What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turf War checks (1 Viewer)

Smizzy said:
Just got this from the BBB :confused:

Your BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota has been unable to obtain a response for you concerning your complaint you had filed with us. We sent the company your complaint, follow up letters and attempted to contact the company by telephone with no response.

BBBs must depend upon the cooperation of firms in settling customer disputes. Your BBB's record will reflect the lack of response by the company as your BBB reports unanswered complaints. These reports are available to the public. Please let us know the outcome of any further steps you plan to take or if the company contacts you to make a settlement. We will adjust our record and report to reflect the company's performance.

Thank you for using BBB services.
I got the same thing!God Bless America!! The only place you can start a business,STEAL from your customers and then run off like a theif in the night and NEVER have to answer a single question about it.

Hey Jeff....Take my $4,300 and shove so far up your ### all you can taste is pocket change!
As I posted in the AFFL threadYou're trying to kidnap what I've rightfully stolen. ...Vizzini from Princess Bride

Just got this from the BBB
The BBB has zero power. They are a for-profit organization that buisnesses can join. When a business joins, they agree to resolve disputes in a certain manner, blah blah blah... it's basically a paid seal of approval. Saying to a non-member company "I'll go to the BBB" is about as effective as saying "I'm going to tell my mom on you"

I got an email from the BBB yesterday, saying this:

"I have a reporter interested in doing a story on Game Day Interactive. Are you interested in talking to the media? I need your permission to give out your name and phone number."

Will probably do it, just replied asking which news source it was.

Crush said:
I got an email from the BBB yesterday, saying this:"I have a reporter interested in doing a story on Game Day Interactive. Are you interested in talking to the media? I need your permission to give out your name and phone number."Will probably do it, just replied asking which news source it was.
Hey Crush!! That would definitely be cool of you to speak with the media about our unfortunate situation here. If they would like to talk with anyone else relating to TurfWar, I'd certainly be willing to share my thoughts with them as well. You can mention my name (Jeff) and provide them with my email which is walkie33@comcast.net. Thanks and good luck!

Crush said:
I got an email from the BBB yesterday, saying this:"I have a reporter interested in doing a story on Game Day Interactive. Are you interested in talking to the media? I need your permission to give out your name and phone number."Will probably do it, just replied asking which news source it was.
Hey Crush!! That would definitely be cool of you to speak with the media about our unfortunate situation here. If they would like to talk with anyone else relating to TurfWar, I'd certainly be willing to share my thoughts with them as well. You can mention my name (Jeff) and provide them with my email which is walkie33@comcast.net. Thanks and good luck!
:lmao:

I've responded to the BBB lady who contacted me, saying it would be alright to have them contact me. We'll see where it goes, will keep you posted.

Hey guys! I just thought that I'd share this with you today. This letter came from Charles V. Ferguson who is a Manager of Consumer Services Division out of Minnesota. Here is what the letter said:

The Consumer Division of the Minnesota Attorney General's Office has received the enclosed response from GameDay Interactive ("GDI").

As you can see from the enclosed response, GDI is currently assessing its financial condition and in the near future may file for bankruptcy proceedings or dissolution of the corporation. Under bankruptcy proceedings and/or dissolution of the corporation, GDI will have an obligation to directly contact all known creditors.

Under Minnesota law, the Attorney General's Office has limited authority. For instance, it does not have jurisdiction to provide legal advise to private citizens. Notwithstanding this limitation, I can provide the following comments, which I hope will be helpful.

It appears from the enclosed correspondence that in the near future you should be receiving written communication from GDI or it's legal representative advising you on how to proceed with your claim. If you have any questions regarding how bankruptcy proceedings or the dissolution process will effect your claim, you may wish to discuss the matter with a private attorney. If you cannot identify an attorney to advise you, the Minnesota State Bar Association's Attorney Referral Service is available on the Internet at www.mnfindalawyer.com. If you do not have Internet access, it may be available at your nearest public library.

I hope that our intervention on your behalf has been helpful to you. Thank you again for contacting this Office.

