What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's a Wonderful Life (1 Viewer)

Deepster

Footballguy
It's a Christmas tradition. I sit there, pop it in and soak in some George Bailey for 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Seriously. How great is this movie? Jimmy F'n Stewart is timeless in this flick. So many memorable scenes. At times? Sure, it gets a little 'dusty' in the Deepster house.

Who's with me? Hee Haw!!!!

You SOB. You moved the cemetery, but you left the bodies, didn't you? You SOB, you left the bodies and you only moved the head stones. You only moved the head stones. Why? Why?

"Hey look, mister - we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast, and we don't need any characters around to give the joint "atmosphere". Is that clear, or do I have to slip you my left for a convincer?"

:banned: :boxing:

Deepster said:
It's a Christmas tradition. I sit there, pop it in and soak in some George Bailey for 2 hours and 10 minutes.Seriously. How great is this movie? Jimmy F'n Stewart is timeless in this flick. So many memorable scenes. At times? Sure, it gets a little 'dusty' in the Deepster house.Who's with me? Hee Haw!!!!
ug. how you can listen to that voice is beyond me

I

HATE

IT"S

A

WONDEFUL

LIFE

This movie is pure dreck. It is pure crap.

It is sugar coated so bad that diabetics cannot watch it

I do not understand all the love for it. It isn't even a Christmas film. Sure it took place during Christmas but it isn't about that. It's about how much one can be important to the others. Why is it pegged as a Christmas film? Hell, they didn't even get the stolen money back at the end! They had to have the townspeople bail the ******* out!

Crap crap crap crap

IHATEIT"SA WONDEFULLIFEThis movie is pure dreck. It is pure crap.It is sugar coated so bad that diabetics cannot watch itI do not understand all the love for it. It isn't even a Christmas film. Sure it took place during Christmas but it isn't about that. It's about how much one can be important to the others. Why is it pegged as a Christmas film? Hell, they didn't even get the stolen money back at the end! They had to have the townspeople bail the ******* out!Crap crap crap crap
You're a horrible human being.There, I said it.

Anybody can be a movie stars these days. The old school guys were real actors where they had to preform without the special effects like today's actors. I respect Jimmy Stewart very much.

IHATEIT"SA WONDEFULLIFEThis movie is pure dreck. It is pure crap.It is sugar coated so bad that diabetics cannot watch itI do not understand all the love for it. It isn't even a Christmas film. Sure it took place during Christmas but it isn't about that. It's about how much one can be important to the others. Why is it pegged as a Christmas film? Hell, they didn't even get the stolen money back at the end! They had to have the townspeople bail the ******* out!Crap crap crap crap
Its a Christmas movie because it played constantly in public domain during Christmas during 70's and 80's. I think the record I recall is at about midnight on Christmas Eve seeing it concurently on 15 channels, including 2 in Spainish.

Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... an ####### in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer...

Wow. How can anyone possibly hate this movie? Your name makes me supsicious. ;)

None of this would have happened if Mr. McAllister hadn't meddled the way he did. He should have just accepted things as they are instead of trying to interfere with destiny. You see, you can't interfere with destiny. That's why it's destiny. And if you try to interfere, the same thing's going to happen anyway, and you'll just suffer.

GEORGE! I'm not payin' you to be a canary!

Yes, Mr. Gower...

Sorry boys, but this is one of the all-time greatest films ever made. I never miss watching it at Christmas and usually get sucked in when flipping through channels this time of year. I just love watching that scurvy little spider (old man Potter) sit there and spin his webs. And I still think Donna Reed was a hottie in her day!!!

GEORGE! I'm not payin' you to be a canary!Yes, Mr. Gower...Sorry boys, but this is one of the all-time greatest films ever made. I never miss watching it at Christmas and usually get sucked in when flipping through channels this time of year. I just love watching that scurvy little spider (old man Potter) sit there and spin his webs. And I still think Donna Reed was a hottie in her day!!!
mmmm...Donna.... :pokey:

Your brother, Harry Bailey, broke through the ice and was drowned at the age of nine.

Tha's a lie! Harry Bailey went to war, he got the Congressional Medal of Honor, he saved the lives of every man on that transport!

Every man on that transport died. Harry wasn't there to save them because, you weren't there to save Harry. You see George you really did have a Wonderful life.

Love that movie, put up my It's a Wonderful Life town today. Got all the houses, 320 Sycamore, The Bailey Building and Loan, the movie house, Bailey Boarding house, the bridge and of course the "Welcome to Bedford Falls" sign.

