What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

--== 2007 Injury Analysis NFL ==-- (1 Viewer)

Pigskins

Footballguy
It's been a crazy year and we all know that. So many featured RBs are down due to injuries. What's the cause of all this?

Is it offseason/preseason preparation?

Are defensive linemen emerging and RBs aren't training, building their body and weight enough to withstand hits?

Is it the vision these RBs are lacking? Instead of recognizing an incoming tackle they try to muster two more yards. Rather than dive to the ground they are taking hits.

Is the evolution of "featured RBs" who get 30 carries a game going to decline because of the wear and tear? Are we looking at more RBBCs in the future?

OR

Are all of these injuries this year the result of just plain bad luck?

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the vision these RBs are lacking? Instead of recognizing an incoming tackle they try to muster two more yards. Rather than dive to the ground they are taking hits.
This strategy hasn't worked for Shaun Alexander or Julius Jones. Both have built up quite the reputation for avoiding hits and not fighting for yards... Still plagued with injuries now or in the past.It's a brutal sport... I don't think more guys in the NFL are injured this year than any other. Maybe more big name players are, but overall I think the numbers of players are the same

Last edited by a moderator:
It is quite evident that all franchise backs will need to wear a custom fitted protective knee brace from now on. I would also assert that they wear ankle braces but you can't do anything about ankle sprains or if someone falls on your feet.

seems like there's a lot of injuries to all positions this yr. although i'm a bears fan and saw half the defense down by week 3 so it could just be me.

RB is a violent position. These guys get paid to carry the ball, run fast, and get hit really hard by huge guys who are paid because they're good at running really fast and hitting people really hard. It's not surprising that a lot of them get injured. They should get injured.

Users who are viewing this thread