What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

15' Anaconda on the run in my neighborhood (1 Viewer)

This seems to have a pretty easy solution. Have everyone tie a rope to their kids and let them roam. Hold on to the rope and let make sure there is just enough slack. If the rope suddenly goes taught, follow the rope. Not that hard. If you don't want to commit to risking the kids (for whatever reason) you can always wash the neighborhood cats in Draino. If a cat then disappears, check the local emergency rooms. Chances are the snake will be in the waiting room. Thank me later.

This seems to have a pretty easy solution. Have everyone tie a rope to their kids and let them roam. Hold on to the rope and let make sure there is just enough slack. If the rope suddenly goes taught, follow the rope. Not that hard. If you don't want to commit to risking the kids (for whatever reason) you can always wash the neighborhood cats in Draino. If a cat then disappears, check the local emergency rooms. Chances are the snake will be in the waiting room. Thank me later.
:mellow:

The snake posse is meeting up Saturday. I think I will have to deputize several people. I asked the local boy scout troop if they wanted to help, but no was the answer. I thought there might be an Anaconda Finders Badge?

The snake posse is meeting up Saturday. I think I will have to deputize several people. I asked the local boy scout troop if they wanted to help, but no was the answer. I thought there might be an Anaconda Finders Badge?
Couple questions: Who is actually going to be the one sticking their neck under the front porches? And what excuse did the Boy Scouts give you? Or did they come right out and tell you that they were flat scared?:scared:Oh, and you will be providing pics, right?

I asked the local boy scout troop if they wanted to help, but no was the answer. I thought there might be an Anaconda Finders Badge?
It's posts like this that make me wonder if the mods deliberately post these things just to get me banned. :scared: :sniffs bait, walks away:

When I was a kid there was a family in my hometown who had a lion as a pet and he got loose and on the prowl one time. They were eventually forced to put the lion down. They were really upset because they claimed he was their pet and he wouldn't hurt anyone.

I hope this doesn't end well. It would make a great movie of the week. I can't wait to see who plays shuke.

When I was a kid there was a family in my hometown who had a lion as a pet and he got loose and on the prowl one time. They were eventually forced to put the lion down. They were really upset because they claimed he was their pet and he wouldn't hurt anyone.
It's a Lion. God people are dumb

Looks like I can help you on this, I own 5 tarantulas, 3 scorpions, 2 geckos and 1 snake. But I've owned several snakes and other "Creepy Crawlers." Anacondas are 100% legal in the US (I've seen bigger then 15 feet) They are actually awsome pets in the right hands. A loose snake will look four 4 things (not in this order)

1. Warmth (depending on species and location, if your down south that's not good)

2. Water source

3. Feed

4. Shelter

Anacondas prefer height living in trees, so I'd be looking up more then down. Trees and rooftops/attics would be your best bet but don't overlook the ground level. you'd be amazed at how a big snake like that could fit into small areas. Any place with a steady water source is a must to check as well as any abandoned houses (where rodents hang) Besides very tiny kids and pets I don't think anybody has any real worry besides a surprise (painful) bite. Keep all openings to your house closed unless there's a screen but that's still not 100%. Snakes are strong and smart! If it does get ahold of anybody unwrap from tail down or chop the damn things head off, rubbing alcohol or straight booze down the throat will usually get them to release. If you encounter the snake with-out attack don't freak. It's raised as a pet so odds are it won't consider you as anything but the thing that offers food it however may be jumpy out of hunger (don't confuse hunger with aggresion.) good chance you could just lean over and pick it up (with some help for a biggie like that.) I'm no expert but I've dealt with big scary thing like this 100's of times. Hell the local store calls me whenever a wild animals gets loose inside. :thumbup:

I am a complete spaz so I can't post pictures from my email here but I have a couple of great pictures of a python (don't know how large but big...very big) that a farmer caught in his electric fence (installed after sheep went missing). I remember being surprised at the teeth on the thing that it uses to hold on to its prey. Disturbing.

If someone could tell me how to do it I would love to share. Otherwise, pm me and I will send them.

Looks like I can help you on this, I own 5 tarantulas, 3 scorpions, 2 geckos and 1 snake. But I've owned several snakes and other "Creepy Crawlers." Anacondas are 100% legal in the US (I've seen bigger then 15 feet) They are actually awsome pets in the right hands. A loose snake will look four 4 things (not in this order)

1. Warmth (depending on species and location, if your down south that's not good)

2. Water source

3. Feed

4. Shelter

Anacondas prefer height living in trees, so I'd be looking up more then down. Trees and rooftops/attics would be your best bet but don't overlook the ground level. you'd be amazed at how a big snake like that could fit into small areas. Any place with a steady water source is a must to check as well as any abandoned houses (where rodents hang) Besides very tiny kids and pets I don't think anybody has any real worry besides a surprise (painful) bite. Keep all openings to your house closed unless there's a screen but that's still not 100%. Snakes are strong and smart! If it does get ahold of anybody unwrap from tail down or chop the damn things head off, rubbing alcohol or straight booze down the throat will usually get them to release. If you encounter the snake with-out attack don't freak. It's raised as a pet so odds are it won't consider you as anything but the thing that offers food it however may be jumpy out of hunger (don't confuse hunger with aggresion.) good chance you could just lean over and pick it up (with some help for a biggie like that.) I'm no expert but I've dealt with big scary thing like this 100's of times. Hell the local store calls me whenever a wild animals gets loose inside. :thumbup:
How the hell do you pull this off?

I am a complete spaz so I can't post pictures from my email here but I have a couple of great pictures of a python (don't know how large but big...very big) that a farmer caught in his electric fence (installed after sheep went missing). I remember being surprised at the teeth on the thing that it uses to hold on to its prey. Disturbing.

If someone could tell me how to do it I would love to share. Otherwise, pm me and I will send them.
I believe this is the story you are referring to.

2. Water source

3. Feed

4. Shelter

Anacondas prefer height living in trees, so I'd be looking up more then down. Trees and rooftops/attics would be your best bet but don't overlook the ground level. you'd be amazed at how a big snake like that could fit into small areas. Any place with a steady water source is a must to check as well as any abandoned houses (where rodents hang) Besides very tiny kids and pets I don't think anybody has any real worry besides a surprise (painful) bite. Keep all openings to your house closed unless there's a screen but that's still not 100%. Snakes are strong and smart! If it does get ahold of anybody unwrap from tail down or chop the damn things head off, rubbing alcohol or straight booze down the throat will usually get them to release. If you encounter the snake with-out attack don't freak. It's raised as a pet so odds are it won't consider you as anything but the thing that offers food it however may be jumpy out of hunger (don't confuse hunger with aggresion.) good chance you could just lean over and pick it up (with some help for a biggie like that.) I'm no expert but I've dealt with big scary thing like this 100's of times. Hell the local store calls me whenever a wild animals gets loose inside. :confused:
Mostly you gotta be 50% crazy and 50% brave, just grab the head while pinching the jaws (IE forcing the mouth open.) Work the bottle into the mouth as much as you can and pour. For me that's the prefered method. Save both lives if you can. The snake is just an animal doing what it needs to do to survive. Don't let the stories confuse you, very few snakes are actually aggresive and even less of them will kill you.

Oh yeah and if you get it alive, hold it behind the head and have somebody with you. That bad boy can easily out power a single human.

2. Water source

3. Feed

4. Shelter

Anacondas prefer height living in trees, so I'd be looking up more then down. Trees and rooftops/attics would be your best bet but don't overlook the ground level. you'd be amazed at how a big snake like that could fit into small areas. Any place with a steady water source is a must to check as well as any abandoned houses (where rodents hang) Besides very tiny kids and pets I don't think anybody has any real worry besides a surprise (painful) bite. Keep all openings to your house closed unless there's a screen but that's still not 100%. Snakes are strong and smart! If it does get ahold of anybody unwrap from tail down or chop the damn things head off, rubbing alcohol or straight booze down the throat will usually get them to release. If you encounter the snake with-out attack don't freak. It's raised as a pet so odds are it won't consider you as anything but the thing that offers food it however may be jumpy out of hunger (don't confuse hunger with aggresion.) good chance you could just lean over and pick it up (with some help for a biggie like that.) I'm no expert but I've dealt with big scary thing like this 100's of times. Hell the local store calls me whenever a wild animals gets loose inside. :)
Mostly you gotta be 50% crazy and 50% brave, just grab the head while pinching the jaws (IE forcing the mouth open.) Work the bottle into the mouth as much as you can and pour. For me that's the prefered method. Save both lives if you can. The snake is just an animal doing what it needs to do to survive. Don't let the stories confuse you, very few snakes are actually aggresive and even less of them will kill you.
SHIZNITTTT are you taking notes?

Oh yeah and if you get it alive, hold it behind the head and have somebody with you. That bad boy can easily out power a single human.
You think maybe showing the snakes it's reflection in a mirror would make it release?

Does it have a preference for people?

I mean, will the anaconda attack white girls first or something?

checked with some people who know the species more then myself.

WATCH WATER REALLY CLOSE!

Anacondas prefer to live in water but will go up high. Also any large woodpiles should be checked.

The Secret Life of an Anaconda**

Anacondas in the wild spend most of their time hanging out in rivers hunting for their food. They are solitary creatures that are somewhat shy and not many of them are easily seen. They are very well camouflaged in the swamps and bogs in which they thrive. There are some historical reports of early European explorers of the South American jungles seeing giant anacondas up to 100 feet long and some of the native peoples of the South American jungle have reported seeing anacondas up to 50 feet long. No one has caught and measured an anaconda anywhere near that size. It is important to note that when a dead anacanda's hide or skin is laid out it can be stretched very easily, expanding to much longer lenths than the snake exhibited when alive. Reports of outsize anacondas that cannot be verified are usually due to distortions in perception, or a snake skin being disproportiantely stretched and inaccurately measured. People are generally really bad at estimating length, especially for larger snakes. In fact, the larger the snake, the larger the margin of error.

Anacondas like to hang out in rivers so it would be difficult to estimate the length of one seen swimming, without seeing the entire snake. It's the anaconda's ability to remain partly hidden in the water that makes it difficult to accurately find (and document) a specimen that exceeds the current world's record. (Would you want to jump in the water after a giant anaconda to try and measure a snake big enough to swallow you whole?)

**Borrowed from web. :wub:

Better catch that thing fast. :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so I have my six pack of beer ready, a shovel, a couple of buddies and starting Saturday we are on the hunt!

Seriously, this thing could be living in 30 different houses that are 80% built in our neighborhood.

If I don't make it back, have my part in the movie played by Marty Feldman or Peter North.

Okay so I have my six pack of beer ready, a shovel, a couple of buddies and starting Saturday we are on the hunt!
:lol:This is the part of the movie where the guys go out looking for the snake, quickly give up and assume they are safe. They start throwing back the beers, get increasingly drunk, and then the snake shows up and kills them all.Good luck! :thumbup:

The Secret Life of an Anaconda**

Anacondas in the wild spend most of their time hanging out in rivers hunting for their food. They are solitary creatures that are somewhat shy and not many of them are easily seen. They are very well camouflaged in the swamps and bogs in which they thrive. There are some historical reports of early European explorers of the South American jungles seeing giant anacondas up to 100 feet long and some of the native peoples of the South American jungle have reported seeing anacondas up to 50 feet long. No one has caught and measured an anaconda anywhere near that size. It is important to note that when a dead anacanda's hide or skin is laid out it can be stretched very easily, expanding to much longer lenths than the snake exhibited when alive. Reports of outsize anacondas that cannot be verified are usually due to distortions in perception, or a snake skin being disproportiantely stretched and inaccurately measured. People are generally really bad at estimating length, especially for larger snakes. In fact, the larger the snake, the larger the margin of error.

Anacondas like to hang out in rivers so it would be difficult to estimate the length of one seen swimming, without seeing the entire snake. It's the anaconda's ability to remain partly hidden in the water that makes it difficult to accurately find (and document) a specimen that exceeds the current world's record. (Would you want to jump in the water after a giant anaconda to try and measure a snake big enough to swallow you whole?)

**Borrowed from web. :yes:

Better catch that thing fast. :goodposting:
Shy, BBSF (HWP) looking for fun, travel and adventure with mate with LTR interest potential to get into my coils and never let go. I enjoy water based recreation, love animals, or just curling up in a warm place with my SO. Must be comfortable in own skin. Non-smoker, light drinker. Must be ok with body art.

SHIZNITTTT said:

Seriously, this thing could be living in 30 different houses that are 80% built in our neighborhood.

If I don't make it back, have my part in the movie played by Marty Feldman or Peter North.
good cripes, man, you might as well say "I'll be right back" on your way out...nice iKnowin' ya:deadmanwalking:

Tiger Fan said:
i'm flored by how many people are taking this thread seriously
I got bored and called the Broken Arrow PD. They hadn't heard of this.
Seriously? My wife has called the PD, and Animal Control. The case is being handled by the Tulsa Police Department.You have to actually call the Tulsa PD. Weird we live in Broken Arrow, but the Tulsa PD covers this area. Although we have about 10 Broken Arrow Police Department Employees living in the neighborhood.UPDATE!Just got off the phone with the Tulsa Police Department and the "case" has been handed over to the Tulsa County Animal Control. Our contact person is Leroy. If anyone needs the contact number pm me for further details.Leroy cannot meet with the snake posse on Saturday, but was able to give us tips on what to do if we spot the snake.

Tiger Fan said:
Seriously? My wife has called the PD, and Animal Control. The case is being handled by the Tulsa Police Department.You have to actually call the Tulsa PD. Weird we live in Broken Arrow, but the Tulsa PD covers this area. Although we have about 10 Broken Arrow Police Department Employees living in the neighborhood.

UPDATE!

Just got off the phone with the Tulsa Police Department and the "case" has been handed over to the Tulsa County Animal Control. Our contact person is Leroy. If anyone needs the contact number pm me for further details.

Leroy cannot meet with the snake posse on Saturday, but was able to give us tips on what to do if we spot the snake.
What tips did Leroy give you?

Tiger Fan said:
Seriously? My wife has called the PD, and Animal Control. The case is being handled by the Tulsa Police Department.You have to actually call the Tulsa PD. Weird we live in Broken Arrow, but the Tulsa PD covers this area. Although we have about 10 Broken Arrow Police Department Employees living in the neighborhood.

UPDATE!

Just got off the phone with the Tulsa Police Department and the "case" has been handed over to the Tulsa County Animal Control. Our contact person is Leroy. If anyone needs the contact number pm me for further details.

Leroy cannot meet with the snake posse on Saturday, but was able to give us tips on what to do if we spot the snake.
Best advice that Leroy could give us was to call the Tulsa County Animal Control. But, I told Leroy that I had a 6 pack of beer, and some buddies that were going to hunt the monster with shovels and homemade spears. Leroy stated again, "if you spot the snake please call the Tulsa County Animal Control!" Leroy started to sound like a broken record.

I am starting to think that Leroy didn't believe that the Snake Posse (or "the 6 pack gang" as I have heard some refer to us few brave gladiators) would not stand a chance against this beast.

I was on the fence up until I read that the Animal Control guys name is Leroy... But now I feel confident saying that this is one big fishing trip.

Tiger Fan said:

UPDATE!

Best advice that Leroy could give us was to call the Tulsa County Animal Control. But, I told Leroy that I had a 6 pack of beer, and some buddies that were going to hunt the monster with shovels and homemade spears. Leroy stated again, "if you spot the snake please call the Tulsa County Animal Control!" Leroy started to sound like a broken record.

I am starting to think that Leroy didn't believe that the Snake Posse (or "the 6 pack gang" as I have heard some refer to us few brave gladiators) would not stand a chance against this beast.
I'm going to side with Leroy on this one. I don't care how much beer you drink, shovels and homemades spears won't stop a snake that large. You really ought to have shotguns and some sort of large blade. An axe or hatchet, or maybe a Rambo-style hunting knife would do. Samuri swords would probably be a little over the top.

I was on the fence up until I read that the Animal Control guys name is Leroy... But now I feel confident saying that this is one big fishing trip.
Just give the Tulsa Animal Control guys a call, and tell them you are asking about the snake at Stone Creek Farms in Broken Arrow, or 193rd and 51st. Ask to speak with Leroy.

There's a part of me that doesn't want this snake ever to be caught and for this thread to live on forever.

Users who are viewing this thread