What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Men's Watches - $200 and under (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
Shopping for a nice metal-band watch in the sub $200 range that looks as good with jeans/T as it does with a suit...and came across these watches at Macy's earlier today.

Skagen - Titanium

- Nice band / Clean face (not too" blingy")

- Titanium Design (very lightweight)

- Ultrathin face (hate huge faces that flop around)

- Neutral colors

Can be had as cheap as $115 through Amazon.com.

Curious what thoughts were on this.. and what others you guys may suggest. Fossil's are not an option.

I have a couple Skagens actually... one a bit similar to your link, with a blue face. The other is a leather band square face. Both were less than 140 and Ive always liked them. My fav in the price category.

Swatch also makes some nice watches in the sub $200 category (as long as you don't care about movement).

Check out thismonster, it has a 47 mm face.

Shopping for a nice metal-band watch in the sub $200 range that looks as good with jeans/T as it does with a suit...and came across these watches at Macy's earlier today.

Skagen - Titanium

- Neutral colors

Curious what thoughts were on this.. and what others you guys may suggest. Fossil's are not an option.
Nice looking watch. I have a Seiko Kinetic, the only question on the Skagens is what the crystal material is. I have had a watch that wasn't sapphire and one that is, the one that wasn't got a lot of scratches on it while my Seiko has no although the band has a bunch.

Swatch also makes some nice watches in the sub $200 category (as long as you don't care about movement).

Check out thismonster, it has a 47 mm face.
the 38mm face on this Skagen is probably as large as I want to go... prob want to stick to the 36-40mm range.

Skagen - Titanium

- Neutral colors

Nice looking watch. I have a Seiko Kinetic, the only question on the Skagens is what the crystal material is. I have had a watch that wasn't sapphire and one that is, the one that wasn't got a lot of scratches on it while my Seiko has no although the band has a bunch.
Not sure.. they touted the "extra hardened mineral crystal" on the tag, but no mention is made of the material. Looking at the lifetime warranty the crystal is not covered and is $25 to replace if needed.

I have a couple Skagens actually... one a bit similar to your link, with a blue face. The other is a leather band square face. Both were less than 140 and Ive always liked them. My fav in the price category.
Keep good time? How have the crystals held up? etc...TIA :lmao:

Skagen - Titanium

- Neutral colors

that's a nice lookin' watch

I said no Fossils. Not very good watches IMHO. Were nice when I was in HS but wouldn't want to own one now. :(
Agree. I may have just gotten a bad one, but the ####ed thing had it's release hitch right in the middle of your wrist, so that every time you moved it, the thing would open and leave the whole watch dangling on your wrist. Quite possibly the most annoying watch ever assembled.

I have 2 Skagens, and bought my gf one a couple years ago. Love them.

Simple, well designed time pieces. You will see many architects and other designers wearing them.

i have a citizen eco-drive chronograph, which i wear almost everyday. runs like a top for the last 7 years and looks good. Same thing can be said for most Seiko's.

i've been looking for a new watch and love the look of this. This Tissot is a little more than $200 but at less than $300 it is a good deal.

I like the citizen eco and the Seikos for this price range and everyday use. When I dress up I do have a Tag and Breitling people have given me for graduation/wedding gifts. But If I where to wear one of the seikos or citizens to dress up I don't I would get a big bulky watch and a plain face without the dials.

Amazon.com is usually the best prices.

Usually good deal here. http://www.inventoryadjusters.com/StoreFro...265&c=24571

Last edited by a moderator:
Have two Movado Museums, one silver, one gold, both with black leather bands. Have one Rado Integra in black ceramic.
Nice looking pieces :mellow: but not really my style.
And none under $200.I own a two TAG's and an Omega, but who cares

For under $200 I would get this
Love the Seikos and that's a good price (although the auction has ended). Mine looks almost identical to this but it has a blue face.

PlayaHata said:
Wrigley said:
[icon] said:
Ditkaless Wonders said:
Have two Movado Museums, one silver, one gold, both with black leather bands. Have one Rado Integra in black ceramic.
Nice looking pieces :unsure: but not really my style.
And none under $200.I own a two TAG's and an Omega, but who cares

For under $200 I would get this
Love the Seikos and that's a good price (although the auction has ended). Mine looks almost identical to this but it has a blue face.
I figured you for the IceTek Spinner

[icon] said:
Eephus said:
Seiko SKX781/SKX779 "Monster"

Automatic, 200m diver, great bracelet, brilliant lume, fit & finish of a much more expensive watch.
:goodposting: Attractive peice of machining and no doubt a fantastic value but I might as well be wearing this around my wrist.

Too bulky... part of the attraction to the Skagens is the extremely light weight and low profile.
Are you running windsprints with the watch on?

Ditkaless Wonders said:
:bowtie: My lovely wife bought me a gold one on our anniversery two years ago.

Im done with Fossils and Guess.

The new styles seem to go for these giant dials with giant numbers. ugh... why?

I think I just need to pony up and drop 400 for a nice one.

I guess Tag Hauer and Seiko top my list. Movado is too up there.

Anything else?

[icon] said:
Eephus said:

Automatic, 200m diver, great bracelet, brilliant lume, fit & finish of a much more expensive watch.
:whistle: Attractive peice of machining and no doubt a fantastic value but I might as well be wearing this around my wrist.

Too bulky... part of the attraction to the Skagens is the extremely light weight and low profile.
Yes.

[icon] said:
Eephus said:

:violin: Attractive peice of machining and no doubt a fantastic value but I might as well be wearing this around my wrist.

Yes.
####, I turn 35 in a month. Walking up stairs = windsprints.

I was looking at the Seiko Monster. I could prolly cope it for about $160 and its seems like it worth more than that. I like me some goddy watches...just dont know if this ones too much...

Users who are viewing this thread