What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Backyard Brawl 3 (1 Viewer)

Patoons

Footballguy
I run the Backyard Brawl leagues (1 & 2) on MFL. 14-team PPR with a one round college draft each season (110/year)(contemplated going to 16-teams for BB3 but held back on it).

I'm starting up Backyard Brawl 3 with the draft to begin soon after NFL Draft day (May 3rd at 8am EST the 12-hr clock starts).

These series of leagues are highly active/competitive leagues. If you do not intend on checking in roughly 1 or more times /day (even in the offseason), you may not want to consider joining.

FBG are a part of BB1 and BB2 and include jeter23, brutis, ninerfan, identikit, Team Legacy, pinda, broncofan13000 among many others.

PPR is going to be as follows (different from BB1 and BB2):

0.5 RB

1.0 WR

1.5 TE (No TE Required)

Lineups are going to be: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex, Flex, K, D

WR and TE = interchangeable.

Rookies and Developmental included in startup draft (college players draft eligible in 2009) (14 developmental players total as max) - see rules for details.

Here is a link to BB2 (rules are on the site - if you want updated rules for BB3 emailed to you, just let me know): http://www39.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/46394

Let me know if you're interested.

In:

Payment Status:

1. Patoons (PAID)

2. pinda (PAID)

3. wdcrob (PAID)

4. broncofan13000 (PAID)

5. EBF (PAID)

6. brutis (PAID)

7. jwb (PAID)

8. Iron_Far (PAID)

9. Stark2789 (PAID)

10. Sigmund Bloom (PAID)

11. Marc Faletti (PAID)

12. ffweasel (PAID)

13. gianmarco (PAID)

14. doowain (PAID)

Waiting List: 1) tex 2) moderated

Order:

1. EBF (208)

2. Patoons (195)

3. Brutis (188)

4. jwb (159)

5. Sigmund Bloom (141)

6. ffweasel (131)

7. Iron_Far (129)

8. doowain (122)

9. pinda (111) (212)

10. Marc Faletti (111) (114)

11. gianmarco (111) (66)

12. wdcrob (107)

13. Broncofan13000 (96)

14. Stark2789 (74)

Last edited by a moderator:
The college draft is the MAIN reason I signed up for BB2. Great tweaks to the rules here for BB3.

BB2 has actually become my FAVORITE league because at any time of the day, throughout the year, you can log on, find somebody there and chat away, trade, deal, etc.

I actually voted NO to forming BB3 because I didn't want the temptation of being in yet another dynasty league.

Go get em guys. This league will fill up quick.

I run the Backyard Brawl leagues (1 & 2) on MFL. 14-team PPR with a one round college draft each season (110/year)(contemplated going to 16-teams for BB3 but held back on it).

I'm starting up Backyard Brawl 3 with the draft to begin soon after NFL Draft day.

These series of leagues are highly active/competitive leagues. If you do not intend on checking in roughly 1 or more times /day (even in the offseason), you may not want to consider joining.

FBG are a part of BB1 and BB2 and include jeter23, brutis, ninerfan, identikit, Team Legacy, pinda, broncofan13000 among many others.

PPR is going to be as follows (different from BB1 and BB2):

0.5 RB

1.0 WR

1.5 TE (No TE Required)
You're just trying to entice me on those stinkin TE's aren't ya. :popcorn:

What's the plan for the initial draft? I'd be really intrigued if both rookies and developmental players were included, even if it meant showing my hand a little. Actually, that might be the only reason I'd be hesitant to do that.

What's the plan for the initial draft? I'd be really intrigued if both rookies and developmental players were included, even if it meant showing my hand a little. Actually, that might be the only reason I'd be hesitant to do that.
Unless it's different than BBI and BBII, there's no developmental draft the first year, but rookie players are included in the startup.Also, I'll pimp Patoons as a commish. Very fair, organized, and level-headed. Things happen when they're supposed to.

Unless it's different than BBI and BBII, there's no developmental draft the first year, but rookie players are included in the startup.Also, I'll pimp Patoons as a commish. Very fair, organized, and level-headed. Things happen when they're supposed to.
Im in alot of leagues and Patoons and Jeter23 are my favorite commishes. They dont let anything slip. :thumbup:

Rookie's included... Developmentals will be as well. Max of 14 to be drafted among all the teams (per the rules, one can be put on your taxi and others must be rostered).

Looks like

12 - gianmarco

13 - Cowtippers

14 - me, please?

I couldn't pass up the competition!!!

Looks like12 - gianmarco13 - Cowtippers14 - me, please?I couldn't pass up the competition!!!
Peso - I promised you a spot last week when we exchanged PMs, so you're definitely in.I'm waiting on PM exchanges with a few other FBG that I promised spots to as well. I'm going to wait on cowtippers and gianmarco until later today.

Looks like12 - gianmarco13 - Cowtippers14 - me, please?I couldn't pass up the competition!!!
Peso - I promised you a spot last week when we exchanged PMs, so you're definitely in.I'm waiting on PM exchanges with a few other FBG that I promised spots to as well. I'm going to wait on cowtippers and gianmarco until later today.
That's what I get for waiting until the last minute. Got an offer to join another league so I'm going to bow out of the running for the last few spots.

Guys - we'll begin the payment process tonight... I'll know who's the final owner shortly.

Then once that is complete... we'll roll the dice... get draft spots and then jump to the site... should all be done by Wednesday if everyone's quick.

Ready and waiting - just let me know where to send $$. Looks like a truly awesome league!!

It will be fun to watch JPeso run to the asst coach forum everytime someone offers him a trade. My alia will have fun with that. lol

It will be fun to watch JPeso run to the asst coach forum everytime someone offers him a trade. My alia will have fun with that. lol
I always answer questions there, but I tend not to post my trade offers. Three in the last month?

Wow. This might be THE most competitive DYNASTY league I've ever seen assembled. The DEVELOPMENTAL draft is going to be FUN to watch next year!

Paid.

P.S.--I'm really gonna have to sharpen my lacking college prospect skills with this crowd.

Paid.P.S.--I'm really gonna have to sharpen my lacking college prospect skills with this crowd.
You and me both - but that's the fun of it. :blackdot:Really like how this one filled out, and am looking forward to being a part of it.

Wow. This might be THE most competitive DYNASTY league I've ever seen assembled. The DEVELOPMENTAL draft is going to be FUN to watch next year!
Up to 14 developmentals can be taken in the startup TL. Will definitely be a fun draft!
First time we've included in startup - should be interesting. Hopefully EBF doesn't hoard all of them!!
I thought each team was only allowed 1?

Up to 14 developmentals can be taken in the startup TL. Will definitely be a fun draft!
First time we've included in startup - should be interesting. Hopefully EBF doesn't hoard all of them!!
I thought each team was only allowed 1?
Per the rules, you can put 1 on your taxi and if you draft an additional (or trade for additional players) you must roster them.As a result, if a team decides to draft more than one, he can and just roster the 2nd player.ETA: As soon as we get on the site, I'll make a post about all of this so it's clear for everyone.

Don't worry, I'll only take the good ones.

Thats fine, just take them early so someone I could use this year falls to me. :shrug:

Thats fine, just take them early so someone I could use this year falls to me. :mellow:
Indeed. In fact, I think rounds 3, 5, and 7 are ideal for EBF's developmental picks (and, of course, everyone else's as well.) :sadbanana:

Users who are viewing this thread