Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY/NJMFDIVER

What is the longest drive in NFL and/or college history?

14 posts in this topic

This was just discussed in the Shark Pool a couple weeks ago.

This was just discussed in the Shark Pool a couple weeks ago.

Link?

Longest in terms of yards (which would be a kick return) or time?

I know Tony Dorsett had a 99 yard run for TD, which by definition has to be the longest offensive drive in terms of yardage.

I once drove from Cincinnati to Montana in one day last semester. That's got to be up there.

The longest drive in NCAA history in terms of time and number of plays was a 26 play, 94 yard drive that took 14 minutes and 26 seconds, by Navy against New Mexico in the 2004 Emerald Bowl.

The longest drive in NCAA history in terms of time and number of plays was a 26 play, 94 yard drive that took 14 minutes and 26 seconds, by Navy against New Mexico in the 2004 Emerald Bowl.

culminating in a safety? :lmao:

culminating in a safety? :lmao:
Heh, nope, a field goal.

Found this on Yahoo answers:

Saints vs Panthers, Oct 7, 2006 -- Saints had a drive that was 24 plays, 93 yards, 10:22 off the clock, and culminating in a blocked 20-yard FG.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...12112709AAq8jDI

Should be updated. The Raiders had an 11:49 minute drive against the Colts on Dec 16, 2007. Link to Drive Chart, look at the Raiders of course:

Link

I know it is not a record, but Illinois closed out their game against OSU with a drive that took up the last 8:30 of the game I think, and they were only to about the 35 of OSU. Easily could have eaten up more clock if needed.