What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

most annoying commercial on tv currently (1 Viewer)

Jayrod said:
17seconds said:
I'd watch her all day over any of the Rhetorical Questions GEICO ads. That is the most unfunny thing I've ever seen on television.

A random college student could come up with all of these in about 30 minutes

• Is Ed "Too Tall" Jones too tall? (Cuts to Jones in a doctor's office being measured for his height, even though he is too tall for the maximum length of the measure. The nurse then says, "I'm just gonna guesstimate.")[18]
  • Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle? (Cuts to Daniels energetically playing a fiddle in a classy restaurant after taking it from a violinist. Once he finishes, he hands it back and states "That's how you do it, son".)[19]
  • Does Elmer Fudd have trouble with the letter "R"? (Cuts to Elmer hunting and telling the audience to be "vewy quiet" while he's "hunting wabbits", the director correcting his rhotacism to the former's frustration, and eventually stalking off the screen while muttering about how "this diwector is starting to wub me the wong way".)
  • Did The Waltons take way too long to say good night? (Cuts to the Walton family saying "good night" to each other numerous times.[20][21])
  • Does a ten pound bag of flour make a really big biscuit? (Cuts to a child buttering an enormous biscuit on the kitchen counter humming as his mom walks in with a dismayed look upon her face.)[22]
  • Did the caveman invent fire? (Cuts to the GEICO caveman sitting in a living room on a couch with a female companion. He looks disdainfully at the camera, then activates the fireplace by remote control before scowling at the camera once more.)[23]
  • Was Abe Lincoln honest? (Cuts to an old-style black and white film of Mary Todd Lincoln asking "Does this dress make my backside look big?" After a lengthy pause and deliberation, Lincoln sheepishly responds, saying "Perhaps a...", interrupted as she gets up and walks out perturbed.)
  • Is having a snowball fight with pitching great Randy Johnson a bad idea? (Cuts to Johnson helping a man to his feet, the latter with a hole in the arm of his jacket, in a snowy street. After lamenting the heavily damaged garage door behind them, they agree to go sledding instead.)
  • Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush? (Cuts to an Antiques Roadshow appraiser examining a small statue of a human hand holding a bird. He tells the statue's owner that it is indeed worth at least two in the bush.)
  • Can fútbol announcer Andrés Cantor make any sport exciting? (Cuts to Cantor loudly and energetically calling a slow-pacedchess match. When one player makes a move, he yells his trademark "¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!" much to the players' annoyance.)
  • Does a former drill sergeant make a terrible therapist? (Cuts to R. Lee Ermey talking to a man on a psychiatrist's couch, then abruptly yelling at him for crying and then throws a box of tissues at him, calling him a crybaby.)
  • Do woodchucks chuck wood? (Cuts to a jovial pair of woodchucks throwing chopped logs into a pond and being admonished by the farmer who chopped them.)
  • Did the little piggy cry 'wee wee wee' all the way home? (Cuts to a pig named Maxwell riding in the back seat of an Honda Pilotholding pinwheels, yelling "wee wee wee" out the window, before being dropped off at his house by his friend's exasperated mother.)[24](See section Maxwell the Pig)
  • Does it take two to tango? (Cuts to a man and woman dancing the tango while another man tries to dance with them.)
  • What, do you live under a rock? (Cuts to a man living underground who moves a rock so he can raise his head above ground to see outside, and then gets excited when he sees a GEICO billboard and invites his friend Rick to move his own rock and take a peek.)
  • Does the buck stop here? (The camera zooms out as a deer walks onto the soundstage and stops next to McGlone, who then shrugs his shoulders.)
  • Do dogs chase cats? (Cuts to a dog and cat engaged in a Bullitt-style car chase.)
  • Is the pen mightier than the sword? (Cuts to a ninja menacingly demonstrating his swordsmanship to his opponent, who countermaneuvers by using a pen to sign for the delivery of his new taser, with which he promptly defeats the ninja.)[25]
  • Would Foghorn Leghorn make a really bad book narrator? (Cuts to a recording studio where Foghorn is reading A Tale of Two Cities—his ad-libbing and talking over the director cause an exasperated Henery Hawk to get up from the control panel and whack him with a club.)[26]
  • Do people use smartphones to do dumb things? (Cuts to 3 office workers using very silly smartphone apps to help celebrate the end of the workweek.)[27
These are horrible.

That and their "Did you know that...." commercials. Horribly unfunny and not even unintentionally funny, just annoying.
still my favorite Geico commercial...

Jayrod said:
17seconds said:
I'd watch her all day over any of the Rhetorical Questions GEICO ads. That is the most unfunny thing I've ever seen on television.

A random college student could come up with all of these in about 30 minutes

• Is Ed "Too Tall" Jones too tall? (Cuts to Jones in a doctor's office being measured for his height, even though he is too tall for the maximum length of the measure. The nurse then says, "I'm just gonna guesstimate.")[18]
  • Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle? (Cuts to Daniels energetically playing a fiddle in a classy restaurant after taking it from a violinist. Once he finishes, he hands it back and states "That's how you do it, son".)[19]
  • Does Elmer Fudd have trouble with the letter "R"? (Cuts to Elmer hunting and telling the audience to be "vewy quiet" while he's "hunting wabbits", the director correcting his rhotacism to the former's frustration, and eventually stalking off the screen while muttering about how "this diwector is starting to wub me the wong way".)
  • Did The Waltons take way too long to say good night? (Cuts to the Walton family saying "good night" to each other numerous times.[20][21])
  • Does a ten pound bag of flour make a really big biscuit? (Cuts to a child buttering an enormous biscuit on the kitchen counter humming as his mom walks in with a dismayed look upon her face.)[22]
  • Did the caveman invent fire? (Cuts to the GEICO caveman sitting in a living room on a couch with a female companion. He looks disdainfully at the camera, then activates the fireplace by remote control before scowling at the camera once more.)[23]
  • Was Abe Lincoln honest? (Cuts to an old-style black and white film of Mary Todd Lincoln asking "Does this dress make my backside look big?" After a lengthy pause and deliberation, Lincoln sheepishly responds, saying "Perhaps a...", interrupted as she gets up and walks out perturbed.)
  • Is having a snowball fight with pitching great Randy Johnson a bad idea? (Cuts to Johnson helping a man to his feet, the latter with a hole in the arm of his jacket, in a snowy street. After lamenting the heavily damaged garage door behind them, they agree to go sledding instead.)
  • Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush? (Cuts to an Antiques Roadshow appraiser examining a small statue of a human hand holding a bird. He tells the statue's owner that it is indeed worth at least two in the bush.)
  • Can fútbol announcer Andrés Cantor make any sport exciting? (Cuts to Cantor loudly and energetically calling a slow-pacedchess match. When one player makes a move, he yells his trademark "¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!" much to the players' annoyance.)
  • Does a former drill sergeant make a terrible therapist? (Cuts to R. Lee Ermey talking to a man on a psychiatrist's couch, then abruptly yelling at him for crying and then throws a box of tissues at him, calling him a crybaby.)
  • Do woodchucks chuck wood? (Cuts to a jovial pair of woodchucks throwing chopped logs into a pond and being admonished by the farmer who chopped them.)
  • Did the little piggy cry 'wee wee wee' all the way home? (Cuts to a pig named Maxwell riding in the back seat of an Honda Pilotholding pinwheels, yelling "wee wee wee" out the window, before being dropped off at his house by his friend's exasperated mother.)[24](See section Maxwell the Pig)
  • Does it take two to tango? (Cuts to a man and woman dancing the tango while another man tries to dance with them.)
  • What, do you live under a rock? (Cuts to a man living underground who moves a rock so he can raise his head above ground to see outside, and then gets excited when he sees a GEICO billboard and invites his friend Rick to move his own rock and take a peek.)
  • Does the buck stop here? (The camera zooms out as a deer walks onto the soundstage and stops next to McGlone, who then shrugs his shoulders.)
  • Do dogs chase cats? (Cuts to a dog and cat engaged in a Bullitt-style car chase.)
  • Is the pen mightier than the sword? (Cuts to a ninja menacingly demonstrating his swordsmanship to his opponent, who countermaneuvers by using a pen to sign for the delivery of his new taser, with which he promptly defeats the ninja.)[25]
  • Would Foghorn Leghorn make a really bad book narrator? (Cuts to a recording studio where Foghorn is reading A Tale of Two Citieshis ad-libbing and talking over the director cause an exasperated Henery Hawk to get up from the control panel and whack him with a club.)[26]
  • Do people use smartphones to do dumb things? (Cuts to 3 office workers using very silly smartphone apps to help celebrate the end of the workweek.)[27
These are horrible.That and their "Did you know that...." commercials. Horribly unfunny and not even unintentionally funny, just annoying.
still my favorite Geico
I concur. That one is awesome.

they did a total of four other ones with "Loren Wallace". i don't watch or much care for NASCAR but i thought they did a great job with those commercials. they kind of had a Wes Anderson-y feel to them somehow.

The Beep kid. He'd have crashed a bunch of planes in that commerical for one. Also, what happens when the government gets ahold of him? He could shut off the sun.

Just saw one during the Sunday night game...

Kid insists on washing his dad's Prius in the rain....in order to save water.

...I suppose when he was done, he blew on it to dry it....unless it stopped raining while the car was all soaped up....then, I guess he pee'd on it to rinse it off...THEN, blew on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2 guys eating KFC. "Every year my Nana sends me a check for $5" "You can eat the cookie the first if you want." I feel like it is a horrible riff on the 2 Sonic guys. Those turds don't have a single quark of funny between them.
I want to hurt that guy.

The 2 guys eating KFC. "Every year my Nana sends me a check for $5" "You can eat the cookie the first if you want." I feel like it is a horrible riff on the 2 Sonic guys. Those turds don't have a single quark of funny between them.

The worst is: "Ok,you got me. We use fillers in our new spicy pulled pork. It's called more pork." Whoa what a BMF. He delivers that line like he's Papa John McClane.
Good choices on both. When you have to rip off an already bad line of commercials it's extra bad.

Joe T said:
The AT&T commercial where they appreciate each other over and over needs to die.
Is that the one where they have "Turn Down For What?" just to have "Turn Down For What?" in a commercial? Doesn't fit at all.

The NFL is running one where a pregnant lady in a hospital room is is "grunt screaming" at ear piercing decibels for more than half of the commercial.  

All to climb up on a chair to put the football game on.  

Ear-splitting, annoying, not unlike Dumb and Dumber's "most annoying noise".  

Jeff Bridges doing Lyft commercial is a poor choice for both sides.

We had to rewind to make sure it was him.  Couldn't believe it at first.

The ones with Charlie Day.

Who the heck ever chose this annoying whiner for anything on the big or small screen????

Last edited by a moderator:
The NFL is running one where a pregnant lady in a hospital room is is "grunt screaming" at ear piercing decibels for more than half of the commercial.  

All to climb up on a chair to put the football game on.  

Ear-splitting, annoying, not unlike Dumb and Dumber's "most annoying noise".  
No?  No one?  They still seem to run it about 50x a day.

Users who are viewing this thread