What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Easy money. I felt genuinely bad for Chantal until it turned out that she's so fortunate that she was able to find two guys with everything she is looking for in a matter of months. No rebound going on there, huh? The girl is a high schooler. I will give her props for having a dignified exit.

My wife as we're sitting on the couch just now: "Are there any new posts from Mr. Pickles on the bachelor? See if he posted any new thoughts before tonight."Pickles becoming a mainstay at Camp Otis.
Future Mr. YSR had the same question tonight. :thumbup:

OOff, Emily shows up to the after-show and isn't wearing his engagement ring. Not a good sign for Biff.

Last edited by a moderator:
emily looks good now, but in 20 years her flaws will shine thru. bad teeth and too much forehead. best indication is her homely daughter :loco:

Holy crap, was that after the rose show awkward. Emily just sat there all smug and threw low blows at Brad all night. She doesn't even like the guy, and he's completely uncomfortable and nervous around her.

They're not going to last more than a month.

Chantal is much more this guy's type than Emily...he's trying to be something he's not.

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Holy crap, was that after the rose show awkward. Emily just sat there all smug and threw low blows at Brad all night. She doesn't even like the guy, and he's completely uncomfortable and nervous around her.They're not going to last more than a month.
She was very distant..you could tell they have alot of baggage already.

So, basically Emily told Brad that he could no longer just watch a Football game and have a beer anymore...and instead his time will be spent in the emergency room repairing head gashes caused by swingsets. He should've known to run right there and then.

So, basically Emily told Brad that he could no longer just watch a Football game and have a beer anymore...and instead his time will be spent in the emergency room repairing head gashes caused by swingsets. He should've known to run right there and then.
:lmao: I don't think that was exactly what she said.

'honky kong said:
'Joe T said:
'honky kong said:
'Gr00vus said:
As a 38 year old with no kids of my own, the last thing I want to do is raise someone else's kid (unless I'm impotent and really need to be a dad - which I think is a mythical creature). There are thousands of Emilies out there without that kind of overhead, one probably walks into the guy's bar every other day, several times a day on Fri/Sat. We know these t.v. relationships very rarely work out - he'd have to be even dumber than he seems to strap that (emotional) load to his back knowing he'll have to work out of it in a couple of months. They all wanted to be on t.v., they got that, no need to make the sham follow on relationship more difficult than necessary.
If Brad were anything like the majority of us around here, I doubt he ever would've signed up for this to begin with.
:confused:
Do you think that, generally speaking, people who hang out on a messageboard are the types of people that would go on a show like The Bachelor?
"A" messageboard or FBG's messageboard?

'honky kong said:
'Joe T said:
'honky kong said:
'Gr00vus said:
As a 38 year old with no kids of my own, the last thing I want to do is raise someone else's kid (unless I'm impotent and really need to be a dad - which I think is a mythical creature). There are thousands of Emilies out there without that kind of overhead, one probably walks into the guy's bar every other day, several times a day on Fri/Sat. We know these t.v. relationships very rarely work out - he'd have to be even dumber than he seems to strap that (emotional) load to his back knowing he'll have to work out of it in a couple of months. They all wanted to be on t.v., they got that, no need to make the sham follow on relationship more difficult than necessary.
If Brad were anything like the majority of us around here, I doubt he ever would've signed up for this to begin with.
:confused:
Do you think that, generally speaking, people who hang out on a messageboard are the types of people that would go on a show like The Bachelor?
"A" messageboard or FBG's messageboard?
Pick whichever one you think agrees with my point.

From day 1, I was an Emily fan and thought he should have picked her. But after watching ATFR, Chantal should have been the choice. At no point in the show, did Emily ever seem to really open up and be real with him. She always seemed scripted and forced including the proposal. Chantal on the other had was obviously really into him and would worked to make their relationship work.

I would also guess the "fantasy suite" date did not go over well with Emily and it seemed obvious they did a little more then kiss. Especially when Chantal broke out the "many sleepovers to come" map.

came to work and made a pot of coffee....couldn't wait for it to get all 12 cups done, so as soon as there was enough for a full cup I poured it....quickly back to my office...pull up FBG's....free for all....bachelor thread....ready to settle in for a good read.... :coffee: ....but no Mr. Pickles post.....devastated....

:(

:popcorn:

c'mon man....

My impression of Biff after last night is that he has been a single guy, with plenty of dough, doing exactly what he wants, when he wants. He likes things to go according to his script. When things don't go exactly the way he plans, he gets irritable and starts crazily darting his eyes around and rubbing his neck. He looked like someone with roid rage at times last night.

Best example is when he and Emily were on their last date. He sits down with this scripted, "I'm ready to be a dad, husband, blah blah blah." He expected his speech to make Emily melt...no questions asked, "Brad, you're my knight in shining armor. How could I be so lucky to find a guy who would say such amazing things to me." But she presses him a little (in an admittedly awkward way), "what does being a dad mean to you?" "are you sure you know what you're signing up for?" You know, a real conversation that doesn't just consist of cliches and greeting card material. Biff is stunned...she didn't melt...I thought this was the greatest, most heartfelt speech ever...I was 100% serious...you have questions for me? I don't know how to react...it's hot in here...I ...I'm getting angry...no, not angry...yes, I'm getting there...I need to pace around and drink water....this is by far one of the most amazing speeches I've ever written...and this is the thanks I get?

They both just suck at this, but Brad is the worst. I don't think you could draw up a more socially awkward, communication-challenged guy. She figured out really quickly when you strip away the cameras, the exotic dates, and get down to real life, Biff is not much of a catch. She's waiting for the spotlight to dim a little, and she'll end it.

Chantal is much more this guy's type than Emily...he's trying to be something he's not.Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.
:goodposting: I don't know what he saw in Emily. Sure, she's hot, but she seems to have zero personality and has major baggage, a child. But it seems that Brad's family liked Emily better, since she already is a mom. So you're saying that Chantal can't understand your world because she isn't a mom yet? Dude, who cares what you sisters in law think?All the signs were there that a relationship with Emily was going to be a trainwreck......but it seems that Brad had his blinders on.And Chantal looked really good when she got out of the limo.....and it was pretty hard to watch her break down like that....and you knew it was going to happen.

My impression of Biff after last night is that he has been a single guy, with plenty of dough, doing exactly what he wants, when he wants. He likes things to go according to his script. When things don't go exactly the way he plans, he gets irritable and starts crazily darting his eyes around and rubbing his neck. He looked like someone with roid rage at times last night.

Best example is when he and Emily were on their last date. He sits down with this scripted, "I'm ready to be a dad, husband, blah blah blah." He expected his speech to make Emily melt...no questions asked, "Brad, you're my knight in shining armor. How could I be so lucky to find a guy who would say such amazing things to me." But she presses him a little (in an admittedly awkward way), "what does being a dad mean to you?" "are you sure you know what you're signing up for?" You know, a real conversation that doesn't just consist of cliches and greeting card material. Biff is stunned...she didn't melt...I thought this was the greatest, most heartfelt speech ever...I was 100% serious...you have questions for me? I don't know how to react...it's hot in here...I ...I'm getting angry...no, not angry...yes, I'm getting there...I need to pace around and drink water....this is by far one of the most amazing speeches I've ever written...and this is the thanks I get?

They both just suck at this, but Brad is the worst. I don't think you could draw up a more socially awkward, communication-challenged guy. She figured out really quickly when you strip away the cameras, the exotic dates, and get down to real life, Biff is not much of a catch. She's waiting for the spotlight to dim a little, and she'll end it.
Yeah, he was acting as if she were his possession. Like it isn't her life as well. You're kinda putting me on the spot.

I think this is spot on.

Chantal is much more this guy's type than Emily...he's trying to be something he's not.Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.
:goodposting: I don't know what he saw in Emily. Sure, she's hot, but she seems to have zero personality and has major baggage, a child. But it seems that Brad's family liked Emily better, since she already is a mom. So you're saying that Chantal can't understand your world because she isn't a mom yet? Dude, who cares what you sisters in law think?All the signs were there that a relationship with Emily was going to be a trainwreck......but it seems that Brad had his blinders on.And Chantal looked really good when she got out of the limo.....and it was pretty hard to watch her break down like that....and you knew it was going to happen.
Biff has major dad issues to begin with. His efforts to engrain himself into Emily's / Ricky's life reeks of him thinking he can show his dad up by not only being a father, but being a father to someone that's not even his kid.

Since the first day he saw Emily, he was like a little puppy dog, running up to her, trying to please her, etc. He was enamored.

Emily latched the leash onto him on day one and spent the next few weeks dragging him all over the place, right up to and including the proposal and ATR show. He's got blinders on, it's obvious. He can't see her dead ex-husband sitting on her shoulder or the way that she is constantly manipulating his emotions. I feel bad for the guy because I know both personality types and they were doomed to failure from the start.

Excellent post. My wife said this behavior exhibited typical dbag guy behavior and she said exactly what you did. How dare you challenge my heartfelt cliche with a real question?But I will say that Emily showed typical can't please her no matter what high maintenance woman behavior. She knew what she was signing up for with this show? Biff told her he loved her before he proposed, breaking all the Journey of the Bachelor rules. He's not allowed to end the early, he gave her all the romantic dates to woo her. Meanwhile poor Chantal was forced to sleep in a tree where African mosquitos could feast on her ample backside and bosoms as she slept. But dingbat Emily reads all the ichatter about how boring she is (which she is) and she says no fair that she didn't get to do the fun dates. Biff is a mental and emotional midget, but what else was the poor guy supposed to do within the confines of the Journey of the Bachelor rules to prove she was obviously his favorite early into the process?

To paraphrase an eminent FFA scholar.... BLOUSES

Caught this with the wife last night for the first time. The blonde chick- pretty, but those are some serious chompers she's got there; whoever did those veneers is either a genius or a complete moron.

Without knowing a thing about either of these people, I guess I agree with the previous two posts. Teh guy seems to have bought into the UN-reality of being sequestered with producers feeding him lines and situations and somehow can't fathom that people might answer cliche statements of love with real questions that need real answers.

I think this is spot on.
Yep.

Did anyone notice the bracelet Emily was wearing while meeting Brad's family?

Black band with large, silver initials..."JRH."

Joseph Riddick Hendrick IV.

Oof.
I noticed that and mentioned it to the wifey....originally we thought that maybe that was her daughters initials with Ricky being her middle name that she went by or something....but no such luck for Bif or any other man in this world for that matter.....she will never truly be able to give 100% of her love to a man....edit...oops...disregrad....her daughters name is Josephine Ricki Hendrick....so she can say it was just for her....but dauhter has same initials, etc as her deceased father, so really the point is the same....

Last edited by a moderator:

I think this is spot on.
Agree, and yes, the bolded.

Brad needs to end this thing as quickly as possible. It is going no where fast. If he hurries he could potentially be The Bachelor for Season 17. This might as well be a career for him.

Although I picked Emily as the winner right from the start, it's clear Brad picked the hottest chick over the one who loved him the most. He's already regretting his choice.

As a Chantal fan, I'm glad she didn't get stuck with that goober.

She asked when he knew Emily was the one (he said he wanted to propose to Emily earlier in the "process") and he dodged the question.

When Emily first appeared on the aftershow, I thought it was Vienna.

Wait. Does Emily have a wrist tattoo
A very tiny (1/2" tall) VII on her left inside wrist I believe
She's got a tattoo for the dead ex AND wears his bracelet to meet Brad's family? Eesh...
She is utter trash, uneducated west virginia trailer park trash. She got preggers at 18 and parlayed that into one of the wealthiest families in Charlotte. Now way she gives all that up for Biff. If she is so prime and proper what in the hell is she doing on the bachelor and exposing her 5 year old to all of this. Brad is crazy for not picking the mortician Shawntal. She at least had a career and was nice to look at.

The whole "I knew early on" is a bit of a double-edged sword. I think it makes the guy look more certain in the decision, but all the time spent thereafter with the other girls is a bit of a trap. It was easy to see Emily was going to win early on. Aside from being hot, she and brad talked about serious adult things like kids while he was more playful with the others.

Excellent post. My wife said this behavior exhibited typical dbag guy behavior and she said exactly what you did. How dare you challenge my heartfelt cliche with a real question?But I will say that Emily showed typical can't please her no matter what high maintenance woman behavior. She knew what she was signing up for with this show? Biff told her he loved her before he proposed, breaking all the Journey of the Bachelor rules. He's not allowed to end the early, he gave her all the romantic dates to woo her. Meanwhile poor Chantal was forced to sleep in a tree where African mosquitos could feast on her ample backside and bosoms as she slept. But dingbat Emily reads all the ichatter about how boring she is (which she is) and she says no fair that she didn't get to do the fun dates. Biff is a mental and emotional midget, but what else was the poor guy supposed to do within the confines of the Journey of the Bachelor rules to prove she was obviously his favorite early into the process?
Double spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread