What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (4 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
I just realized my friend Cam did the bachelorette and paradise. I was dying watching it last night. Went to school with him from elementary through highschool.
Cam is a friend of yours?  Did you watch him on Bachelorette or just Paradise?  Because he did not come off well at all on Bachelorette.

Cam is a friend of yours?  Did you watch him on Bachelorette or just Paradise?  Because he did not come off well at all on Bachelorette.
Yeah we we're pretty good friends up until the end of highschool and since then haven't really kept in contact. I met up with some old friends at the Texans game yesterday and caught up when they mentioned it to me so I've only watched some clips from the bachelorette of him and started paradise last night.

Not sure I could be more tired of Hannah Brown. Talk about stretching your 15 minutes. Pretty sure this all finishes up with an embarrassing appearance on paradise next summer and then a shameful fade into obscurity (other than her inevitable future as an "influencer")

I........I just can't anymore.  I thought this was a new season and yet last night I look up from my novel and I see Hannah Brown's face melting away 8 pounds of mascara over a guy she boinked already.  How insecure are these people?

Who has the time to invest in this thing though....2+ hrs multiple times per week?!?!
There's no way I watch all of it in one sitting.  I currently don't have any other shows I watch religiously, so I'll split it up into 2-3 nights .

Just got an iPad today so I'll probably find myself busier at night but I should probably still be able to fit it in.

Victoria F. is a whiny insecure little girl, but she has a killer body. I am hoping getting the rose will give her a little bit more confidence and she will go far.

I didn’t see the premiere and missed Monday night’s episode cause of the CFP game but my wife just made me sit down and watch everything with that crazy girl and her bottle of champagne, complete with the money shot that finished it off and let me tell you... it was worth it. 

I'm sorely lacking in ####ty TV to watch at the moment, so I've decided to start this one.  Almost caught up and have one question:  why does the pie-faced ex-Bachelorette call herself "The Beast"?

The Bachelor seems like a typical goober but nice enough guy.  At least he's better than the fat "funny" guy who wasn't funny or the older guy who had the hockey hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t laughed as hard at the TV in a long time until that psycho swigged champagne out of the bottle and it suzzed up and exploded all over her face. 

The Bachelor seems like a typical goober but nice enough guy.  At least he's better than the fat "funny" guy who wasn't funny or the older guy who had the hockey hair.
I haven't watched this season of the Bachelor, but when Peter was on the Bachelorette, it always seemed obvious to me that the guy was a stone cold player who had perfected the nice guy schtick.  My wife thought he was totally a nice guy and was pulling for him, which I think is further evidence that I'm right.

I haven't watched this season of the Bachelor, but when Peter was on the Bachelorette, it always seemed obvious to me that the guy was a stone cold player who had perfected the nice guy schtick.  My wife thought he was totally a nice guy and was pulling for him, which I think is further evidence that I'm right.
Hmmm, I haven't seen him enough yet to make a determination but was just taking him at face value for now.  I'll have to pay more attention with your thoughts in mind, since you are probably right!  The only thing that argues against that theory was something in the last episode (I think it was), where he seemed pitifully sincere when saying some like "I just want someone to be as into me as I'm into them."  He seemed genuinely a mess about the former Bachelorette, though it could be an act as I wasn't really thinking about that.  I know you haven't seen those episodes.

I agree with him as a player with good shtick. You can tell when he manhandles the women when making out (pinning up against walls, lifting onto dressers, etc).  That’s not oh shucks, nice guy stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with him as a player with good shtick. You can tell when he manhandles the women when making out (pinning up against walls, lifting onto dressers, etc).  That’s not oh shucks, nice guy stuff. 
Pro moves... takes practice.

I think he has developed player moves, but is not a player at heart. I think once he settles on someone, he will stop being a player. Of course, as I am totally a non-player, I could be totally wrong.

From a jilted girlfriend so take it with a grain of salt, but here’s his most recent girlfriend’s take:  https://www.etonline.com/the-bachelorette-frontrunner-peter-webers-ex-speaks-out-he-betrayed-me-for-the-show-exclusive
Interesting. I love that she said that Peter is not on the show for the right reasons, and Peter's main concern on last night's episode was ending up with someone who is not on the show for the right reason. The ex came across as very believable in that interview

Gah.  I have to split watching this garbage into 2 nights so I have to avoid this thread until Wednesday.  :lol:  

I'm officially on Team Madison.  Victoria P is also in the running for me (and him).

Victoria F has a "pan face" but man that body is smokin'.   :homer:

Gah.  I have to split watching this garbage into 2 nights so I have to avoid this thread until Wednesday.  :lol:  

I'm officially on Team Madison.  Victoria P is also in the running for me (and him).

Victoria F has a "pan face" but man that body is smokin'.   :homer:
Victoria F has a RDDF (resting debbie downer face). But, yes, that body is amazing. plus she is a brunette which scores big points in my book.

Victoria F. continues to get hotter. She won't win, but then we can see her in a bikini on Bachelor in Paradise. Victory!

I mean...the whole show is obviously totally staged but last night was just absurd.

And apparently, Victoria and Chase "dating" was just them "spending a night together in Charlotte" (his words per various articles from last night) So it's pretty clear that she was in on the act and just using the situation to get more air time.

You ALMOST feel bad for Peter, but I'm going to assume he's in on the whole thing too.

I mean...the whole show is obviously totally staged but last night was just absurd.

And apparently, Victoria and Chase "dating" was just them "spending a night together in Charlotte" (his words per various articles from last night) So it's pretty clear that she was in on the act and just using the situation to get more air time.

You ALMOST feel bad for Peter, but I'm going to assume he's in on the whole thing too.
Isn't Peter the guy who was dating a woman for a while and then let her know on Christmas that he was breaking up with her so he could be on Hannah's season of the Bachelorette? 

All of these people are looking for fame. Everything else is just a way to get it. 

Oh 100 percent. The development of the Instagram influencer culture means that anyone who gets deep on one of these shows can support themselves with very little effort for several years after.  It used to be that minor celebrities HAD to go to lame events and degrade themselves to capitalize on their 15 minutes. Now, if you're Attractive and were on TV for more than 2 weeks, you can make a living posting from your couch.

My soon to be 15 year old son insists on watching this show......I support it. His mother cracks up....I told her....it's good for him. We can teach him how to hit and run.

LMAO.

The manufactured drama is almost too much for me.  I'll continue to watch just for the entertainment value but I've got a list of shows on Netflix and Prime to check out so I'm hoping this crap gets wrapped up soon.

yeah, this season is horrible.  No amount of hottness can overcome the level of stupidity on display this season.  The champagne stealing drama was the shark jumping moment for me.

yeah, this season is horrible.  No amount of hottness can overcome the level of stupidity on display this season.  The champagne stealing drama was the shark jumping moment for me.
The crew of women do seem considerably hotter as a whole than past seasons though.  Solid crop for the Bachelor.

Peter is a dope. I would love it if this was the first time in bachelor history that the woman who wins turns down the final rose.

dhockster said:
Peter is a dope. I would love it if this was the first time in bachelor history that the woman who wins turns down the final rose.
I'm sure they're told that they have to accept and they can always break up after the show. 

Gosh you guys, no posts yet today about this?  I actually forced myself to watch the whole 2 hours last night (I usually split it up into 2 nights and read/post on Wednesday :lol:  )

Kelly, dang what a beeyotch.  "I'm an attorney".  Sure.  Go get me some coffee.  Supposedly being considered as the next Bachelorette.  Would not watch.

Madison is a smokeshow.  But he won't pick her because of her faith and the fact that she's a virgin.  This guy ain't waiting.

Hannah Ann is too young.  Maybe he'll pick her just for fun.  Wouldn't last.

Victoria is a mess.  He obviously likes messes, tho.

Which leaves Kelsey.  Wild card here.  Has some "hot mess" to her.

You could just see the wheels turning in his head when Madison started on the faith kick. He was like "oh #### I better tell this girl I love her or she's gonna leave"

And yes, Kelly was awful. And she somehow gained like 15 lbs during filming. Add in the fact that he already closed the deal with her pre filming and that was an easy cut.

Zero chance he was sending Victoria home before getting her into bed. 

We're past the point where the producers would be forcing him to keep Kelsea around for drama purposes so i guess he actually likes her for some reason. 

I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have to call someone "Hannah Ann" every day. 

You could just see the wheels turning in his head when Madison started on the faith kick. He was like "oh #### I better tell this girl I love her or she's gonna leave"

And yes, Kelly was awful. And she somehow gained like 15 lbs during filming. Add in the fact that he already closed the deal with her pre filming and that was an easy cut.

We're past the point where the producers would be forcing him to keep Kelsea around for drama purposes so i guess he actually likes her for some reason. 

I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have to call someone "Hannah Ann" every day. 
Bolded are incredibly good points.

I guess he could just call her Hhaaannn. 

This is all spot on. 

Gosh you guys, no posts yet today about this?  I actually forced myself to watch the whole 2 hours last night (I usually split it up into 2 nights and read/post on Wednesday :lol:  )

Kelly, dang what a beeyotch.  "I'm an attorney".  Sure.  Go get me some coffee.  Supposedly being considered as the next Bachelorette.  Would not watch.

Madison is a smokeshow.  But he won't pick her because of her faith and the fact that she's a virgin.  This guy ain't waiting.

Hannah Ann is too young.  Maybe he'll pick her just for fun.  Wouldn't last.

Victoria is a mess.  He obviously likes messes, tho.

Which leaves Kelsey.  Wild card here.  Has some "hot mess" to her.
I just watched.  I can't see how any of these people end up marrying him.  

I didn't mind Kelly until this week, but she has a "Joker mouth" that has always bugged the hell out of me.  I'd rather see Natasha as the bachelorette.  She was super-cute.

As you said, Hannah Ann is just too young.  No one over the age of 25 would do the "what I love about you" list, by the way.

Madison is fabulous and would have been my slam-dunk pick if the religious crap hadn't come up this week.  He is obviously not comfortable with that at all.  She seems sincere about it, so this relationship won't work.

Kelsey is the "champagne" girl - in quotes because when she read the bottle to him, it was not even champagne, it was prosecco.  I don't see how she made it past the first week.

Victoria is insane and nuts and crazy and other synonyms.

I just watched.  I can't see how any of these people end up marrying him.  

I didn't mind Kelly until this week, but she has a "Joker mouth" that has always bugged the hell out of me.  I'd rather see Natasha as the bachelorette.  She was super-cute.

As you said, Hannah Ann is just too young.  No one over the age of 25 would do the "what I love about you" list, by the way.

Madison is fabulous and would have been my slam-dunk pick if the religious crap hadn't come up this week.  He is obviously not comfortable with that at all.  She seems sincere about it, so this relationship won't work.

Kelsey is the "champagne" girl - in quotes because when she read the bottle to him, it was not even champagne, it was prosecco.  I don't see how she made it past the first week.

Victoria is insane and nuts and crazy and other synonyms.
Victoria was made to be on bachelor in paradise, not to win the bachelor. 

Users who are viewing this thread