What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (1 Viewer)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
And she was equally wrong with her over-the-top support of Hanna Ann.  Most of the heat she is taking is because she has no sense of tact.
I think the things she said and felt are said all the time and in the same way behind closed doors......just so happens this family had to do it on national TV.....people expected her to toe the company line, not dress anybody down, and be all PC in what she said and her feelings (basically put on a happy face) and say we support Peter, he will figure it out and go where his heart takes him, and end up with puppies and rainbows.....but she said screw it.....this is how I really feel.....I'm not holding back.....no different than many other moms out there....except it was on TV with all the participants in the room as dictated by the show.....personally I was glad to see the true raw emotion and craziness instead of the boring cliche BS.....I can see how it comes across as "no sense of tact" but that is really only because it was being forced to play out on national TV....many people would be accused of having "no sense of tact" if the things they said behind closed doors were aired on TV.....like I said if you slam on her because you thought maybe that wasn't the time or place or her delivery, thats fine, but in this format of a show....this is the time and place....it's supposed to be "reality" made public....do you want to see how people really feel or do you just want them to be PC  "polite" because they are on national TV....I'm not saying she isn't bat ### crazy ....I'm just saying at least we got to see some real stuff instead of all the made up crap that was pretty much the rest of that episode...

I think at least part of the Barb criticism has to do with the ridiculous "BRING HER HOME!!!!" nonsense and all the over the top blubbering when Peter walked in the door.

She was 100% right to question whether it would work (seemed pretty clear that it wouldn't) but when you're already setting yourself as so obnoxious, people are much more likely to criticize you.

No way Peter was going to abstain until marriage.
and No way Madison would EVER let him live it down if they went forward with their relationship.  She seems like the type that would harbor resentment irregardless if she verbally said she was over it or not. 

I think at least part of the Barb criticism has to do with the ridiculous "BRING HER HOME!!!!" nonsense and all the over the top blubbering when Peter walked in the door.

She was 100% right to question whether it would work (seemed pretty clear that it wouldn't) but when you're already setting yourself as so obnoxious, people are much more likely to criticize you.
Having watched way too many of these.....I can say with 100% certainty that this is pretty much the reaction when anybody on either side of the show makes a visit back home....

Last edited by a moderator:
New Season time! Season 25!! Wow.

Such awesome schlock this show is. My son (soon to be 16 in March) and I take great pleasure watching this together. 

Here are my early front runners and of course potential massive lunatic candidates:

Contenders:

Serena P - I love her energy and personality. Seems incredibly genuine.

Pieper - They have a very nice connection going early and she also seems very nice. She is guarded though.

Mari - She is a dark horse. Very hot, and want to see them on a one on one next week.

Sara - Well.....she was a clear cut front runner.....but we saw what happened on episode two

Katie - She seems really cool, has her head together (so far) and I find her very attractive. Gotta see them in a one on one.

Lunatic Fringe:

Sara - Was a week one contender and she simply went off the rails in episode two....will she come back?

Serena C - Airline Attendant.....something about her I do not trust.

MJ - Hairdressers are natural born gossip machines.....keep an eye on this cute one.

Victoria - Utter nightmare. She could have been on Brett Michaels Rock of Love Tour Bus....and she may have been for all I know. Trash.

As far as the actual Bachelor (matt).....I think the dude is cool. So far I like him. He has a level head, seems in control of his life and has very good values. A 180 from last seasons train wreck Bachelor who was a clear “player” and not really interested in something real and genuine. 

However at 28 he has never been in love. That is going to screw with his mind....how can he know what he wants by not having some love and heartbreak already? Good luck man. You have some amazingly gorgeous women here to choose from. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter just came in the room and turned on The Bachelorette. 

I haven't seen more than 5 minutes total of any of these shows, but I was instantly captivated when they brought out some guy to interview and the hostess started things off with, "First of all, how are you?"

:thumbup:   :yandek:

Users who are viewing this thread