What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 rosters (1 Viewer)

You'll be lucky to get any production out of your TE.
What do you think the difference in production was in '07 between Antonio Gates and my Two TEs??
well Pope got a grand total of 96 points in this format including scoring 6 zeros during the year.Ejohnson who is a UFA got 138, from week 11 on he got 10 points or more a total of once, lots of 5 point weeks from EjohnsonGates scored 295.
Look at Pope's second half vs. first half(remember he was only a Sophomore last year acclimating to a new offense)Next look at Johnsons PPG.Now, take into account Gates only scored 61 more points than the two combined...(3.5 points per week roughly)People draft TE too early in this format.

LHUCKS said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
LHUCKS said:
What do you think the difference in production was in '07 between Antonio Gates and my Two TEs??
well Pope got a grand total of 96 points in this format including scoring 6 zeros during the year.Ejohnson who is a UFA got 138, from week 11 on he got 10 points or more a total of once, lots of 5 point weeks from EjohnsonGates scored 295.
Look at Pope's second half vs. first half(remember he was only a Sophomore last year acclimating to a new offense)Next look at Johnsons PPG.Now, take into account Gates only scored 61 more points than the two combined...(3.5 points per week roughly)People draft TE too early in this format.
thats funny, if you got, every point they scored for everyweek, but it dont work that way. forgive the formatting but here is there weekly scores:TE Leonard Pope 8 11 0 0 2 2 15 0b 0 27 4 7 11 9 0 0 0 96TE Eric Johnson 21 7 12 0b 13 11 15 6 10 15 5 3 5 5 0 0 10 138and in best ball format like this here is what you get:21,11,0,12,13,11,15,6,10,27,5,7,11,9,0,0,10, = 168 points, including three weeks of 0'sso by my count Gates got 130 more points than these two clowns combinedpope's second half sucked, BTW, almost as badly as Johnsons

Last edited by a moderator:
21,11,0,12,13,11,15,6,10,27,5,7,11,9,0,0,10, = 168 points, including three weeks of 0'sso by my count Gates got 130 more points than these two clowns combined
Right, be honest, that's a lot more closer than you realized. I took my TEs significantly later than everybody and Gates went in round 3BTW, I'm projecting a career year for Pope and expect a similar year from Johnson.

21,11,0,12,13,11,15,6,10,27,5,7,11,9,0,0,10, = 168 points, including three weeks of 0'sso by my count Gates got 130 more points than these two clowns combined
Right, be honest, that's a lot more closer than you realized. I took my TEs significantly later than everybody and Gates went in round 3BTW, I'm projecting a career year for Pope and expect a similar year from Johnson.
Is this career year for EJ going to be at New Orleans? Are you sure that he'll be there?

Is this career year for EJ going to be at New Orleans? Are you sure that he'll be there?
I didn't say career year for EJ, just a similar year which is being conservative IMHO. I believe NO will resign him, but I don't have a crystal ball.

LHUCKS said:
LHUCKS said:
thats funny, if you got, every point they scored for everyweek, but it dont work that way. forgive the formatting but here is there weekly scores:TE Leonard Pope 8 11 0 0 2 2 15 0b 0 27 4 7 11 9 0 0 0 96TE Eric Johnson 21 7 12 0b 13 11 15 6 10 15 5 3 5 5 0 0 10 138and in best ball format like this here is what you get:21,11,0,12,13,11,15,6,10,27,5,7,11,9,0,0,10, = 168 points, including three weeks of 0'sso by my count Gates got 130 more points than these two clowns combinedpope's second half sucked, BTW, almost as badly as Johnsons
:thumbup:

LHUCKS said:
LHUCKS said:
I was going to rebut this by mentioning the better second half was with Warner. Of course the better second half wasn't really accurate anyway.

To Lhucks other point

I really dont think that People draft TE too early.

I think people draft the top end TE's early and it gives them an advantage over at least 8 teams at that spot.

The elite 4:

Gates

Witten

Winslow

Gonzo

then you only have a handful of servicable other ones.

I know I wouldnt be happy with Ejohnson as my #1 TE and Pope as my #2.

I think you can make up the WR & RB spots later if you take a TE early

IwannabeaCOWBOY 1.-15

QB Romo. Grossman. Orton

RB M. Lynch, Graham, T. Jones, J. Jones

WR T. Owens, Berrian, S. McDonald, Randle-El, Manningham®

TE Watson, C. Baker

K Dawson, Hanson

DS San Diego, St. Louis

Strength - Romo,TO, RB

Weakness - TE, WR after TO

Will Win If - McDonald continues his pace, & Berrian lands in a good spot. Watson produces

Overall - I like the Graham pick as noted during the draft, I expect him to be week1 starter, and quite frankly he earned that job. Berrian is a UFA if he stays in Chi, not the worst thing that can happen but he might move on. Watson looks a little weak at TE1 to me, he needs to be more consistent
As an outsider this appears to be the best team.

RAVNZFAN 1.-13

QB D. Anderson, Leinart

RB M. Jones-Drew, Bradshaw, L. Washington, Dayne, Duckett

WR Wayne, K. Curtis, D. Mason. Hilliard, N. Washington, BJones, RFergeson

TE Cooley, J. King

K Bironas, Janikowski

DS Minnesota, Seattle

Strength -TE,MJD.Wyane

Weakness - messy RB2, not liking WR after Wayne

WIll Win If - MJD takes over most ofthe carries from fred, Mason has a re-peat performance and Anderson maintains

Overall - Not the best looking squad IMO, Everyone of your backs shares touches. Mason overachieved last year, the great unkown is the Balt QB situation. Anderson should be fine.
QB pair as good as any? check3WR in top 20 last season, and still WR1 on their teams? check

TE pair solid? check

K/D solid? double check

now...the "messy" RB1/2 situation....

drafting @13, we don't expect a top 10 RB--not drafting w/you guys!

MJD was as solid a pick as I could take there, and I'll be shocked if he doesn't grab 45 recpts this season (was down to 36 last yr)

True--the rest of my RB's 'share' carries...

Bradshaw came on the end of the season once he learned the blitz assignments, and by all accounts held his own in the playoffs

Washington, Dayne and Duckett all saw starts, and totaled 13 double digit games between them

so, on any given week I'll have maybe 1 RB starting---or all 5, as each one is behind either an injury risk or older player....when you only start 2 from the position, I felt locking down solid pairs at other spots and securing 3 top-20@WR from last year would allow me to gamble that I can get at least a few grabs from 1 of these guys and at most see a couple of them start...we'll see!

RAVNZFAN 1.-13

QB D. Anderson, Leinart

RB M. Jones-Drew, Bradshaw, L. Washington, Dayne, Duckett

WR Wayne, K. Curtis, D. Mason. Hilliard, N. Washington, BJones, RFergeson

TE Cooley, J. King

K Bironas, Janikowski

DS Minnesota, Seattle

Strength -TE,MJD.Wyane

Weakness - messy RB2, not liking WR after Wayne

WIll Win If - MJD takes over most ofthe carries from fred, Mason has a re-peat performance and Anderson maintains

Overall - Not the best looking squad IMO, Everyone of your backs shares touches. Mason overachieved last year, the great unkown is the Balt QB situation. Anderson should be fine.
QB pair as good as any? check3WR in top 20 last season, and still WR1 on their teams? check

TE pair solid? check

K/D solid? double check

now...the "messy" RB1/2 situation....

drafting @13, we don't expect a top 10 RB--not drafting w/you guys!

MJD was as solid a pick as I could take there, and I'll be shocked if he doesn't grab 45 recpts this season (was down to 36 last yr)

True--the rest of my RB's 'share' carries...

Bradshaw came on the end of the season once he learned the blitz assignments, and by all accounts held his own in the playoffs

Washington, Dayne and Duckett all saw starts, and totaled 13 double digit games between them

so, on any given week I'll have maybe 1 RB starting---or all 5, as each one is behind either an injury risk or older player....when you only start 2 from the position, I felt locking down solid pairs at other spots and securing 3 top-20@WR from last year would allow me to gamble that I can get at least a few grabs from 1 of these guys and at most see a couple of them start...we'll see!
:headbang: I was hoping more people would respond

One thing that I found very interesting was the very high quality running back talent either not drafted or taken in the last round. Those who "saved" a spot (or hadn't decided what to do with it) should have had a bonus there.

Personally I saved my last spot in case I had to draft Aaron Rodgers to back up Favre. With the word in Green Bay that he is most likely coming back I decided to bet on that.

Here is a partial list of players I think were all available in the last round - and only a few were drafted!

Brian Leonard

Chris Brown

Jesse Chatman

Antonio Pittman

Correll Buckhalter

Brandon Jackson

Lorenzo Booker

Derrick Ward

Aaron Stecker

Sure you can make negative comments on both, but IMO some of them would be very valuable in this format (and yes, some won't and we don't necessarily know which are which)

First thanks to BSS for his independent review of all the rosters. I am currently swamped and hope to have some time in the near future to review all the teams and will add comments at that time.

My first assessment is that none of the teams separate with their QBs. The guys with the potential top dawgs (Manning, Brady, etc) chose to wait a long while to add another. Similarly there are only a couple with very weak QB rosters. Unlike the RBs, WRs, and TEs, the pack is very close at QB.

One thing that I found very interesting was the very high quality running back talent either not drafted or taken in the last round. Those who "saved" a spot (or hadn't decided what to do with it) should have had a bonus there.Personally I saved my last spot in case I had to draft Aaron Rodgers to back up Favre. With the word in Green Bay that he is most likely coming back I decided to bet on that.Here is a partial list of players I think were all available in the last round - and only a few were drafted!Brian LeonardChris BrownJesse ChatmanAntonio PittmanCorrell BuckhalterBrandon JacksonLorenzo BookerDerrick WardAaron SteckerSure you can make negative comments on both, but IMO some of them would be very valuable in this format (and yes, some won't and we don't necessarily know which are which)
surprised you didnt take Rodgers there Perry. Might be a little more valuable to your squad.No one took Brandon Jackson or DeShawn Wynn or Vernand Morency from GB, which is a little surprising.

One thing that I found very interesting was the very high quality running back talent either not drafted or taken in the last round. Those who "saved" a spot (or hadn't decided what to do with it) should have had a bonus there.Personally I saved my last spot in case I had to draft Aaron Rodgers to back up Favre. With the word in Green Bay that he is most likely coming back I decided to bet on that.Here is a partial list of players I think were all available in the last round - and only a few were drafted!Brian LeonardChris BrownJesse ChatmanAntonio PittmanCorrell BuckhalterBrandon JacksonLorenzo BookerDerrick WardAaron SteckerSure you can make negative comments on both, but IMO some of them would be very valuable in this format (and yes, some won't and we don't necessarily know which are which)
surprised you didnt take Rodgers there Perry. Might be a little more valuable to your squad.No one took Brandon Jackson or DeShawn Wynn or Vernand Morency from GB, which is a little surprising.
1) As I said BSS - I had looked at the possibility. GB sources say over 90% for Favre to come back so injury would be the only way to get Rodgers in my lineup - for a last round pick if he had any more value one of you vultures would have taken him 2) I think Ryan Grant made everyone forget about all those guys - look for two of them to be gone and replaced by a better RB they get in the draft this year

Captain Hook said:
Captain Hook said:
1) As I said BSS - I had looked at the possibility. GB sources say over 90% for Favre to come back so injury would be the only way to get Rodgers in my lineup - for a last round pick if he had any more value one of you vultures would have taken him 2) I think Ryan Grant made everyone forget about all those guys - look for two of them to be gone and replaced by a better RB they get in the draft this year
I came close to drafting Jackson but opted for Wright instead. I thought someone drafted Leonard. The guys on yuor list are in danger of being #3 on the depth chart and I imagine most teams had other needs. Still, a couple of these guys may make a splash next year.

