Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Antelope

Redskins safety Sean Taylor dies

Herald link

Miami Herald has a lot of links to soundbytes from family and friends and the like. Would say that and the Washington Post are the two best sources now and going forward.

It is truly sad that he died, but if you play with fire, eventually you're gonna get burned.

It is truly sad that he died, but if you play with fire, eventually you're gonna get burned.

Huh? I thought he was shot due to a home invasion. How is that playing with fire?

You consider being at home with your fiance and daughter "playing with fire"? :gang2: Way to keep the RIP thread civil. Edited by southeastjerome

Huh? I thought he was shot due to a home invasion. How is that playing with fire?

:gang2:
Say what you will, but the guy is a known criminal, living the "thug" lifestyle. Eventually, someone is going to get hurt, regardless of the situation. I repeat, it is sad that he died.

Say what you will, but the guy is a known criminal, living the "thug" lifestyle. Eventually, someone is going to get hurt, regardless of the situation. I repeat, it is sad that he died.
:thumbdown:

This certainly puts things into perspective. Forces one to realize how chilidish it is to complain or argue about a team's failures or achievments. A sad loss of a young man just starting his family and turning his life around.

Sorry to be the first to report thisbut Sean Taylor has passed away, just reported local radiosad sad sad day.Thoughts and Prayers

Just a sad day. I really hope people are able to keep this thread clean and show some respect for the loss of life. Sean was 24 years old and had a full life in front of him. He now has a 18 month old daughter who will grow up without her dad. :gang2: Edited by pgreenfan

This certainly puts things into perspective. Forces one to realize how chilidish it is to complain or argue about a team's failures or achievments.

Yeah I think that is a pretty fine point. We don't expect sports to be life and death but when things like the Kevin Everett injury and this tragedy happen, kind of makes you take a step back. I felt terrible two years ago when Ken Hamlin was involved in that street incident that put him in the hospital. Must be an extra sad day for Skins fans.

Before the thread fades away, I personally want to thank Fatness for keeping us up to date with the tons of news blubs he found. Props to you.

That having been said... :gang2:

:thumbdown:
You're being too kind.

Living the "thug" lifestyle by moving away from his troubled neighborhood to a new community where his neighbors were affluent retirees? By all reports he distanced himself from that lifestyle. By your reports he didn't. You don't have a source, I'll stick to the people who do. Again, nice of you to ruin the RIP thread. Have a good day.

Living the "thug" lifestyle by moving away from his troubled neighborhood to a new community where his neighbors were affluent retirees? By all reports he distanced himself from that lifestyle. By your reports he didn't. You don't have a source, I'll stick to the people who do. Again, nice of you to ruin the RIP thread. Have a good day.
Oh get over your high and mighty self. I'm not dancing on his grave for crying out loud. I am merely pointing out the fact that the guy made enemies with gangsters and criminals. This SAD story simply does not surprise me in the very least.

Oh get over your high and mighty self. I'm not dancing on his grave for crying out loud. I am merely pointing out the fact that the guy made enemies with gangsters and criminals. This SAD story simply does not surprise me in the very least.
Sorry, guess I have morals not to come into a thread of people that are profoundly saddend by this and basically say that he had what was coming to him. You knew a comment like that would upset people posting in a thread like this and you still did it. That's wrong. If you want to argue with someone, go to another thread. I'm done with you. Let's please get this thread back on topic.

Frankly I don't care so much if he ever becomes a football player again. I'd just like to see him continue to be "Dad" to his daughter.

####.

Pisses me off that his daughter will grow up without Dad, and that Taylor won't see her grow up.

This certainly puts things into perspective. Forces one to realize how chilidish it is to complain or argue about a team's failures or achievments. A sad loss of a young man just starting his family and turning his life around.

Not to disrupt the thread, but did you really need this incident to put things in perspective? You didn't realize before this happened that life or death is more important than win or lose?I don't mean to attack you personally, it's just that someone always throws that "puts things into perspective" line out there after something like this happens, and I just think it's way over the top.Anyway, RIP, Sean Taylor. Carry on...

You haven't kept up with Sean Taylor's life and are speaking out of ignorance.

Not to disrupt the thread, but did you really need this incident to put things in perspective? You didn't realize before this happened that life or death is more important than win or lose?I don't mean to attack you personally, it's just that someone always throws that "puts things into perspective" line out there after something like this happens, and I just think it's way over the top.Anyway, RIP, Sean Taylor. Carry on...
I think he was just saying it matter of factly.

its a shame people have to say things like this.

Yeah... yeah... yeah... he's a changed man, had a kid, turned his life around, found god. I got it. Doesn't really change my opinion.

Yeah... yeah... yeah... he's a changed man, had a kid, turned his life around, found god. I got it. Doesn't really change my opinion.
Enjoy your timeout that is rightfully coming. You earned it.

Very sad situation for his family and friends. Regardless of anyone's "thoughts" about him I would hope most have enough class to show some respect for the deceased.

RIP Sean.

But you have kept up with Sean Taylor's life?

If I had any idea who you are I might miss you when you "have a nice season."

Way to be a complete tool.

There's no easy way to ask so I'll just do it the best that I can. How does the NFL salary cap work in terms of deceased players? Does his salary just come off the books? What about the signing bonus and such? Does his family still receive money from the contract?

Sad... he would've been one of the greats. If it did have something to do with his "thug lifestyle"... hopefully it opens the eyes of Henry or Pacman or someone and saves them before it's too late.

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I'm sorry that I am not as sympathetic as you are. I feel bad for his family and friends. This just does not surprise me. The whole thing is suspicious, and I would like to see what other facts come to light. Until then, I am skeptical. Sue me. Edited by Maude

Hopefully they catch the person who did this. I'm in Denver and this is very comparable to the Darrent Williams tragedy. They never found out who did it although they know it was a local group of gang bangers and have a person of interest in custody for another crime who is the head of the gang but have not been successful in getting him to talk. Which leads to another point. That style of life, yes THUG life, these ####### go after individuals who talk to the police. So unfortunately the cops might have a hard time pinpointing a suspect because of the fear of retribution.

It was good to hear ST turned his life around and was able to enjoy being a new father. And as much as people dont want to admit, his former lifestyle (supposedly) caught up to him. To me this was an obvious and deliberate attack after reading some of these reports. So Im sure he wronged somebody and they decided to do it the hard way and took him out. (Being sarcastic & speculative here, but this is how an argument is settled)

RIP

Edited by Markus P Dub

Hopefully they catch the person who did this. I'm in Denver and this is very comparable to the Darrent Williams tragedy. They never found out who did it although they know it was a local group of gang bangers and have a person of interest in custody for another crime who is the head of the gang but have not been successful in getting him to talk. Which leads to another point. That style of life, yes THUG life, these ####### go after individuals who talk to the police. So unfortunately the cops might have a hard time pinpointing a suspect because of the fear of retribution.

It was good to hear ST turned his life around and was able to enjoy being a new father. And as much as people don’t want to admit, his former lifestyle (supposedly) caught up to him. To me this was an obvious and deliberate attack after reading some of these reports. So I’m sure he wronged somebody and they decided to do it the hard way and took him out. (Being sarcastic & speculative here, but this is how an argument is settled)

RIP

Edited by Markus P Dub

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I'm sorry that I am not as sympathetic as you are. I feel bad for his family and friends. This just does not surprise me. The whole thing is suspicious, and I would like to see what other facts come to light. Until then, I am skeptical. Sue me.
After reading the CNN article it is obvious to me that his former life really was a part of his demise. While sad for his daughter and his family this is YET another example of what might happen to people that want to cross over into the lives of criminals. But then again- in America- it is cool and hip to love the world of gangsters. These scenes play out every day in Chicago. Good kids that just walk to school or some teenage girl sitting at home studying when some lead crashes thru the window. While sad that a young man dies it is even sadder that this is how savage life in America can be.

It is very very sad that this has happened. However, if you play in the gutter long enough, you will get dirty.