What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Grand Slam Home Run" (1 Viewer)

Not nearly as bad as the wholly incorrect and obscenely offensive, "He drove in 4 RBI with that home run."

It's RBIs, you jack-offs. We've been over this a thousand times, already. An "RBI" is a singular unit and when you have multiple units, you make it plural: RBIs.

And, stop already with the RsBI nonsense. No one says your car is driving at 4000 RsPM; no one says that there were hundreds of PsOW in Vietnam. It's RPMs. It's POWs. And, gawd damnit, already...it's RBIs!!!!1!!one!!!!

[/hijack]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not nearly as bad as the wholly incorrect and obscenely offensive, "He drove in 4 RBI with that home run."

It's RBIs, you jack-offs. We've been over this a thousand times, already. An "RBI" is a singular unit and when you have multiple units, you make it plural: RBIs.

And, stop already with the RsBI nonsense. No one says your car is driving at 4000 RsPM; no one says that there were hundreds of PsOW in Vietnam. It's RPMs. It's POWs. And, gawd damnit, already...it's RBIs!!!!1!!one!!!!

[/hijack]
?Run Batted In

Runs Batted In

Run Batted Ins

Runner Batted In

Runners Batted In

Runner Batted Ins

?

When I head Grand Slam I always think of the Denny's breakfast. The Home Run part clarifies it for me.

[/hijack]
?Run Batted In

Runs Batted In

Run Batted Ins

Runner Batted In

Runners Batted In

Runner Batted Ins

?
It's RBIs.

[/hijack]
?Run Batted In

Runs Batted In

Run Batted Ins

Runner Batted In

Runners Batted In

Runner Batted Ins

?
It's RBIs.
It's RBI.

[/hijack]
?Run Batted In

Runs Batted In

Run Batted Ins

Runner Batted In

Runners Batted In

Runner Batted Ins

?
It's RBIs.
It's RBI.
Exactly. When one run is driven in. Otherwise, in the English language, you take a unit and add an "s" at the end to make it plural. Thus, the one RBI becomes multiple RBIs.If this is still difficult, go ahead and search for how POWs are referenced. It's not "POW were beaten, shackled...", it's "POWs were beaten, shackled..."

CNN - POWs

BBC - POWs

CBS - POWs

Thanks for helping clarify this.

[/hijack]
?Run Batted In

Runs Batted In

Run Batted Ins

Runner Batted In

Runners Batted In

Runner Batted Ins

?
It's RBIs.
It's RBI.
Exactly. When one run is driven in. Otherwise, in the English language, you take a unit and add an "s" at the end to make it plural. Thus, the one RBI becomes multiple RBIs.If this is still difficult, go ahead and search for how POWs are referenced. It's not "POW were beaten, shackled...", it's "POWs were beaten, shackled..."

CNN - POWs

BBC - POWs

CBS - POWs

Thanks for helping clarify this.
:lmao:

Stop nit picking.

You have your garden variety solo home run, two run home run and three run home run. However how else would you describe a four run home run other than as a grand slam home run?

Stop nit picking.

You have your garden variety solo home run, two run home run and three run home run. However how else would you describe a four run home run other than as a grand slam home run?
That's how.
And how would I distinguish that from winning all four major tennis tournaments? :lmao:
Excellent point. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard the French Open discussed during a baseball telecast.It can get pretty confusing.

[/hijack]
For one thing, RPM is plural. People who say RPMs are morons.Secondly, just because POWs is the plural for POW doesn't mean that's the rule for all cases. Do you drive 65 MPHs? I didn't think so.

It's RBI. Deal with it.

[/hijack]
For one thing, RPM is plural. People who say RPMs are morons.Secondly, just because POWs is the plural for POW doesn't mean that's the rule for all cases. Do you drive 65 MPHs? I didn't think so.

It's RBI. Deal with it.
MPH is a good example of the exception to the rule.Otherwise, you must be drunk to think it's RBI. :lmao:

I was very happy that Paul Konerko hit a home run with three baserunners on today. Those 4 runs batted in will help me in my roto league.

[/hijack]
It's funny you're complaining about that. I would be annoyed because in that sentance the BI is redundant.

The Charlie Hustlers said:

[/hijack]
It's funny you're complaining about that. I would be annoyed because in that sentance the BI is redundant.
;)

[/hijack]
:lmao:
I think he's pointing out that "drove in 4 runs" would have been sufficient.

[/hijack]
:thumbup:
:shrug: It would have been. Just so long as he is aware that it's RBIs, that's what matters most. :tfp:

[/hijack]
:rolleyes:
:shrug: It would have been. Just so long as he is aware that it's RBIs, that's what matters most. :boxing:
Who says, "I drove in four rbi's"? I think you would say I got or had 4 rbi's....you drove in 4 runs. Driving in the run is the run batted in.

On the FOX broadcast today, Stockton and McCarver have combined to say "Grand slam home run" 30 times today.

At least.

Please stop. I'm well aware it wasn't a GRAND SLAM SINGLE.

Users who are viewing this thread