What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turf War checks (1 Viewer)

lotusvagalot

Footballguy
Hi I was wondering where my check is. I won on week 8 3rd place and sent in my verification on november 4th and was wondering where my check is. Please reply turfwarrior. I would like to know the status just to be at ease.

I never received week 7 winnings and sent in the claim form over a month ago.
Same as you.... sent in form in late Oct for week 7. Maybe Dave or Joe could get hold of Turfwarrior and find out what has happened to our money or when we can expect an E-mail. Would be nice to hear something from Dave and Joe's sponsor.

Same as you.... sent in form in late Oct for week 7. Maybe Dave or Joe could get hold of Turfwarrior and find out what has happened to our money or when we can expect an E-mail. Would be nice to hear something from Dave and Joe's sponsor.
I don't know if Turfwar guarantees delivery of checks in "X" number of weeks. Anyone who is expecting a payout must have received an email notifying them that they are in the money and it should have included a form that needed to be completed and submitted. Once that is sent in you can expect to wait AT LEAST 5 weeks and maybe more (now that the game has been cancelled for the rest of 2007) to get your money. If you didn't get an email with the form you will not be able to claim your winnings. If you need a form, PM me, I have one I can email to you. I know that right now you can't even log in to verify that you had won in a previous week and that is discouraging for sure, but you SHOULD have received an email.

I don't know if Turfwar guarantees delivery of checks in "X" number of weeks. Anyone who is expecting a payout must have received an email notifying them that they are in the money and it should have included a form that needed to be completed and submitted. Once that is sent in you can expect to wait AT LEAST 5 weeks and maybe more (now that the game has been cancelled for the rest of 2007) to get your money. If you didn't get an email with the form you will not be able to claim your winnings. If you need a form, PM me, I have one I can email to you. I know that right now you can't even log in to verify that you had won in a previous week and that is discouraging for sure, but you SHOULD have received an email.
I do need a form because I came in 3rd in the night game on week 13 but never received a verification form. I'm going toshow my ignorance here and ask what it means to PM you. I sent you a message with my email address...I clicked on yoursign in name and sent you a note similar to this one but it also included my email address. Is that what you ment by PM??thanks for you help

I have not received my checks from weeks 8 and 12. I sent in the forms (all filled out correctly) They gladly took my money but have not paid my winnings. Is there some way to find out what the hell is going on? I would be happy to have the money taken from my credit card refunded. Are there any legal options for us?

How does everyone feel about including your social security number on the verification form. I know they have to report

won money to the IRS but.......Has anyone had any trouble with identity theft or any suspect activities? I won $500 on

the night games week 13 and I have my verification form ready to send in but I sure don'tl like having my SS number just kinda out there..

How does everyone feel about including your social security number on the verification form. I know they have to reportwon money to the IRS but.......Has anyone had any trouble with identity theft or any suspect activities? I won $500 onthe night games week 13 and I have my verification form ready to send in but I sure don'tl like having my SS number just kinda out there..
Considering that it appears that nobody has received a check from them for any winnings after about week 6 or 7, it might be wise to hold off on putting your SSN on a piece of paper and mailing it to them until you hear from someone that they have started mailing out checks again. It seems highly unlikely at this point that we are ever getting paid considering that they shut down, aren't returning emails or phone messages, and the CEO is no longer addressing these issues on the FBG message board.

I won $5000 in week 11, sent in my verification form and have heard nothing from them. They haven't returned my emails or phone calls.

What about a lawsuit?

Don't know about a lawsuit, but if I don't hear anything from them within the next few days, I'll be contacting my credit card company to see if I have any recourse to get the charges removed since they don't appear to be honoring their end of the bargain...

Hey Guys

I just found this forum when trying to do some research on Turfwar. This seems like a cool place. I gave Turfwar a lot of business and as a result I have done very well in the game. I am a multiple winner and have only been paid $500 for week 5. Since then I have won many times and they now owe me to the tune of the low 5 figures. I enjoyed the game immensely and I am very disappointed that it seems that they will not be paying. Like many of you I have heard nothing from them after trying to contact them. I can't imagine them being able to relauch next season, if they don't pay the winners from this year. I have to think that they knew they couldn't pay a long time ago, but kept taking people's money, since I haven't gotten paid since my Week 5 win. Very disheartening to say the least.

So who wants to move forward with a law suit?
I think we should first try to get them to pay up or at least talk to us by getting the word out to their colleagues. I emailed Derrick Eckardt from RotoNation because he mentioned TurfWar on his site and didn't seem to realize they weren't paying anyone. He emailed me back saying he had heard the same thing from 1 other person, and was going to check into it further. People should call KFAN and let them know what's happening with something that Paul Charchian lent his name to. If all else fails, then I'm for a lawsuit, but let's try to expose what they are doing first.

I think we should first try to get them to pay up or at least talk to us by getting the word out to their colleagues. I emailed Derrick Eckardt from RotoNation because he mentioned TurfWar on his site and didn't seem to realize they weren't paying anyone. He emailed me back saying he had heard the same thing from 1 other person, and was going to check into it further. People should call KFAN and let them know what's happening with something that Paul Charchian lent his name to. If all else fails, then I'm for a lawsuit, but let's try to expose what they are doing first.
Good idea. If they plan to launch again next year after not paying contest winners this year, that word definitely needs to hit the street to warn potential players.
I'd be onboard with this. I won $1,190. But the problem I see is that the proof is on their website. We can't access the site so if all the data is gone, what do you have as evidence in a suit? hopefully TW is trying to figure out how to pay their debts and attract more customers for next season. Not living up to their end of the bargain is not a good start. It isn't the contestants fault they didn't pull in more revenue. And even many contestants pulled in more contestants.

I'd be onboard with this. I won $1,190. But the problem I see is that the proof is on their website. We can't access the site so if all the data is gone, what do you have as evidence in a suit?
For whatever reason, the www version of the site is still down, but demo.turfwar.com is up and running and is an exact replica of the original with all the data. I was able to log in and take screen shots of all my winnings. I've won $5,225 but only been paid the first $2,500. I also have proof that I have deposited $375 there which I plan to try to recoup from my CC company since it seems pretty obvious at this point that they have no intention of paying us.

The game was acually fun, they either scammed everyone or stupidly gave away way too much free money each week that they didnt have.

I'd be onboard with this. I won $1,190. But the problem I see is that the proof is on their website. We can't access the site so if all the data is gone, what do you have as evidence in a suit?
For whatever reason, the www version of the site is still down, but demo.turfwar.com is up and running and is an exact replica of the original with all the data. I was able to log in and take screen shots of all my winnings. I've won $5,225 but only been paid the first $2,500. I also have proof that I have deposited $375 there which I plan to try to recoup from my CC company since it seems pretty obvious at this point that they have no intention of paying us.
Just saved the same screenshots...good idea. Everyone should do the same. :rolleyes:

I am tired of calling Jeff Pester. He never returns them. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. I am on board for a suit as well.

Has Jeff Pester responded to anyone in the past month?

If they are planning on coming back next year with a similar game, they have sure made a sloppy bed this year.

At the very least some communication to those expecting checks for their winnings would be called for.

:confused: :thumbdown:

I sent emails which went unreturned. I think its highly unlikely anyone is getting paid at this point, if they intended on paying out, they would have done so already or at least communicated to people what is taking so long instead of having them check their mailbox everyday for a check that likely isn't coming.

I have contacted the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal which published the article on Turfwar to let them know that people were scammed out of money by this site. I don't think the intention of the site was a scam from the beginning, but they obviously knew they were in financial trouble early in the season and they continued taking credit card deposits from people for several more months and never paid out winnings for those weeks. Jeff Pester himself was posting on footballguys assuring everyone that they would be paid in order to get them to continue making credit card deposits and then he kept the money and they never paid out the winnings which to me made the site evolve into nothing more than an internet scam. It was dishonest and makes him a thief IMO. I figure since the newspaper was promoting the site, they probably should write a follow up article so that their readers know never to make a deposit at any site run by GameDay Interactive or Jeff Pester and their readers also should know to never invest any money with these people since they don't know how to run a business.

