What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Men's Watches - $200 and under (1 Viewer)

I ordered one of those supermirror watches and it stopped working after about three months. So i shook it really hard and it fell out of my hand onto the floor, and all the hour indicator numbers fell off. :lmao:

I think I'll stick to Seikos and Citizen or whatever. I liked the links to the Seiko direct from Japan, anyone have experience with the Seiko automatics?

I ordered one of those supermirror watches and it stopped working after about three months. So i shook it really hard and it fell out of my hand onto the floor, and all the hour indicator numbers fell off. :lmao:

I think I'll stick to Seikos and Citizen or whatever. I liked the links to the Seiko direct from Japan, anyone have experience with the Seiko automatics?
I have a couple of Seiko Divers, the SKX781 Orange Monster and the SKX009K2 Pepsi Bezel. Zero issues with either of them. Very solid, everyday watches for the money.

I pulled the trigger on the Oris Artelier Date today. Went back to my local authorized dealer and showed him the watchmaxx.com price of $1081 on the watch. I got him to come down to $1250 sized and out the door (from the $1300 out the door we ended at yesterday after his original price of $1380 as 20 percent off retail). So basically it comes to $150 more than the gray market site, and I think that's worth it. Especially since I don't think watchmaxx actually has the watch on hand and watchmaxx lists an incorrect retail price. The local dealer ordered the watch and it should arrive in 7-10 days. My first automatic watch!
Nice. I really like automatics... the fact that it's a machine on your wrist that relies on nothing other than your natural motion is very cool to me. Plus that clear case back letting you see everything in motion adds another great element.That said, once you start building a collection (more than two, I'd say), invest in a winder. You can get a two watch winder off Amazon for maybe $50-60 and it will save you having to reset your time and date every time you put on a different watch.I started collecting a year or two ago and now have three Seiko automatics (an Orange Monster, a Pepsi bezel and an older one I bought with my first "real" paycheck), a quartz Victorinox infantry watch that my wife bought me as well as my Cartier Roadster.Looking to add an Armida A1 or a Helson Shark Diver to the mix soon.
Bump for George Jefferson Airplane.I ended up buying the Armida A1 as well as a VSA Dive Master automatic. The Dive Master and Armida get worn the most... probably need to unload one or two others. :bag:

That Dive Master looks pretty cool. It's funny looking back on that post on my first automatic watch. A year and a half later, I'm up to six watches with six different color dials: http://i.imgur.com/1FUCHib.jpg. From left to right: Stowa Marine Automatic, Orient Blue Mako, Oris Artelier Date, Seiko SARB017 Alpinist, Orient Marshall, Graf Zeppelin Hindenburg LZ129 7060-4. I'd say the Blue Mako has gotten the most wear because it's the one I'll wear in more casual situations without a care. It's the one I'll take on the train to visit my girlfriend for the weekend. The Stowa gets the second most wrist time. It just has a great feel to it with such a comfortable strap, plus it goes well with more of my outfits than any of the others.

Buncha good knockoffs here.

I actually found almost 30 of them I like equally. And they look no different than the watches selling for several thousand dollars on Ebay. :shrug:
Evidently, I have pretty good taste. :shock: Of the 30 watches I liked, I narrowed it down to these two. (Same Rolex replica.... just a different color dial).

Turns out, it's one of the rarest and most desired Rolex models. I can see why.... very sharp. Here are some eBay listings for the real thing.

My question is, do you guys like the white dial or the black dial better?

That Dive Master looks pretty cool. It's funny looking back on that post on my first automatic watch. A year and a half later, I'm up to six watches with six different color dials: http://i.imgur.com/1FUCHib.jpg. From left to right: Stowa Marine Automatic, Orient Blue Mako, Oris Artelier Date, Seiko SARB017 Alpinist, Orient Marshall, Graf Zeppelin Hindenburg LZ129 7060-4. I'd say the Blue Mako has gotten the most wear because it's the one I'll wear in more casual situations without a care. It's the one I'll take on the train to visit my girlfriend for the weekend. The Stowa gets the second most wrist time. It just has a great feel to it with such a comfortable strap, plus it goes well with more of my outfits than any of the others.
Are all of those in play when wearing a nice suit, or would you lean to the silver in that situation over the leather bands?

Are all of those in play when wearing a nice suit, or would you lean to the silver in that situation over the leather bands?
I'll wear the Stowa, Oris and Zeppelin with suits. I'd wear the Seiko with suits if I had any green in my suits/shirts/ties, but I don't. And the others I just see as a little to cheap/casual for suits. Leather straps certainly go fine with suits. I'll wear my navy blue suit, walnut Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenues and the Stowa. The strap goes well with my shoes and belt, and the blue hands with the suit. I wouldn't wear a brown strap with black shoes.

Finally followed Eephus' advise and got a watch from Seiko direct in Japan. Terrific automatic that is simple, sporty, and a nice dress watch also.

I've been looking for a brown watch for a couple of years, ordered a Victorinox which was great looking, but the 37mm casing was just too small for my wrist. The Seiko is 40mm which is probably the minimum for me.

I don't think I'll ever buy another quartz FWIW. Next watch is a Breitling, I have a fund building for one now. Maybe in five years, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up both of these. This is my third trip on the white one (used to cost 80 bucks; I get rid of them when the band starts to get shredded up). 

Otis doesn’t mind spending loot, but I’ll never get the expensive watch thing. They all tell time, and these look just as nice with my suit, and when they break or whatever I just throw them out and buy a new one (they used to be 80 bucks; damned inflation). 

Bulova Men's Quartz Stainless Steel and Leather Casual Watch, Color:Black (Model: 96B262) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I83F7EE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Eks3Ab7QFMY8E

Bulova Men's 96B104 Stainless Steel Dress Watch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IDTUHG?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

i forgot to mention picking this last year. mecha-quartz movement here with the panda dial.it's thicker than i like but the movement is unique. kind of a lark.

That’s really nice. I’ve been looking for a watch with date, day and month. This looks to be a great option. Tell me more. Any issues? Anything that you like more than you thought you would?
It keeps very accurate time. The only thing I don’t like is the date and month are controlled at the pins, so if you bump them during the course of the day, it advances. 

Users who are viewing this thread