What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vasectomy in the AM... (2 Viewers)

Note:When a urologist pulls on your vas defrens and you aren't fully numb, it feels like he's ripping out your spine and the nerves down your legs with it. Other than that, no worries.
Yes. Yes, it does. Had mine done on Friday. "Simple 10 minute procudure" turned into "Difficult 45 minute procedure" when he couldn't find one of the tubes. Still sore and bruised 5 days later, but pain meds are generally taking care of things.
My procedure wasn't difficult. I just needed more numbing medicine....I guess because of my HUGENESS in that region. First side was no problem, so then he started the second. I was relaxed, didn't feel the cut, but when he pulled it out to cut I thought the end was near. After another shot, no problems. Recovery was a breeze with no pain meds.

Note:When a urologist pulls on your vas defrens and you aren't fully numb, it feels like he's ripping out your spine and the nerves down your legs with it. Other than that, no worries.
Wuss. I just said "doc, are you gonna numb me up or what?" He started freakin out but I was like "whatever" :thumbup:It's been 18 days or so since mine and it was the best thing I ever did. Things actually seem better now on lift off. I got down about 36 hours after the procedure and around 30 times since. I do forget when I'm supposed to give a sample but at this point I'm not worried. :boxing:
Now this sounds more like mine--noooo problems! Actually never did the samples either but was pretty comfortable about it since they used me for training! :D
I am sure the $500-600 I am going to spend will be far less than doing this over the amount of time I am sexually viable.
ok--kinda lost here. Maybe I had really good meds leading up to this but as I remember it wasn't much more than a copay. :banned:
I have a higher deductible through my work insurance.

Today at 2pm.

The boys are freshly shorn down below. Is that normal or was the doc doing a bit to tell me to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
The time has come for me to :blackdot: this thread

In response to the guys asking why I dont have my wife do it. Its simple, she was on the pill for 5 years, carried two kids in her stomach for 9 months each and then had them come out her ######. She has done enough

**I asked her to do a few things so I didnt have to have a vasectomy and she got pissed and gave me the answer I wrote above

I am sure the $500-600 I am going to spend will be far less than doing this over the amount of time I am sexually viable.
If cost is your point/reason then use condoms which will most likely cost less than getting clipped.
Yes, because sex with a condom is awesome.I wouldn't take the pill either. One uncomfortable weekend (which wasn't really that bad), and I don't have to worry about it again.
:goodposting: And just about every insurance company will cover it. The cost of clipping you is much less than more kids.

Fact

If cost is your point/reason then use condoms which will most likely cost less than getting clipped.
Yes, because sex with a condom is awesome.I wouldn't take the pill either. One uncomfortable weekend (which wasn't really that bad), and I don't have to worry about it again.
:goodposting: And just about every insurance company will cover it. The cost of clipping you is much less than more kids.

Fact
:goodposting: I think it cost me a total of $40-60 out of pocket when I had it done about four years ago. I knew I absolutely wanted no more children. No condoms, no having to take a pill if they ever release it, and no worries. Also, no reduced libido or any other problems. Since the procedure I've gotten divorced which has further solidified my desire for no more children.

I don't always make good decisions, but this one was a no brainer and don't regret the decision for a second.

Fact
:goodposting: I think it cost me a total of $40-60 out of pocket when I had it done about four years ago. I knew I absolutely wanted no more children. No condoms, no having to take a pill if they ever release it, and no worries. Also, no reduced libido or any other problems. Since the procedure I've gotten divorced which has further solidified my desire for no more children.

I don't always make good decisions, but this one was a no brainer and don't regret the decision for a second.
:unsure:

Fact

Yeah, I suppose I should have said no worries or condoms in a trusted/known situation. With a new chick condoms, but not used for preventing pregnancy.

Well it's done. I am now finding myself questioning the decision, even though we know we don't want any more children. The finality of it is really messing with my head.

On the plus side the Dr. prescribed 15-20 times before I would be "safe", then I need 2 consecutive negative tests. The Mrs. has no excuse now, "Sorry honey, Dr's orders".

Also, for those who have not had it done, mine was Friday and I am still a little sore. Nothing an ibuprofen can't handle. However, the first night was brutal.

Well it's done. I am now finding myself questioning the decision, even though we know we don't want any more children. The finality of it is really messing with my head.

On the plus side the Dr. prescribed 15-20 times before I would be "safe", then I need 2 consecutive negative tests. The Mrs. has no excuse now, "Sorry honey, Dr's orders".

Also, for those who have not had it done, mine was Friday and I am still a little sore. Nothing an ibuprofen can't handle. However, the first night was brutal.
Probably just the "forbidden fruit" syndrome. People just naturally want what they can't have.I had these feelings afterwards too. I've found them to be an emotional response, though, and the feelings faded.

Probably just the "forbidden fruit" syndrome. People just naturally want what they can't have.I had these feelings afterwards too. I've found them to be an emotional response, though, and the feelings faded.
same here. I've never wanted kids, but found myself a little somber after the deal was done.Took 9 to 10 months before I got 2 negatives, and I was firing the gun so often that I had problems closing the deal a couple of times. One time I called for results and the nurse's response was "still had a few in the sample. you've got some powerful stuff."

Fact

Yeah, I suppose I should have said no worries or condoms in a trusted/known situation. With a new chick condoms, but not used for preventing pregnancy.
I am actually in a very similar boat.

Doc says im good to go now with no swimmers. But he only did one test..am I supposed to do 2? :unsure:

This should be a really fun time but Im still nervous about my wife getting pregnant. Anyone else feel this way after the procedure?

Doc says im good to go now with no swimmers. But he only did one test..am I supposed to do 2? :unsure: This should be a really fun time but Im still nervous about my wife getting pregnant. Anyone else feel this way after the procedure?
I did the second test just to put my mind at ease. It was about a month after the first test.

Doc says im good to go now with no swimmers. But he only did one test..am I supposed to do 2? :unsure: This should be a really fun time but Im still nervous about my wife getting pregnant. Anyone else feel this way after the procedure?
YES YES YES.. oh, and YESI know 3 people who didn't do the 2nd test and had kids later.My urologist required 2 clear tests in a row. I think it was in the liability form he had too.

Are there any neccessary medical reasons for getting one? Kinda like people who get nose jobs so they can breath better (and have it covered by insurance!)

Are there any neccessary medical reasons for getting one? Kinda like people who get nose jobs so they can breath better (and have it covered by insurance!)
I believe many insurance plans will cover this. I would imagine they figure it's alot cheaper to pay for this one surgery rather than 9 months of pre-natal and delivery costs, potentially several times over.

I went into my doctor's office for something unrelated last night, and I told him that I had intended on getting this done. He was NOT happy with me. He pulled me back into his office and told me all about increased risks of cancer, closed system vs. open system issues, and all sorts of other stuff. He said that with Essure and Adiana being available for women now, there's no reason to do this. I presented that same stuff to my wife and basically was told to man up and get snipped. Awkward.

So, how does one find the best doc to perform one?
This is a good question. It's not something I feel very comfortable asking other guys about. If only to avoid details that come from this kind of conversation. There's just a lot of stuff I really don't want to know. When I called for an appt, the clerk made it a point to mention that all 6 Doctors in the Urology group are board certified and all of them have 20+ years experience. Like that's supposed to calm my fears. Honestly, I look at the medical center and if it looks dirty or in a bad part of town, I'm going to keep on looking. The place where I'm getting mine done is up in Clearwater FL, overlooking the ocean and beautiful sunset. This is supposed to influence my decision? I tell you who I don't want doing my procedure. There's a guy with the bushy chest hair on local billboards that claims to have done 19,000 vasectomies with this new "needleless" procedure. I don't trust guys that are that comfortable blowing up their face to 500X size including all the chest hair. I'm going into this procedure with the attitude that it's a root canal. Just grin and bear it. Trying not to think about it hurting. Or that I'll never have any more kids, (I don't want anymore). But as someone also posted, there is that psychological factor of knowing as much. I just want to get this over with while I still have strong resolve.

I wanted to bump this thread. Here is the thing, for those guys wanting to get one. You get to have sex without the worry of impregnating your partner which is great. But you have to remember that the medical field is selling this service and they aren't going to tell you all of the potential side effects. One of those side effects is simply loss of libido. My sex drive is roughly 50% what it was pre-operation. And it sucks. I had one when I was 35 years old. I was a typical married guy. I would nail my wife anytime anywhere.

So I had the vasectomy because neither of us cheats so really pregancy worries were the only thing standing in the way of carefree sex whenever I wanted to do it. But the dirty little secret they don't tell you is that you just might not want to do it afterwards. We can go a week without sex, and it doesn't really bother me much at all. This was never the case before and I don't think its the two years of aging in between. I just don't desire it as much. No random boners. No waking up and walking into the bathroom after he morning shower and pounding her before the kids wake up. No more waking in the middle of the night and climbing on.

The excitement factor of sex has really diminished for me. And I actually miss it because I know it isn't ever coming back. Doctors will tell you its psychological (all on you). But that's bull ####. Consider the source. Remember they are selling you a product. Just take a look at that Porsche parked out front.

Just be careful guys. I went into this believing what they told me. Now, I believe I made a grave mistake that will impact the rest of my life. Its no joke.

I wanted to bump this thread. Here is the thing, for those guys wanting to get one. You get to have sex without the worry of impregnating your partner which is great. But you have to remember that the medical field is selling this service and they aren't going to tell you all of the potential side effects. One of those side effects is simply loss of libido. My sex drive is roughly 50% what it was pre-operation. And it sucks. I had one when I was 35 years old. I was a typical married guy. I would nail my wife anytime anywhere. So I had the vasectomy because neither of us cheats so really pregancy worries were the only thing standing in the way of carefree sex whenever I wanted to do it. But the dirty little secret they don't tell you is that you just might not want to do it afterwards. We can go a week without sex, and it doesn't really bother me much at all. This was never the case before and I don't think its the two years of aging in between. I just don't desire it as much. No random boners. No waking up and walking into the bathroom after he morning shower and pounding her before the kids wake up. No more waking in the middle of the night and climbing on. The excitement factor of sex has really diminished for me. And I actually miss it because I know it isn't ever coming back. Doctors will tell you its psychological (all on you). But that's bull ####. Consider the source. Remember they are selling you a product. Just take a look at that Porsche parked out front. Just be careful guys. I went into this believing what they told me. Now, I believe I made a grave mistake that will impact the rest of my life. Its no joke.
I had the non-scalpel procedure done roughly 18 months ago and I havent noticed anything like that. In fact I enjpy sex more just because there's no worries. I actually couldnt be happier.

The last few posts have scared me away. Looks like Trojans for the next 15 years or so. I cant ask my wife to take do any more. She was on the pill for 7 years and then carried 2 babies, got heavy and had to give birth.

I wanted to bump this thread. Here is the thing, for those guys wanting to get one. You get to have sex without the worry of impregnating your partner which is great. But you have to remember that the medical field is selling this service and they aren't going to tell you all of the potential side effects. One of those side effects is simply loss of libido. My sex drive is roughly 50% what it was pre-operation. And it sucks. I had one when I was 35 years old. I was a typical married guy. I would nail my wife anytime anywhere. So I had the vasectomy because neither of us cheats so really pregancy worries were the only thing standing in the way of carefree sex whenever I wanted to do it. But the dirty little secret they don't tell you is that you just might not want to do it afterwards. We can go a week without sex, and it doesn't really bother me much at all. This was never the case before and I don't think its the two years of aging in between. I just don't desire it as much. No random boners. No waking up and walking into the bathroom after he morning shower and pounding her before the kids wake up. No more waking in the middle of the night and climbing on. The excitement factor of sex has really diminished for me. And I actually miss it because I know it isn't ever coming back. Doctors will tell you its psychological (all on you). But that's bull ####. Consider the source. Remember they are selling you a product. Just take a look at that Porsche parked out front. Just be careful guys. I went into this believing what they told me. Now, I believe I made a grave mistake that will impact the rest of my life. Its no joke.
I had the non-scalpel procedure done roughly 18 months ago and I havent noticed anything like that. In fact I enjpy sex more just because there's no worries. I actually couldnt be happier.
Good for you. Seriously, I don't mean that sarcastically at all. That doesn't change the fact that this "could" happen to somebody else though. The risk is there. I went online to look into it (after the fact of course) more and found many cases where guys just lost their sex drive. To somebody looking into the procedure, the risk of losing their sex drive should at least be weighed. I'm fortunate in that I didn't lose mine, just reduced it noticeably. Happy #######!

Sorry to hear Tooth.I had my procedure done about a year ago - and I can honestly say that the libido between me and my wife has actually increased. Maybe it's the fact that we can no longer become pregnant anymore?Dunno - but we are both in our early 40's and it's go time almost every day - bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, garage - anywhere where our 3 kids can't find us.

I had mine done in October, 2010. I finally got around to submitting my first specimen a few weeks ago. Came back clean. I'll submit my second next week sometime.

Anyone has a link to Otis' flickr? I seem to have lost it.

I had this done 8+ years ago and had no drop in libido. Maybe you should get checked for low Testosterone. Lower libido is a direct symptom of low Testosterone.

Got my vasectomy yesterday. I already want to make crock pot chicken, but will probably wait until the weekend.

My 3rd kid was conceived on the pill/pull out birth control method. We had sex for 6 years like this after we got married and never even had a scare. Kid #3 has us using BC + prophylactic. I hate them. HATE them. I just can't function at all. I'm scheduling mine for early in January. My wife can't wait to be off BC, and I never want to see another Trojan again. That alone will make me horny as ####.

Total opposite of me. I want/need/get far more sex now than ever.

My 3rd kid was conceived on the pill/pull out birth control method. We had sex for 6 years like this after we got married and never even had a scare. Kid #3 has us using BC + prophylactic. I hate them. HATE them. I just can't function at all. I'm scheduling mine for early in January. My wife can't wait to be off BC, and I never want to see another Trojan again. That alone will make me horny as ####.
+10000000000000000

I had this done 8+ years ago and had no drop in libido. Maybe you should get checked for low Testosterone. Lower libido is a direct symptom of low Testosterone.
Yeah I would get that looked into. Also, (I'm no Dr and didnt saty at a Holiday Inn) any chance the lower drive could be age related?

If you think that, great. Just be warned. There are potential side effects.

Yeah I would get that looked into. Also, (I'm no Dr and didnt saty at a Holiday Inn) any chance the lower drive could be age related?
Could be age related. However 2 years isn't all that long, is it?

Users who are viewing this thread