Sincerely,

Charles V. Ferguson

Manager, Consumer Services Division

(651) 355-0700 (Voice)

(651) 282-2155 (Fax)

Now here is the letter that was attached to the one you just read. This is from a legal attorney that was apparently representing Jeff Pester and GDI recently.

Re: File No.'s DJB/2008/387955/C; JDJ/2008/387509/WZ; KSB/2008/387034/C

Dear Mr Bettendorf,

As we discussed this morning, I write on behalf of my client, GameDay Interactive, Inc ("GDI"). Mr. Jeff Pester, CEO of GDI, provided me with the three consumer complaint letters noted above today.

GDI is a high-risk, start-up technology company formed in August 2006 as a Delaware corporation. The only assets of the company (equipment, software and outstanding A/R from a credit card processing account) are not sufficiently cash solvent to pay the outstanding liabilities. GDI is currently assessing it's legal alternatives, including bankruptcy and/or dissolution of the corporation. Under either bankruptcy proceedings or dissolution, I have informed GDI that it will have an obligation to directly contact all known creditors.

For several reasons, my firm has elected to withdraw as counsel of record for GDI. I have informed GDI that it will be obligated, either directly or through its next counsel of record, to inform your office of the course of action elected by the company.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Katheryn A. Anderson

Well by reading these letters today guys, I've come to the conclusion that were not gonna see any of our previous winnings. Initially, I was strongly considering legal action against this clown but decided against it since it would end up costing me more in the long run just to try and pay an attorney for this BS. Does anyone else know what else we can do or should we throw in the towel here and deal with the frustration of not ever seeing a freaking dime from this moron?? Please stay in touch if you hear any news or latest developments with Mr Pester (a.k.a..... ONE DIRTY A## COWARD!) and I'll be glad to return the favor if I would hear anything else too. Thanks!

Jeff

Shocking ending here. It sucks for those of us owed, but it was clear from a mile away.

Never had a towel to throw in. Legal action would consume more time of mine than I believe this company deserves. He's done. It's done. Live and learn.

I could really care less about the $2700 that I am owed at this point, I was seriously hoping some criminal action would be taken in this situation. I mean, he was on this very message board personally guaranteeing everyone that they had the funds to pay out the winners even though he already knew they were in financial trouble but he just wanted to con people into continuing to deposit money which is no different than robbing them IMO. He should have been required to stop taking deposits the MINUTE he ran out of funds to pay the winners. If that is friggin legal, what's to stop anyone from just starting a bunch of internet contests and GUARANTEEING $100K prizes or whatever, take a bunch of credit card deposits, give themselves a huge salary and then tell everyone to #### off and declare bankruptcy for the so called company and just get away with it with no penalty? Thats some serious b.s. How could that not be a crime? Especially considering he used the internet, took cc payments, interstate commerce laws, all that crap? Shouldn't there be some laws that if you are going to run a contest like this with guaranteed prize pools that you have to have the payouts secured in some sort of trust account and not co-mingle it with operating funds to protect the consumers? Nothing he did was was illegal? There's no law enforcement agency that can do ANYTHING about it? I find the whole thing unbelievable.

I don't want my money, I want this lying sack of monkey turd scammer thrown in prison. That's the only thing that is going to make me happy at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could really care less about the $2700 that I am owed at this point, I was seriously hoping some criminal action would be taken in this situation. I mean, he was on this very message board personally guaranteeing everyone that they had the funds to pay out the winners even though he already knew they were in financial trouble but he just wanted to con people into continuing to deposit money which is no different than robbing them IMO. He should have been required to stop taking deposits the MINUTE he ran out of funds to pay the winners. If that is friggin legal, what's to stop anyone from just starting a bunch of internet contests and GUARANTEEING $100K prizes or whatever, take a bunch of credit card deposits, give themselves a huge salary and then tell everyone to #### off and declare bankruptcy for the so called company and just get away with it with no penalty? Thats some serious b.s. How could that not be a crime? Especially considering he used the internet, took cc payments, interstate commerce laws, all that crap? Shouldn't there be some laws that if you are going to run a contest like this with guaranteed prize pools that you have to have the payouts secured in some sort of trust account and not co-mingle it with operating funds to protect the consumers? Nothing he did was was illegal? There's no law enforcement agency that can do ANYTHING about it? I find the whole thing unbelievable.I don't want my money, I want this lying sack of monkey turd scammer thrown in prison. That's the only thing that is going to make me happy at this point.
My take is there probably won't be any criminal action taken. As expected there are a lot of legal threats and ramblings in this thread and the AFFL thread, but that's not usually the way it works in the real world. Unfortunately, nobody in law enforcement really cares that you lost money in a failed website. It just gets thrown in the same category as the mass of humanity that has lost money on ebay or paypal. From my own experience, law enforcement either doesn't give a **** or doesn't have the resources to deal with it. You can't just call the local police, the BBB, the Justice Department, the FBI, the SEC, the CIA, MI6, Sector 7, or throw up the bat signal to get the money back. I wish it was that easy but it's not. Law enforcement is so overwhelmed with ID theft and internet fraud cases already. So unless it's for significant amounts (minimum $100K personal loss to get the Feds even midly interested) or there is a huge target involved (Elliot Spitzer, etc), you just get the runaround. Maybe you get lucky and find somebody who gives a **** but that hasn't been my experience in the past. Criminal charges cost even more money to achieve and a failed business model does not automatically equal fraud. In the end, this type of stuff usually goes unprosecuted.

I filed a suit in concilliation court (small claims) and I have a hearing set for May 27th. I'm sure I'll get a judgement whether Pester shows up or not, but collecting the money is a different story. At least I will be on record as being one of his creditors.

I could really care less about the $2700 that I am owed at this point, I was seriously hoping some criminal action would be taken in this situation. I mean, he was on this very message board personally guaranteeing everyone that they had the funds to pay out the winners even though he already knew they were in financial trouble but he just wanted to con people into continuing to deposit money which is no different than robbing them IMO. He should have been required to stop taking deposits the MINUTE he ran out of funds to pay the winners. If that is friggin legal, what's to stop anyone from just starting a bunch of internet contests and GUARANTEEING $100K prizes or whatever, take a bunch of credit card deposits, give themselves a huge salary and then tell everyone to #### off and declare bankruptcy for the so called company and just get away with it with no penalty? Thats some serious b.s. How could that not be a crime? Especially considering he used the internet, took cc payments, interstate commerce laws, all that crap? Shouldn't there be some laws that if you are going to run a contest like this with guaranteed prize pools that you have to have the payouts secured in some sort of trust account and not co-mingle it with operating funds to protect the consumers? Nothing he did was was illegal? There's no law enforcement agency that can do ANYTHING about it? I find the whole thing unbelievable.I don't want my money, I want this lying sack of monkey turd scammer thrown in prison. That's the only thing that is going to make me happy at this point.
My take is there probably won't be any criminal action taken. As expected there are a lot of legal threats and ramblings in this thread and the AFFL thread, but that's not usually the way it works in the real world. Unfortunately, nobody in law enforcement really cares that you lost money in a failed website. It just gets thrown in the same category as the mass of humanity that has lost money on ebay or paypal. From my own experience, law enforcement either doesn't give a **** or doesn't have the resources to deal with it. You can't just call the local police, the BBB, the Justice Department, the FBI, the SEC, the CIA, MI6, Sector 7, or throw up the bat signal to get the money back. I wish it was that easy but it's not. Law enforcement is so overwhelmed with ID theft and internet fraud cases already. So unless it's for significant amounts (minimum $100K personal loss to get the Feds even midly interested) or there is a huge target involved (Elliot Spitzer, etc), you just get the runaround. Maybe you get lucky and find somebody who gives a **** but that hasn't been my experience in the past. Criminal charges cost even more money to achieve and a failed business model does not automatically equal fraud. In the end, this type of stuff usually goes unprosecuted.
I fully understand that nobody gives a crap about a couple of dozen FF players that are owed a few thousand each, like I said, I am not looking for anyone to care or even looking to get the money back. And I realize that a ######ed business model doesn't = criminal charges. But I'm betting that the financial records would show that this guy continued to take credit card deposits AFTER he knew he didn't have the funds to pay out the prizes he was promising. I would think that would constitute internet FRAUD, not a failed business model. I'm just finding it hard to believe that its not illegal in this country to setup a website and defraud all of your customers.

Law enforcement is so overwhelmed with ID theft and internet fraud cases already.
Funny that you mention that...Would you put ID theft past this guy? What happened to all that paperwork? You know, the winners forms with our SS#s on them... Let's hope Mr. Pester, in his desire to cover his tracks, shredded them.

Law enforcement is so overwhelmed with ID theft and internet fraud cases already.
Funny that you mention that...Would you put ID theft past this guy? What happened to all that paperwork? You know, the winners forms with our SS#s on them... Let's hope Mr. Pester, in his desire to cover his tracks, shredded them.
That is why you should NEVER send somebody like this your real SS#. They don't actually use it to pay out prizes and it's up to you to claim the income anyway. It was a warning flag when he stated that they were not going to issue 1099's along with the prize money. If that's the case, why do you need my SS#?

Someone on another thread suggested signing up for credit monitoring. I just did that... I had sent in two forms w/ my SSN. $13 a month is cheap for some peace of mind.

Seriously, Jeff Pester can go f$^% himself.

I could really care less about the $2700 that I am owed at this point, I was seriously hoping some criminal action would be taken in this situation. I mean, he was on this very message board personally guaranteeing everyone that they had the funds to pay out the winners even though he already knew they were in financial trouble but he just wanted to con people into continuing to deposit money which is no different than robbing them IMO. He should have been required to stop taking deposits the MINUTE he ran out of funds to pay the winners. If that is friggin legal, what's to stop anyone from just starting a bunch of internet contests and GUARANTEEING $100K prizes or whatever, take a bunch of credit card deposits, give themselves a huge salary and then tell everyone to #### off and declare bankruptcy for the so called company and just get away with it with no penalty? Thats some serious b.s. How could that not be a crime? Especially considering he used the internet, took cc payments, interstate commerce laws, all that crap? Shouldn't there be some laws that if you are going to run a contest like this with guaranteed prize pools that you have to have the payouts secured in some sort of trust account and not co-mingle it with operating funds to protect the consumers? Nothing he did was was illegal? There's no law enforcement agency that can do ANYTHING about it? I find the whole thing unbelievable.

I don't want my money, I want this lying sack of monkey turd scammer thrown in prison. That's the only thing that is going to make me happy at this point.
I wish there was a way to "recommend" an individual for an IRS audit. This may not be big enough for the legal system to care much about but a clusterf*** like this is what the IRS LIVES for.

FantasyTrader said:

I wish there was a way to "recommend" an individual for an IRS audit. This may not be big enough for the legal system to care much about but a clusterf*** like this is what the IRS LIVES for.
just send the IRS the facts that he failed to pay out thousands in claims and may have pocketed it. Let the IRS do the investigating.

I work for the company that Gameday Interactive hired to build turfwar.com. We haven't gotten paid either. Over 20 grand. There is also a contractor that works here that was also contracted at GameDay during the turfwar era, also hasn't gotten paid for work done.

I work for the company that Gameday Interactive hired to build turfwar.com. We haven't gotten paid either. Over 20 grand. There is also a contractor that works here that was also contracted at GameDay during the turfwar era, also hasn't gotten paid for work done.
Crush, can I ask if anyone "checked him out" before doing business with him? Also, did they get some kind of deposit from him?What a mess between AFFL and this.

Glad I got paid in week 2 and 3 and did crap the rest of the season.

Its a shame, it looked promising.

Its as if him and his financial backers had a misunderstanding.

At least a lesson was learned out of all of this. Seems like Paul Charchian (former founder of Fanball) picked an awesome time for another little startup venture - LeagueSafe. They have an option for private leagues that are 100% free of charge and I know for a fact that my company will be using this site to secure all of our payouts this year. Stupid not to really.

I ALSO won $5k in week 12 for the LATE game. Sometimes I wonder if I am mad about the money (I am), or if I am more mad about the fact that I started telling all of my friends about it.

I also got the e-mail about having money by Feb. 1. Wondering if anyone has any updates on any action that might be taken against this 'company'.

Thanks,

Chris

I ALSO won $5k in week 12 for the LATE game. Sometimes I wonder if I am mad about the money (I am), or if I am more mad about the fact that I started telling all of my friends about it. I also got the e-mail about having money by Feb. 1. Wondering if anyone has any updates on any action that might be taken against this 'company'. Thanks,Chris
no point in taking action unless they have some money for payouts. if they try to come back next season, we should raise living hell. chances are that they won't, and we'll never hear from them again.

At least a lesson was learned out of all of this. Seems like Paul Charchian (former founder of Fanball) picked an awesome time for another little startup venture - LeagueSafe. They have an option for private leagues that are 100% free of charge and I know for a fact that my company will be using this site to secure all of our payouts this year. Stupid not to really.
Yeah...but who's to say that's not a scam in the making. Trust no one but me with your league fees. :confused:

no reason for this bump. just wanted to be sure that these guys are never in business again. be wary if you see any similar contests to start the 2008 season.
Nice bump, I was just coming here to do the same and make sure that nobody ever sends a nickel to any site that Jeff Pester is involved with in any way.

Hi Guys,

Seems as if there as been a problem with a few sites not paying. NOT HERE!!!

Try our site out. And feel free to contact any of our winners to verify payment. www.Dimesports.net .

For only $49.95 you can compete in the DimeSports $100,000 Fantasy Football Challenge!!

We also offer more competitive fun, with the Mid-Season Challenge... For $29.95 with a $10,000 payout!!

DimeSports subscribers receive the benefit of:

* Live scoring updates

* News, analysis and expert advice

* Flexible, sortable stats

* Individual detailed reports for every player

* Membership in an exciting online community of avid sports fans like yourself

And don't forget the prizes:

* Up to 2k in weekly prizes

* Top 10 weekly winners per division(10) receive cash prizes

* Top 100 overall winners receive cash prizes - $100,000 GRAND PRIZE

* Full Season and Mid- Season Grand Prize winnings

* DimeSports rewards over &250k in total cash and prizes for the season....

"GET IN IT TO WIN IT"

Hi Guys,Seems as if there as been a problem with a few sites not paying. NOT HERE!!!Try our site out. And feel free to contact any of our winners to verify payment. www.Dimesports.net .For only $49.95 you can compete in the DimeSports $100,000 Fantasy Football Challenge!!We also offer more competitive fun, with the Mid-Season Challenge... For $29.95 with a $10,000 payout!!DimeSports subscribers receive the benefit of: * Live scoring updates * News, analysis and expert advice * Flexible, sortable stats * Individual detailed reports for every player * Membership in an exciting online community of avid sports fans like yourselfAnd don't forget the prizes: * Up to 2k in weekly prizes * Top 10 weekly winners per division(10) receive cash prizes * Top 100 overall winners receive cash prizes - $100,000 GRAND PRIZE * Full Season and Mid- Season Grand Prize winnings * DimeSports rewards over &250k in total cash and prizes for the season...."GET IN IT TO WIN IT"
Mister, you picked a bad thread to advertise in :(

Hi Guys,Seems as if there as been a problem with a few sites not paying. NOT HERE!!!Try our site out. And feel free to contact any of our winners to verify payment. www.Dimesports.net .For only $49.95 you can compete in the DimeSports $100,000 Fantasy Football Challenge!!We also offer more competitive fun, with the Mid-Season Challenge... For $29.95 with a $10,000 payout!!DimeSports subscribers receive the benefit of: * Live scoring updates * News, analysis and expert advice * Flexible, sortable stats * Individual detailed reports for every player * Membership in an exciting online community of avid sports fans like yourselfAnd don't forget the prizes: * Up to 2k in weekly prizes * Top 10 weekly winners per division(10) receive cash prizes * Top 100 overall winners receive cash prizes - $100,000 GRAND PRIZE * Full Season and Mid- Season Grand Prize winnings * DimeSports rewards over &250k in total cash and prizes for the season...."GET IN IT TO WIN IT"
Mister, you picked a bad thread to advertise in :confused:

I did take action against Gameday Interactive and Jeff Pester in Minnesota Conciliation Court and won a judgement for $5055. Of course, I will never see a penny of it unless I can locate him.

Users who are viewing this thread