What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

About Adrian Peterson's record (1 Viewer)

Rev

Footballguy
I had great seats for this amazing game in which AD made history. But one thing strikes me as I look back: The guy could easily have had 400 yards. He nearly broke away 4 or 5 other runs, and everything he did simply looked too easy, despite the fact that the defense was keying on him. Had the game been any closer, he could have gotten a few more carries, and more passes thrown his way as well (not that that impacts rushing yards, but still).

Just my 2 cents.

He looks like that kid in HS whos better than anybody else and nobody can stop him. Unreal to see it happen in the NFL.

Definitely seemed like a man among boys. What a great game to witness in person -- with two records being set. I was happy just to see it in the highlights (and most importantly on my Fantasy Team)... :rolleyes:

He looks like that kid in HS whos better than anybody else and nobody can stop him. Unreal to see it happen in the NFL.
The thing is that I saw AD play in high school and I came away from that game thinking he was the greatest HS player I had ever seen. It was like watching LeBron James just dominate a bunch of smurfs. But now he's doing the same thing in the NFL. It's unreal.

Alot of people told us OU fans that he would not put up numbers like he did in college because the competition is so much more even. I was ecstatic when he was still on the board for Minnesota's pick. Am I disappointed in the Vikings season, you bet, but I am ecstatic to see Peterson do the same thing in the NFL that he did in college. If he can stay healthy, it is going to be a very fun career to watch.

Alot of people told us OU fans that he would not put up numbers like he did in college because the competition is so much more even. I was ecstatic when he was still on the board for Minnesota's pick. Am I disappointed in the Vikings season, you bet, but I am ecstatic to see Peterson do the same thing in the NFL that he did in college. If he can stay healthy, it is going to be a very fun career to watch.
His college injuries were freak occurrences. The guy is motivated to stay in tip top shape. Knock on wood, but I think he'll be fine.

I had great seats for this amazing game in which AD made history. But one thing strikes me as I look back: The guy could easily have had 400 yards. He nearly broke away 4 or 5 other runs, and everything he did simply looked too easy, despite the fact that the defense was keying on him. Had the game been any closer, he could have gotten a few more carries, and more passes thrown his way as well (not that that impacts rushing yards, but still).Just my 2 cents.
That last 35 yarder he had with 2 minutes left could have very easily been a 90 yard TD if the defender doesn't horse collar him.

I think whats most incredible is not only does he have insane speed, power, and moves, but his conditioning is probably better than anyone in the NFL. After his huge running plays they KEPT HIM IN THE GAME!!!!! And he'd still get 5-10 yards!

Absolutely amazing.

Enjoy this ride, Vikings fans...

Peterson is an absolute 'Beast'...

Wouldn't be surprised if this team is outstanding in 2008

Not to dig up old bones...

but is there ANYONE who still thinks Reggie Bush is the better overall player than ADP?

Peterson will be the best player in the NFL by the end of next year. Am I jumping the gun? Probably, but I've been watching him this whole season and he's just insane. I can't imagine what he'll do when he learns more about NFL defenses and the game in general. Although I'm not sure how much better he could possibly get after seeing today.

Figure out the whole QB thing and some decent WRs, and this will be a monster of a team in the future. Their defense is stout. AP looks unbelieveable, much like LT did in his first few years (stacked lines, and still beat them).

This sopunds like hyperbole, but I truly think that before his career is over, barring injury, ADP will come to be known as the greatest running back in NFL history. I also think that in the years leading to the end of this decade and in the first few years of the next decade, the NFL will be dominated by two running backs: the first is ADP, and the second is Chris Wells, currently playing at Ohio State. These two men show display more ability than anyone I have seen in decades. I predict that Wells' first year in the NFL will be similiar to Peterson's.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is the best RB i have ever seen play. Brown,OJ,Dickerson or B Sanders none of them could break long runs at the rate Peterson is doing it. It just flatout sick how fast he get to his top gear..IMO he is the best in the NFL right now.

He will be great if he manages to avoid the inevitible injury for a few years. He's got more talent than almost any Rb in the league right now. I'll withhold my final decision though until he plays more than half of a season. This guy COULD be incredible.

He has the potential the be one of the best, if not the best (shudder) to ever play...

As far as skill set, he is practically unparalleled...

I had in a thread here (not going to renew it for bravado), but thought it interesting as many in that thread were comparing ADP to LT2. They were ridiculed for jumping the guy, and I said... well, they are meeting, both defenses are very respectable, we'll see who does well in the 'indirect head-to-head' meeting.

