What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

jaWs Dynasty looking for one new owner (1 Viewer)

rabidfireweasel

Footballguy
Wanted: One active and dedicated Shark to fill vacancy in the extremely competitive Dynasty league…jaWs.

If interested or have questions after reading through the below overview please send me a PM.

jaWs is a 14 team Dynasty league for $$$ which consists of many knowledgeable FBG members...

~ Football Jones

~ rabidfireweasel & santo 71 (co-owners)

~ ILUVBEER99

~ Holy Schneikes

~ offdee & fozworth (co-owners)

~ humans_being

~ Keepers

~ Coyote 13

~ V1LL

~ Doggler

~ pirate

~ SofaKings

~ mike9289

Performance Based Scoring system, non PPR. (will provide full scoring system/League Constitution upon request)

Starting rosters: 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST, 1 Flex (RB, WR or TE)

24 player maximum in-season roster.

30 player maximum off-season roster.

League website can be viewed at: http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/33356

Entry fees are required one full season in advance, so new owners will get to play the '08 season for FREE since it was already paid by the retiring owner. The '09 entry fee of $175 will be due upon induction.

The following is the open franchise along with their 2008 & 2009 draft picks owned. Owns 2 first rounders (including 1.02) and 4 second rounders. The draft consists of 4 rounds.

2008 Picks:

~ 1.02

~ 1.08

~ 2.02

~ 2.05

~ 2.06

~ 2.13

2009 Picks (still owns all four picks):

~ 1st rounder

~ 2nd rounder

~ 3rd rounder

~ 4th rounder

QB:

~ Ben Roethlisberger

~ Tarvaris Jackson

~ Cleo Lemon

~ Patrick Ramsey

~ Kelly Holcombe

~ Charlie Batch

RB:

~ Fred Taylor

~ Brandon Jackson

~ Reuben Droughns

~ Adrian Peterson (Bears)

~ Mewelde Moore

~ Kevin Faulk

WR:

~ Antwaan Randle El

~ Bryant Johnson

~ Johnnie Lee Higgins

~ Bobby Engram

~ Maurice Stovall

~ Brandon Lloyd

TE:

~ Chris Baker

~ Jeff King

K:

~ Jason Elam

~ Matt Stover

D/ST:

~ Arizona Cardinals

~ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Wanted: One active and dedicated Shark to fill vacancy in the extremely competitive Dynasty league…jaWs.

If interested or have questions after reading through the below overview please send me a PM.

jaWs is a 14 team Dynasty league for $$$ which consists of many knowledgeable FBG members...

~ Football Jones

~ ILUVBEER99

~ Holy Schneikes

~ humans_being

~ Keepers

~ Coyote 13

~ V1LL

~ Doggler

~ pirate

~ SofaKings

~ mike9289

Performance Based Scoring system, non PPR. (will provide full scoring system/League Constitution upon request)

League website can be viewed at: http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/33356

Entry fees are required one full season in advance, so new owners will get to play the '08 season for FREE since it was already paid by the retiring owner. The '09 entry fee of $175 will be due upon induction.

The following is the open franchise along with their 2008 & 2009 draft picks owned. Owns 2 first rounders (including 1.02) and 4 second rounders. The draft consists of 4 rounds.

2008 Picks:

~ 1.02

~ 1.08

~ 2.02

~ 2.05

~ 2.06

~ 2.13

~ 1st rounder

~ 2nd rounder

~ 3rd rounder

~ 4th rounder

QB:

~ Ben Roethlisberger

~ Tarvaris Jackson

~ Cleo Lemon

~ Patrick Ramsey

~ Kelly Holcombe

~ Charlie Batch

RB:

~ Fred Taylor

~ Brandon Jackson

~ Reuben Droughns

~ Mewelde Moore

~ Kevin Faulk

WR:

~ Antwaan Randle El

~ Bryant Johnson

~ Johnnie Lee Higgins

~ Bobby Engram

~ Maurice Stovall

~ Brandon Lloyd

TE:

~ Chris Baker

~ Jeff King

K:

~ Jason Elam

~ Matt Stover

D/ST:

~ Arizona Cardinals

~ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Wow.....that could possibly be one of the worst teams I have ever seen! How did that even happen?

~ Football Jones

~ ILUVBEER99

~ Holy Schneikes

~ humans_being

~ Keepers

~ Coyote 13

~ V1LL

~ Doggler

~ pirate

~ SofaKings

~ mike9289

2008 Picks:

~ 1.02

~ 1.08

~ 2.02

~ 2.05

~ 2.06

~ 2.13

~ 1st rounder

~ 2nd rounder

~ 3rd rounder

~ 4th rounder

QB:

~ Ben Roethlisberger

~ Tarvaris Jackson

~ Cleo Lemon

~ Patrick Ramsey

~ Kelly Holcombe

~ Charlie Batch

RB:

~ Fred Taylor

~ Brandon Jackson

~ Reuben Droughns

~ Mewelde Moore

~ Kevin Faulk

WR:

~ Antwaan Randle El

~ Bryant Johnson

~ Johnnie Lee Higgins

~ Bobby Engram

~ Maurice Stovall

~ Brandon Lloyd

TE:

~ Chris Baker

~ Jeff King

K:

~ Jason Elam

~ Matt Stover

D/ST:

~ Arizona Cardinals

~ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Wow.....that could possibly be one of the worst teams I have ever seen! How did that even happen?
The owner was going into rebuild mode and is going into a difficult time. The team is bad now, but will look better after the draft when Mendenhall, a solid pickat 1.8, and four second rounders beef it up. It will still lose in 08, but 08 is paid for by the previous owner. With a good draft this year, and a top 3 rookie pick in 09- the team should be competitive in 2010.

The owner was going into rebuild mode and is going into a difficult time. The team is bad now, but will look better after the draft when Mendenhall, a solid pickat 1.8, and four second rounders beef it up. It will still lose in 08, but 08 is paid for by the previous owner. With a good draft this year, and a top 3 rookie pick in 09- the team should be competitive in 2010.
With this being a 14 team dynasty league, are there any quality players left to pick in the second round to beef this team up? That team is dreadful.

Although it's free to play for 2008, the new owner still has to put $175 immediately for the 2009 season, correct?

This team needs A LOT of work if it is going to even compete in 2010. 1.8 is most likely going to be a WR, but that is anything but a lock to contribute in the near future if at all. The second round picks would need to be used in trades for veterans in my opinion, but I don't have the patience to sit and spend money year after year waiting on my picks to come around. I wish you the best and even more the person that takes this team over.

This team needs A LOT of work if it is going to even compete in 2010. 1.8 is most likely going to be a WR, but that is anything but a lock to contribute in the near future if at all. The second round picks would need to be used in trades for veterans in my opinion, but I don't have the patience to sit and spend money year after year waiting on my picks to come around. I wish you the best and even more the person that takes this team over.
From the perspective of a jaws league member...You really have to think about what it will look like going into the 09' season since 08' is a freebee.QB - Big Ben is one of the top dynasty QB's, so that spot is pretty set for some time.RB - Mendenhall/Stewart already have value of a top 10 dynasty RB in our league based on what i know about the owners, if you don't think so i'd bet you could trade him straight up for a vet RB you like more.RB2 - Wells/Moreno - this team will have one of the top RB prospects out of 09' class (who will be valued in the top 10, and again if you don't agree just trade the pick for a guy you like better) So going into 09' it already has a top dynasty QB and (2) top 10 RB's (they will be valued in that range in Jaws)plus with 1.8 and tons of 2nd's this year at least one or two of those guys are going to pan out to be playable fantasy options (if you don't think you can get a couple viable fantasy options out of the picks just trade them) 1.8 could net a really solid vet.I just don't see how this team can't be competitive for the playoffs as soon as in 09' (it likely won't be the best team but the best team doesn't always win in the playoffs).

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd have to offer a discount with that squad...it really is one of the worst I've ever seen. Rothlisberger is the only legit starter there!

Users who are viewing this thread