Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
azgroover

"The Bachelor" on ABC

Which is more likely to happen first?  

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone think something is odd about this show?

You have Brad, a 38 year old man from Austin Texas who owns four bars. A guy that women swoon over and probably have forever. The last time I was in Austin there was no shortage of stunning women..yet this guy can`t hook up? And he goes on this show TWICE to meet a woman??

Then Emily who is a very attractive youg lady who looks to have been taken care of by the Hendricks family quite well is going to go on a TV reality show and do battle with 30 other women for one guys attention?? Have to believe that anyhwere she hangs it is 30 guys going after her attention.

IMO the people that go on these shows are love seeing their face on TV..last night Ashley was auditioning to be the next one..preening for the camera with her makeover. Looks like she enjoys being on TV more than filling teeth.

Edited by Da Guru

who the heck is cori?

who the heck is cori?

Woman who said she was dating Ricky Hendrick the same time Emily was.

last night Ashley was auditioning to be the next one..preening for the camera with her makeover. Looks like she enjoys being on TV more than filling teeth.

Careful out on that limb branch

Edited by Limp Ditka

I loved seeing Jackie giving Michelle the business.

I kinda have a crush on the brunette with the dimples and strong jaw line. :unsure:

So... The Bachelor Pad 2 is gonna be an even bigger trainwreck than last year.

And full disclosure, I accidentally hit the spoiler page yesterday and saw the name of the winner, at least according to realitysteve.So I'm staying quiet on this discussion.

You know what's funny about Reality Steve? He's convinced that his vaunted sources weren't fed misinformation that led him astray for the past 3 months. It's hilarious the level of self-delusion he's exhibiting. He's now 0 for the last two finales. The thing is, someone is feeding him 100% accurate info up to the last show, then it's all misinformation. Crazy.

who the heck is cori?

Woman who said she was dating Ricky Hendrick the same time Emily was.
You mean to tell me a rich sports star was dating two hot chicks at the same time and instead of hating him for it they claw at each other? I don't believe it.

I think that other Ashley is hot.

Ashley S. >> Ashley H.
:goodposting:Although morbid Shawntel >>>>>>> rest for long-term dating purposes

Do any of you really think Ashley H. is responsible for that makeover? I think it was rather obvious from last night she will be the next Bachelorette. This is ABC's first shot at generating some interest in the Bachelorette, so they made her a very big focus of last night's show. I would be willing to bet the ABC folks had an intervention on the five-head and wanted to do something drastic to her looks to generate a little buzz for her.

Do any of you really think Ashley H. is responsible for that makeover? I think it was rather obvious from last night she will be the next Bachelorette. This is ABC's first shot at generating some interest in the Bachelorette, so they made her a very big focus of last night's show. I would be willing to bet the ABC folks had an intervention on the five-head and wanted to do something drastic to her looks to generate a little buzz for her.

whoever put that bright red lipstick on her has it all wrong.

My analysis...

She's been acting the whole time. She was acting (terribly) last night. You'd have to be as stupid as the stump on the show to not see it. Think about it - you've got the same take on her as Brad - that's not who you want to be siding with when it comes to cluefullness. One of her biggest supporters from the hen house - another actress. By the way - abandoning your kid to go on a meatmarket t.v. show does indeed make you a bad mom. Fortunately she stayed true to form and acted the drama queen when confronted with that too. Funny how she never found the time to mention her kid while she was still in the running - I guess she let Emily have that schtick and she went with the pyscho schtick.Last night's show was indeed more comedy. Best part were all the morons in the studio audience sucking it up and Brad being unable to evidence a personality even in the bloopers.

Lots of iNerds in here upset with a chick who'd clearly never date them.

:lmao:If by upset you mean entertained you're spot on, I wish she were still in the running. You're the one taking her seriously - heck even dumbo eventually kicked her to the curb, yet here you are standing up for her. How chivalrous of you Chris.

This explains basically everything.

She's like the human incarnation of Grand Marnier-infused vanilla bean cheesecake with macerated strawberry compote.

:lmao:Fun fact: Pickles has used the term "mess" 73 times in this thread.Interesting note: I'm proud to say I am looking forward to season 2 of The Bachelor Pad.:bag:

:goodposting: Her hair extensions were atrocious...

She's like the human incarnation of Grand Marnier-infused vanilla bean cheesecake with macerated strawberry compote.

:lmao:

Fun fact: Pickles has used the term "mess" 73 times in this thread.

Interesting note: I'm proud to say I am looking forward to season 2 of The Bachelor Pad.

:bag:

Then what's the bag for?

So Wes slept with Vienna? Serves Gia right imo.

Btw, I'm not proud to look forward to season 2.

You can put lipstick on a pig..but it is still a pig.

You can put lipstick on a pig..but it is still a pig.
You have Ashley H. confused with Chantal. Chantal is the pig. Ashley H. is a twig.

Get your :popcorn: ready! I am embarassed to admit how much better my mood just got for a Monday morning when I realized what was on tonight! :excited::bag:

lol

Current odds:

Emily - 1/5

Chantal - 20/1

I think it's been pretty obvious for months now and I'm sticking to it.

Current odds:Emily - 1/5Chantal - 20/1I think it's been pretty obvious for months now and I'm sticking to it.

20-1 odds! I'll take it!Biff takes Loaded parents over 5 year old kid.

I'd apply to date the next bachelorette, but only if it's Chantal. :wub:

Current odds:Emily - 1/5Chantal - 20/1I think it's been pretty obvious for months now and I'm sticking to it.

20-1 odds! I'll take it!Biff takes Loaded parents over 5 year old kid.
Kids are inevitable but that sexy, southern drawl is $$.. Emily and a bag of chips.

As a 38 year old with no kids of my own, the last thing I want to do is raise someone else's kid (unless I'm impotent and really need to be a dad - which I think is a mythical creature). There are thousands of Emilies out there without that kind of overhead, one probably walks into the guy's bar every other day, several times a day on Fri/Sat. We know these t.v. relationships very rarely work out - he'd have to be even dumber than he seems to strap that (emotional) load to his back knowing he'll have to work out of it in a couple of months. They all wanted to be on t.v., they got that, no need to make the sham follow on relationship more difficult than necessary.

Edited by Gr00vus

As a 38 year old with no kids of my own, the last thing I want to do is raise someone else's kid (unless I'm impotent and really need to be a dad - which I think is a mythical creature). There are thousands of Emilies out there without that kind of overhead, one probably walks into the guy's bar every other day, several times a day on Fri/Sat. We know these t.v. relationships very rarely work out - he'd have to be even dumber than he seems to strap that (emotional) load to his back knowing he'll have to work out of it in a couple of months. They all wanted to be on t.v., they got that, no need to make the sham follow on relationship more difficult than necessary.

If Brad were anything like the majority of us around here, I doubt he ever would've signed up for this to begin with.

If Brad were anything like the majority of us around here, I doubt he ever would've signed up for this to begin with.
:confused:

Do you think that, generally speaking, people who hang out on a messageboard are the types of people that would go on a show like The Bachelor?

Do you think that, generally speaking, people who hang out on a messageboard are the types of people that would go on a show like The Bachelor?
um, yes

um, yes
I rest my case.

um, yes
I rest my case.

I'd apply to date the next bachelorette, but only if it's Chantal. :wub:

Crap. :(

That doesn't have much to do with what I said.

um, yes
I rest my case.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

um, yes
I rest my case.

Sure it does. You offered your thoughts based on what you'd do and I'm just saying that I don't think his head is where yours is. :shrug:

Sure it does. You offered your thoughts based on what you'd do and I'm just saying that I don't think his head is where yours is. :shrug:
Huh, I guess I'm out on a limb thinking single, successful, underwear model looking, attention/spotlight craving, 38 year old men (which doesn't really describe me or 99.99% of the people on this board - no offense General Malaise) probably wouldn't go the insta-family route, particularly when female in question is (pretending to be?) hung up on her dead race car boyfriend, and there's another perfectly good, equally vapid option without that kind of baggage, whose family also happens to be rich, all the while knowing most of these relationships don't have happy endings.

I'm not saying Chantal can't win here but if she does, it will be like the Jets over the Colts in Super Bowl III and Duke over UNLV in '91 wrapped in the Miracle on Ice and topped off with that water buffalo getting away from those lions and crocodiles at Kreuger.

I'm not saying Chantal can't win here but if she does, it will be like the Jets over the Colts in Super Bowl III and Duke over UNLV in '91 wrapped in the Miracle on Ice and topped off with that water buffalo getting away from those lions and crocodiles at Kreuger.

So your telling me there's a chance...

If Chantal doesn't get the proposal, I think she might eat Ricki.

My wife as we're sitting on the couch just now: "Are there any new posts from Mr. Pickles on the bachelor? See if he posted any new thoughts before tonight."

Pickles becoming a mainstay at Camp Otis.

um, yes
I rest my case.
lol

You guys are nuts, i think Chantal is smokin hot!! Nothing wrong with a lady that has a little to hold onto. :thumbup: