What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shameless Recruiting Speal.... (1 Viewer)

Toads

Footballguy
:popcorn:

Z-Land is "Where Dynasties Are Born"

Recruiting is under way for '08 leagues: 53 man roster, 12 team format, full-service IDP.

Compete with, and against, the best FFB players on The Planet

Send a PM, or post in this thread, and I'll forward your application package.

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug:

Recruiting is under way for '08 leagues: 53 man roster, 12 team format, full IDP.

How much $$ are they? And how much is paid out?

Costs are about $8 per team, which covers MFL and message board hosting costs. No payouts.
So it's a free league that costs money :unsure:
It costs money to run a league at MyFantasyLeague.com. It costs money to host a message board for 60+ leagues. Not sure where you'd expect that to come from.
I got that part, I just assumed that with all the effort that goes into managing a team in a league like this that people would be actually playing for money.

Costs are about $8 per team, which covers MFL and message board hosting costs. No payouts.
So it's a free league that costs money :confused:
It costs money to run a league at MyFantasyLeague.com. It costs money to host a message board for 60+ leagues. Not sure where you'd expect that to come from.
I got that part, I just assumed that with all the effort that goes into managing a team in a league like this that people would be actually playing for money.
Nope. Not these. There are plenty of $$-payout dynasties out there (I am in some as well) but ZF was established on the basis of simply playing for fun, pride and the challenge of top-notch competition. If that's something you'd be up for, we'd be glad to have you. If not, that's cool too.

I'd be interested. Out of curiousity, are these abandoned teams where new owners take over, or new owners draft from a pool of players from all abandon teams, or simply an expansion with a complete new dynasty start up?

I'd be interested. Out of curiousity, are these abandoned teams where new owners take over, or new owners draft from a pool of players from all abandon teams, or simply an expansion with a complete new dynasty start up?
There are both options right now. We are in the process of filling 12 new 12-team leagues that will have startup drafts this spring and we also have some orphaned teams available. If there are multiple vacancies in a league, there will either be a mini-draft but if there is only one opening, the new owner would just take the team as-is.Please go here:

Zealots Field

download the application and email it to applications@zealotsfield.com

If you have any problems or need additional info, feel free to PM me.

Thank you for your interest.

There are both options right now. We are in the process of filling 12 new 12-team leagues that will have startup drafts this spring and we also have some orphaned teams available. If there are multiple vacancies in a league, there will either be a mini-draft but if there is only one opening, the new owner would just take the team as-is.Please go here:

Zealots Field

Purplehaze, thanks for the fill in information. The link gives you the application. Forwarding it to the "applications" address is the generic route.

That will work. I'd like to add a personal link: forward the application to JaguarsZ18@yahoo.com (email address for Mark Clapper). Specifically ticket the request by noting Z-56 as the League of interest. Mark will assist in 1.) getting the application placed within a league grouping and 2.) in getting enrolled on the Zealots Mesage Boards.

There are twelve leagues within the Hutson Syndicate, Z-49 through Z-60, that are populating for '08 play. New enrollments will be distributed to the twelve leagues, by Mark, unless their is a specific league requested.

Zealots Field

Purplehaze, thanks for the fill in information. The link gives you the application. Forwarding it to the "applications" address is the generic route.

That will work. I'd like to add a personal link: forward the application to marknkathy@sbcglobal.net (email address for Mark Clapper). Specifically ticket the request by noting Z-56 as the League of interest. Mark will assist in 1.) getting the application placed within a league grouping and 2.) in getting enrolled on the Zealots Mesage Boards.

There are twelve leagues within the Hutson Syndicate, Z-49 through Z-60, that are populating for '08 play. New enrollments will be distributed to the twelve leagues, by Mark, unless their is a specific league requested.
Or Z51, that is a good one to join as well. My plug to fill my new one as well. :nerd:

I just completed my first year taking over a weak orphan team in Z11. I really enjoyed the league and think that it is a great deal for $8 for those who like to play in some for entertainment only leagues.

Zealots Field

That will work. I'd like to add a personal link: forward the application to JaguarsZ18@yahoo.com (email address for Mark Clapper). Specifically ticket the request by noting Z-56 as the League of interest. Mark will assist in 1.) getting the application placed within a league grouping and 2.) in getting enrolled on the Zealots Mesage Boards.

This is true if you are looking to obtain a brand new team. But, we also have some openings in existing leagues that need to be filled. Mark is specifically filling the Hutson Syndicate and would have nothing to do with filling vacancies in other leagues. For those that would consider taking over an orphaned squad, sending to the applications@zealotsfield.com addy is the way to go.

:shrug:

Recruiting is under way for '08 leagues: 53 man roster, 12 team format, full IDP.

FWIW, Z is not Full IDP.It is 2 DL, 2LB, 2DB and a flex.

As a zealot owner of 1 team I will again say I like the league and it is well worth the low cost for an entertainment only league. I do wish they would add more starters to the IDP to balance out player values a bit.

what does Full IDP mean?7 IDP positions is certainly an IDP league to 99% of fantasy owners, IMO.
IMHO, Full IDP has always meant starting a full team on defense - 11 players in some configuration.
agree to disagree then.as long as # of starters on offense and defense are roughly similar, it's full IDP as far as I'm concerned.if you start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 FLEX that's 8 offensive starters. starting 8 IDPs balances out the lineup perfectly.

what does Full IDP mean?7 IDP positions is certainly an IDP league to 99% of fantasy owners, IMO.
IMHO, Full IDP has always meant starting a full team on defense - 11 players in some configuration.
agree to disagree then.as long as # of starters on offense and defense are roughly similar, it's full IDP as far as I'm concerned.if you start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 FLEX that's 8 offensive starters. starting 8 IDPs balances out the lineup perfectly.
Just a counterpoint as I think we're getting off topic of the OP, but it does depend on scoring.If we have FBG-style scoring I'm inclined to agree with you on the balance aspect, but IIRC "Z" is a little light on IDP scoring as well.I think 8 vs. 11 IDPs is a bit semantical, but in principle I agree with you that you should have at least 7 or 8 IDPs or a close match to # of offensive players to be balanced. I just tend to think of 11 IDPs with the words "full IDP".

FWIW, Z is not Full IDP.

It is 2 DL, 2LB, 2DB and a flex.
agree to disagree then.as long as # of starters on offense and defense are roughly similar, it's full IDP as far as I'm concerned.

if you start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 FLEX that's 8 offensive starters. starting 8 IDPs balances out the lineup perfectly.
Just a counterpoint as I think we're getting off topic of the OP, but it does depend on scoring.If we have FBG-style scoring I'm inclined to agree with you on the balance aspect, but IIRC "Z" is a little light on IDP scoring as well.

I think 8 vs. 11 IDPs is a bit semantical, but in principle I agree with you that you should have at least 7 or 8 IDPs or a close match to # of offensive players to be balanced. I just tend to think of 11 IDPs with the words "full IDP".
I'll amend that to read: full-service IDP and we'll just coin a new FFB term....that should work out.The point about "being light on the IDP scoring" is well taken. Furthur more, the IDP is slanted towards a tackle heavy system, where guys like Ed Reed don't bring home a lot of bacon.

The IDP play is more of a "let's keep in touch with the other positions" type of deal. It's actually an advantage to have a little more IDP backround as there's a lot of opportunities to snag some servicable IDP scorer's from the Waiver Wire.

Where Z-Land excells is the opportunity for some "out of the norm" type leagues, most noticably the SCHIZO and Maximus League play. MAX-Land is much more IDP friendly and features open Waiver Wire play. For the IDP "purists" in the group, there's PHALANX, which is IDP only.

Once you're a member of a traditional Z-League, the other types of League play are automatically available, pending openings which are FCFS.

If we have FBG-style scoring I'm inclined to agree with you on the balance aspect, but IIRC "Z" is a little light on IDP scoring as well.

I think 8 vs. 11 IDPs is a bit semantical, but in principle I agree with you that you should have at least 7 or 8 IDPs or a close match to # of offensive players to be balanced. I just tend to think of 11 IDPs with the words "full IDP".
I'll amend that to read: full-service IDP and we'll just coin a new FFB term....that should work out.
If this was in the FFA, I'd be quite :thumbup:

Either way, it is a very well run league, if you have not gotten into it, i would suggest u give it a shot!! :shrug:

If we have FBG-style scoring I'm inclined to agree with you on the balance aspect, but IIRC "Z" is a little light on IDP scoring as well.

I'll amend that to read: full-service IDP and we'll just coin a new FFB term....that should work out.
If this was in the FFA, I'd be quite :D
;) Gotta Love It.

Shameless tack on Z58 is in need of more new owners - we are looking for people new to the Zealots - but if you are eligable to take on another zealot team - we would love to have you join.

PM myself, or Tick if interested. Here is the link for Zealots Field! Come join the fun and the competiveness! Its one quality organization!

Link to application

Bump :mellow:

Still looking for a few good guys/gals...Common Now!

"This ain't no Party.

This ain't no Disco.

This ain't no "Foolin' Round." .....Talking Heads, 1992

This ain't no $1,000 entry deal, either.

Common Now!

We still need a few more active, committed FFB ZEALOTS!

Users who are viewing this thread