What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL IV (1 Viewer)

NorrisB

Footballguy
Here's my team so far:

Jay Cutler, QB13, DEN

Marshawn Lynch, RB12, BUF

Terrell Owens, WR3, DAL

Calvin "CJ2" Johnson, WR17, DET

Anthony Gonzalez, WR32, INDY

Chris Cooley, TE5, WASH

Pretty solid start for me so far, I think the team is going to look real good when Im done. :bag:

Here's my team so far:

Jay Cutler, QB13, DEN

Terrell Owens, WR3, DAL

Chris Cooley, TE5, WASH

Pretty solid start for me so far, I think the team is going to look real good when Im done. :confused:
Solid 2nd place potential.

Whos going to play QB for you jeff when Anderson gets benched, you should have taken someone safer Pasquino

I like that squad so far Norris. Here is mine-

Garrard

Jones Drew

F Taylor

Wayne

Jennings

Holmes

I like the talent, but my later round picks are going to have to be good ones to combat the Jags issue.

I like that squad so far Norris. Here is mine-GarrardJones DrewF TaylorWayneJenningsHolmesI like the talent, but my later round picks are going to have to be good ones to combat the Jags issue.
You're really going to suffer on Jax bye week, even with backups.

Whos going to play QB for you jeff when Anderson gets benched, you should have taken someone safer Pasquino
Sure there is risk with DA, but given his numbers last year, and that he was QB5-7 in WSLs 1, 2 and 3 I couldn't pass on him at QB10.

Risky, but let's roll with it.

Tony Romo, QB4, DAL

Clinton Portis, RB9. WASH

Roddy White, WR23, ATL

Santana Moss, WR29, WAS

Derrick Mason, WR 35, BAL

Antonio Gates, TE1, SD

Probably the best QB, RB, and TE combos. WRs will have to surprise some, but I think I have 3 solid #2's with some 1 potential.

5.09 Derek Anderson, QB, CLE

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

4.08 Earnest Graham, RB, TB

2.09 TJ Houshmandzadeh, WR, CIN

3.09 Chad Johnson, WR, CIN

6.08 Joey Galloway, WR, TB

Far from done, but two starting RBs that have 50+ PPR points likely and arguably the best 3 WR combo I've seen in a 16 team survivor in a long, long time and I'm off to a roaring good start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Risky, but let's roll with it.Tony Romo, QB4, DALClinton Portis, RB9. WASHRoddy White, WR23, ATLSantana Moss, WR29, WASDerrick Mason, WR 35, BALAntonio Gates, TE1, SDProbably the best QB, RB, and TE combos. WRs will have to surprise some, but I think I have 3 solid #2's with some 1 potential.
Im not a big fan of your WRs, I think Roddy White had an "Antonio Bryant" 07' and I dont expect him to repeat that. Mason meh, I think theres a good possiblility that he's cut. I just think there were players on the board there. I thought about taking Gates but his production since Chambers came in scared me off, but you cant pass on him there. Looks pretty solid.

Here's my team so far:

Jay Cutler, QB13, DEN

Terrell Owens, WR3, DAL

Chris Cooley, TE5, WASH

Pretty solid start for me so far, I think the team is going to look real good when Im done. :yes:
my take:Solid QB,RB1,TE,WR1

Calvin Johnson at WR17 off the board will disappoint. As will AgonzoJr.

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Far from done, but two starting RBs that have 50+ PPR points likely and arguably the best 3 WR combo I've seen in a 16 team survivor in a long, long time and I'm off to a roaring good start.
Anderson is fine. Bush in PPR is $. I like Graham to get the bulk in TB

TJ/Chad seem odd on the same team, not sure who was left but Joey Galloway is out of steam.

Hope TB and Cincy dont have the same bye

Risky, but let's roll with it.Tony Romo, QB4, DALClinton Portis, RB9. WASHRoddy White, WR23, ATLSantana Moss, WR29, WASDerrick Mason, WR 35, BALAntonio Gates, TE1, SDProbably the best QB, RB, and TE combos. WRs will have to surprise some, but I think I have 3 solid #2's with some 1 potential.
QB,TE, and Cpo are great picks.those Wr are fugly.

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

TJ/Chad seem odd on the same team, not sure who was left but Joey Galloway is out of steam.

Now THAT would suck.I'd put $$ on me not having more TB or CIN players, but I'm not 100% certain...

I like that squad so far Norris. Here is mine-GarrardJones DrewF TaylorWayneJenningsHolmesI like the talent, but my later round picks are going to have to be good ones to combat the Jags issue.
Stout WR'sthen a bunch of Jags. Would have made the effort to bust up the Jaguar trio.

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Now THAT would suck.I'd put $$ on me not having more TB or CIN players, but I'm not 100% certain...
goto your shark pool thread. I dont think that anything will prevent it

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Wait, Galloway out of steam?1,000+ yard receiver as my WR3. He's 36, yes, but he was the #21 FBG scoring WR last year.

Biggest thing:

2006: 16 games, 62 catches, 1057 yards (17.0 YPC), 7 TDs on 142 targets

2007: 15 games, 57 catches, 1014 yards (17.8 YPC), 6 TDs on 98 targets

He should be at 60-1050-6 again this season, if not slightly better.

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Wait, Galloway out of steam?1,000+ yard receiver as my WR3. He's 36, yes, but he was the #21 FBG scoring WR last year.

Biggest thing:

2006: 16 games, 62 catches, 1057 yards (17.0 YPC), 7 TDs on 142 targets

2007: 15 games, 57 catches, 1014 yards (17.8 YPC), 6 TDs on 98 targets

He should be at 60-1050-6 again this season, if not slightly better.
Im usually all about drafting Vets rather then the uber upside guy. But as someone who owned galloway in a couple h2h leagues, he seemed to flame out down the stretch and in the playoffs. A drop by 44 targets with a better QB isnt that good IMO

Geez more risk Jeff. You should be playing it safe, and not adding players from the same team, drafting QBs who's future is uncertain + regressed down the stretch finishing QB14 last 6 weeks. Also wasnt it one of your arguments against Rivers, that he would be worse in his second year due to teams having more tape on him, yet you dont think it applies to DA?

Geez more risk Jeff. You should be playing it safe, and not adding players from the same team, drafting QBs who's future is uncertain + regressed down the stretch finishing QB14 last 6 weeks. Also wasnt it one of your arguments against Rivers, that he would be worse in his second year due to teams having more tape on him, yet you dont think it applies to DA?
Jeff was dead wrong on Rivers and he wont ever admit that, much like Lhucks

3.13 Carson Palmer, QB, CIN

1.13 Willie Parker, RB, PIT

4.04 Brandon Jacobs, RB, NYG

2.04 Larry Fitzgerald, WR, ARI (??)

5.13 Laveraneus Coles, WR, NYJ

6.04 Owen Daniels, TE, HOU

I'm looking for Fast Willie to find the EZ a few more times next year and be a top 10 back, and hope Coles and Jacobs can give me a full season. I liked Daniels as the last tier 2 TE, and had to grab him in that spot.

Here's my team so far:

Jay Cutler, QB13, DEN

Terrell Owens, WR3, DAL

Chris Cooley, TE5, WASH

Pretty solid start for me so far, I think the team is going to look real good when Im done. :unsure:
my take:Solid QB,RB1,TE,WR1

Calvin Johnson at WR17 off the board will disappoint. As will AgonzoJr.
Calvin finished WR36 so he cant disappoint more then that, if you look at his rookie year it looks pretty damn like Torry Holt who finished with 1600+ YDs his next season. I think he has very little risk imo only thing that might be a possibility is a QB change but I doubt it. All the WRs past WR 15 or so have their share of issues. Anthony might be a little risky but my gut tells me Harrison's done, and Anthony will be a lock for top 20 production. I got to go with my instincts. We'll see I guess.

my first WSL and only my 2nd 16 team league draft ever - WSL, SSL, mock, for money, or otherwise. it's a good thing it's the 2nd, because in the first i picked baltimore D/ST in the 4th round. my first 3 picks got injured or underperformed and i placed a nice 15th. lol. basically i'm a total noob. so far i've got big ben, larry johnson, thomas jones, marques colston, brandon marshall. my 6th round pick is coming up.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
NorrisB said:
:lmao:You can't be serious.My argument was ALWAYS that he was a bad fantasy option for 2007, which was completely true.

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Disagree stronglyI'd put up R. Moss, Roy, and Evans up against your 3, and they are nowhere near "the best combo you've ever seen in a 16 team survivor in a long time"

I couldn't tell you what, or who it was, but I think the Pasq love fest is getting to your head some.

I ended up with Fitz, Chad and Evans in WSL 1, I'd put that up against your 3 also.

Slow your roll some Jeff. You got a nice squad, but I wouldn't get crazy just yet. It's only round 6 after all.

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Disagree stronglyI'd put up R. Moss, Roy, and Evans up against your 3, and they are nowhere near "the best combo you've ever seen in a 16 team survivor in a long time"

I couldn't tell you what, or who it was, but I think the Pasq love fest is getting to your head some.

I ended up with Fitz, Chad and Evans in WSL 1, I'd put that up against your 3 also.

Slow your roll some Jeff. You got a nice squad, but I wouldn't get crazy just yet. It's only round 6 after all.
Ok, hadn't dissected that - what rounds did you get those 3 in?that's a very good group.

I'll have to peek at that team.

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Ok, hadn't dissected that - what rounds did you get those 3 in?that's a very good group.

Just looked - you got a really good team, as long as QB holds up. That looks to be your weakness.I'll admit I'm overzealous about my first 4 picks. You collected 3 of the Top 25 WRs in your draft along with ADP - I got to wait a little to get my 3rd, and it doesn't look as good as a result. I will put my Top 2 up against most anyone though (except on that bye week issue, of course).

Drafting for byes early is often a mistake with just one week of a problem, but you can't be blind to a potential issue there either.

Last year was my rookie year and my #1 lesson learned was that I won't be commenting about my teams this year until after the season. We'll see if I learned anything else or not then.

1.08 Frank Gore

4.09 Jonathan Stewart

6.09 Rashard Mendenhall

2.09 Andre Johnson

3.08 Plaxico Burress

5.08 Javon Walker

NorrisB said:
:blackdot:You can't be serious.My argument was ALWAYS that he was a bad fantasy option for 2007, which was completely true.
:WINK:he's a backup in 12 teamersim pretty sure Ive seen you slam his ability as well

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Just looked - you got a really good team, as long as QB holds up. That looks to be your weakness.I'll admit I'm overzealous about my first 4 picks. You collected 3 of the Top 25 WRs in your draft along with ADP - I got to wait a little to get my 3rd, and it doesn't look as good as a result. I will put my Top 2 up against most anyone though (except on that bye week issue, of course).

Drafting for byes early is often a mistake with just one week of a problem, but you can't be blind to a potential issue there either.
In WSL2, I got Housh, Colston and Evans. Any threesome involving Galloway will not be considered the best. A very good group, but not the best. In fact, I think my group here of Wayne, Jennings and Holmes is very close to Jeff's.

NorrisB said:
:censored: You can't be serious.My argument was ALWAYS that he was a bad fantasy option for 2007, which was completely true.
:WINK:he's a backup in 12 teamersim pretty sure Ive seen you slam his ability as well
Not to completely hijack this thing, but are you trying to say he's among the best?Realistically, he's an average starter right now.

NorrisB said:
:yes: You can't be serious.My argument was ALWAYS that he was a bad fantasy option for 2007, which was completely true.
Not to completely hijack this thing, but are you trying to say he's among the best?Realistically, he's an average starter right now.
We don't need to go there.....Save that 20-page thread for the Shark Pool.

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

In WSL2, I got Housh, Colston and Evans. Any threesome involving Galloway will not be considered the best. A very good group, but not the best. In fact, I think my group here of Wayne, Jennings and Holmes is very close to Jeff's.
Galloway in Best Ball >>> Galloway in redraft.

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Galloway in Best Ball >>> Galloway in redraft.
:yes:

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

Don't get me wrong either. I like your team and WR's. That statement was a little over the top for me though. Especially with how many of these I/we have all done with lots of top notch competition. I like a few of the teams out there, but it's still early. Gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out down the stretch.

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

:tfp: I like your team and Wr's also.

And Jeff has us both licked at the RB 2 spot IMO. Getting Graham that late could be huge for him.

Don't get me wrong either. I like your team and WR's. That statement was a little over the top for me though. Especially with how many of these I/we have all done with lots of top notch competition. I like a few of the teams out there, but it's still early. Gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out down the stretch.
Agreed on all counts. :rolleyes:BTW, your avatar is still $$.

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.09 Reggie Bush, RB, NO

:goodposting: I like your team and Wr's also.

And Jeff has us both licked at the RB 2 spot IMO. Getting Graham that late could be huge for him.
Getting Grahm is highly significant for me (and I'm really liking the middle picks in these right now).Jeter's WRs are $$ as well - when I saw who he was after (via his list) I saw these two. Both were briefly considered (SHolmes, Jennings) instead of Chad at my 3rd pick, but I just couldn't pass on 85.

I think both have a chance to surpass Chad this year.

7.08 Jake Delhomme

8.09 Trent Edwards

1.08 Frank Gore

4.09 Jonathan Stewart

6.09 Rashard Mendenhall

10.10 Chris Henry

2.09 Andre Johnson

3.08 Plaxico Burress

5.08 Javon Walker

9.08 L.J. Smith

dickey moe said:
Great WR corps.
Thanks DM. I'm hoping one of Stewart/Mendenhall is a day one starter, and the other one does no worse than RBBC. I still haven't done very many drafts (of any kind), but really wanted to try one where I stockpiled hard at RB and WR first. Lessons will be learned, I'm sure.

dickey moe said:
Great WR corps.
Thanks DM. I'm hoping one of Stewart/Mendenhall is a day one starter, and the other one does no worse than RBBC. I still haven't done very many drafts (of any kind), but really wanted to try one where I stockpiled hard at RB and WR first. Lessons will be learned, I'm sure.
it's a solid squad. you should survive pretty long

5.12 Brett Favre

8.05 Tavaris Jackson

1.12 Marion Barber

2.05 Ryan Grant

4.05 Jerricho Cotchery

6.05 Bernard Berrian

7.12 Deion Branch

3.12 Tony Gonzalez

Didn't plan on waiting until the 4th to get my first WR, but I felt there was no value there at the time and I couldn't pass up Grant and Gonzo in the 2nd and 3rd. I will need to hit on some late round WRs but I'm glad I didn't reach on them too early.

Users who are viewing this thread