What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

most annoying commercial on tv currently (1 Viewer)

Currently a 3 way tie between:

1) the church choir singing zoom, zoom, zoom around the crappy mazda. Completely ridiculous on every level.

2) guy doing bad jack black impression "always, ALWAYS, get chili on your nachos bel grande". Chick with tatoo, little dog, Devo. Brilliant!!

3) Probably in the running for the worst of all mf'ing time, the liberty mutual commercial where people see someone else do something good, then they do something good. It's the song in that spot, the one that makes normally happy people feel suicidal. The most depressing song of all time. "Hey Bob, I found the song I want to use in the spot, i'd like you to listen to it." Gunshot. "Bob?"

2) guy doing bad jack black impression "always, ALWAYS, get chili on your nachos bel grande". Chick with tatoo, little dog, Devo. Brilliant!!
See, I thought that guy was trying to do a bad Jason Bateman impression. Either way, it's terrible. I'm pretty sure they don't get the concept of "whipped". The point of the commercial is supposed to be that he's phony and lying to his brother. But the commercial ends with the punchline being that he's whipped because his girlfriend told him to walk the dog. But the girlfriend didn't have to have tattoos, nor did it have to be a little dog as the commercial tries and fails to imply.How about the one with the little kids singing a choir version of "Nothing But a Good Time"? SACRILEGE!And my current worst commercial ever is the one where the dad is driving his daughter to the movies and she asks him to drop her off a block away from the theater because "people in that part of town ride bikes and drive hybrids". Ok, whatever, little kid wouldn't do that but I guess it's the joke. But then something bizarre happens. The guy tells her "THIS IS A HYBRID". To which she responds, "Why didn't you ever talk about that before?"WTF WTF WTF WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?Then the guy looks kinda pissed off, and he turns back and says, "I never thought I had to".WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!? Am I just stupid, or is there nothing to get? Are they trying to be funny? I seriously don't know. God, my head hurts thinking about it. I want to punch that commercial in the balls.

Nothing could possibly be worse than "This is ouuuuuuuuuuuuur country," unless they got Peyton Manning to sing it.

Nothing could possibly be worse than "This is ouuuuuuuuuuuuur country," unless they got Peyton Manning to sing it.
Speaking of Peyton, his Sony HDNA commercial is horrible. Especially with the attempt in the final scene to make him look like he's 7 feet tall.

"We knew in that huddle there was a group destined to put forth the kind of pressure that had not been seen before"

"Lauren came up to me and said Dad, we are world champions, that was a special moment :goodposting:"

"Three words, We did it, We did it"

:thumbup:

- The show is one of the best on TV, but the commercial is on way too much.

3) Probably in the running for the worst of all mf'ing time, the liberty mutual commercial where people see someone else do something good, then they do something good. It's the song in that spot, the one that makes normally happy people feel suicidal. The most depressing song of all time. "Hey Bob, I found the song I want to use in the spot, i'd like you to listen to it." Gunshot. "Bob?"
That song makes me want to shoot someone.

I don't see how anyone can not consider this the worst commercial in a long time. It's so horrible if I ever see that kid....I'm punching him. I've only seen it once (NFL Season premiere game) so maybe McDonalds thinks its horrible too.

You guys are blessed that you've never seen the commercial for the "Work at Home Institute." That is way worse than any ad in this thread. I have DISH Network, and they show that during ESPN programming. Just awful - awful - awful.

The McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" jingle has annoyed me for years.

I can't believe an corporation as big as McDonald's can't find an advertising agency that could come up with something better than that.

Darth Cheney said:
I don't see how anyone can not consider this the worst commercial in a long time. It's so horrible if I ever see that kid....I'm punching him. I've only seen it once (NFL Season premiere game) so maybe McDonalds thinks its horrible too.

I think that commercial is great. The facial expressions are good and a little old school flava never hurt anyone.

Darth Cheney said:

I like that commercial. :X Can't believe there has been no mention of the Jeep Liberty commercial with the guy driving and all the animals come in and start singing. Immediately makes me want to punch anyone else in the room.

All Your Base Are Belong To Us said:
Michael Brown said:
Nipsey said:
See, I thought that guy was trying to do a bad Jason Bateman impression.
It's Jack Black. No question about it.
Really? I didnt see that. I never thought Jack Black was gay.

No YouTube, since I forget which company it is, but the most cringe-worthy one for me currently is the one with the little girl who asks to be dropped off a block away from the movie theater...because she doesn't want to be seen by her friends in a non-hybrid car.

videoguy505 said:
Are you insane, this would make it better.

No YouTube, since I forget which company it is, but the most cringe-worthy one for me currently is the one with the little girl who asks to be dropped off a block away from the movie theater...because she doesn't want to be seen by her friends in a non-hybrid car.
This is why you should read threads before posting.
Michael Brown said:
And my current worst commercial ever is the one where the dad is driving his daughter to the movies and she asks him to drop her off a block away from the theater because "people in that part of town ride bikes and drive hybrids". Ok, whatever, little kid wouldn't do that but I guess it's the joke. But then something bizarre happens. The guy tells her "THIS IS A HYBRID". To which she responds, "Why didn't you ever talk about that before?"WTF WTF WTF WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?Then the guy looks kinda pissed off, and he turns back and says, "I never thought I had to".WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!? Am I just stupid, or is there nothing to get? Are they trying to be funny? I seriously don't know. God, my head hurts thinking about it. I want to punch that commercial in the balls.

Nipsey said:
1) the church choir singing zoom, zoom, zoom around the crappy mazda. Completely ridiculous on every level.
:kicksrock: I will never buy a Mazda as long as they continue that stupid Zoom-Zoom shtick. Argggggggg

Verizon-

######## Dad: "Here's your new VCAST, because your my number 1" to each member of the family.

Walks out

######## dad: "Saving the best for numero uno... That's right."

:shrug:

The McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" jingle has annoyed me for years. I can't believe an corporation as big as McDonald's can't find an advertising agency that could come up with something better than that.
:thumbup: Crappy beer companies manage to make some good ads, not sure why some crappy hamburger places can't.

The McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" jingle has annoyed me for years. I can't believe an corporation as big as McDonald's can't find an advertising agency that could come up with something better than that.
:wall: Crappy beer companies manage to make some good ads, not sure why some crappy hamburger places can't.
That little chicken mcnuggest rap and the old Bird v. Jordan horse game were pretty cool. They've had a few solid ads.

The McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" jingle has annoyed me for years.

I can't believe an corporation as big as McDonald's can't find an advertising agency that could come up with something better than that.
:wall: Crappy beer companies manage to make some good ads, not sure why some crappy hamburger places can't.
That little chicken mcnuggest rap and the old Bird v. Jordan horse game were pretty cool. They've had a few solid ads.
Stop using this word.

Verizon- ######## Dad: "Here's your new VCAST, because your my number 1" to each member of the family.Walks out######## dad: "Saving the best for numero uno... That's right.":D
Do you think they just did the whole "you're my number one" thing to confuse people, since T-Mobile has the Fave Five commercials? I can't think of any other reason for that disaster of a commercial. :shrug:

The Dad starting to dance is great.Not even close to the worst ever.

Not even close to approaching "this is oouuuuuuurrrr country"

Users who are viewing this thread