What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Divisonal Round Playoff Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Good Luck to the Chargers and Colts. May the better team have the privilege to play against the Patriots.

With Gates

Colts-34 SD-10

Without Gates

Colts-34 SD-10.

I hope SD wins, nothing like NE watching LT :) in person

But watching Manning :thumbdown: is nice as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are not here to talk about the game or either of these teams, please do not post a comment.

TIA.

I watched pretty much the entire game they played earlier this year when the Bolts won. I thought Indy dominated that game at times and if it weren't for the 5 or 6 INT's by Manning that game, it would have been lopsided for the Colts favor.

Yes, those INT's are part of the game, you can't just cut them out but for this game......if they don't get the same type of bad game out of Manning or outstanding game by their defense/special teams I think the Chargers will be in big trouble.

Even with all of those INT"s, the Colts missed a chip shot field goal at the end of the game to win it.

They're now playing at home, I doubt Manning throws all of those interceptions and I'd put my money on Vinetari to kick a short field goal in the playoffs.

I don't see how the Chargers win this game.

Gates is a go according to Clayton. :pickle:
Like it will matter. :goodposting:
Don't you have some other Pats fans to slobber on right now? And you guys wonder why the rest of America hates NE/Boston fans at the current moment. It's not enough to have a 17-0 team, have to rub it in too eh? You stay classy Maroney=Speed. :rolleyes:
Nope to the classy thing, love when NE runs up the score.Matter of fact I was pissed they only scored 31 points last night.Was hoping for 50. :thumbup:

Let's see.. The Chargers barely beat Indy at home with Manning throwing 6 picks and Vinatieri missing a chip shot.

Rooting for the bolts, but likely this won't be pretty.

The main problem is I just don't see the Chargers putting up enough points to keep it close. The Colts will likely stick eight in the box to slow down LT and force Rivers to beat them. And Rivers will make a mistake at some point, or more than one.

I just don't buy Rivers; too inconsistent. When you go back to that 2004 draft, it's pretty clear (at least to me) that Roethlisberger was the cream of the QBs, and Rivers and Eli Manning OK but not great. Right now I would rank Rivers third. I think the Chargers regret letting Brees go.

With Cromartie improving the secondary, and with Chambers and Vincent Jackson seeming to finally live up to their potential, the Chargers are now a soundly built team that may be around for a while. But I see Rivers as their biggest weakness. I don't think they will make it very far in the playoffs (ever) so long as he is the QB; certainly not today.

I watched pretty much the entire game they played earlier this year when the Bolts won. I thought Indy dominated that game at times and if it weren't for the 5 or 6 INT's by Manning that game, it would have been lopsided for the Colts favor.Yes, those INT's are part of the game, you can't just cut them out but for this game......if they don't get the same type of bad game out of Manning or outstanding game by their defense/special teams I think the Chargers will be in big trouble.Even with all of those INT"s, the Colts missed a chip shot field goal at the end of the game to win it.They're now playing at home, I doubt Manning throws all of those interceptions and I'd put my money on Vinetari to kick a short field goal in the playoffs.I don't see how the Chargers win this game.
I agree - I think the Colts are going to easily win this game.But, I don't think they will blow the Chargers out - they will dominate, not incinerate, them. And the Chargers' D IS a very very good D. After last night's offensive barnburners, I think this game will show that the AFC is actually dominated by a pair of very good defenses.

I watched pretty much the entire game they played earlier this year when the Bolts won. I thought Indy dominated that game at times and if it weren't for the 5 or 6 INT's by Manning that game, it would have been lopsided for the Colts favor.Yes, those INT's are part of the game, you can't just cut them out but for this game......if they don't get the same type of bad game out of Manning or outstanding game by their defense/special teams I think the Chargers will be in big trouble.Even with all of those INT"s, the Colts missed a chip shot field goal at the end of the game to win it.They're now playing at home, I doubt Manning throws all of those interceptions and I'd put my money on Vinetari to kick a short field goal in the playoffs.I don't see how the Chargers win this game.
I agree - I think the Colts are going to easily win this game.But, I don't think they will blow the Chargers out - they will dominate, not incinerate, them. And the Chargers' D IS a very very good D. After last night's offensive barnburners, I think this game will show that the AFC is actually dominated by a pair of very good defenses.
IMO, the Colts SHOULD win handily, but for whatever reason the Chargers tend to play them tough. I still think the Colts will win, but I think they may have to work harder than some people may be anticipating.

