What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vasectomy in the AM... (1 Viewer)

what a week, survived the child's shots today, his legs are a little sore but otherwise ok...

Tommorow, I get snipped, and tonight I have to shave..my wife is laughing her butt off

Any pain tips etc???

I had it done in November. One thing that I would recommend (although too late if you are going in the AM) is that you be put out for it. I opted for being awake with a local and I actually almost passed out from the pain. The feeling of a doctor pulling your vas defrens is inexplicable. No pain meds could prepare you for the feeling as the nerve endings are not where they numb you.

It took a good 72 hours before I could walk without a limp and a week to feel good . Also, the appearance of a third ball is apparently normal (although it scared the #### out of me) and easily treated with an anti-inflammatory pill. Prepare for alot of swelling and black and blue. It looked like a plumb dangling between my legs.

Good luck! Ice it down and report back after

. Also, the appearance of a third ball is apparently normal (although it scared the #### out of me) and easily treated with an anti-inflammatory pill. Prepare for alot of swelling and black and blue. It looked like a plumb dangling between my legs.
:thumbup:

I had it done in November. One thing that I would recommend (although too late if you are going in the AM) is that you be put out for it. I opted for being awake with a local and I actually almost passed out from the pain. The feeling of a doctor pulling your vas defrens is inexplicable. No pain meds could prepare you for the feeling as the nerve endings are not where they numb you. It took a good 72 hours before I could walk without a limp and a week to feel good . Also, the appearance of a third ball is apparently normal (although it scared the #### out of me) and easily treated with an anti-inflammatory pill. Prepare for alot of swelling and black and blue. It looked like a plumb dangling between my legs.Good luck! Ice it down and report back after
Good heavens. Hopefully the OP didn't read this. Had mine done at the end of December and I'm enjoying the benefits of the procedure already. Almost a non-event pain wise, just some very brief discomfort. Was feeling so good 24 hours later that I had to be careful not to overdo things. It's likely people have different experiences since there are so many urologists out there. :goodposting:

I had it done in November. One thing that I would recommend (although too late if you are going in the AM) is that you be put out for it. I opted for being awake with a local and I actually almost passed out from the pain. The feeling of a doctor pulling your vas defrens is inexplicable. No pain meds could prepare you for the feeling as the nerve endings are not where they numb you. It took a good 72 hours before I could walk without a limp and a week to feel good . Also, the appearance of a third ball is apparently normal (although it scared the #### out of me) and easily treated with an anti-inflammatory pill. Prepare for alot of swelling and black and blue. It looked like a plumb dangling between my legs.Good luck! Ice it down and report back after
Good heavens. Hopefully the OP didn't read this. Had mine done at the end of December and I'm enjoying the benefits of the procedure already. Almost a non-event pain wise, just some very brief discomfort. Was feeling so good 24 hours later that I had to be careful not to overdo things. It's likely people have different experiences since there are so many urologists out there. :confused:
:confused:

Freakin joke pain wise...the needle numbing you hurts for only a second...the wierdest part is laying there talking to the doc about sports or whatever all the while hes cutting , pulling and burning YOUR BALLS....seriously nothing to sweat and just minor discomfort , after just take it slow for a few days.

Freakin joke pain wise...the needle numbing you hurts for only a second...the wierdest part is laying there talking to the doc about sports or whatever all the while hes cutting , pulling and burning YOUR BALLS....seriously nothing to sweat and just minor discomfort , after just take it slow for a few days.
And make sure you support very well for at least a week. I went back to boxers after about 3 days and ended up with some wicked bruising and discomfort.

bags of peas will be ur only friends for several days...and watch out for any excess blood making ur boys stick to ur shorts...ouch...not fun at all...

And make sure you support very well for at least a week. I went back to boxers after about 3 days and ended up with some wicked bruising and discomfort.
agreed...get that jock support

I remember the morning of my snip. 1st I didn't need to shave! :lmao: As I roll like a baby's behind. 2nd I have never had volume before, I insted to my wife, that I drive to the dr. It was like I was driving drunk. I get to the dr, and I was so drunk feeling, that I through, my ID, and ins. card on the receptionist desk. Then when I get called back, I was so losey lipped. I remember, taking home a paper, that said you would have to wait 7 days before empty the boys, after getting snipped. When the dr was doing his buisness, I said DR. I'm a young guy, I can't go 7 days, with my wife, or with myself. The nurse started laughing so hard. Anyways, It was done on a friday. Saturday, I had to walk around thed New Orleans Convention Center, for a jewerly show, with my wife.

There was no sitting on peas, or anything of that nature. I basically played Xbox 360, all weekend. I was bruised pretty bad. And I let free the 1st batch 5 days later. Made it to 10 times, 20 days later. And took the sample back. My Soldiers where dead. And I now have an empty canon.

Good Luck my friend. Its the greatest....

what a week, survived the child's shots today, his legs are a little sore but otherwise ok...

Tommorow, I get snipped, and tonight I have to shave..my wife is laughing her butt off

Any pain tips etc???
Hope all went well, and that you're kicking back today with some frozen peas and a Vicodin or two.I had a vasectomy done about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and it is definitely taking longer for mine to heal than I think most people experience. One side is completely fine, but I'll still feel a shooting sensation about once a day - not really enough to call pain - but enough to know that I had some surgery down there.

I also think that one of my snipped tubes has somehow healed to where the incision was - which is also kind of strange, and it led me to start scouring the internet for potential complications with vasectomies - which is NOT a very good thing to do if you've just had the procedure done.

However, I did find a site that was pretty informative if you have questions about how you're healing, or are wondering if something you're experiencing is "normal" or not.

http://www.vasectomy-information.com/

This is the "Ask the Doctor" section, which I frankly found much more informative than a call to the nurse line at my urologist.

Here's to a speedy recovery! :tinfoilhat:

Only pain that has been anything remarkable was the shots to numb me up, otherwise just a bit sore.

I was happy that I could pee, after that the rest is gravy...

Why you guys do this to your selves?
I hope they are not doing this to themselves...at home, with a butter knife...doc on the phone telling you where to start the incision.or another answer...They do this to themselves so that their wives will do dirty dirty dirty things later with no worries about children again.

I hope they are not doing this to themselves...at home, with a butter knife...doc on the phone telling you where to start the incision.or another answer...They do this to themselves so that their wives will do dirty dirty dirty things later with no worries about children again.
:pickle: I have two wonderful kids, but I don't want anymore.Glad the surgery went well and you are doing well! :pickle:

The dirty dirty things that I like my wife to do...well, there's really no need to worry about any children.

The dirty dirty things that I like my wife to do...well, there's really no need to worry about any children.
:fishing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you guys go to some real hacks to get this procedure done.

I had alwasy felt the worst pain I had ever experienced, was the local during a dentist appointment. A "local" into the old boys, is quite a bit more painful, as is a cut made as the local wears off on those same boys.

There usually is one side that is a bit harder to find, or isolate during the procedure, and this is where it will wear off on.

I used ice, and athletic suppoert for the first two days, and then just tightey whities for about two weeks, I would say about a week after the procedure I was walking about like normal, the grin pain on both sides is the worst part. 10-14 days, you will be your old self

I go for mine tomorrow at noon. :goodposting: :cry: :cry: Any last advice?
1) Take valium2) Don't worry about it3) Plenty of icing4) Don't overdo it5) Take Monday off It's really not much different than a moderate ankle sprain. Swelling, walking wont feel natural for a few days, ice, within 1 week you'll feel a ton better, and within 2 weeks you'll be 100%

My doctor used Fentanyl, not an injection in the boys. Fentanyl was awesome.

From Wikipedia....."Fentanyl is an opioid analgesic with a potency approximately eighty times that of morphine."

My urologist has canceled on me 3 times. Was originally supposed to be done in February. This guy sure golfs/vacations a lot. Currently re-re-re-rescheduled for July 18th.

Make sure you take the whole weekend and just kick back. You'll feel like getting up and doing stuff but don't. Take the time and heal. I didn't take enough time and regreted it.

Also wait a few days before getting back in the game if you know what I mean. Had a buddy that wanted to test it out the day of. He suggested that I not try that. I was only too happy to take his advice.

My urologist has canceled on me 3 times. Was originally supposed to be done in February. This guy sure golfs/vacations a lot. Currently re-re-re-rescheduled for July 18th.
this guy wouldn't have been "my" urologist after strike 2.

Done mine. Went back twice to drop off test to make sure I'm shooting blanks.

Been lots of fun spontaneous sex since then :banned:

I'm even having sex with my wife now too.

Had worse pain when I had my knee drained.

Anyway, worst pain was when you get the local. Got the first shot and said "that wasn't so bad"....lying......Doc says "oh, you have another". :banned:

Peas....rest....all the other stuff posted here. The part about feeling like you've got a grapefruit between your legs....Dead on.

The pain isn't that bad, more "uncomfortable" than actual pain. Most of is the doctor tugging around on the "cords" to burn the tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a dolt! The worst part of a "v" is the anticipation leading up to it and he's made you go thru that 4 times now? :hophead:

I've been putting this off for the last year . . .

my 3rd child is expected in September.

Now I'm bypassing the Vascectomy completely and getting everything cut off completely.

I'm done.

I go for mine tomorrow at noon. :( :shrug: :cry: Any last advice?
UPDATE- It is done.Procedure complete about 2 hours ago. Peas on the boys right now. No pain yet, but the local is still in effect. Advil and anti-inflammotory taken right after. No need for the Vicodin... yet.

Users who are viewing this thread