LT - 16/40/1, 6/37/0

ADP - 30/296/3, 1/19/0

LT, errr Father Time... meet Baby New Year.

He is absolutely amazing, and he could not be in a better place, frankly. This team is built entirely around running the ball and stopping the run. Everybody moans about Childress, but AP is EXTREMELY fortunate to be on a team with a steam-rolling, powerhouse offensive line with somebody like Hutch pulverizing holes in the d-line.

AP is possibly the most explosive RB there is, and he has possibly the best o-line there is, which is why you're seeing these ridiculous yardage totals happen. Don't forget that Taylor had 60 yards and a score, too. This offensive line is monstrous.

He is absolutely amazing, and he could not be in a better place, frankly. This team is built entirely around running the ball and stopping the run. Everybody moans about Childress, but AP is EXTREMELY fortunate to be on a team with a steam-rolling, powerhouse offensive line with somebody like Hutch pulverizing holes in the d-line. AP is possibly the most explosive RB there is, and he has possibly the best o-line there is, which is why you're seeing these ridiculous yardage totals happen. Don't forget that Taylor had 60 yards and a score, too. This offensive line is monstrous.
Great point I watched the majority of the game and that offensive line is ridiculous I mean they were creating huge holes and with Peterson's ability he hits the holes and with an amazing speed and just pulls away from defenders. Can you imagine if a defense had to worry at all about them passing?

He is absolutely amazing, and he could not be in a better place, frankly. This team is built entirely around running the ball and stopping the run. Everybody moans about Childress, but AP is EXTREMELY fortunate to be on a team with a steam-rolling, powerhouse offensive line with somebody like Hutch pulverizing holes in the d-line. AP is possibly the most explosive RB there is, and he has possibly the best o-line there is, which is why you're seeing these ridiculous yardage totals happen. Don't forget that Taylor had 60 yards and a score, too. This offensive line is monstrous.
Great point I watched the majority of the game and that offensive line is ridiculous I mean they were creating huge holes and with Peterson's ability he hits the holes and with an amazing speed and just pulls away from defenders. Can you imagine if a defense had to worry at all about them passing?
:confused: His explosion when he hits the hole is simply amazing, followed by the quick hip-juke on the first defender. If Cedric Benson ever bothered to watch a tape of this kid, he'd be so ashamed of how he plays the same position in the same sport, he'd retire immediately.The big question: will there be any big ticket QBs/WRs available in the free agent market?

:thumbup: His explosion when he hits the hole is simply amazing, followed by the quick hip-juke on the first defender. If Cedric Benson ever bothered to watch a tape of this kid, he'd be so ashamed of how he plays the same position in the same sport, he'd retire immediately.The big question: will there be any big ticket QBs/WRs available in the free agent market?
Derek Anderson will be a RFA this offseason...I mean, if the Vikes are willing to start the ex-Brown Holcomb, then they'd love DA.

:thumbup: His explosion when he hits the hole is simply amazing, followed by the quick hip-juke on the first defender. If Cedric Benson ever bothered to watch a tape of this kid, he'd be so ashamed of how he plays the same position in the same sport, he'd retire immediately.The big question: will there be any big ticket QBs/WRs available in the free agent market?
Derek Anderson will be a RFA this offseason...I mean, if the Vikes are willing to start the ex-Brown Holcomb, then they'd love DA.
2008 Vikes = 2006 Saints?

:goodposting: His explosion when he hits the hole is simply amazing, followed by the quick hip-juke on the first defender. If Cedric Benson ever bothered to watch a tape of this kid, he'd be so ashamed of how he plays the same position in the same sport, he'd retire immediately.The big question: will there be any big ticket QBs/WRs available in the free agent market?
Don't know in the free agent market but next year's draft should be a good one for QBs: Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Brennan, etc.

:goodposting: His explosion when he hits the hole is simply amazing, followed by the quick hip-juke on the first defender. If Cedric Benson ever bothered to watch a tape of this kid, he'd be so ashamed of how he plays the same position in the same sport, he'd retire immediately.The big question: will there be any big ticket QBs/WRs available in the free agent market?
Don't know in the free agent market but next year's draft should be a good one for QBs: Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Brennan, etc.
Two problems. One, the cream of that crop won't be available for the Vikings. Looking at their remaining schedule, they figure to finish either 8-8 or 9-7. Two, do you really want a rookie QB leading a team which seems ready to win fairly soon? That kind of seems like a step backwards. The Jackson experiment has already all but failed, you know?