The main problem is I just don't see the Chargers putting up enough points to keep it close. The Colts will likely stick eight in the box to slow down LT and force Rivers to beat them. And Rivers will make a mistake at some point, or more than one. I just don't buy Rivers; too inconsistent. When you go back to that 2004 draft, it's pretty clear (at least to me) that Roethlisberger was the cream of the QBs, and Rivers and Eli Manning OK but not great. Right now I would rank Rivers third. I think the Chargers regret letting Brees go.With Cromartie improving the secondary, and with Chambers and Vincent Jackson seeming to finally live up to their potential, the Chargers are now a soundly built team that may be around for a while. But I see Rivers as their biggest weakness. I don't think they will make it very far in the playoffs (ever) so long as he is the QB; certainly not today.
While I agree that he is the third best talent among Roeth, Manning and him, I couldn't disagree more on his chances for success in the playoffs. He does not put up gaudy stats, but I think he's been a pretty good field general for them this season.Tremblay could step in here and help out since he's the Chargers expert, but I thought Rivers has played very well the last month and half or so when it counts - not necessarily putting up any fantasy numbers, but he's made good throws in tough situations. Plus, 13 TDs and 0 INTs in the red zone this year. That's pretty strong when LT put up another 11 RZ rushing TDs.

Chargers Inactives:

QB Charlie Whitehurst (3rd QB)

WR Malcom Floyd

CB Paul Oliver

CB Cletis Gordon

FB Lorenzo Neal

TE Scott Chandler

LB Anthony Waters

DL Brandon McKinney

Interesting that Chandler's out, but looks like Manu and Naanee will be the fallback(s) if Gates is sidelined / can't continue.

Colts Inactives:

WR Craphonso Thorpe

RB Clifton Dawson

CB Keiwan Ratliff

S Brannon Condren

LB Brandon Archer

T Corey Hilliard

T Michael Toudouze

DT Dan Klecko

The main problem is I just don't see the Chargers putting up enough points to keep it close. The Colts will likely stick eight in the box to slow down LT and force Rivers to beat them. And Rivers will make a mistake at some point, or more than one. I just don't buy Rivers; too inconsistent. When you go back to that 2004 draft, it's pretty clear (at least to me) that Roethlisberger was the cream of the QBs, and Rivers and Eli Manning OK but not great. Right now I would rank Rivers third. I think the Chargers regret letting Brees go.With Cromartie improving the secondary, and with Chambers and Vincent Jackson seeming to finally live up to their potential, the Chargers are now a soundly built team that may be around for a while. But I see Rivers as their biggest weakness. I don't think they will make it very far in the playoffs (ever) so long as he is the QB; certainly not today.
While I agree that he is the third best talent among Roeth, Manning and him, I couldn't disagree more on his chances for success in the playoffs. He does not put up gaudy stats, but I think he's been a pretty good field general for them this season.Tremblay could step in here and help out since he's the Chargers expert, but I thought Rivers has played very well the last month and half or so when it counts - not necessarily putting up any fantasy numbers, but he's made good throws in tough situations. Plus, 13 TDs and 0 INTs in the red zone this year. That's pretty strong when LT put up another 11 RZ rushing TDs.
Well you may watch more of them than I do; I have no stats to back me up. It's just my impression that Rivers makes a lot of questionable throws. Has he ben better in the last few weeks? I admit I have'nt watched them, and I only saw a few minutes of last week's playoff game.

Well you may watch more of them than I do; I have no stats to back me up. It's just my impression that Rivers makes a lot of questionable throws. Has he ben better in the last few weeks? I admit I have'nt watched them, and I only saw a few minutes of last week's playoff game.
16 picks this year - not very good. He does make questionable throws, but he's been much better the last month or so on making the right decisions and good throws at critical parts of the game. Kind of like early Elway - lots of questionable throws throughout the game, but the right calls in the fourth to win the game.I could easily see a Colts dominated 20-3 game in the fourth and Rivers spearheading a comeback effot.I really do think the Colts will dominate the game, just that it will not be a blowout.

Chargers Inactives:

QB Charlie Whitehurst (3rd QB)

WR Malcom Floyd

CB Paul Oliver

CB Cletis Gordon

FB Lorenzo Neal

TE Scott Chandler

LB Anthony Waters

DL Brandon McKinney

Interesting that Chandler's out, but looks like Manu and Naanee will be the fallback(s) if Gates is sidelined / can't continue.
Neal was the one that stuck out to me, I thought people were saying he might go in this one.

Manning is so awesome. He moved just enough to avoid the rush and threw a TD. Awesome.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but the best CBS could do is Gumbel and Dierdorf?
They are CBS' number 2 team. I like them.

that whole drive was on the SD secondary

they are actually putting pressure on Manning, but the coverage isn't there

I didn't think Hart played very well last week either. Very nice drive. Chargers have missed a guy to cover TE's/RB's all season.

Can't the Chargers just forfeit and let's bring on next week already? I mean for two teams I don't root for or against (Colts and Pats) I don't think I've ever looked forward to a game quite as much

Users who are viewing this thread