I contacted Rotonation.com for the same reason - they had written a flattering article about TurfWar back in Sept and I wanted them to know what was happening. They just wrote a followup article. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Minneapolis, which is where Jeff Pester's company Gameday is located. I encourage everyone else to do this. I'm not willing to give up my $5000 without a fight.

In the New York area, a lot of the nightly news stations have segments like "Shame on You" where investigative reporters confront scammers face to face to see if they can get them to pay up. Anything like that in the Minneapolis area that someone could contact. This guy needs to get exposed so he can't screw anyone else in the future.

Nice job roughshod. They did write a good follow-up article:

http://www.fantasyplayers.com/nfl/FeedItem...D_ITEM_ID=14965

I got paid for my Week 7 2nd place finish, but it sounds like I may have been one of the last ones. I defended TurfWar and Jeff early on (we endorse his site on ffauthority.com to this day), but I cannot defend this. If you ran out of money and can't pay, be a man and admit it. Don't run off and hide.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you check the TurfWarrior profile, you will see that Jeff Pester hasn't bothered to check in since his last post on the TurfWar.com thread

we endorse his site on ffauthority.com to this day
WHAT???? How ######ed is that???You are advertising something that people will lose their money on???
I meant we had did some advertising for them because we supported what they were doing but I don't advocate the direction that Jeff Pester has taken here. We just have not taken the endorcements down. We will when one of us gets a chance too (hey, no harm no foul, the site is dead!).I'll also add that I am out some money on this as well. Jeff owes me a referral bonus from Week 11 and I would like to collect it at some point. I'm just glad I got the 2k for my second place finish in Week 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job roughshod. They did write a good follow-up article:

http://www.fantasyplayers.com/nfl/FeedItem...D_ITEM_ID=14965

I got paid for my Week 7 2nd place finish, but it sounds like I may have been one of the last ones. I defended TurfWar and Jeff early on (we endorse his site on ffauthority.com to this day), but I cannot defend this. If you ran out of money and can't pay, be a man and admit it. Don't run off and hide.
That article says they stopped paying at week 8 and beyond, but there are still some of us who never received payment for week 7. It's good, and lucky, for you that you received a check for week 7. I guess they flipped a coin to decide who got screwed and who didn't. That's bad enough but what makes things worse is that those people didn't find any problems with accepting credit card payments from players who were buying credits to play. That's ####ed up.

That's bad enough but what makes things worse is that those people didn't find any problems with accepting credit card payments from players who were buying credits to play. That's ####ed up.
That's what bothers me the most about this. Jeff Pester came on this thread and assured everyone that if they continued to play, they would still pay out the winners even if they had to suspend the game at some point. He then took credit card deposits from everyone and screwed them out of their winnings. That goes beyond just poor business management, that is criminal in my eyes.

FOR ALL PREVIOUS TURFWAR WINNERS THAT HAVEN'T RECEIVED THERE CHECKS YET!!

Hey guys! Just wanted to let ya know that I went ahead and contacted the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and also the Attorney's General Office of Minnesota. I would appreciate if you guys could take this same approach. Below is the website addresses for both both offices along with telephone #'s and mailing addresses:

Better Business Bureau of Minnesota

2706 Gannon Road

Saint Paul, MN 55116-2600

Telephone# (toll free) (800)-646-6222

(651) 699-1111

Fax# (651) 699-7665

Web address: www.minnesota.bbb.org

Attorney General Office of Minnesota (Lori Swanson)

1400 Bremer Tower

445 Minnesota Street

St. Paul, MN 55101

(651) 296-3353

(800) 657-3787

TTY:(651) 297-7206

TTY:(800) 366-4812

Web address: www.ag.state.mn.us

Thanks again!!

FOR ALL PREVIOUS TURFWAR WINNERS THAT HAVEN'T RECEIVED THERE CHECKS YET!!

Hey guys! Just wanted to let ya know that I went ahead and contacted the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and also the Attorney's General Office of Minnesota. I would appreciate if you guys could take this same approach. Below is the website addresses for both both offices along with telephone #'s and mailing addresses:

Better Business Bureau of Minnesota

2706 Gannon Road

Saint Paul, MN 55116-2600

Telephone# (toll free) (800)-646-6222

(651) 699-1111

Fax# (651) 699-7665

Web address: www.minnesota.bbb.org

Attorney General Office of Minnesota (Lori Swanson)

1400 Bremer Tower

445 Minnesota Street

St. Paul, MN 55101

(651) 296-3353

(800) 657-3787

TTY:(651) 297-7206

TTY:(800) 366-4812

Web address: www.ag.state.mn.us

Thanks again!!
I assume you made the complaints against GameDay Interactive Inc and Jeff Pester. I can't find any address for GameDay Interactive Inc, in fact I can't find any info about them anywhere. Does anyone have an address for them or Jeff Pester and know if they are in fact "incorporated" anywhere. I searched for it on the Minnesota Sec of State office website: http://da.sos.state.mn.us/minnesota/home/dahome.asp and couldn't find anything.

Guys you need to go to http://minnesota.bbb.org/complaintsearch.html to file your complaints. Just type in GameDay Interactive, Inc in the "Company Name" box and then 612-216-5459 in the "Phone Number" box. Then you'll wanna click onto Search. Finally you'll need to click onto the Game Day Interactive link to submit any of your complaints. Thanks!!

I assume you made the complaints against GameDay Interactive Inc and Jeff Pester. I can't find any address for GameDay Interactive Inc, in fact I can't find any info about them anywhere. Does anyone have an address for them or Jeff Pester
GameDay Interactive, Inc.P.O. Box 3609Minneapolis, MN 55403info@gamedayinteractive.com612-216-5459

Two minutes of time on the internet will tell you that Pester can be found at one of these addresses:

2565 S UPTON AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 55405

3226 S HUMBOLDT AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 55408

4314 HARRIET AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 55409

Someone should just go ask him where their money is in person.

Attention: ALL TURFWAR WINNERS THAT ARE STILL WAITING ON WINNING CHECKS FROM WEEKS 8-13 !

I recently submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau of Minneapolis regarding our winning checks that still haven't been distributed by Jeff Pester yet. I'm hoping that all previous contest winners from Weeks 8-13 that have not received your checks yet are atleast willing to take the same action and approach as I've done here. I'm also wondering how long you feel we should wait before filing a major lawsuit against this guy. Anyhow, here is the email that I received back from the BBB of Minneapolis today:

Your BBB has received your complaint. We have forwarded your complaint to the company in question with a request for a written response. We will notify you by mail or email as soon as we have anything to report.

Your BBB will automatically follow up on your complaint. You will be notified if we do not receive a response within four to six weeks. If you have not received notification regarding your

complaint, please feel free to check your complaint status using the website link below or call us for an update at that time.

If part of the adjustment you request is a form of compensation, we will not be able to handle that aspect of your complaint. Your BBB handles complaints involving marketplace transactions only for the amount of the goods or services. We cannot request compensation for you for time lost, inconvenience, or other consequential damages. The courts decide these amounts.

If you hear from the company, please let us know, so that the company's customer experience record is accurately reflected at your BBB. Most businesses desire to resolve disputes.

We encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system to respond to this complaint. The following URL (website address) below will take you directly to this complaint and you will be able enter your response directly on our website:

http://www.mnd.bbb.org/complaint/view/57112982/c/mh22o3

If you cannot access the website, you may fax information to 651-695-2488.

Thank you for using your BBB services.

Sincerely,

Barbara Winer

Mediation Coordinator

651 695-2456 bwiner@thefirstbbb.org

If you guys are willing to take the time to view my previous blogs from January 6th, I went ahead and listed the important addresses, phone numbers and website addresses for the BBB of Minneapolis and the Attorney General Office of Minnesota. It's extremely important that everyone is contacting both agencies either by phone, mail or internet email. If you haven't contacted anyone yet regarding our problem, then please do so at your earliest convenience or ASAP so that it helps us get some sort of resolution done here. Thanks and please stay in touch!!!

Users who are viewing this thread