What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Funny take from realitysteve on Ashley's date:

When there’s a king sized bed in the bedroom right behind you waiting to get used and abused, and you’re talking about mosquito nets, it’s safe to assume this date has been one colossal failure. Man, that was painful to watch. I almost had to shut my eyes it was so bad. Like I said earlier, I doubt these two had sex just because of how awful the date was. Brad knew Ashley was going home. You could tell by the frustration. So if he was able to knock it out before sending her on her way, then congrats to him, but I can’t imagine that happened. Maybe he got a hainge or something. Google it. No need to explain.
ETA:Lots of spoilers on that site...avoid if you want any suspense.

I thought she said "what do you think about those mosquito bites?"

:kerristrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
ABC must have read our collective minds because they trotted her out in jorts!
I'm assuming there was some product placement happening (though I have no idea who the manufacturer might be), as it seemed to me that the three women all wore the same model shorts, just in different colors, on the first part of their dates. I find it hard to believe that was coincidence, particularly in stay puft's case - her legs looked like oatmeal stuffed into sausage casings. The good news is the sound of her jiggling cellulite may have served as an aural mosquito repellent when they stayed in the fantasy tree house.
You're trying way too hard. You can't possibly find her that unattractive.

ABC must have read our collective minds because they trotted her out in jorts!
I'm assuming there was some product placement happening (though I have no idea who the manufacturer might be), as it seemed to me that the three women all wore the same model shorts, just in different colors, on the first part of their dates. I find it hard to believe that was coincidence, particularly in stay puft's case - her legs looked like oatmeal stuffed into sausage casings. The good news is the sound of her jiggling cellulite may have served as an aural mosquito repellent when they stayed in the fantasy tree house.
You're trying way too hard. You can't possibly find her that unattractive.
On the contrary, she's quite fetching in several ways. But she's got some undeniable physical flaws as well that likely will get severely worse once she's landed her guy. Combine that with what we've seen of her personality/intellect/background and making long term plans with her seems an obvious recipe for unhappiness. Fantasy suite :unsure: marriage :wall: .

Ashley

I have to give her credit because she's sort of grown on me over time. The show's producers tried their best to make her look insane in early episodes, but I don't think that's a very fair portrayal, and it never really stuck. Ashley's pretty normal for the most part, and only looks odd compared to the other women because she seems to have some thoughts about being independent and starting a career. I wouldn't say she's exactly brilliant, but compared to Chantal and Emily, she's chairing a quantum gravity session at the APS annual meeting. It's during this episode that we realize how much Ashley is invested in this dude and how much Brad actually likes her. Now, don't get me wrong here.. Brad's been planning on an Emily/Chantal finale for a long time, but Ashley represents personality traits that he admires, but perhaps doesn't even like all that much. Seeing Brad interact with her family was uncomfortable TV; I don't think we've heard the man laugh once, yet her family was having a full-on giggle party. Brad also looked at Maine as as foreign country compared to Texas. Seattle and Charlotte were no problem, but Maine? Might as well be Canada. Those communists put gravy on fries.

I feel a little bad about Ashley after this episode. She was the sacrificial lamb ever since Shawntel left. Brad did his best to convince us that he and Ashley had this oh-so special bond, but over and over we kept hearing about how great that first date was with no indication that anything improved since then. It doesn't take a Bachelor expert to piece this one together. Ashley probably survived to this point by not having any obvious problems among the group and standing out as being relatively normal. This makes for pretty boring TV, and I'm straining to capture anything very interesting here.

The most :unsure: segment by far was their discussion about where to live. Now, keep in mind that Brad is all about Brad. You don't tell Brad that Brad can't live in Texas. You tell Brad you'll move to Texas. That's how Brad rolls, y'all. So it must have been a shock to have this exchange:

Brad: I wanna know where you want to live. Please be very clear about this.
Whoa, what is this, an interview?
Ashley: No, I'm going to be very clear.

Brad: Okay, I've been thinking about this..

Ashley: So, I've always had my heart set on, you know, being where it's warm.. like, regardless of where it is.
Brad's thinking, "Yes! Austin! Finally."
Ashley: But now that I'm like getting older, I would even consider moving to southern Maine.. next to my sister.

Brad: Ya.
:wall: Man that was some high comedy there. Great punchline too with that southern Maine bit. "Ya." Ouch.Later, we get this gem:

Ashley: You know what you want, and I know what I have to offer.

Brad: Mmm-hmm.

[silence]
Then they have a talk about how they are 12 years apart in age and he's essentially disappointed that she isn't going to drop everything to move to Austin to run a bar. Now, here we have one of the obvious flaws in the show from a practical standpoint. Brad is 38, and these girls are mostly in their mid-20s. Setting aside the fact that they are going to be very different people given that age gap, any woman with an ounce of individualism and drive is going to find this an impossible task to just drop everything to be with some jackass who didn't pick anyone last time through this thing. The disappointment on Brad's face is like watching a dad feel shame about his lesbian daughter. It's just awful to watch someone react so viscerally to this woman's ambition. My favorite part had to be his look when she mentioned going to dental conferences. She might as well have been speaking Afrikaans at that point the way he tuned out.
Ashley: Licensing Exam.

Brad: Jelly beans.
Yes, I think these two are on the same page.Of course later, this conversation manifests into a schism where they can't feel comfortable around one another. Gee, I wonder why, Brad. You basically told Ashley to give up having plans in life. Nice work there. Bless her heart, Ashley gives it another go trying to convince Brad that she wants to be "Superwoman" and that it's okay to compromise. The guy wasn't having any of that. Austin or nothing, babe. YOU DIDN'T MENTION AUSTIN. NOT ONE TIME. God, what a drama queen this guy is. She's like "dude, can't I just graduate?" In the immortal words of John Boehner: "no compromise."

Listen, Ash, Brad can't base his life on a carnival date. It was a decent-ish run.

Ashley: What do you think of the nets, the mosquito nets?

Brad: They work.
Yes, they do.Number out of a million that Ashley is (according to Brad): 1

Brad> "I'm eating lunch with a hippo!"
There was so much funny going on during that sequence that I couldn't keep up.
Chantal reading card> "If you choose to forego the semblance of chastity, you may spend the night in the fantasy suite as a faux couple.."Brad> "So, I'm hoping you'll say yes."Chantal> "I don't even want to finish dinner! I think I'm falling in love with you, because I didn't even think about food just then."
:lmao: Awesome
I'll kill you both! :hot:
Did you see the outtakes of Chantal sampling worms? Is there anything that girl won't eat?

Chantal reading card> "If you choose to forego the semblance of chastity, you may spend the night in the fantasy suite as a faux couple.."Brad> "So, I'm hoping you'll say yes."Chantal> "I don't even want to finish dinner! I think I'm falling in love with you, because I didn't even think about food just then."
:hot: Awesome
Did you see the outtakes of Chantal sampling worms? Is there anything that girl won't eat?
Yeah, that was quite the testicle kick to Team Chantal. :lmao:

Chantal reading card> "If you choose to forego the semblance of chastity, you may spend the night in the fantasy suite as a faux couple.."Brad> "So, I'm hoping you'll say yes."

Chantal> "I don't even want to finish dinner! I think I'm falling in love with you, because I didn't even think about food just then."
:lmao: Awesome
Yeah, that was quite the testicle kick to Team Chantal. :kicksrock:
On the other hand, there isn't anything she won't put in her mouth. Winning!

Emily

Dear, sweet Emily. Please, if you happen to read this, know that it's just the business I'm in. Being expert has its perks (I get comps and recognized a lot lately), but I know there's collateral damage too. I really do. Just know that I didn't mean to hurt you, baby.

With that out of the way..

Emily is a really special case. Despite all of the serious business red flags and tangible reasons not to keep her around, she's still here. By any objective measure she should have been let go a loooong time ago, but how can you turn off a rainbow, much less a double rainbow? You can't. You're just entranced by the ephemeral beauty. She's like human sherbet: overly sweet, no nutritional value whatsoever, and I want to keep eating until I have a raging headache.

Throughout this epic special journey, Brad has never been able to solve Emily. Last time we left our hero with her, he struck out looking at an eephus pitch. What's interesting here is that Brad dismissed Ashley over her wanting to finish dental school, but he seems to be completely on board with Emily having an overly sheltered daughter and unresolved issues with her fiancee's death. If there were a way to quantify this difference, it would rate Emily as a solid 12 and Ashley as a tenuous 4.5 on the offdee scale. Keep in mind that the scale is logarithmic. You heard me.

It seems safe to assume that Brad is making a serious effort with Emily because of all of the positive references toward her daughter. Look man, we all saw that date. It was a minor disaster. To think that all of these problems just evaporated after one day with her is just flat dumb. He even had performance issues over it. :unsure: So if this time in South Africa is all about getting down to brass tacks, we should expect some serious questions about how Emily is going to integrate her life with Brad. You're all moving to Austin, right? Yeah, that didn't happen. The gnome gets grilled over going to dental school, but Li'l Miss Sunshine here doesn't have to lift a finger. As a male, I revile and applaud this decision.

At dinner, Brad busts out his best Hanes blue v-neck to show how serious he is about this. The fantasy suite card comes out and the same block of text that was probably written in 2002 is read for the 493rd time, but this time we can see Chris Harrison's awful penmanship. Emily is saving her big revelation that she's "falling" for Brad until after they get to the fantasy suite. Before they can get to that point, she has to put on this chaste front and pretend like single moms don't do it. "Keep things going at the same pace we have." There will be no sex in the champagne room.. at least on the record.

Back at the Batcave, Brad is expecting Emily to be cold and shoot him down, but she stuns him by dropping the L-bomb. That slow-playing temptress.. WTF? If she were a poker player, Phil Hellmuth would berate her for being an idiot who doesn't know how to play. The guy's reaction was the best of the night. It's like he suddenly got hit with a bout of psoriasis. This woman has been bullying him around the entire series, and this was just another example. She makes it to the finale, but it's the classic battle of irresistible hotness versus immovable baggage. There's no paradox here: the baggage always wins.

Number out of a million that Emily is (according to Brad): 1

Mr Pickles you are truly the man.

My only request would be what you think of the sexual fortitude of each girl. For instance I think Chantel would be lights out anything goes in the sack. Pretty much ditto with Ashley but with Emily I get the sense that she makes you cut out the lights before she gets in bed and then the covers stay on and its only missionary. Hot girls never seem to be down right freaks like big girls or small ones.

So Pickles seems to be all-in with Chantal.

What's the consensus here? Barbie or Biscuit?
I have a hard time seeing, based on what has been shown, how anyone can think it will be anyone but Emily. Chantal talks for the umpteenth time about how she's falling in love with him more and more every day and he starts playing with his hands, not really saying much. Emily says one time about how she's just starting to fall in love with him and he soils his pants and starts tripping over himself to let her know that he feels the same way - "There's no way I could let you say that and not say it back", or something to that effect. There was also the mono-toned "You've just made me feel so great by saying that" or something along those lines. And it's been that way for at least the last 6 episodes. She's just on a different level in his mind. The only dealbreakers I could see are her not agreeing to move or him being so intimidated by her that he wusses out. Thus, Chantel wins by default - and make no mistake, it would be by default.But Pickles said a while back that he knows who wins, so that would explain his certainty in Chantel given the lack of evidence up to this point. So WTF do I know? :(

I agree with the expert. Brad is clearly into someone with very little independence yet with some issues. Both Chantal and Emily do fit that mold. So, tweaking that more narrowly we're left with the question of which one can move with zero complications? That's easily Chantal - so long as she can bring her cats. With Emily, she'll always have the Hendrick family looking over her shoulder. She's also clearly not over the death of the guy she dated at 18. 18!!!! Brad has kept her around hoping she'd change but clearly she didn't. Yeah she's gorgeous but if she didn't put out in the fantasy suite the dude's going to be understandably frustrated. After all, Emily can't have all this baggage and prudeness and expect it to go far when you have a chick who fits Brad's ideal: a free-spirited, emotional chick who has no individual ambitions and who is used to living off a rich older dude (father). With Chantal Brad can whisk her to Austin and know she'll be totally content living in Brad's presumably nice house and can use her free time and social drive to work out all day and keep herself on that wonderful one-step before obesity that is so hot edge. Yeah, she'll probably cry randomly and be a bit needy but I don't think that phases this dude and the sexual capability she appears to have should offset that. If she impressed him at all in the fantasy suite, and I have a feeling she did, despite his wishes Emily was the better choice she's by far the riskier option and given that he is a 38 year old dude who presumably shies away from any sort of relationship drama/baggage Chantal is the no-brainer.

I agree with the expert. Brad is clearly into someone with very little independence yet with some issues. Both Chantal and Emily do fit that mold. So, tweaking that more narrowly we're left with the question of which one can move with zero complications? That's easily Chantal - so long as she can bring her cats. With Emily, she'll always have the Hendrick family looking over her shoulder. She's also clearly not over the death of the guy she dated at 18. 18!!!! Brad has kept her around hoping she'd change but clearly she didn't. Yeah she's gorgeous but if she didn't put out in the fantasy suite the dude's going to be understandably frustrated. After all, Emily can't have all this baggage and prudeness and expect it to go far when you have a chick who fits Brad's ideal: a free-spirited, emotional chick who has no individual ambitions and who is used to living off a rich older dude (father). With Chantal Brad can whisk her to Austin and know she'll be totally content living in Brad's presumably nice house and can use her free time and social drive to work out all day and keep herself on that wonderful one-step before obesity that is so hot edge. Yeah, she'll probably cry randomly and be a bit needy but I don't think that phases this dude and the sexual capability she appears to have should offset that. If she impressed him at all in the fantasy suite, and I have a feeling she did, despite his wishes Emily was the better choice she's by far the riskier option and given that he is a 38 year old dude who presumably shies away from any sort of relationship drama/baggage Chantal is the no-brainer.
He said more than once this season that the emotional rollercoaster she was on has annoyed him, to the point that he almost sent her home.

we need more groceries..... :goodposting:

in the end I think Biscuit is the winner.....no matter how much he really wants it to be Emily, I think he realizes he will never be able to replace the ghost......he even said something along those lines a few episodes ago when he said something like.."thats a tough place for any man to fill".....but I do find it interesting that they have not really addressed that subject any more even though it is like a huge elephant sitting in the corner of the room....or Chantal sitting in the corner of the room.....

I dont know anything about the spoilers but in my mind there is no way in hades he picks Emily just from the kid factor. Its brutally painful to watch him try and navigate around that topic. Lets face it, no matter how hot the girl is (and Emily is smoking) having a little crumb snatcher is more than likely a deal breaker. Why put up with that hassle?

So Pickles seems to be all-in with Chantal.What's the consensus here? Barbie or Biscuit?
And full disclosure, I accidentally hit the spoiler page yesterday and saw the name of the winner, at least according to realitysteve.So I'm staying quiet on this discussion.

I dont know anything about the spoilers but in my mind there is no way in hades he picks Emily just from the kid factor. Its brutally painful to watch him try and navigate around that topic. Lets face it, no matter how hot the girl is (and Emily is smoking) having a little crumb snatcher is more than likely a deal breaker. Why put up with that hassle?
If having the kid is a dealbreaker, why has the deal not been broken yet?

Because she is hot and he wanted to bang?

I don't think it's the fact she has a kid which is a dealbreaker, I think it's the issues surrounding the kid. He either didn't see those initially because she is so hot or he has hoped to "solve" them or change her prior to the end because she is so hot so he has hung on to her.

Because she is hot and he wanted to bang?
:bow: I kinda missed the obvious there, huh?

Hometown dates round-up and revised odds

Chantal

It's kind of unfair to host Brad in Seattle. Great city, tons to do, tons to see, and it turns out dear old dad is rich as ####. Oops! Looks like someone just leveled the playing field.

So.. how did she look? I'm reaching for the right words here, gentle reader, but "doughy" came to mind. What really struck me about Chantal was her personality. We usually see the Bachelor women make the rookie mistake of opening up too much on their home turf and acting exactly how they would if the guy isn't around. Chantal epitomized this. She was the freaking poster child. She was ebullient, effusive, loquacious, and myriad other words she doesn't know the meaning of. Before we even get to her Bachelorette Pad, Chantal is conducting herself like a five year old hopped up on Oreos and Capri Suns. While she's never really held her emotions in check (with all of the expertise of a high flow sieve), she's also never been this goofy and immature before. We've seen copious tears, but never the giddy school girl routine which I imagine is pretty much how she carries herself day-to-day. Throw in the new knowledge that dad has a few mil in the bank and, well, this is all starting to add up. Her biggest concern is probably when to bathe "Jinxie." I know.

It doesn't even matter what Chantal's house looks like. Sure it's nice and probably paid for, but it's nary a few blocks from dear ol' dad. Yes, friends, you can almost see the metaphorical umbilical cord winding through the neighborhood. We know that Chantal was married before, and we also have superficial proof that she grew as a person less than a typical college freshman over those ten-ish years. I won't speculate as to why, but something set her into a state of emotional hibernation, and what do you know: Brad was lucky enough to meet her during the thawing phase.

Dad's house is a palace. Let's just cut to the chase here. You could service an Airbus in that foyer. I'm sure dozens of talented artisans toiled several man-years for this glorious moment, and that's just how it ought to be, I think. It is a two hour show pulling a 9 share on a Monday. Forget about Chantal's transmogrification, which we've all documented. Suddenly she's looking like a 16 on a 10 point scale, especially with the other ladies revealing all kinds of special talents and hidden issues. Mom is your typical surgery-corrected trophy piece and seemed to be actively competing with her daughter for attention. Kind of cliché, ABC (Shayne Lamas, anyone?). Really, now. I guess we know that lipo is in the cards.

If you were just to assess this hometown "date" based on Chantal's actions, she would earn a solid D+. She did just about everything wrong save wet the bed, but it honestly didn't matter. The deck was stacked. If anyone should have gotten a rose, it would be Chantal's dad. That charming son of a ##### won Brad over. It only took a glass of wine. Probably a three buck Chuck, too.

Shawntel

Where to start. Well, if Chantal Oh gets a D+, I think we can rate this a healthy P-. WHAT. THE. HELL. WERE. YOU. THINKING. Look, if I'm Brad, I probably running through the following thoughts in the limo ride: "Chico.. interesting name. 'Chico.' I wonder who thought of that? It's pretty awful. Aaron Rodgers is from Chico. Does she know Aaron Rodgers? That would be pretty cool. I wonder where we're going? Shawntel's pretty normal. I like that. I also like oatmeal. It's warm and tastes good. Holy ####, we're at a mausoleum." It's a record-scratch moment. The guy gets out of the limo, and what.. he's supposed to be super-amped that he's at a funeral home? Did I mention that this scene was shot on Halloween? It wasn't revealed in the show, but it was, which I'm sure put Brad in the right mindset for this "date." Sure, at some point the guy has to see the family bidness.. I think we all get that. But, come on, man.

It becomes clear that Shawntel does this because of her overbearing father who is intent on enslaving her into the family profession. While she seems to go along with it willingly to some extent (it's all she really knows), you can tell there's a "cooped up in Yonkers" feel to this whole thing. This bird wants to fly. Maybe she's a little unsure of herself ("hey, I can embalm people in Austin!"), but she really wants to get the hell out of that little town. Brad is her meal ticket to make that happen. How can dad question love? Well, he can, and he does. I think the producers coaxed a "you have my blessing" out of him since it's standard Bachelor script, but you could tell he'd never willingly let Shawntel leave. This provided for one of the most awkward moments in Bachelor father-daughter time. It was so bad that they really should have turned off the cameras as you could tell these two had buried this issue for years without taking it head-on. It's not like it was going to resolve itself in 5 minutes on camera. It was around this moment when I honestly felt sorry for Shawntel. She's surprisingly grounded and well-adjusted, perhaps due to her exposure to matters of death at an early age, but dad runs that show 1000%, and it's a shame. Why he insists that she "carry on [his] work" is perplexing. It's not like this guy is the Michelangelo of embalming, unless Chico is the Florence of funeral direction and I'm completely off base. Apologies, Chico. That little guilt trip he threw at her about some family friend "needing" her services was just flat weird. If that's any indication, this guy has some serious issues. It's a miracle Shawntel is as seemingly normal as she is. The whole time I got a Trinity killer vibe a la Dexter. If you haven't seen the series, that's a damn shame. It's a spot-on reference, though. Full marks to me.

For as stunningly normal as Shawntel is, did she have to pull out the crazy big syringe? Did she have to have Brad lay on the metal table?

"And then I'd take out the scalpel..."

"No, don't..."

:giantheadshake: Oh how wrong that all was. She was gone about two minutes into this thing, and it kind of stuns me that she didn't realize it. Maybe she is an odd duck after all and will end up marrying that creepy kid from the other family that runs the funeral home. Ew.

Ashley

She took perky from around an 8 to a 52 on this date. I actually liked Ashley the most that I've liked her during this series, but even still, I'm not really feeling this. Brad and she are really very different. Most of the time he was just trying to cut the saccharine with some bitters. Most of these family deals are others imposing their will on you and you just taking it. Brad is semi-good at feigning interest and going with the flow, but you can read just below the surface that he hated just about every waking moment with Ashley's family. I think several members of her family wanted to marry him, and well, that just gets uncomfortable.

Brad's mastery of French was really something. ¡Sí! Ay, pobrecito. That little interlude of him explaining how he messed up saying "yes" was obviously pasted in well after the fact. I'm positive he had no idea the entire time he was there. :frenchfacepalm:

What you notice about Brad's descriptions of Ashley is how much he "fell for her" after their first date. Yeah, that happened sometime back in 2009 or so. That's all you've got? I suppose you can fool the women you're dating with that dreck, but the non-house fraus in the audience can spot the pattern. You really don't like this girl, do you Biff? That's okay, sometimes a bad team makes the Final Four, and then that team loses to Duke by 28. Ashley didn't really do anything wrong here, it's just going to be her turn to play the sacrificial lamb. There are no more Britts on the show, so he has to start cutting people he actually knows the names of.

Once she's free (and she will be), we can all take heart that Brad won't be getting in the way of Ashley anymore. She's nearly licensed to overcharge insurance companies for unnecessary bridgework. And I, for one, welcome our new pint-sized dental overlords.

Emily

Brr.. is there a draft in here? No, that's just the biting chill of li'l Ricki's (the "i" means "girl") disdain for strange men. To the daughter, Brad probably looks like an ogre. Maybe you could tone down the Brawny ad for a day and shave or something, huh tough guy? To his credit, he does his best to break the ice, but we're talking about five years of well-honed disappointment fostered by mom's inability to get past this tragedy. Ricki (aww) is, sadly, I think, an embodiment of that. The poor kid was sucking her thumb, and at five, that's really not a positive sign. You could tell right away that Emily does everything she can for her daughter, which is terrific and highly admirable, but it's also incongruous with being on a pulpy reality dating show. You have to lose at least five mom points on a ten point scale for that. We've come to believe that Emily feeds neighborhood bunnies and emanates her own natural lavender fragrance as she sweats, but I think we're finally seeming confirmation of the opportunist. It's not like she was forced to do this show. People seek this thing out like it's a gold rush. Hell, there's probably video of her pushing some poor woman down in line to the auditions. If my instincts are correct, Emily is going to be offered a role as The Bachelorette, and I think she's better than a coinflip to take it.

This hometown visit was the most like a date of all of them as Brad basically just spent time with Emily and Ricki. No huge family to deal with. That had to be a nice change of pace, but for some reason this little girl was like Brad kryptonite. It's pretty obvious this guy has rarely if ever had to deal with kids, and certainly he's never dated a parent. Hell, even when the kid was asleep, he got stage fright. "I'd better go." I don't know if he was on a schedule or what, but that was a pretty awful performance. I wasn't sure how Emily was going to handle it, but instead of crying (what my gut told me she'd do), she nearly laughed at him. He then said, "you're not buying it." Oh no.. she's not buying it, sport. Dr. Freud called to say, "nice slip," by the way. Emily's reaction told me that she's not exactly the shy little coquette. Not that she should be, but the façade was pretty much invisible at times. I say warm up the set for the next Bachelorette. We might have something here.

As Brad walked away impotent (figuratively, and most likely literally), I think he realized that he was never going to be able to solve Emily. She's sort of like a Gordian Knot, though I think he's making this a lot harder than it needs to be. The poor ******* just wanted to pick the prettiest girl and win the prize. Guess he'll have to settle for dumping the rich one.

As we head toward the finale, it's pretty obvious that there's really no ideal path here. Brad loves Emily, but she's a little too Advanced Dungeons & Dragons for his level 1 elf. He pretty much loathes Ashley, but needs some ballast. He likes Chantal's boobs but isn't sure if he wants to invest in the body attached to them. Maybe the money will help? Hell, worth a shot. The alternative is to vote none of the above, and that's not really good PR for selling Shiner Bock.

Revised odds:

Chantal: 2/5

Emily: 5/1

None: 8/1

Ashley: 30/1

Next Bachelorette odds:

Emily: 4/5

Shawntel: 3/1

Chantal(!): 15/1

Field: 20/1

Until next Monday...
Wow. I had missed this episode, but now don't need to see it. I don't know why Pickles is wasting his talents and time with this...'scientist' bit.Incredible.

'Mr. Pickles said:
Something that has been bugging me more and more with Chantal is her voice. I don't know what kind of accent that is (can't be a Seattle thing, can it?), but the long-e vowels are really grating, as is the nasal thing she's got going on. Can you imagine that whining at you all day? "Braaaaad.. I'm hungreeey. Braaaaad.. I need moneeeey. Braaaad, I'm hungreeey.. again." :shudder: Then again, she's probably going to get sick of him saying "I love you, I really do" or "we need groceries; I'm 100% serious about that" or "there's no toilet paper; I looked twice, I really did" or "I'm being completely honest and forthright with you when I say that I would like you to pass the pepper."

To be continued...
:kicksrock: :popcorn: :pickle: When I first moved to the Pac NW, I thought it was a land devoid of accents altogether. But the longer I'm here and the more 'natives' I meet, I'm beginning to think that there IS a bit of an accent and you nailed it above. Remember the voice of Tenley from Oregon? Lotta that up here. Hell, my ex-wife sounded like a cartoon character at times.

Next Bachelorette odds:

:excited: I just hope she's not a blimp by then.
I just finished watching the last episode. In the picnic scene, the sight of 2 inches of muffin top squeezing out of Chantal's waistband completely ruined the South African Safari experience for me. This hippo must be gaining several pounds each week.

There is now word that, what was once thought to be spoiled, may not be. :popcorn:I hope you didn't bet too much, Woz.
Please keep the spoilings and/or unspoilings all out of the thread. Some of us are still following our hearts on this journey. :thumbup:

My wife bought one of those magazines yesterday and informs me Emily has done a pretty hefty amount of misrepresentation about herself on the show.

Next Bachelorette odds:

:excited: I just hope she's not a blimp by then.
I just finished watching the last episode. In the picnic scene, the sight of 2 inches of muffin top squeezing out of Chantal's waistband completely ruined the South African Safari experience for me. This hippo must be gaining several pounds each week.
It makes perfect sense. She had to refrain from the weekly meltdown or risk getting the boot, so she strapped on the feedbag as a substitute. I'm pretty sure when she's not filming she's decked out in flannel pajamas with a pint of Haagen Das.

Users who are viewing this thread