What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turf War checks (1 Viewer)

Hey Guys,

This really bums me out as they advertised on the site. We thought it was a cool game and I liked the concept. I know many got paid. But obviously many are still due checks. It's my understanding that they are supposed to have some sort of announcement in about 10 days about exactly what they're doing going forward. That's all I know and I'll keep an ear out for you.

J

Hey Guys,

This really bums me out as they advertised on the site. We thought it was a cool game and I liked the concept. I know many got paid. But obviously many are still due checks. It's my understanding that they are supposed to have some sort of announcement in about 10 days about exactly what they're doing going forward. That's all I know and I'll keep an ear out for you.

J
Well that's at least slightly encouraging, but not hearing ANYTHING for weeks is obviously frustrating to say the least and completely and utterly unprofessional. It obviously flopped and the well ran dry, but just man up and admit that instead of disappearing completely.

Well that's at least slightly encouraging, but not hearing ANYTHING for weeks is obviously frustrating to say the least and completely and utterly unprofessional. It obviously flopped and the well ran dry, but just man up and admit that instead of disappearing completely.
I don't have a problem with the well running dry and them closing up shop, I have a problem with the guy personally coming on this message board and assuring everyone that it was safe to continue depositing and saying that even if they eventually discontinued the contest, they would still have the funds to pay out the winners, then choosing to disappear with our money after they shut it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATTENTION : ALL TURFWAR WINNERS THAT HAVEN'T RECEIVED YOUR CHECKS YET!!

Hey guys! I'm hoping that most (if not all) of you have filed your complaints already with the Better Business Bureau of Minneapolis and the Attorney General's Office of Minnesota. Again both addresses and phone numbers can be found on my previous blog (January 6th) if you haven't done so yet. Were gonna continue to fight this battle with GameDay Interactive, Inc and there CEO Jeff Pester. I have also contacted my US Congressman Todd Platts regarding this problem. If you get a chance fellas I highly recommend you filing another complaint to your Congressman. We wanna be sure that were covering all angles before any legal action is needed. Has anyone else heard from Jeff Pester since Dec 19?? I can't believe this guy is trying to hide like this. This is such a cowardly act since he owes us all this money. This has definitely killed any chances of TurfWar relaunching for next season. All he needed to do was just continue communicating. I figure that we should wait till the end of this January to see if anything happens with these checks and then pursue a law suit. I'm so upset right now on how this entire situation was handled by Mr Pester. If you guys hear of anything else please feel free to post your blog or email me at walkie33@comcast.net. Thanks again and let's continue with our "ALL OUT BLITZ"!!

Attention: ALL TURFWAR WINNERS

I've went ahead this evening and filed yet another complaint against Jeff Pester & GameDay Interactive, Inc. The complaint was sent to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Our main goal is to file as many complaints as possible against him. This guy is not getting off the hook!! I can promise that since I do know alot people. He has until the end of January before we pursue legal actions against him. Thanks guys! Here is the FTC link for anyone else interested in filing more complaints and I've also included the email reply that I've received today from Barbara Winer of the Better Business Bureau of Minneapolis:

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.sta...Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Here is what she had stated:

"Barbara Winer" <bwiner@thefirstbbb.org>

[Add to Address Book]

To:

<walkie33@comcast.net>

Subject:

BBB Complaint

Date:

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:39:58 PM

I have received quite a few complaints regarding this company. So far Jeff Pester has not responded to the Bureau, however he has made it pretty clear that no one will be receiving any money. Try filing a complaint with the FTC. Go to FTC.gov. You can also file a complaint with the Minnesota Attorney General’s office. Their phone number is 651-296-3353. I’ll let you know if he responds to your complaint.

Barbara Winer | Mediation Coordinator

Tel: 651-695-2456

Fax: 651-695-2488

www.thefirstbbb.org

Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota

2706 Gannon Rd.

St. Paul, Mn 55116-2600

Hey guys,

I'm asking for everyone's support here. I need you guys (unless you've done so

already) to contact all these agencies that I have listed below immediately:

Better Business Bureau of Minnesota

2706 Gannon Road

Saint Paul, MN 55116-2600

Telephone# (toll free) (800)-646-6222

(651) 699-1111

Fax# (651) 699-7665

Web address: www.minnesota.bbb.org

Attorney General Office of Minnesota (Lori Swanson)

1400 Bremer Tower

445 Minnesota Street

St. Paul, MN 55101

(651) 296-3353

(800) 657-3787

TTY:(651) 297-7206

TTY:(800) 366-4812

Web address: www.ag.state.mn.us

Federal Trade Commission

600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20580

(202) 326-2222 Phone: Call our toll-free helpline: (1-877-382-4357)

www.ftc.gov

And here is a link to contact your State's Congressman Representative:

https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

I've officially decided to give Jeff Pester until January 31st to come up with

our money before filing legal action against him and his business. Please make sure you file your complaints ASAP

so we can continue to support our ultimate blitz package against him. This guy

is a complete coward and will pay the consequences by pulling this stupid a##

dumb shi#. We can make a difference here so everyone needs to just come

together and rally around one another so we can get our winnings back that are

owed to us. I'll be glad to keep everyone posted on the latest developments on

this situation and I hope that you guys can atleast return the favor as well.

Thanks again and let's go after this guy with full force!!

Walkie 33 (Jeff)

Here is what she had stated:

"Barbara Winer" <bwiner@thefirstbbb.org>

[Add to Address Book]

To:

<walkie33@comcast.net>

Subject:

BBB Complaint

Date:

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:39:58 PM

I have received quite a few complaints regarding this company. So far Jeff Pester has not responded to the Bureau, however he has made it pretty clear that no one will be receiving any money. Try filing a complaint with the FTC. Go to FTC.gov. You can also file a complaint with the Minnesota Attorney General’s office. Their phone number is 651-296-3353. I’ll let you know if he responds to your complaint.

Barbara Winer | Mediation Coordinator

Tel: 651-695-2456

Fax: 651-695-2488

www.thefirstbbb.org

Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota

2706 Gannon Rd.

St. Paul, Mn 55116-2600
For the bolded part, from Barbara Winer, what does she mean by this? If he hasn't responded to the BBB, how did he make it pretty clear that no one will be receiving any money?How did he do this without responding to her?

Two minutes of time on the internet will tell you that Pester can be found at one of these addresses:2565 S UPTON AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 554053226 S HUMBOLDT AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 554084314 HARRIET AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 55409Someone should just go ask him where their money is in person.
Does anyone know which of these 3 address's are correct? When I put in Jeff Pester into whitepages.com, it comes up with 4314 HARRIET AV, but I want to be sure of the address for my small claims court paperwork.

Two minutes of time on the internet will tell you that Pester can be found at one of these addresses:2565 S UPTON AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 554053226 S HUMBOLDT AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 554084314 HARRIET AV MINNEAPOLIS MN 55409Someone should just go ask him where their money is in person.
Does anyone know which of these 3 address's are correct? When I put in Jeff Pester into whitepages.com, it comes up with 4314 HARRIET AV, but I want to be sure of the address for my small claims court paperwork.
According to the background check that I've done so far on Jeff Pester it certainly appears that 4314 Harriett Ave in Minneapolis, MN 55409 is where he currently resides. Thanks! :mellow: Thanks!!

Most likely his current address. The other 2 are probably previous addresses. Spend a few minutes on google. :mellow:

Jake, I wasn't totally clear on Mrs. Winer's comments from my Jan 15th blog either. Basically, it sounds like she contradicted herself by indicating Jeff Pester hasn't responded back to the BBB yet but also made it clear that he wasn't paying out any winnings. So now everyone is curious to know why she might have said that. Honestly, the only thing that I can think of is maybe Pester had been a problem for them in the past. Who knows!! One thing for certain is that we better receive our checks by Jan 31st or this situation is gonna get much uglier as we're totally determined to bring in the legal authorities for this case. I know the agencies (that many of us have contacted by now) are overwhelmed by the increasing number of complaints and we have no intentions on letting up either. Well I'll be keeping you guys posted on the latest news and please contact me if you hear anything else. Thanks again fellas!

It appears the website is completely taken down now.

Quick question for you guys that are considering lawsuits. GameDay Interactive was incorporated right? I don't really know how any of this crap works from a legal standpoint, but I thought that when you incorporated a business, that protected your personal assets? So what good would it do bringing a lawsuit against Jeff Pester? Assuming that Gameday Interactive Inc. is now bankrupt or shut down or whatever, how do you expect to get your money out of this? Or are you pursuing criminal action at this point because this guy scammed people out of money? I would think there was some sort of crime committed here, possibly even at a federal level, considering he took credit card transactions over the web and then kept peoples money without ever paying out?

I know less than nothing about the law, so I am just curious if anyone who does has any opinion on any of this???

It appears the website is completely taken down now.Quick question for you guys that are considering lawsuits. GameDay Interactive was incorporated right? I don't really know how any of this crap works from a legal standpoint, but I thought that when you incorporated a business, that protected your personal assets? So what good would it do bringing a lawsuit against Jeff Pester? Assuming that Gameday Interactive Inc. is now bankrupt or shut down or whatever, how do you expect to get your money out of this? Or are you pursuing criminal action at this point because this guy scammed people out of money? I would think there was some sort of crime committed here, possibly even at a federal level, considering he took credit card transactions over the web and then kept peoples money without ever paying out?I know less than nothing about the law, so I am just curious if anyone who does has any opinion on any of this???
"Inc" does not appear on any of the written communication (letters & envelopes) I received with my 2 checks.

It appears the website is completely taken down now.Quick question for you guys that are considering lawsuits. GameDay Interactive was incorporated right? I don't really know how any of this crap works from a legal standpoint, but I thought that when you incorporated a business, that protected your personal assets? So what good would it do bringing a lawsuit against Jeff Pester? Assuming that Gameday Interactive Inc. is now bankrupt or shut down or whatever, how do you expect to get your money out of this? Or are you pursuing criminal action at this point because this guy scammed people out of money? I would think there was some sort of crime committed here, possibly even at a federal level, considering he took credit card transactions over the web and then kept peoples money without ever paying out?I know less than nothing about the law, so I am just curious if anyone who does has any opinion on any of this???
"Inc" does not appear on any of the written communication (letters & envelopes) I received with my 2 checks.
Unfortunately, I would have to disagree with you Weevol. The Week 7 check that I received from Jeff Pester clearly indicated " GAMEDAY INTERACTIVE INC" on the top left corner. However, "Inc" was not listed on the envelope or letter that he sent me. This is not a big deal but I just wanted to confirm that with you. Thanks!! :popcorn:

Unfortunately, I would have to disagree with you Weevol. The Week 7 check that I received from Jeff Pester clearly indicated " GAMEDAY INTERACTIVE INC" on the top left corner. However, "Inc" was not listed on the envelope or letter that he sent me. This is not a big deal but I just wanted to confirm that with you. Thanks!! :mellow:
I don't have the checks anymore, so there was no way for me to verify that. :thumbup:

I don't remember what the check said, but the "Contact" page on their website clearly said:

GameDay Interactive, Inc.

P.O. Box 3609

Minneapolis, MN 55403

info@gamedayinteractive.com

612-216-5459

So I was going on the assumption that the company was incorporated which would generally protect any executives personal assets no? I don't know, I am asking. Now, I assume if he committed a criminal act by using credit card processing to scam/deceive people out of money after he knew he didn't have the funds secured to actually payout the prizes he advertised, that is an entirely different thing and I would gladly provide information to whatever law enforcement agency needs to be contacted to ensure that this guy doesn't get away with it, but as far as actually recovering the money from him personally, do we really stand a chance?

Contact the FBI and let them know exactly how much money he scammed from people. I still think the best way to get your money is knock on his front door yourself and take it from him man to man.

It appears the website is completely taken down now.

Quick question for you guys that are considering lawsuits. GameDay Interactive was incorporated right? I don't really know how any of this crap works from a legal standpoint, but I thought that when you incorporated a business, that protected your personal assets? So what good would it do bringing a lawsuit against Jeff Pester? Assuming that Gameday Interactive Inc. is now bankrupt or shut down or whatever, how do you expect to get your money out of this? Or are you pursuing criminal action at this point because this guy scammed people out of money? I would think there was some sort of crime committed here, possibly even at a federal level, considering he took credit card transactions over the web and then kept peoples money without ever paying out?

I know less than nothing about the law, so I am just curious if anyone who does has any opinion on any of this???
I'm pretty sure that being incorporated does not protect his personal assets. I believe he would have to form a Limited Liability Company (LLC) to accomplish this. Also, just because he uses Inc in the name doesn't necessarily mean that the business is incorporated. I checked the Minnesota Sec of State website at http://da.sos.state.mn.us/minnesota/home/dahome.asp and did a search of incorporated business’s and Gameday Interactive did not show up, so unless they are incorporated in a different state, maybe they just put the Inc on there for show.

Just got this email:

Hello,Our records indicate that you were a winner of a previous Turf War contest and have not yet received your prize winnings. Let me first extend our sincere apologies for the lack of communication over the past month. We are in the process of evaluating our options regarding outstanding winners claims and for reasons that we are not at liberty to discuss today we have not been able to proceed until certain internal issues are resolved.The reason for our communication today is to let you know that we will be in touch with each of you approximately February 1st with an update containing more information on our plans going forward.Again, please accept our apologies - we will keep you updated as quickly as we have new information for you.Sincerely,Jeff Pester

Hey Guys,This really bums me out as they advertised on the site. We thought it was a cool game and I liked the concept. I know many got paid. But obviously many are still due checks. It's my understanding that they are supposed to have some sort of announcement in about 10 days about exactly what they're doing going forward. That's all I know and I'll keep an ear out for you.J
Do you feel guilty enough to hand out free memberships next year to those that got stiffed? It's not the $150 I was expecting,but it's better than the zilch I got...........j/k Joe,it's not your fault,I feel guilty for hounding all my friends into joining as well

Me thinks this is simply a "good faith" gesture to string us out even longer. I am encouraged by the contact but it only seems to extend the vague promise of future financial reconciliation......I wonder what Feb 1st will bring...1 week away now....

Considering that you usually have 60 days to dispute credit card charges, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a stall tactic to get them past the 60 day mark since the last time someone bought credits at their site...

Just got this email:

Hello,

Our records indicate that you were a winner of a previous Turf War contest and have not yet received your prize winnings. Let me first extend our sincere apologies for the lack of communication over the past month. We are in the process of evaluating our options regarding outstanding winners claims and for reasons that we are not at liberty to discuss today we have not been able to proceed until certain internal issues are resolved.

The reason for our communication today is to let you know that we will be in touch with each of you approximately February 1st with an update containing more information on our plans going forward.

Again, please accept our apologies - we will keep you updated as quickly as we have new information for you.

Sincerely,

Jeff Pester
:crickets: :thumbup: I don't expect to hear anything and I'm sure the "approximately" will be stretched out. Even if there is some ending to this I highly doubt any more money is to be distributed. :unsure:

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but frankly I am completely shocked that Feb 1st has come and gone with no Turfwar update.

I think we call all agree we got hosed here. We won't see a nickle of that coin.
I agree. What really cooks my skin is that I personally spoke with Jeff Pester before mailing my winner's form in as I had a concern for the legitimacy of the company. Mr. Pester assured me that they were reputable and even told me I could wait until as late as May 2008 to claim my winnings...

I think we call all agree we got hosed here. We won't see a nickle of that coin.
I agree. What really cooks my skin is that I personally spoke with Jeff Pester before mailing my winner's form in as I had a concern for the legitimacy of the company. Mr. Pester assured me that they were reputable and even told me I could wait until as late as May 2008 to claim my winnings...
There is no doubt in my mind Jeff did not start trufwar with the intention of ripping us off. I think he was just in over his head and blew it like any bad business man.He took an ad out on my website for Turfwar and he paid for it in full. I think he just fumbled the ball.

A side question here... both my brother and I actually got checks (he was a $5000 winner one week and the check cleared). He won later on, too, and is also waiting for that check. I am, however, one of the lucky ones that got all paid to me that I had coming b/c my wins were earlier in the year...

So, anyway. I'm doing my taxes now (and so is my brother). How do we handle this on taxes, considering this Pester cat has out SSNs "for tax purposes." I've not received a W-2G form or anything like that. Anyone know how to handle this?

Also... the guy may have been over his head, but if you sent that form in, I'd highly recommend getting a fraud alert and identity theft insurance. I did this awhile back when my wallet was lost or stolen.

He said no dollars would be reported to the IRS, it sounded a little suspect....still does actually.

I won and received $ and did not receive any tax documentation from Game Day Interactive.

From what I understand you pay taxes on games of chance (slot machines, lottery etc) and no taxes on games of skill. Turfwar is/was considered a game of skill.

Any comments on this line of thinking??

Ummmmm.....so has everyone pretty much given up? I'm waiting until the 18th, when my BBB claim goes to the next level...whatever that is.

Just got this from the BBB :lmao:

Your BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota has been unable to obtain a response for you concerning your complaint you had filed with us. We sent the company your complaint, follow up letters and attempted to contact the company by telephone with no response.

BBBs must depend upon the cooperation of firms in settling customer disputes. Your BBB's record will reflect the lack of response by the company as your BBB reports unanswered complaints. These reports are available to the public. Please let us know the outcome of any further steps you plan to take or if the company contacts you to make a settlement. We will adjust our record and report to reflect the company's performance.

Thank you for using BBB services.

Just got this from the BBB :excited: Your BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota has been unable to obtain a response for you concerning your complaint you had filed with us. We sent the company your complaint, follow up letters and attempted to contact the company by telephone with no response.BBBs must depend upon the cooperation of firms in settling customer disputes. Your BBB's record will reflect the lack of response by the company as your BBB reports unanswered complaints. These reports are available to the public. Please let us know the outcome of any further steps you plan to take or if the company contacts you to make a settlement. We will adjust our record and report to reflect the company's performance.Thank you for using BBB services.
I got the same thing!God Bless America!! The only place you can start a business,STEAL from your customers and then run off like a theif in the night and NEVER have to answer a single question about it.Hey Jeff....Take my $4,300 and shove so far up your ### all you can taste is pocket change!

Users who are viewing this thread