Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larry_boy_44

***OFFICIAL*** Wrestling Draft Picks Thread

Waiting for hitmensharpshooters to pick in a wrestling draft is kind of like waiting for The Andulasian Dog to pick in an 80s album draft. A bit of the suspense is lost.

I was actually thinking about ruining everything for him :shrug:

Waiting for hitmensharpshooters to pick in a wrestling draft is kind of like waiting for The Andulasian Dog to pick in an 80s album draft. A bit of the suspense is lost.

lolprobably, but still.... we gotta wait...

Doesn't he have a 10 count to get in the ring?

You should edit your pick, and take the whole Hart Foundation.

Doesn't he have a 10 count to get in the ring?
no clock on weekends... lolduring the week I think its more like a 3,600 count or so... lol

he'd only get 2 people...and he'd have to use them as a tag team...

I was actually thinking about ruining everything for him :goodposting:
I know. I'm kidding.

I was actually thinking about ruining everything for him :goodposting:
I know. I'm kidding.
although, for the sake of "I WANT TO WIN!!" he should definately take the tag team lol

Done for the day. I'll check in first thing in the morning.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because see he's a Stylin', Profylin', Limousine Riding, Jet Flying, Kiss-Stealing, Wheelin' n' dealing' son of a gun...

I pick the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair...

And whether you like it not, learn to love it, because it is the best thing going.

:2001: A Space Odyssey Theme:

I was hoping Austin would fall to me.

Speaking of falling, how the heck did I get the 9th pick when I rolled 996??

Add contact

Sent:Fri 2/22/08 7:37 AM

Reply-to:larry_boy_44 at yahoo dot com

To: larry_boy_44 at yahoo dot com; ceisenhower66 at hotmail dooot com

Message summary: ceisenhower66 ============================================================1 rolls of 1d1000 (1 per line): 996

I was hoping Austin would fall to me.Speaking of falling, how the heck did I get the 9th pick when I rolled 996??

uh... um... uh...I don't see it anywhere in my mail... :rant: I'm sorry...

Did it go to your spam filter? Or did I screw up the email address? I got a copy, but it was in my spam filter first.

I checked teh spam filter, too... nothing...I believe you, just not sure what we could do since the draft started...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Because see he's a Stylin', Profylin', Limousine Riding, Jet Flying, Kiss-Stealing, Wheelin' n' dealing' son of a gun...I pick the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair...And whether you like it not, learn to love it, because it is the best thing going.WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2001: A Space Odyssey Theme:

Flair went 1.06?In a wrestling draft?Did some other guys before you get knocked upside the head with a pair of brass knuckles? Did Abdullah the Butcher slice them open with a pencil? Are they bleeding so profusely that they weren't aware of their picks? Are they bleeding a crimson mess?Guys! It is Ric Flair we are talking about. In a wrestling draft!Hulkster I can see but Flair falls to 1.06? :unsure:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Because see he's a Stylin', Profylin', Limousine Riding, Jet Flying, Kiss-Stealing, Wheelin' n' dealing' son of a gun...I pick the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair...And whether you like it not, learn to love it, because it is the best thing going.WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2001: A Space Odyssey Theme:

Flair went 1.06?In a wrestling draft?Did some other guys before you get knocked upside the head with a pair of brass knuckles? Did Abdullah the Butcher slice them open with a pencil? Are they bleeding so profusely that they weren't aware of their picks? Are they bleeding a crimson mess?Guys! It is Ric Flair we are talking about. In a wrestling draft!Hulkster I can see but Flair falls to 1.06? :lmao:
:unsure: I wasn't planning on picking Flair, but I couldn't pass him up...Hogan is 100% understandable...and at least Austin & Hart are ok if you are like absurdly massive fans of them...Virgil is a wasted pick unless your intention is to be horrible lolPiper is an ok pick, but a massive reach, IMO...But, hey, I'll have a great world title match, and we'll see what else I can pull off for my card (which is gonna be spectacular, BTW)

Piper is an ok pick, but a massive reach, IMO...

Listen brother, you ain't got nuthin' unless you got a no good, filthy rotten, s.o.b. heel like Piper as your anchor. He made Hogan in large part.

NO REACH HERE

Because see he's a Stylin', Profylin', Limousine Riding, Jet Flying, Kiss-Stealing, Wheelin' n' dealing' son of a gun...

I pick the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair...

And whether you like it not, learn to love it, because it is the best thing going.

:2001: A Space Odyssey Theme:

Flair went 1.06?

In a wrestling draft?

Did some other guys before you get knocked upside the head with a pair of brass knuckles?

Did Abdullah the Butcher slice them open with a pencil? Are they bleeding so profusely that they weren't aware of their picks? Are they bleeding a crimson mess?

Guys! It is Ric Flair we are talking about. In a wrestling draft!

Hulkster I can see but Flair falls to 1.06? :unsure:

:lmao:

I wasn't planning on picking Flair, but I couldn't pass him up...

Hogan is 100% understandable...

and at least Austin & Hart are ok if you are like absurdly massive fans of them...

Virgil is a wasted pick unless your intention is to be horrible lol

Piper is an ok pick, but a massive reach, IMO...

But, hey, I'll have a great world title match, and we'll see what else I can pull off for my card (which is gonna be spectacular, BTW)

Not wasted. This is classic Norwood. The masterpiece he is going to create will simply blow your mind. I eagerly await each and every one of his picks.

As for the rest: Hogan at number one drives me crazy, but I understand it. Hart is of course the drafter's fav and no way he makes it back to him. The Piper pick intrigues me, but you are going to really build around it correctly. Having a top all-time heel is not a bad way to start. Austin is decent as you can go a lot of ways, but again, you have to build correctly around him. He needs a ton of fodder that he call Stun and drink beer.

Flair would have been on my short list of three had I had the number one pick (the other two are still out there). With Flair you have the great luxury of having an all-time heel that is also the top of your company. The mountain all of your faces try to climb. He is a booker's dream, awesome worker, great on the mic, and I would still pay money to see him work a match with a broom.

Are Virgil and Piper really in the top 5?

WTF?

VIRGIL????

Did it go to your spam filter? Or did I screw up the email address? I got a copy, but it was in my spam filter first.

I checked teh spam filter, too... nothing...I believe you, just not sure what we could do since the draft started...
I guess there is nothing we can do...it is fine. I was hoping to trade down, get a few extra picks, and draft Steve Austin.

[Flair would have been on my short list of three had I had the number one pick (the other two are still out there). With Flair you have the great luxury of having an all-time heel that is also the top of your company. The mountain all of your faces try to climb. He is a booker's dream, awesome worker, great on the mic, and I would still pay money to see him work a match with a broom.

I like Flair better than Austin, but that's irrelevant. Ric Flair has been a headliner for over 20 years. Just about any other potiential headliner that I could think of has already been in a program with him. Frankly, I couldn't think of one program that I could do with him that he hadn't already done or couldn't be compared to a program that he'd already done with a superior worker. If the object of the draft were just to take the best wrestler, then Flair would have been a no-brainer. That's not what we're doing.

1.04--ROWDY RODDY PIPER

Had a short list I was looking at. But in the end, went with one of the all-time great antagonists in wrestling history. Passed on a few obvious marquee faces. But I'll center my program around the versatility, mic skills and flat out ### kicking that Hot Rod brings to the table.

Ya, wrestling ability he's not in the top 10 but he was probably in my top 5 as Piper's Pit was as cool to watch as any wrestling match. It was great how worked up he'd get when he was talking and then grab something and bash it over some unsuspecting putz's head week after week or just make fun of someone who pretended not to understand the English language.

Overall good pick as long as everyone has the same appreciation for Piper as I do.

If you polled 1000 avid wrestling fans, you'd probably get Hulk Hogan 1 and then Rick Flair 2.Flair dropping down to 6 is a steal. The guy has so many titles it's unbelievable. The nature boy has done it all, even managed. He's a wrestling icon in all parts of the country.I am thinking of another wresttler who's not been mentioned that should have either been picked or will be picked very soon who I saw WAAAY back vs. the No.1 pick here in Wrestlemania back in Detroit/Pontiac Silverdome.

My problem with Flair is that I think he should have gone out on a high note several years ago. He's essentially been a mid-carder over the last few years, and I have a hard time viewing him in any other light. I'm not saying I'm right, just saying that while I appreciate his greatness, I won't remember him with the same fondness like I remember others who left on main event terms.

I guess I will be making my pick later tonight...have to head out for a few hours.

[Flair would have been on my short list of three had I had the number one pick (the other two are still out there). With Flair you have the great luxury of having an all-time heel that is also the top of your company. The mountain all of your faces try to climb. He is a booker's dream, awesome worker, great on the mic, and I would still pay money to see him work a match with a broom.

I like Flair better than Austin, but that's irrelevant. Ric Flair has been a headliner for over 20 years. Just about any other potiential headliner that I could think of has already been in a program with him. Frankly, I couldn't think of one program that I could do with him that he hadn't already done or couldn't be compared to a program that he'd already done with a superior worker.

If the object of the draft were just to take the best wrestler, then Flair would have been a no-brainer. That's not what we're doing.

That's a shame because that's what people who pop in and check out this thread are going to think. The thread is going to get huge as it is, expecting everyone to read everything is a little unrealistic, especially 25 rounds.

People are going to basically check out rosters and see who's got good wrestlers, not think about one of the rules in a lengthy post about how this person would be with this group or whatever it says.

I was kinda excited to see a wrestling draft, but based on wrestling talent.

While I am all for guys who can actually wrestle, to be a star in professional wrestling, you need other skills in addition to being able to work a match. So I think you need to consider that when thinking about some of the picks.

While I am all for guys who can actually wrestle, to be a star in professional wrestling, you need other skills in addition to being able to work a match. So I think you need to consider that when thinking about some of the picks.

:goodposting: I picked Piper because I think his character would still work today and into the future. I'm not sure just sticking a big steroid freak out there with limited skills and limited storyline potential would fly today.

I was kinda excited to see a wrestling draft, but based on wrestling talent.

Then start one. I'll analogize it to many of the Rock and Roll Band Drafts we had. I'm sure there are plenty of people who thought it was great that a band could have Freddie Mercury, Neil Young, and Eric Clapton on it. Nevermind that they would have sounded like ### together. And maybe some people don't want to bother with set lists for that kind of thing. All that's fine. I personally think just having a "draft" with no thought as to what you're trying to build is kind of pointless. It would completely privilege the guys with the first picks and make any pick past the third round completely pointless. People would just look at who got Flair or Hogan and vote based on that. Once again, that's a perfectly valid type of draft. It's just not one I'd be at all interested in wasting my time on.

I like Flair better than Austin, but that's irrelevant. Ric Flair has been a headliner for over 20 years. Just about any other potiential headliner that I could think of has already been in a program with him. Frankly, I couldn't think of one program that I could do with him that he hadn't already done or couldn't be compared to a program that he'd already done with a superior worker. If the object of the draft were just to take the best wrestler, then Flair would have been a no-brainer. That's not what we're doing.
Fair enough. i completely agree that this won't be your "normal best-of" draft. I think it's pretty genius. And I really can't knock any of the picks at this point. And yes, Flair has been in just about every possible program, but would be interested to see if anyone can use him in a completely fresh way. I think Austin would be just as hard to find something new for, but he is a great building block regardless.

1.8 The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels

According to his Wiki page, he has been in the PWI Match of the Year 7 times (1993-1996, 2004-2006) and none of those are against any wrestler twice. Outstanding showman who can make anyone look good.

If you polled 1000 avid wrestling fans, you'd probably get Hulk Hogan 1 and then Rick Flair 2.Flair dropping down to 6 is a steal. The guy has so many titles it's unbelievable. The nature boy has done it all, even managed. He's a wrestling icon in all parts of the country.I am thinking of another wresttler who's not been mentioned that should have either been picked or will be picked very soon who I saw WAAAY back vs. the No.1 pick here in Wrestlemania back in Detroit/Pontiac Silverdome.
Agreed. Flair is #1 in my books.

1.8 The Heartbreak Kid Shawn MichaelsAccording to his Wiki page, he has been in the PWI Match of the Year 7 times (1993-1996, 2004-2006) and none of those are against any wrestler twice. Outstanding showman who can make anyone look good.

I was hoping he'd drop to me and I could put him against Flair...on to plan B...

BTW if you would like a specific nickname on the draft list for your wrestlers, let me know I'll add it, I added a few...

Let me know... lol

Also... should I list "other" things the person was?

Like with Flair (this is a bad example, but the best I can do) should I list "Black Scorpion" there, too, or is that something we know enough that we'll just police it as we go?

1.9 ceisenhower66 - On the clock

1.10 deranged hermit - On Deck

1.11 arsenal of doom - In the Hole

BTW, lists are good... I can take lists (I'll clean out my PM box extra) and I'm sure someone else could take one if you ask for people who can...

BTW if you would like a specific nickname on the draft list for your wrestlers, let me know I'll add it, I added a few...Let me know... lolAlso... should I list "other" things the person was?Like with Flair (this is a bad example, but the best I can do) should I list "Black Scorpion" there, too, or is that something we know enough that we'll just police it as we go?

My good man, would you kindly add "Hot Rod" to my #1 pick?

BTW if you would like a specific nickname on the draft list for your wrestlers, let me know I'll add it, I added a few...Let me know... lolAlso... should I list "other" things the person was?Like with Flair (this is a bad example, but the best I can do) should I list "Black Scorpion" there, too, or is that something we know enough that we'll just police it as we go?

like that? (it says "Hot Rod" Rowdy Roddy Piper)

That'll work :goodposting:

That'll work :goodposting:
:lmao:

1.02 Virgil

I've met him... he was a pompous, arrogant ####### who thought WAY too much of himself...
I met him once at the dog track he is arrogant.
Really? I met him at Wrestlemania IV in the elevator at the Trump Plaza. He was nice. He posed for my buddy's mom.
add me to the met virgil guys.

met him in atlantic city, was very talkative to the point where he wouldnt shut the #### up. gave us some great stories though and didnt hide anything.