This kid is everything I thought he would be and more. It's amazing how easily someone his size can get outside and burst upfield as fast as he does. In terms of pure running ability I believe we are looking at the best in the league today.

:pickle: Just think what he could be doing with a decent head coach and a qb to free up the run. Thats the thing that just amazes me is he did this with the vikes not even having a very good passing game. Even with the Chargers trying to shut him down he was still breaking off huge runs.

:2cents: His explosion when he hits the hole is simply amazing, followed by the quick hip-juke on the first defender. If Cedric Benson ever bothered to watch a tape of this kid, he'd be so ashamed of how he plays the same position in the same sport, he'd retire immediately.The big question: will there be any big ticket QBs/WRs available in the free agent market?
There is no way I want to see the Vikes use a 1st rounder on a QB, unless that QB is the second coming of Marino. 1st round QBs bust out more often than a condom on Long **** Dong.This team is built to win now. An Oline in it's prime. A stud rookie RB who maybe/is the next greatest thing, an above average backup RB. A promising WR in Rice. DEs that will be entering their prime (Udeze has looked good lately), LBers that finally get coverage assignments. DTs that are 2nd to none in the NFL. A mix of age and youth in the secondary.The DTs, DBs, and OL are aging. This team with anything at QB would be a contender.They need a quick fix at QB. Bring in whoever, whatever it takes.If the Vikings have to wait for a young QB to develope, they will waste ADP and their aging DEF's best years.

The big question: will there be any big ticket QBs/WRs available in the free agent market?
Chad Pennington will be on the trade market, and he's a PERFECT fit for this Vikings team. Give him a stout defense and ADP, and he'd be the quintessential "game manger." So he has a pop-gun arm, but his accuracy is still uncanny, and he wouldn't be asked to do nearly as much as he was with the Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:
The big question: will there be any big ticket QBs/WRs available in the free agent market?
Chad Pennington will be on the trade market, and he's a PERFECT fit for this Vikings team. Give him a stout defense and ADP, and he'd be the quintessential "game manger." So he has a pop-gun arm, but his accuracy is still uncanny, and he wouldn't be asked to do nearly as much as he was with the Jets.
Randy Moss' favorite QB. Maybe Moss would like to come in for a home town discount after he win's his SuperBowl.

Randy Moss' favorite QB. Maybe Moss would like to come in for a home town discount after he win's his SuperBowl.
I doubt he's still Randy Moss' favorite QB...

I'll add this to the Peterson talk. :topcat:

Peterson's 315 total yards were more than nine of the 17 other teams who played in the same time slot Sunday: Kansas City (234), San Diego (229), Denver (303), San Francisco (251), Atlanta (286), Arizona (195), Cincinnati (299), Carolina (199) and Tennessee (236). ...
However, if they win too many games, we probably won't see Childress gone at the end of the season. :sadbanana:

I love watching ADP but you wouldn't be talking about him right now if he didn't have that offensive line opening holes you could drive a semi through. The kid has mad talent but he also has a helluva O-line.

Eric Dickerson rookie year....

390 carries, 1,808 yards, 18 Tds. All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year honors.

I love ADP but think we need not to forget what backs before him have done. Some people saying he is greatest RB ever never saw Dickerson play his rookie year. ADP reminds me alot of Dickerson actually but he still has a long way to go before we consider him in the class of some of the best RBs ever.

I love watching ADP but you wouldn't be talking about him right now if he didn't have that offensive line opening holes you could drive a semi through.
Yes, but it's basically the same line as last year. I don't remember Taylor ripping off 200-yard games.

I love watching ADP but you wouldn't be talking about him right now if he didn't have that offensive line opening holes you could drive a semi through.
Yes, but it's basically the same line as last year. I don't remember Taylor ripping off 200-yard games.
As I recall Taylor had one big run last year for a TD. ADP has like 5? Six if you count the reception in the ATL game? In half the season?Jeeze people get a grip on reality. Sure he has a great O-line. Probably the best in the NFL. He also has arguably the worst passing game in the NFL. Yet he still manages to do his thing with 8 guys in the box for almost the entire season? How can you not see that ADP is an amazing talent and is doing amazing things regardless of the scenario!People seemed shocked by what happened today?!? Even after the Chicago game? Having watched him play almost every game at OU I can honestly say I'm not surprised by any of this. There will be plenty more records broke if ADP can stay on the field. Hopefully he won't break his leg with all these leaps into the crowd...Like I said early season: ADP doesn't need to adjust the NFL...the NFL needs to adjust to him!

