What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL3 Rds 3 & 4 (1 Viewer)

abrecher said:
3.16 RB Darren McFadden4.01 WR Santonio Holmes
I probably shouldn't really question your drafting seeing as the success that you have had in these. But 3 RBs in the first 4 rds? It will solidify the position for you, but doesn't that leave you behind the eight ball at other positions? Especially in a PPR.
Drafting from the 16 slot means I can't afford to reach -- there's just no margin for error. And I just didn't see any value picks at any other position.
Funny, that's how I feel about the middle spots. An advantage to being in the middle is he lower chance of missing a run. The end spot sometimes needs small reaches at the right time just before the run IMHO.On the Lendale conversation, alot of these RBs left are in potential RBBC. Who will produce depends anyone's guess. Some will bet on Lendale vs Henry. Same will differ. Still a lot of time between now and next year...

Last edited by a moderator:
4.12 Jonathan Stewart, RB, ????Calling Natives for his pick
Thats a gamble, could pay off or be a wasted pick.
I bet if we had to pay for this he would not of made that pick. LOL
stewart is projected to be a first round pick by most experts. Hardly a wasted pick.
Yes he is projected, but teams that dont necessarily need a RB right now have been known to draft guys for depth and maybe a year or two away. Tough pill to swallow for a 4th round pick. Hopefully for you Seattle or Atlanta draft him. Any other team and it will be interesting. Personally, I like the gamble. Its free, what the heck right. :thumbup:

4.12 Jonathan Stewart, RB, ????Calling Natives for his pick
Thats a gamble, could pay off or be a wasted pick.
I bet if we had to pay for this he would not of made that pick. LOL
stewart is projected to be a first round pick by most experts. Hardly a wasted pick.
I can say that Stewart would not have made it back. As Pictus can attest, he was on my list to take. I love Stewart's chances at being a big time RB.

McFadden = Are you kidding me with that pick that early

Lendale = won't even start next year....CHRIS HENRY.......CALLIN IT!!!
I dont have a problem with the McFadden pick, no way he would've ever made it back to him. Lendale? not sure he performed bad enough to lose his job.
But has he performed well enough to keep the #1 spot, he's not better then the guy they drafted to be the starter in Henry, remember Henry was suspended and came back with some nice td runs.......Lendale is #1 goin into TC, after, he's is lucky to be the 2nd........remember this thread!!!! Lenwhale still was not worthy of a pick that early......Jacobs, Jones, Taylor all better then Mcfadden and Lenwhale!!!
Obviously I disagree with your assessment here - Of the three alternatives you mentioned, the only one I considered was Jacobs. I like his upside when he plays more than LenDale, but I see injury as an ongoing and substantial risk with Jacobs. That will kill you in these leagues. If LenDale shows up for camp in shape (perhaps a longshot, perhaps not), I think he's likely to keep the #1 spot. FWIW, Henry went 24 and 9 picks earlier than Jacobs in WSL1 & WSL2, respectively. And he went earlier than where I picked him in both as well.

As for Henry's "nice TD runs," I usually look for guys who score TDs and/or have more than 23 total yards in a contest past week 8 (at least with my early picks).

:shrug:

Natives select...

4.13 Hines Ward, WR, Pitt

He sends his appologies for the delay.

PMing next

I have his next pick, so Jeff please PM me when he is up.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.15 Donald Driver, WR, Green Bay

His receptions and yardage was pretty good, if he can get a few more TD's he will be solid again next year.

Users who are viewing this thread