What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Linkedin.com - Professional Networking (1 Viewer)

Chadstroma

Footballguy
linkedin.com

I have recently been building my contacts in this site with hope that it might end up helping in the future in career development. Just wondering is anyone has been a part of this in the past and have helped or not.

ETA: I have found this site useful so far in my career search (two possibilities that have come about ONLY because of the site) as well as keeping in touch with colleagues and getting in touch with ones that you lost contact with. I changed have changed the title.

There is an official FBG group on the site now thanks to another FBGer. Jump on and enjoy.

Link to Join the FBG group on Linkedin

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Pretty popular in California...most of my friends & colleagues are on it.

I just started getting bombarded with invites for this thing in the last month or so and also curious about it's "successes".I'm still not quite sure how it's supposed to help me- other than hooking me back up with friends and colleagues?

I just started getting bombarded with invites for this thing in the last month or so and also curious about it's "successes".I'm still not quite sure how it's supposed to help me- other than hooking me back up with friends and colleagues?
i suppose it depends on your industry. i am in tech sales, so it's helpful for me.the recent downside is that it is now a recruiter's playground. i get way too many job opportunity offers now.

i suppose it depends on your industry. i am in tech sales, so it's helpful for me.the recent downside is that it is now a recruiter's playground. i get way too many job opportunity offers now.
For me that would be a success since I need to find myself a job.

I work for a software company and many of my customers when leaving would send me an invite (or I would send them one). Several times, thru Linkedin, they have looked me up at their next job and purchased our software for their company. So yes, I find it very successful.

We also interviewed a recent Sales Manager who sent us his LinkedIn profile and his recommendations. It was valuable in our mind because they were valid references from people he had worked with.

I just got on there yesterday, responding to an invite from the alumni network of a law firm I worked for. I'm trying to figure out what it's about and whether it's useful, so :angry:

On it. Joined recently after I kept seeing it come up when I was doing searches for people and needed to register to see the profile.

I am always looking to expand my network. PM me if interested.

I am involved in and have contacts within the sports industy and consumer goods.

Im on there and since i am looking for work it has allowed me to get back in touch with old friends and colleagues that can help in my search. Also provides a good resume posting place and like a previous poster said, allows for references to be posted.

I have also noticed a lot of jobs popping up on there too.

Open to connecting if anyone wants to pm me.....

I am out in orange county, CA and have been able to connect with colleagues across the SE and Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have now connected with Wild Bill and Keerock.

For those who would like to add me as well send an invite to

j r fullerton at yahoo

(no spaces, dots, etc. in name)

I use it too ...

I've been able to help place someone in my company as well as point another friend to a new contact for business.

I'll add you too ... send me a PM with your email address and we can "link"

:lmao:

i will be adding people from fbg to my linkedin on an open basis through the end of the year. after that i will be screening.

get in while it is good.

Users who are viewing this thread