As I recall Taylor had one big run last year for a TD. ADP has like 5? Six if you count the reception in the ATL game? In half the season?Jeeze people get a grip on reality. Sure he has a great O-line. Probably the best in the NFL. He also has arguably the worst passing game in the NFL. Yet he still manages to do his thing with 8 guys in the box for almost the entire season? How can you not see that ADP is an amazing talent and is doing amazing things regardless of the scenario!

People seemed shocked by what happened today?!? Even after the Chicago game? Having watched him play almost every game at OU I can honestly say I'm not surprised by any of this. There will be plenty more records broke if ADP can stay on the field. Hopefully he won't break his leg with all these leaps into the crowd...

Like I said early season: ADP doesn't need to adjust the NFL...the NFL needs to adjust to him!
:goodposting: He's the Re-incarnation of Eric Dickerson. Only Dickerson isn't dead yet and he's more powerfull. How the Heck do you rush for 296 yards against 8 and 9 man fronts all day? Against a Defense with 3 All-Pro's on the other side?

And :yes: at the posts about his O-line. Yes, they're good but like stated before Chester Taylor ran behind this Line and NEVER did anything like AD's doing.

Think about it this way:

AD, in 8 games as a Rookie has almost matched Chester Taylor's 2006 numbers rushing. That puts it in perspective.

Not to play Devil's avocate, but has anyone thought that when you have 8 or 9 in the box to stop ADP, that there are only 2 or 3 three guys left to beat after he blows by the line?

Im just saying that that ADP and the OL did a great job today. The OL opened some holes and ADP blew through them, making guys miss on the way through, leaving only a couple of secondary defenders, of which, the WRs had a decent block on.

Great blocking schemes and WRs holding their blocks helped ADP.

But this guy looks like he can take it to the house on every touch.

I had great seats for this amazing game in which AD made history. But one thing strikes me as I look back: The guy could easily have had 400 yards. He nearly broke away 4 or 5 other runs, and everything he did simply looked too easy, despite the fact that the defense was keying on him. Had the game been any closer, he could have gotten a few more carries, and more passes thrown his way as well (not that that impacts rushing yards, but still).Just my 2 cents.
his last big run before the 3yd record breaker, looked like it could have gone the distance. he high stepped and then got horse collared, could have been 350 easy. :goodposting: for being at that game. i was either going to this game, the oakland game in two weeks or the giant game in three weeks. we decided to do an AC/NY trip (from DC) and go see the giants game. hopefully he can have something special saved for that game too.

i'd like to go back and watch the game, but i don't think the holes were nearly as big as they were against the bears. does he have a good line? yes. were they great sunday? i don't think so.

As I recall Taylor had one big run last year for a TD. ADP has like 5? Six if you count the reception in the ATL game? In half the season?Jeeze people get a grip on reality. Sure he has a great O-line. Probably the best in the NFL. He also has arguably the worst passing game in the NFL. Yet he still manages to do his thing with 8 guys in the box for almost the entire season? How can you not see that ADP is an amazing talent and is doing amazing things regardless of the scenario!

People seemed shocked by what happened today?!? Even after the Chicago game? Having watched him play almost every game at OU I can honestly say I'm not surprised by any of this. There will be plenty more records broke if ADP can stay on the field. Hopefully he won't break his leg with all these leaps into the crowd...

Like I said early season: ADP doesn't need to adjust the NFL...the NFL needs to adjust to him!
Yes, Chester had a 95 yard run at seattle last year, a viking recordwait til adrian finds this out, could be gone by the end of the year!

Eric Dickerson rookie year....390 carries, 1,808 yards, 18 Tds. All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year honors.I love ADP but think we need not to forget what backs before him have done. Some people saying he is greatest RB ever never saw Dickerson play his rookie year. ADP reminds me alot of Dickerson actually but he still has a long way to go before we consider him in the class of some of the best RBs ever.
I saw Dickerson take every snap his rookie year, and believe me - ADP is better. I never saw Jim Brown play, but I've seen all the great ones since. Not one of them had the gears and moves ADP does when he sees daylight. Could he and will he get better as a more complete back? Yep. But right now he is the best pure runner that this league has ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread