What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mount Union (OH) invitational began last weekend... (1 Viewer)

Yean - their dominance at DIII is ridiculous - that coaches record is absurd.

My nephew plays for UW Whtiewater - so we're hopeful.

[jim mora]playoffs?....PLAYOFFS??[/jim mora]

I thought they just were not possible for student-athletes??

:givesBCSthefinger:

Beware of that Bethel squad next week. I've seen them twice this year and they can run the ball and control the clock.

They are small on defense, but no one seems to be able to run on them.

Granted, their starting QB went down with a separated shoulder today, but I've been impressed each time I've seen them.

If they can keep the game close (and they have the type of squad where that's a possibility) and shorten the game, who knows? I know Mount is in a different stratosphere, but stranger things have happened. Bethel typically doesn't turn the ball over and beat themselves.

Here's some video of one of their games:

http://stcloudleague.com/blog/?p=19

I predict Bethel has no chance. I mean, no even a close game. I saw Bether vs. St. John's. Disclaimer: I'm a CUI grad. Yesterday's game was ridiculous. 9 times out of 10 Central wins that game, if not for an ice storm so bad there's a 90 min delay and the passing game is shot.

http://www.ncaa.org/grad_rates/

Overall Division I

FRESHMAN-COHORT GRADUATION RATES All Students Student-Athletes #

2000-01 Graduation Rate 62% 63%

Overall Division III

2000-01 Graduation Rate 64% 68%

:bowtie:

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ncaa.org/grad_rates/

Overall Division I

2000-01 Graduation Rate 62% 63%

Overall Division III

2000-01 Graduation Rate 64% 68%

:bowtie:
Now do this: check out the grad rates of teams like Mt. Union. Then, go check out my MIAC powerhouses (SJU, Bethel) and see what our grad rates are. Mt. Union and the other non-liberal arts schools kill that stat for us. The amazing thing is we're good at football and go on to grab the top jobs.

I predict Bethel has no chance. I mean, no even a close game. I saw Bether vs. St. John's. Disclaimer: I'm a CUI grad. Yesterday's game was ridiculous. 9 times out of 10 Central wins that game, if not for an ice storm so bad there's a 90 min delay and the passing game is shot.
Did the ice storm stop every time the other team had the ball?

Mount Union advanced to their 11th Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl as they routed Bethel 62-14...

They will meet UW-Whitewater in the finals...

Mount Union advanced to their 11th Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl as they routed Bethel 62-14...They will meet UW-Whitewater in the finals...
They'll wipe out Whitewater.This is the best MU team ever. And it's not even close, I don't think.

After the last WW TD, what was the coaching complaining about when he got flagged? I had the game on mute so didn't hear if the announcers knew. I hope he wasn't being a tool for losing a game after 37 straight wins.

After the last WW TD, what was the coaching complaining about when he got flagged? I had the game on mute so didn't hear if the announcers knew. I hope he wasn't being a tool for losing a game after 37 straight wins.
I couldn't hear it either, but I assume that he was complaining that the QB got pushed in from behind.LAUNCH

I'm glad Mt. Union lost. They used to crush us at ROwan regularly :wall:

Ashame the Blue Hens lost D-1A :thumbdown:

Mt Union lost the game the same way any good team does - by giving away the ball. The TOs were killer...

Oh well - time to reload - next years team should be just as good.

Anyone know how many pros Mount might have produced?

I know they were saying one of the teams had never put a team in the pros - I thought they were talking WW but they had a WR drafted by the Rams last year.

Anyone know how many pros Mount might have produced?I know they were saying one of the teams had never put a team in the pros - I thought they were talking WW but they had a WR drafted by the Rams last year.
I think they had a QB named Jim Ballard who may have played for the Bengals but I am not sure if he ever made it past the practice squad. Not sure of any others.

Anyone know how many pros Mount might have produced?

I know they were saying one of the teams had never put a team in the pros - I thought they were talking WW but they had a WR drafted by the Rams last year.
I think they had a QB named Jim Ballard who may have played for the Bengals but I am not sure if he ever made it past the practice squad. Not sure of any others.
http://www.databasefootball.com/players/by...t+Union+CollegeNFL Players who attended Mount Union College

***Please Read***

Players who attended a college but then transferred may not show up for that college. In most cases the college last attended will be used. Some colleges have changed their name over the years. Different names for the same college may be listed separately.

Fleming, Bill (1925 - 1925)

Kern, Chris (2004 - 2004)

Woolf, Scott (1987 - 1987)

Zimmerman, Corl (1927 - 1929)

Aaron Stanley of Whitewater returning kickoffs for STL today.

MIAC still = Conference of Intelligent Champions thought w/ Elliot (SJU) and Hoag (Gustavus).

My best friend is a starting WR for Cortland, who are @ Mount Union this week.

He thinks they match up well with Mount Union, based on the film they've studied...we'll see this weekend....

Nigel Incubator-Jones said:
My best friend is a starting WR for Cortland, who are @ Mount Union this week. He thinks they match up well with Mount Union, based on the film they've studied...we'll see this weekend....
I would guess that the only thing that they match up well against Mount Union is that they both play 11 men on each side of the ball...
:excited: at Posty gettin serious in here

These guys are fun to watch, only made it to one of their games this year, they rarely disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread