What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
The home town date previews were pretty awesome.

Emily: Her daughter hates strange men that mommy brings home. Runs and hides and generally sabotages the whole thing. Basically, a manifestation of Emily's fractured psyche.

Shawntel: Slaps Brad on "the table" and busts out the big embalming syringe, you know, just for fun. Brad doesn't deal well with death. Neither would I. Creepy factor 25.

Chantal: Still reeling over her brush with elimination ( :confused: ) and just happy to be in the running to continue her breathless streak of overreacting to everything.

Ashley: I don't even remember. Who cares.

Are you people doing the math here?
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this thing is over and Emily has won. They're doing their best to keep the suspense up but it is obvious that he wants Emily to be the one. The thing about her baggage is that it plays right into his wheelhouse - she's broken just like he was/is and he seems like one of those "I can fix her" types to me.
Disagree. I say he breaks Emily's heart at the final rose ceremony, America has fallen in love with Emily, and WA LA: Emily is the next Bachelorette.
yep. basically writes itself

Emily: Her daughter hates strange men that mommy brings home. Runs and hides and generally sabotages the whole thing. Basically, a manifestation of Emily's fractured psyche.

Shawntel: Slaps Brad on "the table" and busts out the big embalming syringe, you know, just for fun. Brad doesn't deal well with death. Neither would I. Creepy factor 25.

Chantal: Still reeling over her brush with elimination ( :confused: ) and just happy to be in the running to continue her breathless streak of overreacting to everything.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this thing is over and Emily has won. They're doing their best to keep the suspense up but it is obvious that he wants Emily to be the one. The thing about her baggage is that it plays right into his wheelhouse - she's broken just like he was/is and he seems like one of those "I can fix her" types to me.
Disagree. I say he breaks Emily's heart at the final rose ceremony, America has fallen in love with Emily, and WA LA: Emily is the next Bachelorette.
See, I'm going the other direction with this. I think he DOES take Emily to the final and picks her over Shawntel the Mortician. And it will be Shawntel who is the next Bachelorette. She's far more interesting and actually looks like a real woman, a quality found in other Bachelorettes (Pretty, not overly hot, good personalities). Emily looks like something Hugh Hefner would clone for a 3-way marriage. Plus, she has a daughter and if she spends another x-amount of months filming the show, what kind of backlash would she receive as a mother in the south? I bet a lot.

How does he keep the mouse and the fat one over her?
She's not hot, has a kid, and acts openly deranged?
Who are you kidding? You would fall over yourself to touch a girl that hot. She's absolutely hot. And I still say the crazy was just schtick. She was literally the only girl to maintain some composure and pride on her walk out. Good on her.
She laid down and trembled in a glassy-eyed haze in the limo!
Smooth, no?
I guess you guys prefer when they cry like schoolgirls on their way out?

Chantal: Still reeling over her brush with elimination ( :lmao: ) and just happy to be in the running to continue her breathless streak of overreacting to everything.

See, I'm going the other direction with this. I think he DOES take Emily to the final and picks her over Shawntel the Mortician. And it will be Shawntel who is the next Bachelorette. She's far more interesting and actually looks like a real woman, a quality found in other Bachelorettes (Pretty, not overly hot, good personalities). Emily looks like something Hugh Hefner would clone for a 3-way marriage. Plus, she has a daughter and if she spends another x-amount of months filming the show, what kind of backlash would she receive as a mother in the south? I bet a lot.
So we all agree Ashley goes home next?I am going to play 'Michelle' here and tell you who goes home in order...Here goes my guesses:

Next: Ashley

2 weeks from now: Shawntel

Finale: Emily goes home, and the winner is Chantal O.

I agree that Shawntel should be the next bachelorette. She seems like she would just be a good time to hang out with.

'OMG Farmers Market!'

Chantal: Still reeling over her brush with elimination ( :hifive: ) and just happy to be in the running to continue her breathless streak of overreacting to everything.

So we all agree Ashley goes home next?I am going to play 'Michelle' here and tell you who goes home in order...Here goes my guesses:

I agree that Shawntel should be the next bachelorette. She seems like she would just be a good time to hang out with.

'OMG Farmers Market!'
I think the only reason why Ashley didn't go home last night is because he decided early on to kick Michelle out. Once he saw her in the sun minus the caked on make-up, it was the last straw. I could play connet the dots on her chin line and produce a picture of "The Last Supper". And her fake knockers looked horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible in the sun. Those veins looked like they were ropes hoisting up a grand piano. Her act wore thin on all of us. Well, except for Otis.

By the way, Britt leaving was so obvious. Thank goodness.

If we can get rid of the mouse we'll at least have a competition here. Though I can't believe he cut the MVP of the show.

Turned it on just now. They sat down with some goats and made cheesy comments back and forth, lol, perfect. Culminating in her going to ol' reliable..."I have only said I love you to a few people, blah, blah, blah". :lmao: He gushes how much that really means to him. They cut to a private interview. He gushes how much that really meant to him.I couldn't take anymore. I tried. :shrug:
I honestly can't get enough.
:hifive: :goodposting: :goodposting:

I think the only reason why Ashley didn't go home last night is because he decided early on to kick Michelle out. Once he saw her in the sun minus the caked on make-up, it was the last straw. I could play connet the dots on her chin line and produce a picture of "The Last Supper". And her fake knockers looked horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible in the sun. Those veins looked like they were ropes hoisting up a grand piano. Her act wore thin on all of us. Well, except for Otis.
:lmao: GM - You are dangerously close to catching fire here. Maybe one more post for a heat check.

I love that you guys are using up your best material in this thread. :thumbup:

Chantal: Still reeling over her brush with elimination ( :kicksrock: ) and just happy to be in the running to continue her breathless streak of overreacting to everything.

'OMG Farmers Market!'
Pretty much can't argue with any of this, although Chantal's emotional breakdowns aren't scoring her too many points. I also think I have a crush on Shawntel.

One of my favorite scenes from last night's episode was Brad introducing the musician: "THE Bankie Banx!"

You could have told him that was Prince.

hotness aside, would anyone actually let ashley dentist work on their teeth for something other than a general cleaning?

also deep googling has confirmed she's not actually a DDS... but still in school... must've taken some time off school to do this.

hotness aside, would anyone actually let ashley dentist work on their teeth for something other than a general cleaning?also deep googling has confirmed she's not actually a DDS... but still in school... must've taken some time off school to do this.
Yeah, I was thinking 26 is awfully young to be a full time dentist, but I have no idea what it takes to get through Dental School. Though I'm sure there are tons of dentists out there with wrist tats.

The Sports Illustrated photo shoot is up on their website. And Chantal has a very appealing, smoldering, pouty sexy look to her. Her pics were by far better than the other two girls. Of course, I'm looking at her face. But the camera made love to her and all her curves.
Just looked at this. Hard to say what was photoshopped more: Chantal's backfat or Michelle's moles/pimples.

hotness aside, would anyone actually let ashley dentist work on their teeth for something other than a general cleaning?also deep googling has confirmed she's not actually a DDS... but still in school... must've taken some time off school to do this.
my dentist is a young, fairly attractive dating disaster and socially mildly immature - but at work she is totally different, has a successful practice, and is probably the best dentist i've ever had. people change completely when they take on different roles in life so i doubt her actions on this show are indicative at all of her skills as a dentist. heck, i know this guy who is a total dating disaster and makes terrible girl decisions and may come off as needy, yet is a heck of a confident and competent trial attorney

The Sports Illustrated photo shoot is up on their website. And Chantal has a very appealing, smoldering, pouty sexy look to her. Her pics were by far better than the other two girls. Of course, I'm looking at her face. But the camera made love to her and all her curves.
Just looked at this. Hard to say what was photoshopped more: Chantal's backfat or Michelle's moles/pimples.
The chubby cheeks on Chantal are amazing. She looks like a squirrel stocked up for winter. She could go two months without ever needing to hit that body fat reserve stored at her gut.

They definitely shopped some of her love handles away.Nip in photo #11? :goodposting:

How are her nipples not showing in any of those? Airbrushing? Seriously, in this one in particular:Where?

I watched the last episode on ABC Player. The women are all a little weird, nothing like the cool chicks that FBGs will date. The girl who went on the farmers market date seemed normal, until you find out she works in a funeral home. Sorry, but that would be a deal breaker for me. The blond is pretty... boring. I doubt she was really flattered by all the blushing and stuttering. Being very good looking myself, I find people who get intimidated by my looks annoying. The one who cried rivers was bat #### crazy, and a whale. The last girl is just ugly.

Am I being too picky?

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the last episode on ABC Player. The women are all a little weird, nothing like the cool chicks that FBGs will date. The girl who went on the farmers market date seemed normal, until you find out she works in a funeral home. Sorry, but that would be a deal breaker for me. The blond is pretty... boring. I doubt she was really flattered by all the blushing and stuttering. Being very good looking myself, I find people who get intimidated by my looks annoying. The one who cried rivers was bat #### crazy, and a whale. The last girl is just ugly.Am I being too picky?
Nah -- That's actually not a horrible summation of this thread so far.

General Malaise said:
Dr. No said:
Yeah, I was thinking 26 is awfully young to be a full time dentist, but I have no idea what it takes to get through Dental School. Though I'm sure there are tons of dentists out there with wrist tats.
Son, I was 23 when i graduated and started full time, and about 1/4th my class was between 24-25Then again i finished the 8 year program in 6 years and started school early to boot:mansion:

desert rose said:
When I saw that Chantal was in the Swimsuit issue, I thought "you're kidding me"? Then I saw her spread and was actually very impressed. The photographers did an outstanding job at bringing out the best parts of her. It was like....is this the same out-of-shape woman that I saw on the show?Wasn't surprised that there were no shots of Chantal from behind.....Too bad she's insecure and likely will have weight problem in the future.....because she is pretty.

Zow said:
I also think I have a crush on Shawntel.
Me too. By far the best of the remaining 4. Brad would be nuts to not pick her. So what if she works in a funeral home?
In the preview, she appears to be very comfortable with dead people. I am thinking that the funeral home may be a family business. Brad should seriously consider whether he can deal with a whole clan who has a very different idea about happy endings.

Wildcat said:
desert rose said:
How are her nipples not showing in any of those? Airbrushing? Seriously, in this one in particular:Where?
holy jebus

desert rose said:
When I saw that Chantal was in the Swimsuit issue, I thought "you're kidding me"? Then I saw her spread and was actually very impressed. The photographers did an outstanding job at bringing out the best parts of her. It was like....is this the same out-of-shape woman that I saw on the show?Wasn't surprised that there were no shots of Chantal from behind.....Too bad she's insecure and likely will have weight problem in the future.....because she is pretty.
You're giving too much credit to the photographer and not enough to photoshop and CGI.

Otis said:
YSR said:
desert rose said:
The chubby cheeks on Chantal are amazing. She looks like a squirrel stocked up for winter. She could go two months without ever needing to hit that body fat reserve stored at her gut.
The scariest part of all that is, this is the best she's ever going to look. She couldn't get her ### in shape for a national t.v. show - imagine what'll happen to that party pig when the cameras aren't around anymore. And I was a Chantal O fan until the started showing her more revealing clothing.Squinty has narrowed his choices down to a pretty flawed group. But that seems about right for this clown.

I agree that Emily probably farts rainbows but if a certain part of a relationship is important to Biff at all, he should stay very far away....while that kiss on the beach seemed pretty passionate in paradise.....I think you get this girl back to real world and while you may be having a great time staring at that face/body and high fiving yourself for "look at what I'm doing" she'd be thinking hurry up and get this over with as quick as possible while she is staring at the poster of car #5 that she has on the ceiling....the daughters name is Ricky....or some form of that....very difficult for any man to fill that space....not that space....the other one....I don't know if there is a man strong enough to be able to live with a woman who has clearly indicated she will never get past her lost love...it may be possible for her to fall in love again, but competing with that ongoing memory for the guy would be difficult....you would always be wondering what she was thinking about and if it was him....daughter is constant reminder....constant....and I thought I actually heard her say that she doesn't let her daughter meet guys she is just dating...I think she may have her daughter brainwashed that there is no othet guy inour life besides your daddy who has passed away...

Chantel will survive but Brad cares about appearance....

Ashley...next to go....

Funeral director is winner......nothing wrong with what she does....it is a great career, because just like a baby doctor, you know you will always have business......

Otis said:
YSR said:
desert rose said:
The scariest part of all that is, this is the best she's ever going to look. She couldn't get her ### in shape for a national t.v. show - imagine what'll happen to that party pig when the cameras aren't around anymore. And I was a Chantal O fan until the started showing her more revealing clothing.Squinty has narrowed his choices down to a pretty flawed group. But that seems about right for this clown.
Well, if I'm correct, the preview showed her mom and if that IS her mom, she looked kinda hot. Maybe we are all being a little premature here on Chantal. Also, it's not like she is OH MY GOD fat...she's just fuller than the other girls. Also, how old is she? If she's in her early 20's, could it be that this is college weight? Maybe she's hitting that spot in life where she realizes drinking and eating to excess will cause massive weight gain? Regular excercise will keep her in line and she'll realize it.I dunno...I think we're all being a little too harsh on her weight. I mean...go take your kids to a public pool on a Tuesday and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread