What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL2 - Cap'n Pasquino's 16 (1 Viewer)

4.04 Roddy White WR ATL
4.05 aka OM is our first clock violation, correct? I have 5:57 which would be 8 hours from 9:57edit: whups, i'm an hour early, my mboard settings arent daylight thingamajigger compatible. it's 6pm EST now but the 4.04 pick was made at 11am EST, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
4.09: TE - Chris Cooley

I had some hesitation with this pick b/c of Portis. But I just couldn't pass him up in the mid-4th when TEs given how valuable TEs are in this format.

Will PM next guy.

4.11 Calvin Johnson, WR, DET

PMing next
seems late, but it's probably at the right spot value-wiseagree?

y/n
He's gone anywhere in the 3rd to 5th round thus far as I recall. That said, CJ and Cooley were at the top of my best available board. CJ's ypc last year was amazing. He could breakout into a top 5 WR very easily. He could also get inflicted with the stench that is Lion's football.

PMing next

y/n
He's gone anywhere in the 3rd to 5th round thus far as I recall. That said, CJ and Cooley were at the top of my best available board. CJ's ypc last year was amazing. He could breakout into a top 5 WR very easily. He could also get inflicted with the stench that is Lion's football.
CJ2 was very tempting and the only reason I didn't jump on it was because it's Detroit without Martz to make sure the ball is in the air early and often. It's definitely a risky move, but toward the back end of the 4th it seems good.

PMing next

y/n
CJ2 was very tempting and the only reason I didn't jump on it was because it's Detroit without Martz to make sure the ball is in the air early and often. It's definitely a risky move, but toward the back end of the 4th it seems good.
:confused: it's not like they'll be running the ball.

PMing next

y/n
:kicksrock: it's not like they'll be running the ball.
It's Detroit. 'Nuff said.

Big Ben Roethlisberger - QB7 - Pitt

Not real excited about this pick and probably will regret it. He didn't have the yards or attempts to support the TD total again. That said, I see a pile of RBs and WRs that I like so there will be something left at 5.4 and Roth won't survive the turn.

Big Ben Roethlisberger - QB7 - Pitt

Not real excited about this pick and probably will regret it. He didn't have the yards or attempts to support the TD total again. That said, I see a pile of RBs and WRs that I like so there will be something left at 5.4 and Roth won't survive the turn.
:eek: Nothing like ending a tier.

4.14 QB Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle Seahawks

2.07 DeAngelo Williams, "THE" RB, CAROLINA PANTHERS

PM'ing next.
I hope you're right, but I think you just burned a pick.
You a Panthers fan? I still believe in this kid. His production puts him on par with Maroney. 5 YPC vs LM's 4.5, and he likely gets alot of Foster's 247 carries. This equates to BIG TIME production. Granted there's a small chance a rookie comes in, but even then, it's safe to assume when healthy, he's Carolina's main man and 250 carries is expected.
I'm sure he would have been available in the 3rd round for you and possibily the 4th. You're going to need him to really light it up to make up for the lost value.
I'll talk more about this after the draft, but my rationale was he would certainly NOT be available for me in the 4th and a slight chance I miss him in the 3rd. My strategy going in was WR, RB, QB and he was a player I didn't want to risk losing out on by going WR, QB, RB.
You took Williams at 23. He went at 52 in League 3. He's still on the board in League 1 and League 4 (both through 51 picks).Whether he would have made it back to you or not, he's going to have to do a lot to be worth the #23 pick.
very riskyI know TL has super man love for DeAngelo.

I think he drafted him on every one of his SL teams last year.

He will get his shot, so we'll see
Not trying to turn this into a "Justify DWill that early thread", but at RB18, an up and comer with young, fresh legs, will always get the nod from me in this format, rather than an unknown with competition (Turner), a couple of old backs approaching 30 (Edge/Jamal/Graham) or a Rookie. In Survivor, its WIN or go home. An injury week can kill you. In all fairness, these were the only backs available to take, and much of this "DWILL" strategy was formed when I took Moss in the first. Sure, I thought there was a chance I might get lucky and snag a Maroney, but I'm hopefully gaining on everyone's WR1, so I can afford to give a little back to my RB1 WITH tremendous upside. DWill finished RB29 and Foster RB30 last year. DWill did it with only 144 carries while Foster had 230. Those carries have to go somewhere, and while I'm sure a vet is coming to help, I think we see a flip / flop in 2008, with DWill getting the 230 and yet to be named RB with the 144. Another 90 carries puts DWill as a Top 10 back if he continues his average.
:excited:

Is Stewart healthy? I don't think he steals that many carries this year, but this is certainly not a vote of confidence for DWill as an every down back, which I think we all understood going in. I still bet he gets his 230 carries this year.

PM'ing next.
You a Panthers fan? I still believe in this kid. His production puts him on par with Maroney. 5 YPC vs LM's 4.5, and he likely gets alot of Foster's 247 carries. This equates to BIG TIME production. Granted there's a small chance a rookie comes in, but even then, it's safe to assume when healthy, he's Carolina's main man and 250 carries is expected.
I'm sure he would have been available in the 3rd round for you and possibily the 4th. You're going to need him to really light it up to make up for the lost value.
I'll talk more about this after the draft, but my rationale was he would certainly NOT be available for me in the 4th and a slight chance I miss him in the 3rd. My strategy going in was WR, RB, QB and he was a player I didn't want to risk losing out on by going WR, QB, RB.
You took Williams at 23. He went at 52 in League 3. He's still on the board in League 1 and League 4 (both through 51 picks).Whether he would have made it back to you or not, he's going to have to do a lot to be worth the #23 pick.

Not trying to turn this into a "Justify DWill that early thread", but at RB18, an up and comer with young, fresh legs, will always get the nod from me in this format, rather than an unknown with competition (Turner), a couple of old backs approaching 30 (Edge/Jamal/Graham) or a Rookie. In Survivor, its WIN or go home. An injury week can kill you. In all fairness, these were the only backs available to take, and much of this "DWILL" strategy was formed when I took Moss in the first. Sure, I thought there was a chance I might get lucky and snag a Maroney, but I'm hopefully gaining on everyone's WR1, so I can afford to give a little back to my RB1 WITH tremendous upside. DWill finished RB29 and Foster RB30 last year. DWill did it with only 144 carries while Foster had 230. Those carries have to go somewhere, and while I'm sure a vet is coming to help, I think we see a flip / flop in 2008, with DWill getting the 230 and yet to be named RB with the 144. Another 90 carries puts DWill as a Top 10 back if he continues his average.
OKAY OKAY... here I go again... :rolleyes:

Team Legacy said:

PM'ing next.

OKAY OKAY... here I go again... :rolleyes:
we all new that Deangelo had tha talent but he never showed it, or is it a case of Carolina's Oline really jelling this year. I dunno I Expect TL to grab him early and often in the upcoming Survivor drafts

Users who are viewing this thread