What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - Rounds 5,6,7,8 (1 Viewer)

Lets talk about how awesome my team is.D.Brees, J.DelhommeL.Tomlinson, J. StewartB.EdwardsD.Clark, T.Sheffler
I have a rather similar team, so following this one closely.LT2Andre Johnson / Drew BreesDonald Driver / Fred TaylorJust missed Dallas Clark at the 4/5 turn, so went with Fred Taylor as my RB2.

Cowboy takes Ben Watson TE Patriots

I see LHucks here

edit to say that I sent PM since he left

Last edited by a moderator:
8.03 - Rashard Mendenhall

Can't believe I just drafted a slow10 runningback...but this kid looks legit.

No PM from IWBC?Anyhow, apologies for the delay, I'm kind of important at work and we had an emergency this afternoon.
:nerd: You're before me on he way up........and Sniffer didn't select yet at this point.You really were flustered. Tomorrow will be a better day......gratz on your Big 10 selection.

No PM from IWBC?Anyhow, apologies for the delay, I'm kind of important at work and we had an emergency this afternoon.
Hi > ChaseWhat was the emergency...was the good draft pick hedge fund manager short on ideas and needed an expert opinion prior to making any new trades?

Not sure why this guy is still around but he's to talented to pass on...

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL
the same reason galloway was. you tards and your ####in qb runsi wanted engram galloway and crumpler last round but was forced into a qb

#####es

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL
the same reason galloway was. you tards and your ####in qb runsi wanted engram galloway and crumpler last round but was forced into a qb

#####es
agreed that was the worst QB run I've seen in one of these. With Eli as my #1 I still felt like I needed to grab one knowing that he stinks.

tards!

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL

#####es
agreed that was the worst QB run I've seen in one of these. With Eli as my #1 I still felt like I needed to grab one knowing that he stinks.

tards!
I just refused to participate. Couldn't justify drafting a QB in round 7 that may not even be a starter. This has to be the worst year ever for QB turmoil as half the jobs in the league have question marks.

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL

#####es

tards!
I just refused to participate. Couldn't justify drafting a QB in round 7 that may not even be a starter. This has to be the worst year ever for QB turmoil as half the jobs in the league have question marks.
easy to say when sitting on Palmer

I am checking picks and will have a pick up shortly......

unless my Mom, wife, or daughter calls, they are much more important than me. :blackdot:

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL
I thought about him myself but took Watson over him just due to the more stable QB. I thought for sure Lhucks would have taken Watson or Crumpler with no TE and been happy with that but he must have that super sleeper out there.

QB - Cutler, Campbell

RB - L.Johnson, Turner, K.Jones

WR - Burress, CalvinJ

TE - Lee

Have at it folks.

But just remember, lots of you made fun of my squad in this very league last year - and I won it all.

In fact, I got more ##### in WSL than in any of the others (PDSL, BDSL, SSL, MBSL, etc) - and yet this is the one I won overall.

QB - Cutler, CampbellRB - L.Johnson, Turner, K.JonesWR - Burress, CalvinJTE - LeeHave at it folks.But just remember, lots of you made fun of my squad in this very league last year - and I won it all.In fact, I got more ##### in WSL than in any of the others (PDSL, BDSL, SSL, MBSL, etc) - and yet this is the one I won overall.
QB - just fine, Cutler has the job for sure, Is campbell healthy though? I thought he busted his knee capRB - Great value in LJ at 9, Turner should start somewhere, obviously if he stays in SD this is a busted pick. K.jones has value, he is coming off an ACL. The good news - detroit should run more, the bad news, I think his PPR value goes down without MartzWR - Burress is a solid #1 in this format, I think Clavin is still over rated by alot of peopleTE - Buddy Lee - solid value where you got himAs far as last year goes, I think early QB picks in round1 are more tolerable in WSL as opposed to other SSL, just not a strategy in these I follow.my squad:QB- Eli,AsmithRB- Willis,F.TaylorWR- Roy,Jennings,DjaxTE- Gates

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Fiddles said:
BassNBrew said:

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL

#####es

tards!
There are fewer solid QBs than I can ever remember, thus the QB run...it's why I drafted Roeth in round 4. I plan on taking a QB3 next round.A nice little twist to these 16 teamers this year.