They are the only decorations that I'll put up. I let the wife and kids worry about everything else.

Love that movie, put up my It's a Wonderful Life town today. Got all the houses, 320 Sycamore, The Bailey Building and Loan, the movie house, Bailey Boarding house, the bridge and of course the "Welcome to Bedford Falls" sign.They are the only decorations that I'll put up. I let the wife and kids worry about everything else.
Now THAT is freaking COOL!!!! :pickle:

Your brother, Harry Bailey, broke through the ice and was drowned at the age of nine.

Tha's a lie! Harry Bailey went to war, he got the Congressional Medal of Honor, he saved the lives of every man on that transport!

Every man on that transport died. Harry wasn't there to save them because, you weren't there to save Harry. You see George you really did have a Wonderful life.

Love that movie, put up my It's a Wonderful Life town today. Got all the houses, 320 Sycamore, The Bailey Building and Loan, the movie house, Bailey Boarding house, the bridge and of course the "Welcome to Bedford Falls" sign.

They are the only decorations that I'll put up. I let the wife and kids worry about everything else.
Chills just reading that. :mellow:

I think that if you hate this movie, you have no heart whatsoever.
I guess I'm a heartless ******* then. I've never had the stomach to watch more than about five minutes straight of this crapola. Christmas Vacation is the far superior holiday movie.
:lmao: Sorry this movie is the most contrived piece of dreck ever made. I have tried and tried to like it but I can't do it. Because it sucks. A Christmas Carol, Charlie Brown Christmas, Christmas Vacation, How the Grinch stole Christmas(the cartoon) these are must see holiday TV.

Wow. How can anyone possibly hate this movie? Your name makes me supsicious. :lmao:
Why do you love it so much?Why should I love it so much?It isn't that good of a film!!!

Never seen it. :unsure:
I was you 4 years ago. Watch and love my friend. :thumbup:
Love what?A man steals eight grand, doesn't have to repay it, and the townsfolk (all white folk I might add) end up paying it back.What about the thief?Typical American dreck. Let others bail you out for the crimes you commit.Not impressed
I'm beginning to think you haven't seen this movie as there is a black woman in it who gives up money that she was saving for a divorce if she ever got a husband.

Great movie. My favorite Christmas movie and I would appriciate it if you bastages would stop talking it down, THANK YOU! :lmao:

I always get a kick out of the part where Jimmy Stewart and Ward Bond watch a hottie walk by. Bond says "I think I'll go home and see what the wife is doing" and Stewart answers with his characteristic "Uh-huh."

Deepster said:
It's a Christmas tradition. I sit there, pop it in and soak in some George Bailey for 2 hours and 10 minutes.Seriously. How great is this movie? Jimmy F'n Stewart is timeless in this flick. So many memorable scenes. At times? Sure, it gets a little 'dusty' in the Deepster house.Who's with me? Hee Haw!!!!
:lol: oh and Donna Reed = DIH

Let others bail you out for the crimes you commit.
If this is why you hate the movie you need to watch it again. Potter stole the money and the people loaned George enough money to help him through this rough time. They were happy to help him since he helped them so much by running the Building & Loan, so people would have some place they can go "without crawling to Potter".Plus, the entire underlying theme of the movie is about reflecting on one's life and how your choices / actions affects the lives of other people. I think this theme is why it's a great Christmas movie and the reson people are incredulous toward those who don't like the movie.

And the end always gets me: "A toast! To my big brother George; the richest man in town!" :cry:

Let others bail you out for the crimes you commit.
If this is why you hate the movie you need to watch it again. Potter stole the money and the people loaned George enough money to help him through this rough time. They were happy to help him since he helped them so much by running the Building & Loan, so people would have some place they can go "without crawling to Potter".Plus, the entire underlying theme of the movie is about reflecting on one's life and how your choices / actions affects the lives of other people. I think this theme is why it's a great Christmas movie and the reson people are incredulous toward those who don't like the movie.

And the end always gets me: "A toast! To my big brother George; the richest man in town!" :cry:
SPOILER ALERT DOWN????????? :thumbup:

I always get a kick out of the part where Jimmy Stewart and Ward Bond watch a hottie walk by. Bond says "I think I'll go home and see what the wife is doing" and Stewart answers with his characteristic "Uh-huh."
That's no ordinary hottie - that's Violet Bick.

Users who are viewing this thread