Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Hook

WSL1 rosters

Now a look at the RBs roster by roster.....

1) Fiddles - Westbrook, J Lewis, K Smith, F Jackson & Weaver 36.8 pts

2) BnB - Grant, W Parker, T Henry & Norwood 34.5

3) rzrback - Portis, Maroney, Morris, Davenport & P Thomas 32.2

4) Ahrn City - S Jackson, L White, Watson, Mo Morris & B Leonard 29.9

5) PAE - AD Peterson, C Taylor, De Williams, F Jones ® & L Jordan 27.6

6) Fro - Tomlinson, Fargas, Stewart ® & M Pittman 25.3

7) Cowboy - Lynch, E Graham, T Jones, J Jones & Hart ® 23.0

8) Frank Black - Addai, Keith, Edge, M Bush & J Wright 20.7

9) Twilight - Gore, Deuce, Rice ®, K Smith ® & Forsett ® 18.4

10) Cpt Hook - Barber, S Young, Dunn, D Ward & Sproles 16.1

11) HTF - L Johnson, Turner, K Jones & A Peterson (Chi) 13.8

12) LHucks - R Brown, Alexander, Caddy, Mendenhall ® & Irons 11.5

13) Rudy - Jacobs, McFadden ®, Betts & C Johnson ® 9.2

14) Duckboy - R Bush, Rudi J, Benson, K Faulk & A Green 6.9

15) Sniffer - McGahee, F Taylor, Foster, C Henry & Charles ® 4.6

16) Ravnzfan - MJ Drew, Bradshaw, Dayne, L Washington & Duckett 2.3

As always, please bring comments and let me know where you disagree or agree

First - my squad. McGahee has a new OC in town Cam. Have you seen how productive the backs are in Cam's system? draft Willis as your RB two in H2H leagues this year boys. I know Fred Taylor isnt sexy or anything and he'll loose carriers to MJD, blah blah blah. We'll hear this every year until Freddy hangs em up. What Jacksonville does works. Foster looks to get cut and hopefully go somewhere and be a RB2, C.Henry is behind FatDale for this coming season. I like my RB's better than Rudy,HTF and Im at least on par with Lhucks all ???? team and the Captain has MB3.

2nd - Ducky's got Bush whos a PPR monster. Rudi who will be starting in Cincy. And Unless Chicago drafts someone, Benson is at least week1 starter and has been great value in these survivors. I know Benson isnt the greatest, but he's the best RB3 in this thing.

BassnBrew - while I like what he did. overall 2nd at RB seems high. Henry might get cut, Norwood is going to be RB2 behind possibly McFadden. WillieP doesnt catch passes or score TD's. 5th or 6th sounds about right

Grant > McGahee, Parker > McGahee. Parker scored plenty of TDs two years ago. I suspect improvement to the mean this year. You can't discount Henry and Norwood while giving props to C. Henry, Taylor, and Foster. Why do you assume that Norwood's career 6.1 ypc is only RB2 material?
I was just jabbin those guys alittle.

I dont think you deserve a #2 ranking though. I said 5th or 6th is about right.

Williep will get probably 8-10 tds , 2 was way low, 16 probably a bit high. We'll see if red zone passing to TE's gets taken away from Pitt.

Pretty sure McGahee outscored Williep in every scoring format last year.

I think Grant is overvalued, he looks good enough but his sample size is rather small.

Where did I give props to Foster?

I would tend to agree, but none of us drafted B Jackson, Morency, or Wynn. Are we all expecting GB to draft another RB?

First - my squad. McGahee has a new OC in town Cam. Have you seen how productive the backs are in Cam's system? draft Willis as your RB two in H2H leagues this year boys. I know Fred Taylor isnt sexy or anything and he'll loose carriers to MJD, blah blah blah. We'll hear this every year until Freddy hangs em up. What Jacksonville does works. Foster looks to get cut and hopefully go somewhere and be a RB2, C.Henry is behind FatDale for this coming season. I like my RB's better than Rudy,HTF and Im at least on par with Lhucks all ???? team and the Captain has MB3.

2nd - Ducky's got Bush whos a PPR monster. Rudi who will be starting in Cincy. And Unless Chicago drafts someone, Benson is at least week1 starter and has been great value in these survivors. I know Benson isnt the greatest, but he's the best RB3 in this thing.

BassnBrew - while I like what he did. overall 2nd at RB seems high. Henry might get cut, Norwood is going to be RB2 behind possibly McFadden. WillieP doesnt catch passes or score TD's. 5th or 6th sounds about right

Grant > McGahee, Parker > McGahee. Parker scored plenty of TDs two years ago. I suspect improvement to the mean this year. You can't discount Henry and Norwood while giving props to C. Henry, Taylor, and Foster. Why do you assume that Norwood's career 6.1 ypc is only RB2 material?

Williep will get probably 8-10 tds , 2 was way low, 16 probably a bit high. We'll see if red zone passing to TE's gets taken away from Pitt.

I think Grant is overvalued, he looks good enough but his sample size is rather small.

I would tend to agree, but none of us drafted B Jackson, Morency, or Wynn. Are we all expecting GB to draft another RB?
It is a deep enough class to do it in round 2/3 and get someone better than any of those guys. I suspect they wont thought cause Jackson is only in his 2nd year and Wynn will be the 3rd RB. Morency I believe is a FA.

Agree with the Grant is overvalued comments.

I think projecting Willie Parker to have 10 Td's (your high end) is way too high. He's coming off a serious injury.

I think 5 to 7 is about right the way he was used in Pittsburgh last year.

I think projecting Willie Parker to have 10 Td's (your high end) is way too high. He's coming off a serious injury.

I think 5 to 7 is about right the way he was used in Pittsburgh last year.

your right about td projections. those are hard to get right anyway.

I think he broke his leg, did I miss something? Not like a torn ACL

Him not catching alot of passes is what concerns me in this format.

:confused:Look at FWP's history...he puts up a lot of stinkers.

:yes:Look at FWP's history...he puts up a lot of stinkers.
Not an issue when you have Norwood backing him up.I'm not arguing Parker is going to be a top five back, just a RB1 in this format. Last year he was going in the top 8. I think I got him at 2.5.

So is he going to suck, is Favre going to retire, or is one of the undrafted guys going to challenge him for pt?

:yes:Look at FWP's history...he puts up a lot of stinkers.
Not an issue when you have Norwood backing him up.I'm not arguing Parker is going to be a top five back, just a RB1 in this format. Last year he was going in the top 8. I think I got him at 2.5.
Are you going to add Moore to my team at any point or am I screwed?

Final Rankings and Tiers

The points listed are the sum of points awarded above in a position bt position analysis of each team's QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs. The fact that the scores below are not listed in numerical order is due to the kickers and/or defenses moving a team up or down. There are four tiers.

Tier 1

1) BassNBrew 85.5

Tier 2

9) LHucks 66.8

Everybody needs to chime in with discussion.

:yes:

So is he going to suck, is Favre going to retire, or is one of the undrafted guys going to challenge him for pt?
Suck? nah I wont predict that. But underperform relative to is ADP? yes. Overvalued

:confused:Look at FWP's history...he puts up a lot of stinkers.
Are you going to add Moore to my team at any point or am I screwed?
Will confer with a couple of parties not in this draft and get back to you.

Fro gets Moore. The rules page has been updated so this won't happen again. I'd go into more detail but I'd needed to get this in before I get a hammered with a to for pointing out hypocracy around here.

Henry just restructured...he's not getting cut. Just waiting on Atlanta's draft to see if I went yard with another RB pick.

Henry just restructured...he's not getting cut. Just waiting on Atlanta's draft to see if I went yard with another RB pick.
too bad you cant trade one of those RB's for a WR

too bad you cant trade one of those RB's for a WR
I doubt I'll need to. Too many bullets in the gun on potent passing offenses to be concerned.

LHUCKS' Players in the News

Ronnie Brown-RB- Dolphins Feb. 21 - 10:32 am et Ronnie Brown's recovery from a torn ACL is "apparently going very well," according to the Miami Herald.Brown should be back in time for training camp, and quite possibly sooner. The Dolphins still have to find a backup RB and at least one starting tackle. Shaun Alexander-RB- Seahawks Feb. 21 - 10:12 pm et Profootballtalk.com is hearing "rumblings" at the NFL Combine that Shaun Alexander could be released by the Seahawks shortly.It's become more and more clear that Alexander won't be back in Seattle after averaging a career low 3.5 yards per carry in 2007. If the Seahawks cut ties, their next starting running back could be a rookie draft choice.

:shrug:

Winners & Losers from yesterday's transactions

1) DeShaun Foster CUT by Carolina

Winner - PAE for DWill

Loser - BSS for Foster

2) Jamal Lewis signs 3yr deal with Cleveland

Winner - Fiddles for Lewis

Loser - Frank Black for J. Wright

1) DeShaun Foster CUT by Carolina Winner - PAE for DWill Loser - BSS for Foster

:thumbup:

1) DeShaun Foster CUT by Carolina Winner - PAE for DWill Loser - BSS for Foster

:shrug:
LOLHe'll resign somewhere. I wasnt expecting big numbers from Deshaun anywayMust have rubbed you the wrong way with my team analysis.

LHUCKS' Players in the News

Ronnie Brown-RB- Dolphins Feb. 21 - 10:32 am et Ronnie Brown's recovery from a torn ACL is "apparently going very well," according to the Miami Herald.Brown should be back in time for training camp, and quite possibly sooner. The Dolphins still have to find a backup RB and at least one starting tackle. Shaun Alexander-RB- Seahawks Feb. 21 - 10:12 pm et Profootballtalk.com is hearing "rumblings" at the NFL Combine that Shaun Alexander could be released by the Seahawks shortly.It's become more and more clear that Alexander won't be back in Seattle after averaging a career low 3.5 yards per carry in 2007. If the Seahawks cut ties, their next starting running back could be a rookie draft choice.

:shock:
Where's that Caddy's as good as dead news blurb?

Where's that Caddy's as good as dead news blurb?

:unsure:

Looks like I dodged in bullet in Grossman not being in Chicago. He signed a 1/2 year deal and Griese will be released when Grossman's deal is official. I was slightly worried about Griese sticking around and Grossman going to be a backup somewhere, which would have screwed me.

Now just patiently waiting to hear some good news about how Manningham is doing as he's going to be a big play maker.

Orton (who Lhucks thought was an April Fool's joke, although the joke will be on him when he starts a minimum of 8 games this year) and Grossman look to be the only two QB's that will be playing in Chicago this season. I don't expect big numbers but it'll be a QB in the slot each week and of course they do have Detroit twice in one season.

all of a sudden yall like my RBs just a little bit more don't you...

because the bucks are looking at dfoster?

My WRs:

I know that most of you think my WRs are subpar. However, compare this year to last year's Championship team:

THIS YEAR:

Holt

Chambers

Reggie Brown

James Jones

M. Jenkins

L. Moore

LAST YEAR:

Antonio Bryant

Travis Taylor

Isaac Bruce

Marty Booker

Joe Jurevicius

Josh Reed

Bernard Berrian

Last year only 5 of my WRs saw the field. I like my WRs this year a lot better than last year. Also, unlike many here, I believe that James Jones will have a few weeks with #2 numbers because he will continue to steal TDs from Driver. Jenkins and Moore are nothing special I admit.

FULLBACK FRO 1.-1

QB Brees, Delhomme

RB Tomlinson, J. Stewart, Fargas, M. Pittman

WR B. Edwards, Roydell Williams, Patten, Stokely, D. Williams, D. Carter, Lelie

TE Dallas Clark, Scheffler

K Nugent, Tynes

DS Washington, San Francisco

QB

I love the QB position here. Delhomme may be one of the most undervalued QBs going into next season. However, the Panthers need a solid upgrade at #2 WR. Perhaps even Moose could be decent if he comes back, although not at the same level he was when he left Carolina. If Carolina gets a #2 WR upgrade, I think you have one of the best QB duos.

RB

I don't know what to think. A lot hinges on Stewart. I'm not a believer in Fargas, which is why I drafted Bush. I can easily see Fargas not playing much due to injury or being outplayed by whoever else is on Oakland's roster. Is Oakland going to jettison both Jordan and Rhodes? Pittman is too much on the downside of his career, but may have more value if he plays on some other team. If Tampa releases him perhaps Carolina should take a look at him.

WR

This is the weakness of the team. Only Edwards offers consistent good production. After that, you have teasers and underachievers. Quantity does not always save the day. I don't think Stokely saves you even if Walker leaves.

TE

Solid group although I wonder how Clark's #s will be if Harrison returns.

K/DEF

I usually don't comment on these positions because they are so unpredictable

OVERALL

I don't see this team being a contender primarily because the WRs likley won't offer enough points consistently.

PIMPIN Ain't EASY 1.-2

QB Kitna, V. Young

RB ADP, Dwill, C. Taylor, F. Jones, L. Jordan

WR Fitzgerald, Chad Johnson, L. Evans, B. Johnson, Furrey, D. Henderson, K. Robinson

TE L.J. Smith, McMichael, Utecht

K Folk

DS Buffalo, Cleveland

QB

This duo doesn't hurt you or put your team over the top. Frankly, I don't know what to expect out of Young this year.

RB

Strong group especially after the Foster release. I'm still not sold on Williams but your remaining depth is solid.

WR

This is one of the better WR groupds here assuming that Fitz and #85 stay with their teams. Evans will be a great #3 if he resumes close to his old #s. The remaining WRs offer good depth and should crack your top 3 in points a few times this season.

TE

I'm not sold on any of your TEs. I think next season Smith shows us that he was just a tease and the other two will be mediocre at best.

K/DEF

No commentary.

OVERALL

I can see this team contending. Strong at 2 positions. If Young improves, strong at 3 positions that should create an advantage over other teams.

Because you've been Mendenhalled 8th round fellas...don't step to this.

Because you've been Mendenhalled 8th round fellas...don't step to this.
Well he might make up for bad Caddy & Salex picks.but considering he's a big 10 RB, I doubt it

Because you've been Mendenhalled

8th round fellas...don't step to this.

Well he might make up for bad Caddy & Salex picks.

but considering he's a big 10 RB, I doubt it

Good point on the Big10, but you should still admit your mistake and move my squad up your RB rankings...I told you before the combine that you were off on RB and WR.(regarding my team) Now everybody is pimping Mendenhall and Bowe.

SHEEPHERDER

Good point on the Big10, but you should still admit your mistake and move my squad up your RB rankings...I told you before the combine that you were off on RB and WR.(regarding my team) Now everybody is pimping Mendenhall and Bowe.

If they are successfully pimped do you get a cut of the action? - because making money off that draft would be a F***ing miracle :excited:

FULLBACK FRO 1.-1QB Brees, DelhommeRB Tomlinson, J. Stewart, Fargas, M. PittmanWR B. Edwards, Roydell Williams, Patten, Stokely, D. Williams, D. Carter, LelieTE Dallas Clark, SchefflerK Nugent, TynesDS Washington, San FranciscoQBI love the QB position here. Delhomme may be one of the most undervalued QBs going into next season. However, the Panthers need a solid upgrade at #2 WR. Perhaps even Moose could be decent if he comes back, although not at the same level he was when he left Carolina. If Carolina gets a #2 WR upgrade, I think you have one of the best QB duos.RBI don't know what to think. A lot hinges on Stewart. I'm not a believer in Fargas, which is why I drafted Bush. I can easily see Fargas not playing much due to injury or being outplayed by whoever else is on Oakland's roster. Is Oakland going to jettison both Jordan and Rhodes? Pittman is too much on the downside of his career, but may have more value if he plays on some other team. If Tampa releases him perhaps Carolina should take a look at him.WRThis is the weakness of the team. Only Edwards offers consistent good production. After that, you have teasers and underachievers. Quantity does not always save the day. I don't think Stokely saves you even if Walker leaves.TESolid group although I wonder how Clark's #s will be if Harrison returns.K/DEFI usually don't comment on these positions because they are so unpredictableOVERALLI don't see this team being a contender primarily because the WRs likley won't offer enough points consistently.

Well, you just got that #2 WR in Carolina with Moose coming back. I think that solidies your team as the best QB position in the league. Jarrett now makes an intriguing #3 for Delhomme.

well since the end of the draft some of my players in the news:

Foster - cut

Kennison - cut

Roscoe Parrish - DUI

Wilkins - Might retire

Gates - foot surgery out until camp

this always happens in one league

well since the end of the draft some of my players in the news:Foster - cutKennison - cutRoscoe Parrish - DUIWilkins - Might retireGates - foot surgery out until campthis always happens in one league

Poor drafting or bad luck?

well since the end of the draft some of my players in the news:Foster - cutKennison - cutRoscoe Parrish - DUIWilkins - Might retireGates - foot surgery out until campthis always happens in one league

:lmao:Usually its my PDSL team that has retirments,cuts and season ending injuries.

When you're the defending Champ, it's considered bad luck.

well since the end of the draft some of my players in the news:Foster - Cut - Signed in SFKennison - CutI.Bruce - Cut -signed in SFRoscoe Parrish - DUIWilkins - RETIRED!Gates - foot surgery out until campthis always happens in one league

update

When you're the defending Champ, it's considered bad luck.
Oh, okay. Was wondering how that worked.

DUCKBOY 1.-8

QB Bulger, M. Ryan, Frerotte

RB R. Bush, R. Johnson, Benson, K. Faulk, A. Green

WR S. Smith, Boldin, Reggie Williams, Porter, T. Williamson

TE Heap, Scaife

K Akers, Stover

DS Tennessee, New Orleans

weird coincidence here. duckboy now with 3 jax wrs out of 5 total

good thing you didnt double up on jax players in the draft

DUCKBOY 1.-8

TE Heap, Scaife

K Akers, Stover

ouchie

DUCKBOY 1.-8

TE Heap, Scaife

K Akers, Stover

ouchie
He also has Engram, but three Jax WRs out of six total is not good.

wasn't somebody in here pimping their Norwood pick...

FIDDLES 1.-5

QB Rivers, Warner

RB Westbrook, J. Lewis, K. Smith, F. Jackson, L. Weaver

WR A. Johnson, M. Harrison, R. White, Ginn, Hester, Darling, B. Smith

TE H. Miller, F. Davis ®

K Gould, Longwell

DS Tampa Bay, NY Jets

QB duo is risky. Rivers coming off of injury and who knows how much Warner will play.

RB

One of the stronger groups here. Westbrook and Lewis make a strong duo. I'm not sold on Smith but I think Jackson showed enough last year to see the field more even with Lynch playing.

WR

Johnson and Harrison are a great starting 2. If White is close to last year you have a great platoon for #3. Heck, White will get you #1 or #2 numbers some weeks.

TE

Not a real strength but Miller shouldn't bring you down too much. Not a big fan of rookie TEs in this format.

K/DEF

No commentary

OVERALL: I see this team doing well becuase of strengths at RB/WR. However, Rivers is going to let you down some weeks and if Warner isn't even playing on those weeks, this team could be out early despite its potential. Add that to Miller not producing some weeks and having only a rookie #2 TE, things could get dicey.

AHRNCITYPAHNDER 1.-6

QB Garrard, T. Jackson

RB S. Jackson, L. White, K. Watson, M. Morris, B. Leonard

WR Houshmandzadeh, H. Ward, Driver, Toomer, Wade, M. Jones, C. Wilson

TE Z. Miller, K. Boss

K Bryant, Mare

DS Pittsburgh , Indianapolis

QB

Recent WR transactions in Minny and Jax helped you here.

RB

A lot here depends on White, who I'm still not sold on. Watson and Morris looked good in relief last year but will they get opportunities next season? Smart drafting Leonard. I think that you have a good #2 RB platoon and this group looks good.

WR

TJ looks good, but I think Ward and Driver will disappopint you most weeks. I think that with the quality of your remaining WRs, you are relying heavily on quantity. Will Matt Jones be cut? Will he even play much next season?

TE

Not a strong group, although I certainly wanted to draft Boss as Shockey insurance. I don't see consistent production from this group.

K/DEF

No commentary

OVERALL: I think this is a pretty good team that could go deep.

wasn't somebody in here pimping their Norwood pick...

Yeah...even my devalued RB4 will outproduce most of your pathetic RBs. In the meantime Crumpler, Henry, and Bennett have far improved their standing to outweigh Norwood's upside potential going down the crapper.

:bag: guess I should have taken Aaron F***ing Rogers with that last pick

:bag: guess I should have taken Aaron F***ing Rogers with that last pick

:unsure: sorry dude - who's your other QB?

CAPTAIN HOOK 1.-9

QB Favre, Schaub, Rosenfels

RB M. Barber, S. Young, Sproles, Dunn, D. Ward

WR Marshall, Welker, Galloway, Branch, Gaffney, A. Davis, Hurd

TE Winslow. Des Clark

K Crosby

DS Kansas City, Atlanta

Dead men walking.