What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sober February (2 Viewers)

Sup guys. Doing good so far. Taking 48hr hiatus 21-23 for a bachelor party for a wedding I'm standing in. Otherwise I'm all in. 

Did vape a tiny bit of AK47 to get through the work from home day. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I started on 2/3 and breezed through the week without even a craving until Friday when I had the ####tiest day at work you can imagine - nothing went right - really wanted a drink when I got home but held firm.  Today was another easy day with no desire to break the streak.  So I might just skip work until 3/1 :lol:  

I started on 2/3 and breezed through the week without even a craving until Friday when I had the ####tiest day at work you can imagine - nothing went right - really wanted a drink when I got home but held firm.  Today was another easy day with no desire to break the streak.  So I might just skip work until 3/1 :lol:  
i'm with you!  crappy work days are the hardest.  all  other days are pretty easy.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Seriously?  First drink in 5.5 years???  What was the impetus?
I didn’t drink from Jun 2013 - Dec 2018. I had severe sleep issues due to anxiety and drinking made the anxiety and sleep much worse, so I gave it up. In that time my 2nd child was born, my wife survived stage 3b colon cancer, we relocated for my job, had our 3rd child, then relocated for my job again. I learned how to manage my anxiety quite well, and decided to start drinking again for the social aspect of it mostly, but also because I love craft beer. I drink socially now and on Fri and Sat night at home I’ll have a few with my wife.

Spent Saturday going across the state of Florida to watch an NHL game with family. Spent today making the same trip in reverse. Wiped out and waiting to go back to work to relax. Had a good time sober and saved a bunch of money by nursing a soda through the game.

Day 14 is about to be in the books.

I am using this as a social experiment that I am sure will back fire in my face.  My wife is one to complain when I don't notice things that have changed with her.  Slightly different glasses, she losses a few pounds, bought a new outfit.....  Well she had been asking passive agressive questions about my drinking "So, how many of those do you have a night?" "How much rum do you put in there?"  I use an old black 20oz plastic cup (fancy I know) and would always alternate beween rum and cokes and water but you couldn't tell what I was drinking.  I did not mention to my wife that I was going to stop drinking in February. When I finished off the bottle of rum on the 1st I left it empty on top of the fridge, and still use the same plastic cup to drink water every night.  So far she hasn't mentioned anything.

I also started doing Intermittent fasting on the 3rd, and did not mention that to her either.   I would always make popcorn, or eat trail mix, dry cereal, something while watching TV at night. Stopped doing that and she is yet to notice or comment.

I am using this as a social experiment that I am sure will back fire in my face.  My wife is one to complain when I don't notice things that have changed with her.  Slightly different glasses, she losses a few pounds, bought a new outfit.....  Well she had been asking passive agressive questions about my drinking "So, how many of those do you have a night?" "How much rum do you put in there?"  I use an old black 20oz plastic cup (fancy I know) and would always alternate beween rum and cokes and water but you couldn't tell what I was drinking.  I did not mention to my wife that I was going to stop drinking in February. When I finished off the bottle of rum on the 1st I left it empty on top of the fridge, and still use the same plastic cup to drink water every night.  So far she hasn't mentioned anything.

I also started doing Intermittent fasting on the 3rd, and did not mention that to her either.   I would always make popcorn, or eat trail mix, dry cereal, something while watching TV at night. Stopped doing that and she is yet to notice or comment.
So you're a lesbian?

This is Day 17 for me, with 17 days to go. So after today, I'm on the downhill.

I've only lost 4 pounds but I feel significantly less bloated and my button down shirts now have buttons that are straining a little less around the belly.

Problem on the horizon is that starting Saturday I have 6 of the next 9 days off. Gotta stay busy.

I’m Surprised at how disinterested I’ve been in drinking, even when in small & large group settings among other people drinking. Maybe I’m just getting old. 

I’m Surprised at how disinterested I’ve been in drinking, even when in small & large group settings among other people drinking. Maybe I’m just getting old. 
My hangovers have gotten so brutal and taken fewer drinks as I have gotten older, that it has taken a chunk of the fun out of drinking. Some would call it a blessing, but I do miss the social aspect of it.

My hangovers have gotten so brutal and taken fewer drinks as I have gotten older, that it has taken a chunk of the fun out of drinking. Some would call it a blessing, but I do miss the social aspect of it.
Right on.   Cutting back on drinking has been easy as I age.   The hangovers were punishing and cause for missing not just mornings but the entire next day after a good night.   I don’t miss drinking in excess at all.   

General Malaise said:
@Smoo and @urbanhack are heading over to Chez Malaise tonight for Smash Burgers before we head out to watch NHL action.  I don't think any of us are drinking booze.  Should be a wang dang doodle tonight!
i envy you, your weed.  i don't like it.  therefore, sober feb, is just that, sober.  been fairly easy so far.   :shrug:   

i envy you, your weed.  i don't like it.  therefore, sober feb, is just that, sober.  been fairly easy so far.   :shrug:   
Thing is, I don't really smoke/vape all that much anymore.  Might pop a small edible here and there, but they are very mild.  This is the third month in the last 13 that I've gone without alcohol and I rather enjoy it.  Clear head, great sleep, reading a LOT...I may take some concepts of intermittent fasting and employ them with alcohol.  Go month on, month off and see how that feels.  I dunno.  The money saved alone is a nice carrot for this.

Thing is, I don't really smoke/vape all that much anymore.  Might pop a small edible here and there, but they are very mild.  This is the third month in the last 13 that I've gone without alcohol and I rather enjoy it.  Clear head, great sleep, reading a LOT...I may take some concepts of intermittent fasting and employ them with alcohol.  Go month on, month off and see how that feels.  I dunno.  The money saved alone is a nice carrot for this.
still envy those that enjoy the herb.  i've always been wound pretty tight.  i'm perfect for something that might mellow one out a bit.  alas, i can't stand the stuff.   :kicksrock:

General Malaise said:
@Smoo and @urbanhack are heading over to Chez Malaise tonight for Smash Burgers before we head out to watch NHL action.  I don't think any of us are drinking booze.  Should be a wang dang doodle tonight!
I might have 1 or 2...but my intake of alcoholic beverages is pretty much nil Sunday through Friday.

Have you spent any time with a bud tender who can listen to you and offer suggestions?  
no.  i gave up trying to find something i liked, years ago. i have always hated smoking anything, so that's out. things have changed, with the edibles,  maybe i'll give it a shot.   :shrug:   

ok brohans tonight is going to be a hard one because either you want to have one with your lady or brohan or you dont have a lady or brohan and want to drink it off but lets get through this and come out clean on the other side take that to the bank bromigos

ok brohans tonight is going to be a hard one because either you want to have one with your lady or brohan or you dont have a lady or brohan and want to drink it off but lets get through this and come out clean on the other side take that to the bank bromigos
What's your alternative beverage of choice so far, Bromigo?  

Day 21 for me with the early start, 13 to go.

I think lost more weight in the last week (4.5) than in the first 2 weeks combined (3). Not sure if my metabolism just took a while to kick in or it's other factors like coworkers bringing in less food to share.

Aside from an urge Friday after work, this week has been pretty easy. Really just trying to deal with boredom. Definitely sleeping longer.

Still going well. down ~10lbs and feel great. 

Taking a 48hr hiatus for a Bach party in Atlanta for a wedding I'm standing in. Then back on the wagon.

May keep it going to Fri March 6th as makeup. May not. Will see :)  

Users who are viewing this thread