What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Board Games (1 Viewer)

For The People - GMT

Paths of Glory - GMT

WWII Barbarossa to Berlin - GMT

Twilight Struggle - GMT

Russian Campaign - Avalon Hill, now somebody else

Victory in the Pacific - Avalon Hill

The guy that answered Crossbows & Catapults gets it. I also had a couple of the expansion packs.

Twilight Struggle.

I'm available to play on Wargameroom.
Ever play on ACTS?
Never heard of it.
ACTS is a free website that handles cards, die rolls etc. It allows players to play over time, making moves whenever they want. To use it, you have to download the cyberboard for the game, which you can get on the GMT Twilight Struggle page.

It's basically an alternative to real-time, for people that don't have time to sit down and finish a game all at once.

Settlers of Catan

used to hang out at a store where they sold board games and this was the most played and most popular

also the best, and i don't think its close

It's been years since I have been able to play many board games. I miss them. I am also sorry to say that I have not heard of over 90% of those listed so far. Anyway here is my list in no particular order

1. Risk

2. Monopoly

3. Life

4. Pictionary (and I can't draw to save my life)

5. Scrabble

6. Hi-Ho cherrio

* special note to say Axis and Allies looks interesting, but I have never played it.

To you guys that like board games but haven't heard of a lot of these, you really owe it to yourself to go to boardgamegeek.com. This has already been mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there still a group of FBG diplomacy players? I have no idea how to GM, but if there is a game to be had, I'd be interested in playing again.

Bull Dozier said:
Axis and Allies: While a fun game, I have a problem with any war game that takes longer to set up than the actual war it was based on.
I don't think I ever saw the Axis win this game if the Allies weren't morons.
You need to have your own modifications of the rules, eg., Russia can't attack on their first move.
Russia attacking on the first move increases the Axis chances of winning.

Are there still a group of FBG diplomacy players? I have no idea how to GM, but if there is a game to be had, I'd be interested in playing again.
There hasn't been a game in ages. To be honest, I think the majority of the players don't even hang around the board much anymore. The only ones I see around regularly are Sofa Kings and Shinning Path. I haven't seen Ratpfink or The Alchemist in ages and they really lead diplomacy games as they GMed the vast majority of the games. I do know how to GM as I did one or two of the games but I am not sure if I have the time commitment to play or GM a game.

Diplomacy

I think this is the only link left to the numerous diplomacy games played on this board a few years ago:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...mp;hl=diplomacy
I do hope that people are still bowing down to my successful Juggernaut.
The first successful Juggernaut in FBG Dip was executed to perfection by me (Russia) and Bax (Turkey).The original plan was for me and Brant (AH) to roll Bax, but he got wind and hunkered down. Pressure came from the west in the form of a Germano-Italian alliance (Orange Crush - a tournament caliber Dip player - as Germany and none other than Scoobygang as Italy). So a Russia/AH/Turkey counter-alliance was summarily formed, the main feature of which was Turkey repeatedly stabbing AH in the back until he was dead. Then Turkey became Russia's best bud, and through various devious machinations we disguised the impending Juggernaut. Italy was bent to the rack after overcommitting to the AH corpse, and then England was dispatched through a brilliantly machiavellian stab on my part. Germany was delicately dislodged from a Frankish alliance, and subsequently chewed up. Leaving France all alone to face the Russo-Turkish hordes. Ah, whimsical, doomed France...

Brant called Bax a "pathological liar" at least three times during that game.

Edit - who was England in that game? Username is at the tip of my tongue.

Edit 2 - SofaKings! England was SofaKings.

Another thing - the "Colonial" version of Dip, with Holland and Japan and Russia and France and all those guys, sucks.

The guy that answered Crossbows & Catapults gets it. I also had a couple of the expansion packs.
Back in high school about 15 years ago, one of my friends worked at the K-B toystore. They were dumping all their old C&Cs for a buck each. Ended up buying them out and building some huge castles in my basement, flinging those chips everywhere. When my parents renovated five years ago, they were still finding them. Last week on the phone with my dad, he's like "I found 20 boxes of Crossbows & Catapults in the attic, what should I do with them?"

Another thing - the "Colonial" version of Dip, with Holland and Japan and Russia and France and all those guys, sucks.
Yeah that version sucks. But I think we managed to pull a draw in that game. I think it was mostly because RIM and Idiot Boxer got tired rather than play to the end.

Users who are viewing this thread