What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2- Round 1-4 (1 Viewer)

2.15 Carson Palmer QB CIN

I have a feeling Jeff may be taking a QB at the turn and I don't want to lose out on Palmer, who I think is going to take the next step and join Brady and Manning in the top tier.

PMing Jeff

2.15 Carson Palmer QB CINI have a feeling Jeff may be taking a QB at the turn and I don't want to lose out on Palmer, who I think is going to take the next step and join Brady and Manning in the top tier.PMing Jeff
You were correct, and Palmer was strongly under consideration here.I'll take my two shortly.

2.16 Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints

Brees was the #2 QB in this format (near as I can tell) from Weeks 6-17 and it really isn't close.

3.01 Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans

Again, going with the "hot hand" from last year, as once he returned from his injury he was a force.

Considered a few other WRs here, but for general planning I decided that it was best to go with AJ.

While I think I know who OM will take next, I'm not going to pick for him here. His PM wasn't clear if his list was for just 1 or both picks, so I'll let him come back and make his next selection.

He said he'd be around about 7PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.02 Lendale White RB TEN

I'm leaving some better RB prospects on the board, but they all seem to have some major issues - RBBC, injuries, age, etc. Lendale is the top RB on a team that should continue to pound the rock on a fairly consistent basis.

PMing OM

yeah, that's a buzzkill having to wait if he sent a list.
What's hard to understand?He said "for my next pick" use that list - which happened.Sure he has someone on that list available to him, but I'm not certain he'd pick the same player from that list if he sees who has and hasn't been picked.

What's hard to understand?He said "for my next pick" use that list - which happened.Sure he has someone on that list available to him, but I'm not certain he'd pick the same player from that list if he sees who has and hasn't been picked.
nothing is hard to understand. just said it's a buzzkill to start and then stop.it's cool that he sent a list. bummer that he didn't clear you to make 2 picks with it.

nothing is hard to understand. just said it's a buzzkill to start and then stop.it's cool that he sent a list. bummer that he didn't clear you to make 2 picks with it.
Sorry dude. I'm not a fan of it either.

The last 3 guys were all considerations.

I passed on Holt because (A) of his knee and (B) I don't trust his QB.

I passed on Can't Handle Any Defenders because I wanted a WR1. He's not it any more.

I passed on Colston because I had Brees. He was my best option - tied with AJ.

Ouch - all that crying up above signified the end of a WR tier at WR14.....

I went picking at the next tier with a lot of similar Wr's.

I like where Radballs and Jeter are - able to nail down a number 1 RB and still get 2 top tier WR's each. :thumbup:

Just got into work...late night last night and somewhat hungover.

3.15 RB Earnest Graham

How times have changed....Graham and Grant as my RBs? Not sure what to think of this.

I normally don't mind the end, but I hate it in a draft this early in the year.

Cotchery and Cooley.

Back atya Shadow

I normally don't mind the end, but I hate it in a draft this early in the year.
It's a really different strategy on the ends, especially near the 16 spot in the WSLs. I feel sometimes that what could be the best players left have uncertainties. You could play is safe but I don't think it's a winning formula but then again I haven't done well in the WSLs, so wtf do I know? I feel the ends need to take more risks and it's hard to find value. In the middle someone could fall 8 spots or so, but there's almost zero chance of that player falling 15 spots. So if you like a player, I think you have to reach a little and draft him earlier than you may want. In addition you're more susceptible to runs, so you have to plan ahead more. And there's no guarantee about when and what positions those runs come. You can do well and win these things on the ends (I'd be interested to see what draft slots do the best/worst in these leagues) but I think the draft can head downhill more quickly for those on the ends if they're aren't careful.

I'll be out till 8am tomorrow.

I PM'd Thom and Jeter. Anyone can leave me PM's for the morning or all day tomorrow :mellow:

3.14 - Michael Turner, RB, SD
About 20 picks later than he went in WSL1, and the owner with the pick after him said he was about to take Turner, too. Better value than they got, but I'm still not sure about spending one of my first three picks on a guy who might not have a starting job somewhere next year.

4.03 - Roddy White, WR, ATL
This pick could be absolute gold or absolutely awful. I really have no idea which.
I completely agree. I would've really liked to wait another round, but there's no way he'd get back to me. I just can't let him go by when he put up pretty reasonable / good numbers with Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich and Chris Redman chucking the ball.As for Turner, I'm just taking upside here. The WR's I wanted to take in the 3rd were all gone, I already have a great TE and the only other RB I was targeting was Brandon Jacobs and he was gone.

4.03 - Roddy White, WR, ATL
This pick could be absolute gold or absolutely awful. I really have no idea which.
I completely agree. I would've really liked to wait another round, but there's no way he'd get back to me. I just can't let him go by when he put up pretty reasonable / good numbers with Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich and Chris Redman chucking the ball.As for Turner, I'm just taking upside here. The WR's I wanted to take in the 3rd were all gone, I already have a great TE and the only other RB I was targeting was Brandon Jacobs and he was gone.
I don't like it. It could turn out to be a great pick but I think there were a lot of comparable WRs with much less risk. But like I said in an earlier post, if you like somebody, you gotta take him when you can because he's not going to fall to you next round.

4.5 BEN ROETHLISBERGER, QB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

eta:

QB: Roethlisberger

RB: McGahee

WR: R. Moss

TE: Gonzalez

Users who are viewing this thread