What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Save your dog or a stranger (1 Viewer)

If you could only save one, would you save a stranger or your dog?

• I have had or currently have a dog, and would save the dog

Votes: 52 60.5%
  • I have had or currently have a dog, and would save the stranger

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • I have never had a dog, and would save the dog

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I have never had a dog, and would save the stranger

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters
I have had my dog for almost 11 years and we have been through thick and thick. Save the dog, hands down!

Depends on the dog. The dog I had growing up I'd be very tempted to choose over a stranger, but would probably not do so. The mutt we have now I'd be willing to sacrifice just to get rid of the hiccups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stranger. Easy. I had the same dog from age 4 - 19 and I loved him to death, but he doesn't have a wife, kids, mother, father in his life. Especially if it's a child or a young adult. They have their whole life ahead of them. Dogs are lucky to live a decade.

I would save the human and I really like dogs, its still a dog though.

Depends on the dog. The dog I had growing up I'd be very tempted to choose over a stranger, but would probably not do so. The mutt we have now I'd be willing to sacrifice just to get rid of the hiccups.
Seriously. Since the baby, I've found that my dogs are much more of an annoyance than they used to be.

I've had a few dogs and still wonder about anyone that would not save another human being.
The human mind is a weird and strange place. I personally have a dog and would save my dog over a stranger without a moment's hesitation.
so you would rather live with the image of some lady dieing because you choose to save a dog? that is wierd to me anyways. even if its your dog its still just an animal.

I just got my first dog and love him but would definitely save the stranger. Although since my dog is purebred of complete awesomeness he would save the stranger then save himself.

I have 2 dogs, and love them both, but how in the world could you save a dog over a person? This better go down as voluntary manslaughter if the situation ever came up and the person saved the dog. If you were in trouble, and someone saved their dog rather than you, you'd understand?

I've had a few dogs and still wonder about anyone that would not save another human being.
Pretty scary, huh? Maybe a better question would be "how many pro-lifers would save their dog over a human being"? I bet it's close to 0%This question IMO boils down to a person's view of the sanctity of human life. Someone choosing to save a dog over a human would have no problem aborting a baby as they would have no emotional connection to the unborn child.

Pretty scary, huh? Maybe a better question would be "how many pro-lifers would save their dog over a human being"? I bet it's close to 100%This question IMO boils down to a person's view of the sanctity of human life. Someone choosing to save a dog over a human would have no problem aborting a baby as they would have no emotional connection to the unborn child.
Uh-oh ...

The human mind is a weird and strange place. I personally have a dog and would save my dog over a stranger without a moment's hesitation.
so you would rather live with the image of some lady dieing because you choose to save a dog? that is wierd to me anyways. even if its your dog its still just an animal.
I don't see it that way personally. It's a weird and compliated arguement for sure. Someone brought up abortion already and it's an interesting point. I also got into a debate with some others on here and some people feel that it's alright to blow some kids head off for breaking into your house to steal booze...be interesting to see what they thought.Personally I just feel dogs are better than people....

Pretty scary, huh? Maybe a better question would be "how many pro-lifers would save their dog over a human being"? I bet it's close to 100%This question IMO boils down to a person's view of the sanctity of human life. Someone choosing to save a dog over a human would have no problem aborting a baby as they would have no emotional connection to the unborn child.
You're betting close to 100% of pro-lifers would choose the dog? Or did you mean to say "pro-choicers"?Pro-Life, Dog-Owner-And-Lover, Save-The-Drowning-Human here. Bringing down the percentage, apparently :headbang:

Actually, this may be backward. They HAVE an emotional connection to the dog, it's their dog. No emotional connection to the stranger.I'd try and save the dog - I can't swim, so likely the 3 of us are all going down anyway. At least the dog is lighter, and we might make it if I get lucky. Plus I know that I tried my best trying to save my buddy, and we likely die together. Drowning with a stranger isn't nearly as appealing.

Pretty scary, huh? Maybe a better question would be "how many pro-lifers would save their dog over a human being"? I bet it's close to 0%This question IMO boils down to a person's view of the sanctity of human life. Someone choosing to save a dog over a human would have no problem aborting a baby as they would have no emotional connection to the unborn child.
Actually, this may be backward. They HAVE an emotional connection to the dog, it's their dog. No emotional connection to the stranger.I'd try and save the dog - I can't swim, so likely the 3 of us are all going down anyway. At least the dog is lighter, and we might make it if I get lucky. Plus I know that I tried my best trying to save my buddy, and we likely die together.

Drowning with a stranger isn't nearly as appealing.
Fixed. Had it backwards. Meant 0%

Stranger. Easy. I had the same dog from age 4 - 19 and I loved him to death, but he doesn't have a wife, kids, mother, father in his life. Especially if it's a child or a young adult. They have their whole life ahead of them. Dogs are lucky to live a decade.
:rolleyes:

people voting to save the dog...

if your dog was sick and needed to be put to sleep and you had the chance to save the dog by putting a random stranger to sleep, you would put the person down instead? correct?

people voting to save the dog...if your dog was sick and needed to be put to sleep and you had the chance to save the dog by putting a random stranger to sleep, you would put the person down instead? correct?
well that would be murder, so i'm not so sure it's the same thing...it's survival of the fittest in its truest sense. the person fell in and is drowning and is stupider than the dog becuase the dog is at least smart enough to travel with someone they know will take care of them...

people voting to save the dog...if your dog was sick and needed to be put to sleep and you had the chance to save the dog by putting a random stranger to sleep, you would put the person down instead? correct?
well that would be murder, so i'm not so sure it's the same thing...it's survival of the fittest in its truest sense. the person fell in and is drowning and is stupider than the dog becuase the dog is at least smart enough to travel with someone they know will take care of them...
you are still picking the dog or the person in either case. its basically the same thing imo...

you are still picking the dog or the person in either case. its basically the same thing imo...
It's not even close to the same thing. In one scenario some idiot has fallen into the water, in the other scenario you have pushed him into the water....

Nigel Tufnel said:
Seriously. Since the baby, I've found that my dogs are much more of an annoyance than they used to be.
:bag: We used to treat our pets like kids until we actually had kids. Now they could disappear for a week and I wouldnt even notice. Certainly wont be replacing them when they depart either.

Nigel Tufnel said:
:headbang: We used to treat our pets like kids until we actually had kids. Now they could disappear for a week and I wouldnt even notice. Certainly wont be replacing them when they depart either.
This is 100% correct

Users who are viewing this thread