Im going to give my hubmle opinion on all teams, a little different way this year:

FULLBACK FRO 1.-1

QB Brees, Delhomme

RB Tomlinson, J. Stewart, Fargas

WR B. Edwards, Roydell Williams, Patten, Stokely, D. Williams, D. Carter, Lelie

TE Dallas Clark, Scheffler

K Nugent, Tynes

DS Washington, San Francisco

Strength - LT,Brees,Braylon, solid TE platoon duo

Weakness- not much after LT at RB, alot of upside guys at WR after Braylon but looks a little weak to me

Will Win it all if - LT is LT, Stewart lands in a non RBBC job and a few upside WR come up big - Roydell and Dem WIlliams best bet here

Overall - A solid enough looking sqaud but to me looks a little weak at WR.
Nice for Fro that Fargas re-signed in Oakland for starters money.

Im going to give my hubmle opinion on all teams, a little different way this year:

FULLBACK FRO 1.-1

QB Brees, Delhomme

RB Tomlinson, J. Stewart, Fargas

WR B. Edwards, Roydell Williams, Patten, Stokely, D. Williams, D. Carter, Lelie

TE Dallas Clark, Scheffler

K Nugent, Tynes

DS Washington, San Francisco

Strength - LT,Brees,Braylon, solid TE platoon duo

Weakness- not much after LT at RB, alot of upside guys at WR after Braylon but looks a little weak to me

Will Win it all if - LT is LT, Stewart lands in a non RBBC job and a few upside WR come up big - Roydell and Dem WIlliams best bet here

Overall - A solid enough looking sqaud but to me looks a little weak at WR.
Nice for Fro that Fargas re-signed in Oakland for starters money.
it's oakland....he'll probably be a June 1 cap casuality.

I am planning to review the overall teams in a ranking format similar to last year. The 16 teams will be ranked by position from 1st to 16th for the QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs. Points will be scored according to 16 for 1st, 15 for 2nd, all the way to one point for 16th. Importance factors will be applied as follows:

QB - 1.2

TE - 1.3

RB - 2.3

WR - 3.2

These factors will be multiplied to the ranking scores for a cumulative score and then some positioning will be applied due to strength of kicking and defense for the overall ranking. Please chime in and discuss the rankings to follow by position.

QBs were very difficult to rank. I believe that most drafters have determined out that excessive strength at this position is costly to all other positions and it is avoided. This results in teams which draft the studly QBs avoiding a companion QB till very late, making the rosters appear near eqaul in strength. I am expecting much discussion as to these rankings and will not be surprised if others vary in their evaluations by five spots or more.

1) Fro - Brees & Delhomme 19.2 pts

2) Twilight - P Manning & Clemens 18.0

3) Rudy - Brady & Croyle 16.8

4) LHucks - Rothleisburger & Garcia 15.6

5) Cowboy - Romo & Grossman/Orton 14.4

6) Sniffer - E Manning & Smith/Hill 13.2

7) rzrback - McNabb & Russell 12.0

8) Frank Black - Hasselbeck & Edwards/Losman 10.8

9) BnB - Palmer & Redman 9.6

10) HTF - Cutler & Campbell/Collins 8.4

11) Ravnzfan - Anderson & Lienaart 7.2

12) Cpt Hook - Favre & Schaub/Rosenfels 6.0

13) PAE - Young & Kitna 4.8

14) Duckboy - Bulger/Frerotte & Ryan 3.6

15) Fiddles - Rivers & Warner 2.4

16) Ahrn City - Garrard & T Jackson 1.2

Now a look at the RBs roster by roster.....

1) Fiddles - Westbrook, J Lewis, K Smith, F Jackson & Weaver 36.8 pts

2) BnB - Grant, W Parker, T Henry & Norwood 34.5

3) rzrback - Portis, Maroney, Morris, Davenport & P Thomas 32.2

4) Ahrn City - S Jackson, L White, Watson, Mo Morris & B Leonard 29.9

5) PAE - AD Peterson, C Taylor, De Williams, F Jones ® & L Jordan 27.6

6) Fro - Tomlinson, Fargas, Stewart ® & M Pittman 25.3

7) Cowboy - Lynch, E Graham, T Jones, J Jones & Hart ® 23.0

8) Frank Black - Addai, Keith, Edge, M Bush & J Wright 20.7

9) Twilight - Gore, Deuce, Rice ®, K Smith ® & Forsett ® 18.4

10) Cpt Hook - Barber, S Young, Dunn, D Ward & Sproles 16.1

11) HTF - L Johnson, Turner, K Jones & A Peterson (Chi) 13.8

12) LHucks - R Brown, Alexander, Caddy, Mendenhall ® & Irons 11.5

13) Rudy - Jacobs, McFadden ®, Betts & C Johnson ® 9.2

14) Duckboy - R Bush, Rudi J, Benson, K Faulk & A Green 6.9

15) Sniffer - McGahee, F Taylor, Foster, C Henry & Charles ® 4.6

16) Ravnzfan - MJ Drew, Bradshaw, Dayne, L Washington & Duckett 2.3

As always, please bring comments and let me know where you disagree or agree

cool Rzr I remember this from last year

Any chance you can give indivial #'s too? or is that too much work?

funny cuz Im ranked higher in QB than I thought I would be. And lower in RB than I thought I would. I knew Id be bottom 1/4 in RB.

cool Rzr I remember this from last yearAny chance you can give indivial #'s too? or is that too much work?funny cuz Im ranked higher in QB than I thought I would be. And lower in RB than I thought I would. I knew Id be bottom 1/4 in RB.
total team numbers will be available when this is completed. Not sure what the individual numbers are that you ask about.

cool Rzr I remember this from last yearAny chance you can give indivial #'s too? or is that too much work?funny cuz Im ranked higher in QB than I thought I would be. And lower in RB than I thought I would. I knew Id be bottom 1/4 in RB.
total team numbers will be available when this is completed. Not sure what the individual numbers are that you ask about.
I thought maybe you rated everyones RB1, assigned it a Number, then everyones RB2 a number. etc. maybe just link us to last years post that explains the numbers a little better.

I thought maybe you rated everyones RB1, assigned it a Number, then everyones RB2 a number. etc. maybe just link us to last years post that explains the numbers a little better.
I think he's just judging each of your sets of QBs, RBs, etc. and multiplying by his factor.

I think he's just judging each of your sets of QBs, RBs, etc. and multiplying by his factor.
That is correct, it is my perspective of the potential effectiveness of each individual team considering only one position at a time. I did not break it down any further last year. I uess who were just having an "Andy Pettite mis-remembrance". :boxing:

And now a look at the WRs roster by roster. BassNBrew and I carried eight. Ten rosters carried seven and three (Duckboy, Frank Black & Cowboy) carried only six. With three scorers AND the greatest variance in week to week scores, I am surprised by those with only six. Duckboy got high marks in spite of limited depth, but it hurt the others.

1) PAE - Fitz, Chad Johnson, Evans, Bry Johnson, Furrey, Henderson & K Robinson 51.2

2) Ahrn City - TJ Housh, Ward, Driver, Toomer, B Wade, Matt Jones & C Wilson 48.0

3) Cp Hook - Marshall, Welker, Galloway, Branch, Gaffney, A Davis & Hurd 44.8

4) Fiddles - A Johnson, R White, Harrison, Ginn, Hester, Darling & Brad Smith 41.6

5) LHucks - R Moss, Holmes, Bowe, Walter, M Kelley ®, Sweed ® & C Davis 38.4

6) Duckboy - S Smith, Boldin, Engram, Reg Williams, Porter & T Williamson 35.2

7) rzrback - Cotchery, Coles, A Gonzalez, Stallworth, Burleson, S Smith (NYG), Booker & Hagan 32.0

8) BnB - J Walker, Mrk Clayton, C Henry, Bennett, Mik Clayton, Jarrett, Meacham & Chad Jackson 28.8

9) Sniffer - Jennings, Roy Williams, D Jackson, Bruce, Jurevicius, Parrish & Kennison 25.6

10) Twilight - Colston, S Moss, S Rice, L Robinson, D Jackson ®, Jac Jones & Hill 22.4

11) Ravnz - R Wayne, Curtis, Mason, Hilliard, N Washington, Br Jones & Ferguson 19.2

12) HTF - Burress, Cal Johnson, Curry, Gage, Northcutt, Muhsin & Reed 16.0

13) Cowboy - T Owens, Berrian, McDonald, Randle El, Manningham ® & Hawkins ® 12.8

14) Fro - Edwards, Royd Williams, Patten, Stokely, Dem Williams, Carter & Lelie 9.6

15) F Black - Holt, Chambers, Reg Brown, Jms Jones, Jenkins & Moore 6.4

16) Rudy - V Jackson, Hackett, Battle, Crayton, Wilford, Dorcet ® & Hardy ® 3.2

And now a look at the TEs. Our increased scoring of two points per reception makes this an important position, but with only one starter, some have skipped on any back-ups to add depth at RB and WR. Sniffer and I went solo, he with Gates and me with Tony Gonzalez. Each of us are hoping for no injuries, although with only one team (PAE) taking three, an injury will seriously affect everybody here.

1) Rudy - Witten & M Lewis 20.8

2) Cp Hook - Winslow & Desmond Clark 19.5

3) Sniffer - Gates (lack of depth no problem) 18.2

4) Fro - Dallas Clark & Scheffler 16.9

5) BnB - Daniels & Crumpler 15.6

6) Ravnz - Cooley & Jeff King 14.3

7) rzrback - Gonzalez 13.0

8) Duckboy - Heap & Scaife 11.7

9) Twilight - V Davis & Olsen 10.4

10) F Black - Shockey & Alex Smith 9.1

11) Fiddles H Miller & Davis ® 7.8

12) Cowboy - Watson & C Baker 6.5

13) HTF - Lee & Martin 5.2

14) PAE - McMichael, LJ Smith & Utecht 3.9

15) Ahrn City - Z MIller & Boss 2.6

16) LHucks - Pope & E Johnson 1.3

Final Rankings and Tiers

The points listed are the sum of points awarded above in a position bt position analysis of each team's QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs. The fact that the scores below are not listed in numerical order is due to the kickers and/or defenses moving a team up or down. There are four tiers.

Tier 1

1) BassNBrew 85.5

2) Fiddles 88.6

3) rzrback77 89.2

4) Capt. Hook 86.4

5) Pimpin Aint Easy 87.5

Tier 2

6) Ahrn City 81.7

7) Fro 71.0

8) Twilight 69.2

9) LHucks 66.8

Tier 3

10) Sniffer 57.6

11) Cowboy 56.7

12) Duckboy 57.4

Tier 4

13) Rudy 50.0

14) Ravnzfan 43.0

15) Frank Black 47.0

16) Hear the Steps 43.4

Everybody needs to chime in with discussion.

rzrback77 said:
Final Rankings and Tiers

Tier 2

6) Ahrn City 81.7

7) Fro 71.0

8) Twilight 69.2

9) LHucks 66.8
Thanks for taking the time Razr.I think I most disagree with your ranking of my RBs and WRs.

I also disagree with the huge variance at TE.(I lose 19 points at TE alone). From a risk perspective, when there's only one slot for a position the position isn't that important IMHO.

After the draft I think most will like my team more as I have three high profile rookies. I need Mendenhall to land in a place where he will start and I obviously would bet that he will.

rzrback77 said:
Final Rankings and Tiers

Tier 2

6) Ahrn City 81.7

7) Fro 71.0

8) Twilight 69.2

9) LHucks 66.8
Thanks for taking the time Razr.I think I most disagree with your ranking of my RBs and WRs.

I also disagree with the huge variance at TE.(I lose 19 points at TE alone). From a risk perspective, when there's only one slot for a position the position isn't that important IMHO.

After the draft I think most will like my team more as I have three high profile rookies. I need Mendenhall to land in a place where he will start and I obviously would bet that he will.
You still think Caddy was a good pick?

rzrback77 said:
Final Rankings and Tiers

The points listed are the sum of points awarded above in a position bt position analysis of each team's QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs. The fact that the scores below are not listed in numerical order is due to the kickers and/or defenses moving a team up or down. There are four tiers.

Tier 1

1) BassNBrew 85.5

2) Fiddles 88.6

3) rzrback77 89.2

4) Capt. Hook 86.4

5) Pimpin Aint Easy 87.5

Tier 2

6) Ahrn City 81.7

7) Fro 71.0

8) Twilight 69.2

9) LHucks 66.8

Tier 3

10) Sniffer 57.6

11) Cowboy 56.7

12) Duckboy 57.4

Tier 4

13) Rudy 50.0

14) Ravnzfan 43.0

15) Frank Black 47.0

16) Hear the Steps 43.4

@43.0 I'm 16th... :goodposting: I like my chances at finishing better than that, but most everyone thinks that and somebody has to be the worst!

:whistle: to rzr for all the work

rzrback77 said:
Final Rankings and Tiers

Tier 2

6) Ahrn City 81.7

7) Fro 71.0

8) Twilight 69.2

9) LHucks 66.8

I would be surprised if others ranked your RBs any higher than 12th and I have your WRs 5th. Do you think that fifth is too low?

rzrback77 said:
Final Rankings and Tiers

Tier 1

1) BassNBrew 85.5

2) Fiddles 88.6

3) rzrback77 89.2

4) Capt. Hook 86.4

5) Pimpin Aint Easy 87.5

Tier 2

6) Ahrn City 81.7

7) Fro 71.0

8) Twilight 69.2

9) LHucks 66.8

Tier 3

10) Sniffer 57.6

11) Cowboy 56.7

12) Duckboy 57.4

Tier 4

13) Rudy 50.0

14) Ravnzfan 43.0

15) Frank Black 47.0

16) Hear the Steps 43.4

@43.0 I'm 16th... :unsure: I like my chances at finishing better than that, but most everyone thinks that and somebody has to be the worst!

:thumbup: to rzr for all the work
The total numerical ranking does not take into account K or Defense. Your solid K and Defense moved you up to #14.

rzrback77 said:
QBs were very difficult to rank. I believe that most drafters have determined out that excessive strength at this position is costly to all other positions and it is avoided. This results in teams which draft the studly QBs avoiding a companion QB till very late, making the rosters appear near eqaul in strength. I am expecting much discussion as to these rankings and will not be surprised if others vary in their evaluations by five spots or more.1) Fro - Brees & Delhomme 19.2 pts2) Twilight - P Manning & Clemens 18.0 3) Rudy - Brady & Croyle 16.8 4) LHucks - Rothleisburger & Garcia 15.65) Cowboy - Romo & Grossman/Orton 14.46) Sniffer - E Manning & Smith/Hill 13.27) rzrback - McNabb & Russell 12.08) Frank Black - Hasselbeck & Edwards/Losman 10.89) BnB - Palmer & Redman 9.610) HTF - Cutler & Campbell/Collins 8.411) Ravnzfan - Anderson & Lienaart 7.212) Cpt Hook - Favre & Schaub/Rosenfels 6.013) PAE - Young & Kitna 4.814) Duckboy - Bulger/Frerotte & Ryan 3.615) Fiddles - Rivers & Warner 2.416) Ahrn City - Garrard & T Jackson 1.2
I presume the lack of comments so far are because your rankings were posted over the weekend & because many in this draft have nothing else going on here so aren't checking back as frequently.That said, I disagree with the concept you espouse in your opening statement AND the rankings where you give a Stud QB and a weak backup significantly more points than two Top 10 QBs (at least in 2007). For instance Palmer and Redman get a significantly higher score than my Favre and Houston. Palmer (and those of you who owned him in 2007 don't need to read this again..) was a major disappointment last year. Palmer in fact was QB9 in 2007, one spot behind Favre AND he also had fewer points than Schaub/Rosenfels combined. So pair him with a guy who might not even be a starter next year and in a best ball format he gets more points? Sorry, can't buy that :thumbup:

rzrback77 said:
QBs were very difficult to rank. I believe that most drafters have determined out that excessive strength at this position is costly to all other positions and it is avoided. This results in teams which draft the studly QBs avoiding a companion QB till very late, making the rosters appear near eqaul in strength. I am expecting much discussion as to these rankings and will not be surprised if others vary in their evaluations by five spots or more.1) Fro - Brees & Delhomme 19.2 pts2) Twilight - P Manning & Clemens 18.0 3) Rudy - Brady & Croyle 16.8 4) LHucks - Rothleisburger & Garcia 15.65) Cowboy - Romo & Grossman/Orton 14.46) Sniffer - E Manning & Smith/Hill 13.27) rzrback - McNabb & Russell 12.08) Frank Black - Hasselbeck & Edwards/Losman 10.89) BnB - Palmer & Redman 9.610) HTF - Cutler & Campbell/Collins 8.411) Ravnzfan - Anderson & Lienaart 7.212) Cpt Hook - Favre & Schaub/Rosenfels 6.013) PAE - Young & Kitna 4.814) Duckboy - Bulger/Frerotte & Ryan 3.615) Fiddles - Rivers & Warner 2.416) Ahrn City - Garrard & T Jackson 1.2
I presume the lack of comments so far are because your rankings were posted over the weekend & because many in this draft have nothing else going on here so aren't checking back as frequently.That said, I disagree with the concept you espouse in your opening statement AND the rankings where you give a Stud QB and a weak backup significantly more points than two Top 10 QBs (at least in 2007). For instance Palmer and Redman get a significantly higher score than my Favre and Houston. Palmer (and those of you who owned him in 2007 don't need to read this again..) was a major disappointment last year. Palmer in fact was QB9 in 2007, one spot behind Favre AND he also had fewer points than Schaub/Rosenfels combined. So pair him with a guy who might not even be a starter next year and in a best ball format he gets more points? Sorry, can't buy that :rolleyes:
I did say that QBs were all very close. Do you disgree with this?Last year Favre went much later in WSL as speculation abounded as to whether he would return. This year there is more confidence that he will play again, but how sure are we? And if he plays, will he match his effectiveness again? He will be 39 in October and only 4 QBs have passed for over 3,000 yards at that age (Testaverde, Flutie, Moon (twice) and Simms). I know its Favre, but those are long odds. Thanks for the comments.

For laughs, my 2007 WSL 1 Team rankings:

1) LHucks 113.4 finished 1st in points and 3rd survivor

2) Twilight 112.4 finished 15th in points and 16th

3) BassNBrew 99 finished 4th in points and 13th

4) Sniffa 98.2 finished 13th in points and 10th

5) Legacy 89 finished 6th in points and 12th

6) rzrback77 85.4 finished 9th in points and 9th

7) Duckboy 81.4 finished 5th in points and 7th

8) F Black 80.7 finished 3rd in points and 2nd

9) Ravnzfan 77.5 finished 16th in points and 14th

10) Fiddles 73.1 finished 8th in points and 15th

11) PAE 71.7 finished 2nd in points and 11th

12) Fro 68.1 finished 14th in points and 4th

13) Rudy 62.8 finished 10th in points and 6th

14) Footsteps 59.9 finished 7th in points and 1st

15) Ahrn City 54.2 finished 11th in points and 8th

16) Cowboy 37 finished 12th in points and 5th

Not that good of a prediction, but even so did better with the total points than the survivor finish which is nearly impossible to predict.

For laughs, my 2007 WSL 1 Team rankings:1) LHucks 113.4 finished 1st in points and 3rd survivor2) Twilight 112.4 finished 15th in points and 16th3) BassNBrew 99 finished 4th in points and 13th4) Sniffa 98.2 finished 13th in points and 10th5) Legacy 89 finished 6th in points and 12th6) rzrback77 85.4 finished 9th in points and 9th7) Duckboy 81.4 finished 5th in points and 7th8) F Black 80.7 finished 3rd in points and 2nd9) Ravnzfan 77.5 finished 16th in points and 14th10) Fiddles 73.1 finished 8th in points and 15th11) PAE 71.7 finished 2nd in points and 11th12) Fro 68.1 finished 14th in points and 4th13) Rudy 62.8 finished 10th in points and 6th14) Footsteps 59.9 finished 7th in points and 1st15) Ahrn City 54.2 finished 11th in points and 8th16) Cowboy 37 finished 12th in points and 5thNot that good of a prediction, but even so did better with the total points than the survivor finish which is nearly impossible to predict.
This is really why evaluating the teams is very hard.I'd rather question / deliberate certain picks and/or overall strategies vs. particular teams, as anything can (and does) happen.Look at Earnest Graham and Derek Anderson - neither were on a roster last year (in WSL) yet both were Top 10 in their positions. :shrug:

For laughs, my 2007 WSL 1 Team rankings:1) LHucks 113.4 finished 1st in points and 3rd survivor2) Twilight 112.4 finished 15th in points and 16th3) BassNBrew 99 finished 4th in points and 13th4) Sniffa 98.2 finished 13th in points and 10th5) Legacy 89 finished 6th in points and 12th6) rzrback77 85.4 finished 9th in points and 9th7) Duckboy 81.4 finished 5th in points and 7th8) F Black 80.7 finished 3rd in points and 2nd9) Ravnzfan 77.5 finished 16th in points and 14th10) Fiddles 73.1 finished 8th in points and 15th11) PAE 71.7 finished 2nd in points and 11th12) Fro 68.1 finished 14th in points and 4th13) Rudy 62.8 finished 10th in points and 6th14) Footsteps 59.9 finished 7th in points and 1st15) Ahrn City 54.2 finished 11th in points and 8th16) Cowboy 37 finished 12th in points and 5thNot that good of a prediction, but even so did better with the total points than the survivor finish which is nearly impossible to predict.
This is really why evaluating the teams is very hard.I'd rather question / deliberate certain picks and/or overall strategies vs. particular teams, as anything can (and does) happen.Look at Earnest Graham and Derek Anderson - neither were on a roster last year (in WSL) yet both were Top 10 in their positions. :lmao:
Without a doubt a difficult thing to prognosticate anytime, but especially six months prior to the season, but my wife was out of town visiting her Mom and I had some free time on my hands. I thought it would generate some discussion. :confused:

First thing Rzr, great job I love the effort.

I will tell you who I think you have too high and too low and maybe you could expound on why you feel this way

Green = Too High

Red = Too low

A couple things with the QB, I expect ELI to have a career year next year stats wise. He seemed to overcome his turnover issues. How do you see my SF QB's? personally even with Martz in town I dont think they are going to be great or anything. If we could trade, I'd trade my QB's for Hooks.

If Favre doesnt retire, I dont think he is. He'll have better numbers than Eli (should be closer) but I'll take the Texans vs SF right now.

Does Duckboys relative lack of any backup to Bulger make you rank him this low? Personally I'm really liking Bulgers value this year.

First - my squad. McGahee has a new OC in town Cam. Have you seen how productive the backs are in Cam's system? draft Willis as your RB two in H2H leagues this year boys. I know Fred Taylor isnt sexy or anything and he'll loose carriers to MJD, blah blah blah. We'll hear this every year until Freddy hangs em up. What Jacksonville does works. Foster looks to get cut and hopefully go somewhere and be a RB2, C.Henry is behind FatDale for this coming season. I like my RB's better than Rudy,HTF and Im at least on par with Lhucks all ???? team and the Captain has MB3.2nd - Ducky's got Bush whos a PPR monster. Rudi who will be starting in Cincy. And Unless Chicago drafts someone, Benson is at least week1 starter and has been great value in these survivors. I know Benson isnt the greatest, but he's the best RB3 in this thing.

BassnBrew - while I like what he did. overall 2nd at RB seems high. Henry might get cut, Norwood is going to be RB2 behind possibly McFadden. WillieP doesnt catch passes or score TD's. 5th or 6th sounds about right

First thing Rzr, great job I love the effort.

I will tell you who I think you have too high and too low and maybe you could expound on why you feel this way

Green = Too High

Red = Too low

A couple things with the QB, I expect ELI to have a career year next year stats wise. He seemed to overcome his turnover issues. How do you see my SF QB's? personally even with Martz in town I dont think they are going to be great or anything. If we could trade, I'd trade my QB's for Hooks.

If Favre doesnt retire, I dont think he is. He'll have better numbers than Eli (should be closer) but I'll take the Texans vs SF right now.

Does Duckboys relative lack of any backup to Bulger make you rank him this low? Personally I'm really liking Bulgers value this year.
Bulger and a rookie - Bulger has played 15-14-8-16-12 games over the past five seasons, not reliable. I know he has Frerotte, but do you bet your squad on a back-up and a rookie QB, that's why he is that low. Capt. Hook in retrospect, is probably too low, but all that group from 6 on down is really tight. I probably should have gone with a compressed assigned score as I believe that the QB rosters are tighter than any other position.I also like Eli (I have him on my dynasty team, so I may be looking thru the rose colored glasses), but SF should not be better than Texans. It was the Favre factor that gave me my lower ranking on that team.

Thanks for the comments. I will try to respond as I can, but I am going out ot town on work for a couple days Tuesday - Friday replies will be few.

rzrback77 said:
And now a look at the WRs roster by roster. BassNBrew and I carried eight. Ten rosters carried seven and three (Duckboy, Frank Black & Cowboy) carried only six. With three scorers AND the greatest variance in week to week scores, I am surprised by those with only six. Duckboy got high marks in spite of limited depth, but it hurt the others.

1) PAE - Fitz, Chad Johnson, Evans, Bry Johnson, Furrey, Henderson & K Robinson 51.2

2) Ahrn City - TJ Housh, Ward, Driver, Toomer, B Wade, Matt Jones & C Wilson 48.0

3) Cp Hook - Marshall, Welker, Galloway, Branch, Gaffney, A Davis & Hurd 44.8

4) Fiddles - A Johnson, R White, Harrison, Ginn, Hester, Darling & Brad Smith 41.6

5) LHucks - R Moss, Holmes, Bowe, Walter, M Kelley ®, Sweed ® & C Davis 38.4

6) Duckboy - S Smith, Boldin, Engram, Reg Williams, Porter & T Williamson 35.2

7) rzrback - Cotchery, Coles, A Gonzalez, Stallworth, Burleson, S Smith (NYG), Booker & Hagan 32.0

8) BnB - J Walker, Mrk Clayton, C Henry, Bennett, Mik Clayton, Jarrett, Meacham & Chad Jackson 28.8

9) Sniffer - Jennings, Roy Williams, D Jackson, Bruce, Jurevicius, Parrish & Kennison 25.6

10) Twilight - Colston, S Moss, S Rice, L Robinson, D Jackson ®, Jac Jones & Hill 22.4

11) Ravnz - R Wayne, Curtis, Mason, Hilliard, N Washington, Br Jones & Ferguson 19.2

12) HTF - Burress, Cal Johnson, Curry, Gage, Northcutt, Muhsin & Reed 16.0

13) Cowboy - T Owens, Berrian, McDonald, Randle El, Manningham ® & Hawkins ® 12.8

14) Fro - Edwards, Royd Williams, Patten, Stokely, Dem Williams, Carter & Lelie 9.6

15) F Black - Holt, Chambers, Reg Brown, Jms Jones, Jenkins & Moore 6.4

16) Rudy - V Jackson, Hackett, Battle, Crayton, Wilford, Dorcet ® & Hardy ® 3.2
these rankings look pretty good. Except I think Twilight should be ranked 15 infront of only Rudy. Not alot to like about Twi's WR other than Colston. I think Frank deserves a higher ranking. Chambers is going to put up good numbers next year. With a healthy McNabb (Big if) R.Brown should be better this season as well. True Franks 4-6 WR's dont look too good.

To Me HTF paid to high a price for Calvin as a WR2

BnB - way too many "high upside" or overrated players - he's got alot of them though.

personally here is how I would rank em:

8 - Sniffer

9 - Ravns

10 - Cowboy

11 - Frank

12 - Bass

13 - HTF

14 - Fro

15 - Twilight

16 - Rudy

Now a look at the RBs roster by roster.....1) Fiddles - Westbrook, J Lewis, K Smith, F Jackson & Weaver 36.8 pts2) BnB - Grant, W Parker, T Henry & Norwood 34.53) rzrback - Portis, Maroney, Morris, Davenport & P Thomas 32.24) Ahrn City - S Jackson, L White, Watson, Mo Morris & B Leonard 29.95) PAE - AD Peterson, C Taylor, De Williams, F Jones ® & L Jordan 27.66) Fro - Tomlinson, Fargas, Stewart ® & M Pittman 25.37) Cowboy - Lynch, E Graham, T Jones, J Jones & Hart ® 23.08) Frank Black - Addai, Keith, Edge, M Bush & J Wright 20.79) Twilight - Gore, Deuce, Rice ®, K Smith ® & Forsett ® 18.410) Cpt Hook - Barber, S Young, Dunn, D Ward & Sproles 16.111) HTF - L Johnson, Turner, K Jones & A Peterson (Chi) 13.812) LHucks - R Brown, Alexander, Caddy, Mendenhall ® & Irons 11.513) Rudy - Jacobs, McFadden ®, Betts & C Johnson ® 9.214) Duckboy - R Bush, Rudi J, Benson, K Faulk & A Green 6.915) Sniffer - McGahee, F Taylor, Foster, C Henry & Charles ® 4.616) Ravnzfan - MJ Drew, Bradshaw, Dayne, L Washington & Duckett 2.3As always, please bring comments and let me know where you disagree or agree
I believe my ranking is too low. I wouldn't trade my Rb's for anybodies in terms of overall consisency. I believe Lynch and Graham will produce very nice numbers each week. Thomas and Julius will contribute valuable bye week points and have some weeks where they surprass my RB 1 and 2's just because of a juicy matchup and Hart will find his way into the lineup on whatever team he plays for thru the course of the season. I don't need him to produce week 1 with the depth I have at RB but could use him later on in the season. He will play.

For laughs, my 2007 WSL 1 Team rankings:

1) LHucks 113.4 finished 1st in points and 3rd survivor

2) Twilight 112.4 finished 15th in points and 16th

3) BassNBrew 99 finished 4th in points and 13th

4) Sniffa 98.2 finished 13th in points and 10th

5) Legacy 89 finished 6th in points and 12th

6) rzrback77 85.4 finished 9th in points and 9th

7) Duckboy 81.4 finished 5th in points and 7th

8) F Black 80.7 finished 3rd in points and 2nd

9) Ravnzfan 77.5 finished 16th in points and 14th

10) Fiddles 73.1 finished 8th in points and 15th

11) PAE 71.7 finished 2nd in points and 11th

12) Fro 68.1 finished 14th in points and 4th

13) Rudy 62.8 finished 10th in points and 6th

14) Footsteps 59.9 finished 7th in points and 1st

15) Ahrn City 54.2 finished 11th in points and 8th

16) Cowboy 37 finished 12th in points and 5th

Not that good of a prediction, but even so did better with the total points than the survivor finish which is nearly impossible to predict.
Interesting here. I like this years squad alot better than last year.Last Year my QB's were a little weak - Delhomme & McNair - both got hurt.

My WR's outside of Colston stunk. Smoss,Drew Bennett,Troy Williamson - bleh

LJ Smith got hurt so no TE points.

My runners were stout with Westbrook,McGahee and MB3.

Ya just never know in February

First - my squad. McGahee has a new OC in town Cam. Have you seen how productive the backs are in Cam's system? draft Willis as your RB two in H2H leagues this year boys. I know Fred Taylor isnt sexy or anything and he'll loose carriers to MJD, blah blah blah. We'll hear this every year until Freddy hangs em up. What Jacksonville does works. Foster looks to get cut and hopefully go somewhere and be a RB2, C.Henry is behind FatDale for this coming season. I like my RB's better than Rudy,HTF and Im at least on par with Lhucks all ???? team and the Captain has MB3.2nd - Ducky's got Bush whos a PPR monster. Rudi who will be starting in Cincy. And Unless Chicago drafts someone, Benson is at least week1 starter and has been great value in these survivors. I know Benson isnt the greatest, but he's the best RB3 in this thing.

BassnBrew - while I like what he did. overall 2nd at RB seems high. Henry might get cut, Norwood is going to be RB2 behind possibly McFadden. WillieP doesnt catch passes or score TD's. 5th or 6th sounds about right
Grant > McGahee, Parker > McGahee. Parker scored plenty of TDs two years ago. I suspect improvement to the mean this year. You can't discount Henry and Norwood while giving props to C. Henry, Taylor, and Foster. Why do you assume that Norwood's career 6.1 ypc is only RB2 material?

Grant > McGahee, Parker > McGahee. Parker scored plenty of TDs two years ago. I suspect improvement to the mean this year. You can't discount Henry and Norwood while giving props to C. Henry, Taylor, and Foster. Why do you assume that Norwood's career 6.1 ypc is only RB2 material?
I was just jabbin those guys alittle.I dont think you deserve a #2 ranking though. I said 5th or 6th is about right.

Williep will get probably 8-10 tds , 2 was way low, 16 probably a bit high. We'll see if red zone passing to TE's gets taken away from Pitt.

Pretty sure McGahee outscored Williep in every scoring format last year.

I think Grant is overvalued, he looks good enough but his sample size is rather small.

Where did I give props to Foster?

Users who are viewing this thread