QB - Cutler, CampbellRB - L.Johnson, Turner, K.JonesWR - Burress, CalvinJTE - LeeHave at it folks.But just remember, lots of you made fun of my squad in this very league last year - and I won it all.In fact, I got more ##### in WSL than in any of the others (PDSL, BDSL, SSL, MBSL, etc) - and yet this is the one I won overall.
QB - just fine, Cutler has the job for sure, Is campbell healthy though? I thought he busted his knee capRB - Great value in LJ at 9, Turner should start somewhere, obviously if he stays in SD this is a busted pick. K.jones has value, he is coming off an ACL. The good news - detroit should run more, the bad news, I think his PPR value goes down without MartzWR - Burress is a solid #1 in this format, I think Clavin is still over rated by alot of peopleTE - Buddy Lee - solid value where you got himAs far as last year goes, I think early QB picks in round1 are more tolerable in WSL as opposed to other SSL, just not a strategy in these I follow.my squad:QB- Eli,AsmithRB- Willis,F.TaylorWR- Roy,Jennings,DjaxTE- Gates
I didn't take a QB in round 1 last year. I believe I took Manning at around 2.06 or 2.07.Got tooooooooooooooons of cr@p for that pick.

As for your squad - overall I like it. I think you do need to beef up your RBs though.Through 8 rounds you only have 2 - which is okay. But when your 2nd one is Fred Taylor, you do have to wonder how much more he has in the tank.- Young talented RB waiting in the wings that people consider good enough to draft him in the 1st round in these. Check.- Wrong side of 30 (32 in a couple days). Check.- Wear and tear. (Over 2500 touches in 10 seasons.) Check.Again, I like the rest of your team. Shaping up very nicely. Gates is gold w/ 2ppr. D.Jax could be great value in the 8th round. But you will need a late round RB that outperforms his draft spot.

As for your squad - overall I like it. I think you do need to beef up your RBs though.Through 8 rounds you only have 2 - which is okay. But when your 2nd one is Fred Taylor, you do have to wonder how much more he has in the tank.- Young talented RB waiting in the wings that people consider good enough to draft him in the 1st round in these. Check.- Wrong side of 30 (32 in a couple days). Check.- Wear and tear. (Over 2500 touches in 10 seasons.) Check.Again, I like the rest of your team. Shaping up very nicely. Gates is gold w/ 2ppr. D.Jax could be great value in the 8th round. But you will need a late round RB that outperforms his draft spot.
I almost went RB instead of ASmithI think F.Taylor represents excellent value where I got him and Jax isnt going to change how they run things, Taylor will get his carries.

I almost went RB instead of ASmithI think F.Taylor represents excellent value where I got him and Jax isnt going to change how they run things, Taylor will get his carries.
He averaged just under 15 carries/game this year. He didn't even average 1 reception a game.If he was all they had, I could see that being tremendous value b/c he'd have to see at least 15-18 carries a game next year. But with MJD there, I see Taylor's carries (at his age) going to about 12-14/game.Was there much better available at the 5/6 turn? Probably not. So in that sense, it could be good.But b/c not much else is available at RB at the 5/6 turn, that is why I personally don't believe in waiting til then to secure a RB2.If he were to see 12-14 carries a game, but at least made up for it in other regards (receptions or TDs), that would be one thing. But he isn't the RB they dump the short passes to (MJD is w/ 40 receptions compared to 9), nor is he the TD man (9 for MJD compared to 5).The upside is limited.I see what you are saying about getting him at that draft spot, but I'd rather not wait that long to get a 2nd RB.I could end up eating all these words. But I think you need a 2nd RB earlier as the other positions are easier to fill in later.Again though, I like the rest of the squad. Talented and balanced.And if Eli really is finally coming into his own, 30 TDs is not out of the question for him next year.Top TE in the league.One of the stronger teams at WR so far.

8.09 WR Reggie Williams, Jacksonville Jaguars

Really came on in the second half; seemed to have good rapport with Garrard, so hopefully a sign of things to come.

shouldn't all these "look at my team", moo moo quack quack posts be in a separate thread?

makes it really hard for some to just review the picks and make one

He averaged just under 15 carries/game this year. He didn't even average 1 reception a game.If he was all they had, I could see that being tremendous value b/c he'd have to see at least 15-18 carries a game next year. But with MJD there, I see Taylor's carries (at his age) going to about 12-14/game.Was there much better available at the 5/6 turn? Probably not. So in that sense, it could be good.But b/c not much else is available at RB at the 5/6 turn, that is why I personally don't believe in waiting til then to secure a RB2.If he were to see 12-14 carries a game, but at least made up for it in other regards (receptions or TDs), that would be one thing. But he isn't the RB they dump the short passes to (MJD is w/ 40 receptions compared to 9), nor is he the TD man (9 for MJD compared to 5).The upside is limited.I see what you are saying about getting him at that draft spot, but I'd rather not wait that long to get a 2nd RB.I could end up eating all these words. But I think you need a 2nd RB earlier as the other positions are easier to fill in later.Again though, I like the rest of the squad. Talented and balanced.And if Eli really is finally coming into his own, 30 TDs is not out of the question for him next year.Top TE in the league.One of the stronger teams at WR so far.
thanks for the input.I agree with what you say about taylor. Him n MJD seem to work really well. his 5.4 ypc was very nice.

