What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sober February (1 Viewer)

Any of you ever get delirium tremens that first week of going cold turkey?
I don't drink every single day, which some would call BS on, but I don't.  I LOVE booze but after a few days of really getting after it, like I will this weekend, I need a break for 4 days minimum.  My energy will spike though after a couple of weeks which makes me eat a lot more.

I also prefer The Hippy Shakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
St. Louis Bob said:
If you're a beer drinker I bet you lose 10+ pounds, easily.
Mostly wine, problem is I have multiple wine groups plus wine diners on the weekend = lot's of wine drank.  I am going to try and be disciplined enough to still attend but spit the entire time.  We'll see how this goes.

Mostly wine, problem is I have multiple wine groups plus wine diners on the weekend = lot's of wine drank.  I am going to try and be disciplined enough to still attend but spit the entire time.  We'll see how this goes.
that will be tough.  you can do it though.  do you work in the wine industry?

Mistah CIA. If you're in, I'm in. For sure. Super Bowl pending, of course.  Let's make it Feb. 4th - March 4th. 

Let's do this. 

:football:
I'm down for this. Initially I thought I was driving to my son's house for SB52, but it turns out everything is going down at my place.

Feb 4th - Mar 4th it is! ... BACKTRACK! Check your calendar; let's make it Feb 5th - Mar 5th.

Hope you like this.

that will be tough.  you can do it though.  do you work in the wine industry?
Na, just love good food and wine.  What is really going to be tough is the fact I just broke up with my girlfriend so I am hitting the dating scene again.  Alchohol always makes thatveasier.  

I quit drinking for a New Year's resolution, with a caveat.  I put 12 "dollars" from a board game in my wallet, each good for one drink.  I was in Munich a couple weeks ago for work and spend one on a beer aged in a wooden barrel from a brewery around since 1355.  I may or may not use one on Super Bowl Sunday, or when I'm in Spain at end of February.  Regardless of when, judging by that single beer, it's definitely special.  I plan to see it out with the 12 drinks this year and next year expand it to 52.  Maybe in 2020 I'll make it 104.  It's a good compromise between quitting drinking and relegating it to special occasions. 
Dig this. 

Let's break bad habits, but never, ever forsake goodness - nor togetherness.

Moderation, come March.

I do February and April as beer reduction months each year. Drink beer for Super Bowl and maybe once in April, but just a little more wine each month. 

I quit drinking for a New Year's resolution, with a caveat.  I put 12 "dollars" from a board game in my wallet, each good for one drink this year.  I was in Munich a couple weeks ago for work and spend one on a beer aged in a wooden barrel from a brewery around since 1355.  I may or may not use one on Super Bowl Sunday, or when I'm in Spain at end of February.  Regardless of when, judging by that single beer, it's definitely special.  I plan to see it out with the 12 drinks this year and next year expand it to 52.  Maybe in 2020 I'll make it 104.  It's a good compromise between quitting drinking and relegating it to special occasions. 
I think I'll do this in reverse and taper down. Start with 1664 and continue down each year

I'm proud, happy, shocked?, to say I haven't even craved alcohol.  After the news on Friday though, on top of a lot of other things. yes the real tragedy is the people murdered and that poor little 4yo girl :( , I've been dying for a smoke because so stressed out.  Just feel bad for Mrs. SLB who still hasn't reconciled our nephew being murdered.  Now happy memories from her childhood will forever be tainted too.  I had a lot of great memories myself in that house and ####ed up thinking back and my brain pairs what happened last week with them. 

Then wake up yesterday to learn one of Cal's all time favorite teachers and Dylan's robotics club teacher  was found dead in her classroom.  Guessing a heart attack or stroke but don't know for sure not that it matters. Going to the vigil tonight. 

I don't know man. 

My fall off the wagon was not nearly as spectacular as I had anticipated. More quality over quantity. Split a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine with the wife and ended with a little port. Now back on the wagon until I head to London at the end of March.

Then wake up yesterday to learn one of Cal's all time favorite teachers and Dylan's robotics club teacher  was found dead in her classroom.  Guessing a heart attack or stroke but don't know for sure not that it matters. Going to the vigil tonight. 
Well that sucked and was great all in one. So proud of Cal in that he had the courage to speak, eloquently, in front of about 150, about his affection and appreciation for her.  That gave about 20 other current and former students the courage to do the same.  

14 months ago My bloodwork came back. Both my AST and ASP (I think that’s what it was) came back way high. Dr wanted to ultrasound liver. Said I was drinking way too much. Quit right then. Had bloodwork done last week. Everything came back perfectly normal. Been 14 months. Haven’t missed it a bit.   Have way more money and don’t miss the hangovers either. 

Interesting timing - I just poured my first drink (some bourbon) since Jan. 1st.  I’ve cut way back and haven’t bought any beer in a couple months.  Still plan to enjoy the occasional bourbon and scotch though.  Good luck.

bump

I usually don't drink Monday to Wednesday so getting in my Penultimate drinking day before February rolls around.

I tried sober January - I made it to the 17th when it would have been awkward to pass on a drink at a work function;  Then I was in Vegas for 3 days starting the 24th, again for work, but let's be real... going to Vegas and not having a drink wasn't realistic - 6 drinks in a total of 71 hours from landing to leaving ( 3 each night I was there) not awful; and when you don't drink for a while - a couple of beers can give you a great buzz!

I will count my start yesterday- 1/26 ( and I really did have my last drink before Midnight PST on 1/25) and will make it until 2/23 - my 50th; - not quite  a month;

I am posting this here to hold myself accountable and I have noticed that I get depressed when I drink, so I am going to lay off alcohol and see if that doesn't help. I usually don't drink on weekdays unless it is something out of the ordinary so it is a matter of managing the work trips and weekends which is the hardest. 

Users who are viewing this thread