the classics I remember growing up - Como, Crosby, Carpenters, Ives, Elvis, etc. Anyone interested?
That would be great! Count me in. The great thing about Keerock's mix was it introduced some alternative versions of the classics, but I would appreciate a tradtional take on the music as well.

That would be great! Count me in. The great thing about Keerock's mix was it introduced some alternative versions of the classics, but I would appreciate a tradtional take on the music as well.
Well, let me look into it. I have a lot here on my computer at work. It wouldn't be the 2 disc, 46 song versions that Keerock is so amazing at, but 20 or so classics makes for a wonderful snowy Saturday afternoon making Spritz cookies with the kids.

Still no :rolleyes: so I have resorted to Keerock and my own blend in my office. :cry:
No, it's like a Mexican standoff here between the easy listening stations. They are just waiting for one to blink, and seriously, within 30 minutes, they are all 100% Christmas. The last 2 years it was the day after. As a joke a few years ago, the PM DJ on an alt rock station started playing Christmas music like 2 weeks before Halloween just to see what those stations would do. :lmao: It is imminent there is no doubt. The only time of the year I listen to those stations is November through Christmas, and they are pissing me off by making me check their stations to see, only to be :thumbup: to hear some craptastic Mariah Carey suckfest.
I for one, wouldn't complain.

+Dean Martin

+Dean Martin
There is Dean Martin, Gene Autry, Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, Burl Ives. . .I could easily get 40+ if I did multiples by the same artist.Well, I am gonna try and throw this up tomorrow then.

:popcorn:

+Dean Martin
There is Dean Martin, Gene Autry, Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, Burl Ives. . .I could easily get 40+ if I did multiples by the same artist.Well, I am gonna try and throw this up tomorrow then.
:confused: I must have missed Keerock's music. Is this still out there?I am currently watching Elf to get the season started but I don't decorate until after Thanksgiving.

+Dean Martin
:confused: I must have missed Keerock's music. Is this still out there?I am currently watching Elf to get the season started but I don't decorate until after Thanksgiving.
Search Keerock posts with Christmas as a keyword. There are 3 but they are no longer up at the file share sites. I will post mine tomorrow.

Saw all the Christmas crap in the grocery store today. Only 8 weeks away!

It was also 88 degrees outside.

Good thread here.

I'll take a free download. I have a prior Keerock download.

The best Christmas discs, besides the classics, are the POttery Barn Hip Holidays series. Awesome.

Are there any particular requests before I throw it up? I am throwing in a few more modern ones because I think they are the song people tend to think of with that song, such as Bruce Springsteen with Santa Claus is Coming to Town, as well as Band Aid. I am adding a nice Jingle Dogs tune, as well. :shrug:

I bought a house this year. Well, actually closed on New Year's Eve last year. And all year I've been wondering how I am going to decorate it for Christmas. The roof is really high up there, and I don't have a ladder. I don't even have a good idea yet. Come to think of it, I don't even have any outside decorations yet. I'm not even sure how to start.

I think I need to hire a decorator. :shrug:

So yeah, I am totally buying more than a few songs from Amazon for this. :shark: Ray Conniff Singers anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread