What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFFL: FINANCIAL ISSUES AND CONCERNS (2 Viewers)

Curiosity bump about the 2008 'winners' and what ended up happening.

This doubles as a cautionary bump as well.

-QG

how this thread was moved out of the shark pool is a travesty.

Curiosity bump about the 2008 'winners' and what ended up happening.This doubles as a cautionary bump as well.-QG
won another $6-700 or so, no money yet or even notification about when its supposed to be coming. On the other hand, i have $9500 coming from WCOFF and havent received that either, so might be too early to sound the alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curiosity bump about the 2008 'winners' and what ended up happening.This doubles as a cautionary bump as well.-QG
won another $6-700 or so, no money yet or even notification about when its supposed to be coming. On the other hand, i have $9500 coming from WCOFF and havent received that either, so might be too early to sound the alarm.
obviously curious what happened (if anything) this time.GL, GB-QG

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I feel I should keep eveybody up to date on this issue.

I received my winnings from CHICAGO FANTASY SPORTS LLC (AFFL) this afternoon. I deposited the check into my bank today. Once the check clears I will post in this thread to confirm; it may take several days because of the size of the prize.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I feel I should keep eveybody up to date on this issue.

I received my winnings from CHICAGO FANTASY SPORTS LLC (AFFL) this afternoon. I deposited the check into my bank today. Once the check clears I will post in this thread to confirm; it may take several days because of the size of the prize.
:moneybag: Well played Mr.Golab/Mr. Smolarczyk, well played!

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I feel I should keep eveybody up to date on this issue. I received my winnings from CHICAGO FANTASY SPORTS LLC (AFFL) this afternoon. I deposited the check into my bank today. Once the check clears I will post in this thread to confirm; it may take several days because of the size of the prize.
Monday Morning Update:The funds became available and I withdrew on the deposit this morning.I was extremely disappointed last year when the previous commish of AFFL did not make payment, as I was owed over $5000. I heard all of the arguments about taking legal action, but decided in the end to roll over my winnings into "store credits" which became my teams for the 2008 contest. I ended up winning over $10,000, and those are the funds which became available today. Normally, I would simply feel extremely fortunate and go about my business privately, but I wanted to take a moment to commend Wade and Rob publically (in front of the best fantasy community on the internet IMO) because they took a risk and saved the reputation of a high-stakes contest in our field of interest. I compete in most of the national high-stakes fantasy tournaments and know first-hand the kind of damage non-payment can do to our industry. I'm pleased to say that I'm looking forward to competing in their contest in 2009

awaiting the update from aerolaw...-QG
We did get paid by the date promised. Unfortunately, there is now another high stakes contest that has been around a while that has not paid its winners yet, and are offering no date on which to expect payment. All they are saying is they have always paid, so dont worry. I am not going to name them at this point, hoping for the best.

We did get paid by the date promised. Unfortunately, there is now another high stakes contest that has been around a while that has not paid its winners yet, and are offering no date on which to expect payment. All they are saying is they have always paid, so dont worry. I am not going to name them at this point, hoping for the best.
Glad ya got paid - hope it works out with the other one!

Which other high stakes contest has yet to pay its winners?

The SHOW EVERYONE has been waiting for...

TONIGHT... on REDvsBLUE...

SPECIAL GUESTS... the NEW OWNERS of the AFFL.

Who are they?

Are they involved in some way with Neil Wickham?

Why did they buy the AFFL with such a damaged name?

Why were the free entries offered?

What questions do you have for them?

What do you want to say to them?

Join our LIVE chat or call the show LIVE at 347-324-5404. This should be a good one!

Tonight, Friday, 6/26/2009 at 11pm EST.

Here's tonight's link: SPECIAL INVESTIGATIVE SHOW - The NEW AFFL

If you miss the show, it's archived on our show page at: SHOWPAGE -

Make sure and subscribe to our show! Click the iTunes button this week and I'll give you a FREE subscription!

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Stephen McGarvey and I was the Gold winner ($75,000 plus the trophy) in the 2007 season. Despite what many of you may have heard, I was never compensated as being a grand prize winner. For the first year, I tried to work with the new owners, but they did not hold up their end of the bargain and were dishonest. I have been actively pursuing a lawsuit for the last few months and spoke to two of my lawyers today who told me that although I have an excellent case, it would be in my best interest to file the lawsuit in the state of Nevada since that is where AFFL was originally registered. I am reaching out to the football community to ask if anyone knows of anyone that practices law in Nevada that could help me. I would appreciate any help. You can email me at steve_mcgarvey@comcast.net.

Thanks, Stephen

My name is Stephen McGarvey and I was the Gold winner ($75,000 plus the trophy) in the 2007 season. Despite what many of you may have heard, I was never compensated as being a grand prize winner. For the first year, I tried to work with the new owners, but they did not hold up their end of the bargain and were dishonest. I have been actively pursuing a lawsuit for the last few months and spoke to two of my lawyers today who told me that although I have an excellent case, it would be in my best interest to file the lawsuit in the state of Nevada since that is where AFFL was originally registered. I am reaching out to the football community to ask if anyone knows of anyone that practices law in Nevada that could help me. I would appreciate any help. You can email me at steve_mcgarvey@comcast.net. Thanks, Stephen
Stephen,If we were so dishonest with you why did you play with us last year. What is it we did that was so dishonest? You never once called me with any complaints or questions. I know your complaint is with the old owner but I would like to help patch things up with us. You can call me anytime.

My name is Stephen McGarvey and I was the Gold winner ($75,000 plus the trophy) in the 2007 season. Despite what many of you may have heard, I was never compensated as being a grand prize winner. For the first year, I tried to work with the new owners, but they did not hold up their end of the bargain and were dishonest. I have been actively pursuing a lawsuit for the last few months and spoke to two of my lawyers today who told me that although I have an excellent case, it would be in my best interest to file the lawsuit in the state of Nevada since that is where AFFL was originally registered. I am reaching out to the football community to ask if anyone knows of anyone that practices law in Nevada that could help me. I would appreciate any help. You can email me at steve_mcgarvey@comcast.net. Thanks, Stephen
Stephen,If we were so dishonest with you why did you play with us last year. What is it we did that was so dishonest? You never once called me with any complaints or questions. I know your complaint is with the old owner but I would like to help patch things up with us. You can call me anytime.
This might have something to do with him not getting paid the amount he won ($75,000).He won the money and should have been paid - regardless of anything else.

Maybe he played because he was led to believe he would be paid, and decided to have faith. Lots of reasons he might have played despite the circumstances.

The issue with the 07 prize winners has been resolved. 08 prize winners have been paid. Renaming the contest was something Wade and I discussed but will probably keep the name as is. We feel we worked hard to do all that we could to save it and will keep the name the same. We changed the software some, where it is now more like a commissioner product that we will be unveiling late in August and looking for people to beta test it this year for us.

Well, I never did get paid my 2007 winnings ($700) after months of being led that I just might. Although, I was offered a $700 credit which I did use to purchase teams in various leagues for 2008. Did not have much luck in last years fantasy season, but did manage to win a couple hundred dollars. Check was received in a timely manner. Although, there was one glitch...I deposited an unsigned check and it bounced and was charged $10. Wade/Bob did re-issue another check immediately and also sent me another check for my $10.

Yes, I will more than likely participate in a couple of leagues with the AFFL again this year and just hope for the best. Seems like the 2008 season was a success for the new owners and hopefully 2009 is as well!

The issue with the 07 prize winners has been resolved. 08 prize winners have been paid. Renaming the contest was something Wade and I discussed but will probably keep the name as is. We feel we worked hard to do all that we could to save it and will keep the name the same. We changed the software some, where it is now more like a commissioner product that we will be unveiling late in August and looking for people to beta test it this year for us.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread