What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (1 Viewer)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
I got $20 that says you couldn't spend three straight days with that women without shoving a Big Mac in her mouth for the sole purpose of shutting her up. Note... I'd give Shuke 4 days.
Your hypothetical fails due to the fact that Shuke would eat the big mac himself way before the 4 days are up.

I thought Vienna actually oVVned Jake in the exchange...
+1. Jake lost his cool and proved her point.
I believe her side of the story, but I also think she's a crazy #####.
agreed
Agreed, times two.My first impression of Jake last year was that he was waaaay too much of a cheeseball to be doing anything other than audtioning for a soap opera gig. Nothing last night convinced me otherwise. What a doosh.But what do I know; I thought Rated X was genuine. :shock:

Watching now, and the first episode where I saw Frank, I didn't realize he said "like" and "you know" so much. Wouldn't be able to tolerate that. Consider me unsmitten. :)

Anything good in the first hour? I forgot this was on and was watching Pawn Stars.

Watching now, and the first episode where I saw Frank, I didn't realize he said "like" and "you know" so much. Wouldn't be able to tolerate that. Consider me unsmitten. :)
Frank is being wishy-washy for a reason. He's basically terrible at hiding what's going on upstairs.

Frank's wardrobe choice du jour: hipster cardigan and deep v-neck t-shirt, presumably from Hanes. Way to class it up, François.

Watching now, and the first episode where I saw Frank, I didn't realize he said "like" and "you know" so much. Wouldn't be able to tolerate that. Consider me unsmitten. :popcorn:
Frank is being wishy-washy for a reason. He's basically terrible at hiding what's going on upstairs.
Does he turn out to have a girlfriend or something? There's something odd going on here.
We're one foot through the looking glass...

Frank's wardrobe choice du jour: hipster cardigan and deep v-neck t-shirt, presumably from Hanes. Way to class it up, François.
Might be why I initially liked him. Reminds me of half the people I knew in Chicago (for better or worse). :homesick:

Might be why I initially liked him. Reminds me of half the people I knew in Chicago (for better or worse). :homesick:
He looks like an extra from Trainspotting. Or maybe The Golden Girls. I'm not sure which.
Kind of an uglier Ewan McGregor, perhaps. Or a prettier Bea Arthur.

He looks like an extra from Trainspotting. Or maybe The Golden Girls. I'm not sure which.
Looks like the v-neck was a full-blown wife beater. :lmao: COME ON.

Looks like the v-neck was a full-blown wife beater. :lmao: COME ON.
OK, that's gross. :football:

Was anyone else shocked that Roberto's baseball card showed he was a pitcher? As a former pitcher I would have never guessed it. He looks way too short and stocky to be a pitcher. Also, a pitcher does not wear batting gloves hanging out of his back pocket as he did running out on the field to Ali, talk about cheesy.

"Knowing Roberto’s love of baseball, it comes as no surprise he played Division II ball at the University of Tampa in 2002 and 2003. He was a pitcher for the team and a rate was given in an online profile of 7.20 ERA, if that reveals anything."

http://factoidz.com/bachelorette-contestan...helorette-2010/

:goodposting:

And this was somehow "almost in the major leagues." A 7.20 ERA in D2 ball. That and Kirk telling everyone he was an All American miler. These guys are gems. Rated R probably wrestles every third Tuesday at the Moose Factory, Ontario YMCA for 10 bucks a match and calls himself a pro wrestler.

"Knowing Roberto’s love of baseball, it comes as no surprise he played Division II ball at the University of Tampa in 2002 and 2003. He was a pitcher for the team and a rate was given in an online profile of 7.20 ERA, if that reveals anything."

http://factoidz.com/bachelorette-contestan...helorette-2010/

:goodposting:

And this was somehow "almost in the major leagues." A 7.20 ERA in D2 ball. That and Kirk telling everyone he was an All American miler. These guys are gems. Rated R probably wrestles every third Tuesday at the Moose Factory, Ontario YMCA for 10 bucks a match and calls himself a pro wrestler.
He was a D3 all american....I know this.

Frank is in retail?? What is he..the assistant manager at a TJ Maxx?

Frank is in retail?? What is he..the assistant manager at a TJ Maxx?
Dollar General.

This show is so cheesy, I had to look around the room last night to make sure no one was witnessing me watch this.

I love the fact that she's simultaneously dating 12 guys and Frank is the one who's selfish for thinking of another girl. Also loved the fact that he needed to go to Tahiti to tell her live.

Great TV.

This show is so cheesy, I had to look around the room last night to make sure no one was witnessing me watch this.

I love the fact that she's simultaneously dating 12 guys and Frank is the one who's selfish for thinking of another girl. Also loved the fact that he needed to go to Tahiti to tell her live.

Great TV.
Can you summarize what happened.Gave up on this show a while back, but saw the vid posted above about Frank meeting with the ex-gf. What ended up happening exactly?

Great TV.
My wife said the same thing.

Great TV.
Can you summarize what happened.Gave up on this show a while back, but saw the vid posted above about Frank meeting with the ex-gf. What ended up happening exactly?
Frank The Dollar General store manager, still had feelings for his ex. Before Tahiti, he met with ex and made woo. Ex reciprocated. Frank went to Tahiti and after many long pauses told Ali that he was leaving (reminded me of Seinfeld's "I'm... breaking up with you"). Both of them cried. Ali then vented to the camera that Frank was selfish jerk for not telling her about feelings for ex. Frank's crying wasn't as good as I expected based on previews, but still made me feel good about myself.

We never got the explanation about who broke up with who between Frank and ex.

I sent an anonymous letter to the producers of the Bachelor nominating Mr. Pickles as the next Bachelor. Hope it gets it. He'd be better on this than Shuke \ GM on Amazingly (Boring) Race.

I sent an anonymous letter to the producers of the Bachelor nominating Mr. Pickles as the next Bachelor. Hope it gets it. He'd be better on this than Shuke \ GM on Amazingly (Boring) Race.
A parade of hot chicks trying to pry away some nerd from his laptop? I'll pass.

Chris could win this, even though he's fighting back tears every time he talks.
Felt bad for Chris getting sloppy seconds in fantasy suite Tahiti. My gut feeling is that Roberto wants to lose to Chris, then be the next bachelor, get 500K and have his pick of the litter.

Great TV.
solid recap here...http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com/

Pickles, congrats on being the new Scupper. :goodposting: So if Frank flew all the way to Tahiti to inform Ally of his girlfriend with no intent to stay for long, why the hell was he lugging around a suitcase the size of a Yugo? This show is stupendously stupid and yet I cannot look away.

Is it possible that Aly is the worst bacherlorette yet? I mean she is horrible, not really pretty after its all said and done, doesnt strike me as intelligent and seems to only have one emotion. I think Frank played it perfect. You have to figure at the very least he got a couple of days in Tahiti. If it was me I would have told her after the fantasy suite, only if I was the first and not the 3rd. I wonder what the other dudes think knowing that the girl they "love" is a world class whore?

Pickles, congrats on being the new Scupper. :thumbup: So if Frank flew all the way to Tahiti to inform Ally of his girlfriend with no intent to stay for long, why the hell was he lugging around a suitcase the size of a Yugo?

This show is stupendously stupid and yet I cannot look away.
Because (like you) Frank is mentally weak and can easily be talked into things. He hoped in the back of his mind that Ali would beg him to stay... :lmao: Was joking about the mentally weak part GB. I know your mind is like a steel trap. I've heard you debate the merits of a stuffed pizza live (in-person).

Last edited by a moderator:
So if Frank flew all the way to Tahiti to inform Ally of his girlfriend with no intent to stay for long, why the hell was he lugging around a suitcase the size of a Yugo?
Or maybe Nicole was stuffed in that giant suitcase and Frank was getting a free Tahiti vacation for the two of them...

At the end of today’s column, I’m going to give you the details behind Frank’s departure from the show in Tahiti. Like I mentioned last week, this will be something that the show will never portray, but I have the background of what really went down. You can choose to believe the show, or you can choose to believe me and my information. Considering I nailed everything about the first episode, and will nail everything about the remaining episodes, it’s probably a good bet to believe what I tell you. I have no reason to make this stuff up. And if you don’t, well, then you’re just a pawn that the show is playing like a fiddle.

Frank’s Elimination

Our 3rd major storyline this season happens on the overnight dates. First there was the Kasey tattoo, then in Turkey Justin’s girlfriend calls to warn Ali, and now this. Frank eliminates himself in Tahiti after telling Ali he’s still in love with his ex-girlfriend back home. This happens before they spend the night together, and there is no rose ceremony. However, here’s the information that I’ve been gathering over the past week or so that I can now reveal. Since I haven’t seen the episode obviously and how it will play out, I’m guessing that after Frank leaves Tahiti, they will then show footage of Frank and his ex-girlfriend getting back together in Chicago. It’s not gonna be a phone call because they already did that with the Justin storyline. ABC will show footage of Frank meeting up with his ex-girlfriend Nicole and them getting back together. However, what ABC won’t show you is this footage was actually shot after Ali left Chicago for Frank’s hometown date but BEFORE he went to Tahiti. I can’t imagine the show will show Frank and his girlfriend getting back together before the overnight date episode, since that would essentially ruin the surprise of why he’s leaving. People would expect it at that point. Maybe they’ll show him contemplating it, talking about it with a producer, etc. I don’t know. I just know that he shot footage with his ex-girlfriend before leaving for Tahiti where they get back together.

The thing I’m confused about is why this was even necessary. If Frank wants to leave the show to be back with his ex he’s still in love with, fine. Got no problem with that. He’ll take a lot of crap for it from the angry housewives who think this show is real and he shouldn’t hurt Ali like that, but whatever. He made his bed, now he must lie in it. But seriously, what was the point of them filming him getting back together with his ex? To rub it in Ali’s face even more? Why not just let it be? I’ll tell you why: Because this show doesn’t give a flying f**k about it’s contestants. Look, I’m not gonna defend Frank’s actions here. Ultimately, it’s his responsibility for what he did. But even though I was told about the footage being shot before he left for Tahiti, my sources told me that Frank wanted off the show long before all this ever took place. The producers made him shoot the footage with his ex, they purposely waited until it was later in the show so it would have a more dramatic effect, and he wanted no part of it. So I don’t know if they threatened him with contract stuff, or loaded him with alcohol, I’m not sure. But this isn’t the first time someone on this show was forced to do something that they didn’t want to do, and it certainly won’t be the last. Yes, he did it and he’s ultimately responsible, but don’t think the producers didn’t have a major hand in how and when it all took place.

It makes sense. This show needs at least one major “water cooler” moment every show. They knew they had a big one with the Kasey tattoo. They had the Justin phone call in their back pocket whenever they decided to use it. So it made sense for them to keep pushing Frank’s storyline of wanting off the show til later and later in the season where it would be much more dramatic. If Frank does this in episode three, is it a big deal? Not nearly as big as if he gets all the way to the final three and is about to spend the night with Ali before dropping this bomb on her. Yes, Frank sucks for doing this and women are going to HATE him. Multiply that by ten once they show him in Chicago getting back together with Nicole. Well, just know they made the guy film it before he left for Tahiti, which means they knew he would’ve preferred to not get on that plane knowing damn well what he’d have to tell her once he got there.

This show truly is disgusting at times. You can say, “If he didn’t want to do it, he could’ve said no.” Well, not necessarily. When you sign that contract to be on this show, you pretty much do what they say. Like I said, I don’t know how they do it, but these producers are VERY good at coercing people into agreeing to do stuff for the benefit of the show. So Frank takes a lot of the blame for I guess not putting his foot down and saying, “Screw you, I’m not doing that”, but lets not make the Mike Fleiss/Martin Hilton combo innocent bystanders in all this. All you needed to do was watch the 20/20 special that aired a week after Jake’s finale to know what slime these guys are. If Frank just asks off the show, he tells Ali at an early rose ceremony he wants to be with his ex, and they let it happen, there’s no drama. But now this? Once the Justin scandal dies down, just wait til everyone’s talking about Frank’s departure in Tahiti. ABC/Fleiss/Hilton will love it. So, I hope I was able to give you a little insight to how this show works. My sources told me Frank wanted to tell Ali long before Tahiti and producers wouldn’t let him. Who are you gonna believe? That’s what I thought.
http://realitysteve.com/2010/05/25/bachelo...ap-52410/all/1/

Pickles, congrats on being the new Scupper. :goodposting: So if Frank flew all the way to Tahiti to inform Ally of his girlfriend with no intent to stay for long, why the hell was he lugging around a suitcase the size of a Yugo?

This show is stupendously stupid and yet I cannot look away.
Because (like you) Frank is mentally weak and can easily be talked into things. He hoped in the back of his mind that Ali would beg him to stay... ;) Was joking about the mentally weak part GB. I know your mind is like a steel trap. I've heard you debate the merits of a stuffed pizza live (in-person).
It's not a stuffed pizza....it's a pizza sandwich.

Users who are viewing this thread