shouldn't all these "look at my team", moo moo quack quack posts be in a separate thread?makes it really hard for some to just review the picks and make one
i like it better in one thread personallyi guess its harder to find the picks for the seniors among usbust out those ben franklins perry and youll be straight

shouldn't all these "look at my team", moo moo quack quack posts be in a separate thread?makes it really hard for some to just review the picks and make one
actually I think there has been less chatter than I expected in this draft.we can do a seperate thread if ya want, and we will post draft.But Im keeping the first post updated pretty well as far as draft tracking goes

Isn't that half the fun? Making fun of people's squads and such...watching people draft a backup TE before they draft all of their starting WRs...good times.

Isn't that half the fun? Making fun of people's squads and such...watching people draft a backup TE before they draft all of their starting WRs...good times.
heh your not so subtle hints are amusing (i dont have any tes yet maybe I can shame peeps into not drafting any more and drafting some more qbs instead)

heh your not so subtle hints are amusing
Why thank you, I get a kick out of writing them...I just hope Robert Royal slides to me in the 15th.

heh your not so subtle hints are amusing
Why thank you, I get a kick out of writing them...I just hope Robert Royal slides to me in the 15th.
good odds. ruds is in the other wsl

BassNBrew said:
Fiddles said:
BassNBrew said:

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL

#####es

tards!
This is exactly why I took Brees early.

i like it better in one thread personallyi guess its harder to find the picks for the seniors among usbust out those ben franklins perry and youll be straight
I'm old and I love the discussion. It easily trumps the difficulty to track picks. However if you bold your picks and nothing else that helps also.If the comments are moved to a spearate thread, they diminish and suffer from lack of participation.Just my opinion.

BassNBrew said:
Fiddles said:
BassNBrew said:

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL

#####es

tards!
Still lots (seven) rosters with only one QB. Either they disagree or they are silently scrambling.

Can we start another thread that lists each team, it's a lot easier than some of us tracking it individually...if somebody is tracking this on the dominator.

BassNBrew said:
Fiddles said:
BassNBrew said:

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL

#####es

tards!
Still lots (seven) rosters with only one QB. Either they disagree or they are silently scrambling.
My take is this....I got a QB where I think he's going to be in the top 3 in fantasy production and spent a relatively high draft choice to get him. If someone would have fallen to me, I would take a 2nd QB. But I'm not going to take a QB because everyone in front of me took a QB so I should even though he probably won't out produce Tony Romo in any games other than his bye, and if he does not by many points.And even if I did choose a 2nd QB, you do give up something for doing that. Whether it be your 3rd RB or 3rd WR or don't take a TE till late, you give up some depth to starting position for a backup.

I usually have two Qb's by now but I don't. In fact this is the first time I've never had 2 QB's in the first 8 rounds, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I actually took Joey Harrington either in round 19 or 20 in WSL last year, who would have thought he would have started the season as a starter.

Really came on in the second half; seemed to have good rapport with Garrard, so hopefully a sign of things to come.
I'll go ahead with :lmao: Debated between him and Rice last pick.And now I'll go with someone I debated between a couple of picks ago.

8.10 Greg Olsen

I'll go ahead with :thumbup: Debated between him and Rice last pick.And now I'll go with someone I debated between a couple of picks ago.

8.10 Greg Olsen
Well, guess I can ;) then, since that was my other choice here - was hoping he might slide one more go-round. Nice pickup for you. Back to the drawing board.

BassNBrew said:
Fiddles said:
BassNBrew said:

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL

#####es

tards!
My take is this....I got a QB where I think he's going to be in the top 3 in fantasy production and spent a relatively high draft choice to get him. If someone would have fallen to me, I would take a 2nd QB. But I'm not going to take a QB because everyone in front of me took a QB so I should even though he probably won't out produce Tony Romo in any games other than his bye, and if he does not by many points.And even if I did choose a 2nd QB, you do give up something for doing that. Whether it be your 3rd RB or 3rd WR or don't take a TE till late, you give up some depth to starting position for a backup.

I usually have two Qb's by now but I don't. In fact this is the first time I've never had 2 QB's in the first 8 rounds, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I actually took Joey Harrington either in round 19 or 20 in WSL last year, who would have thought he would have started the season as a starter.
Obvious problem with this in INJURIES HAPPEN. Only 12 QBs played all 16 games. Only 26 played 11 or more games and three of those were not considered starters in the off-season.

Users who are viewing this thread