What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Draft Bloom 100! (1 Viewer)

Giving up on Lendale already?

Torain is going to surprise.

Smith too low, Forte too high. Forte will be a below average starter at best.

Like the Chris Johnson ranking.

those are my initial thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Smith falls that far in my dynasty drafts. What you call dancing, I call finely choreographed decisions. We'll see which one of us turns out to sound like the politician and which was prophetic. :thumbup:

What I really want to know from you Sig, is who do you prefer: McShay or Kiper?

Good read. Let's the air out of the Kevin Smith and Felix Jones balloons. I tend to agree, but Felix should inherit JJs role, not as a starter, but in the same service. If he can break a few longer runs, which he looks very capable of, then his situation is not terrible. We have to start appreciating some RBBC because it's just part of the deal now, and the one in Dallas is pretty juicy for yards and scoring. I agree with you about the Choice comments, and I expect that to be an interesting battle if both backs get a fair shot.

I like those top three backs in reverse order. I understand if you think McFadden has big issues he should be downgraded. I think it's overanalysis, but we'll see. Mendenhall is in a great situation, imo. Great organization, undersized speed back in front of him coming off a broken leg and 300+ carries. Mendy is going to take over there faster than Barber did in Dallas. Stewart is in a tough spot. It is hard to produce there. The coaching philosophy is very devoted to RBBC. I expected him in RBBC when I first engaged the conversation, and I think it will be clear that that is the plan and the plan won't change for years unless the staff changes, which it could.

Great work. I don't agree with your McFadden assessment - Al didn't draft him at #4 to not be the feature back. Not sure how long it will take but it shouldn't be long. I think it works out like the Vikes last year with maybe Bush stealing some TD's.

I understand the criticisms of McFadden's game, I just think the upside is better than what you get from Stewart or Mendenhall. It's a tough call though because the argument could be made for any of the three.

Stewart seems like the type of back Fox dreams about - a Stephen Davis clone. It's certainly possible than DeW gets tossed to the side in favor of Stewart, but I have to wonder given the way Fox handled Foster and gave him more opportunities than anyone expected him to. Certainly this could be Stewart's job alone in a year or two but until then I have the uneasy feeling that this will be pure RBBC with Stewart handling most of the goal line work.

Mendenhall is a tougher nut to crack because he's behind a proven back who has a relatively cheap contract (meaning the Steelers will have no reason to cut him). This should be in RBBC for the next two years but anything can happen and he could be the feature back sooner than expected.

I have them ranked McFadden, Mendenhall, and Stewart.

Don't listen to them Bloom... leave Smith at 13... I'd love to get him at the end of round one like I did Gore. :useless:

No Jordy Nelson in the top 100?
Besides this one???
20 Jordy Nelson WR Green BayNelson should catch 60-80 balls a year as a super slot receiver, but his presence helps Brohm/Rodgers and Greg Jennings the most because he can work the middle of the field til the cows come home to the meat packing plants in Green Bay.
Catching balls in traffic is pretty much what James Jones does too. Quality young receivers in GB are the standard now. Nice job Bloom. :useless: A lot of rookie drafts starting friday.

Bloom,

I'm interested in why you think 24K will not receive the goal line carries in Detroit? He scored 30 TDs last year for the Knights and his vision is arguably his best attribute.

Posted your work in our beloved IDP Forum.

Other than what I think will be a very good debate over how the top 5-6 LBs shake out by August, it looks like we're mostly in agreement. I think you've got the rush backers overrated some (if we're using the FBG scoring system) and we have our usual differences in the non-tackling corner vs safeties with some upside camps.

Great read and big :goodposting: on cranking this out so quickly with such great quality.

Bloom,I'm interested in why you think 24K will not receive the goal line carries in Detroit? He scored 30 TDs last year for the Knights and his vision is arguably his best attribute.
OK, I'll go 1st....What is that?
He was number 24 at UCF, his first name is Kevin and they had gold colored jerseys.
Oh dear, I can see the crazy nickname threads starting already...
oh dear

Odd that you say Harry Brown doesn't run crisp routes. It's the exact opposite of what TD said about him, and the reason they drafted him. "An ability to put his foot in the dirt and go". Not that I know any better, just sayin'.

I have the #2 pick in my rookie draft coming up and I plan on taking Kevin Smith. I don't see anything on film that he can't do and I believe those that pass on him will be passing on the next Frank Gore/Terrell Davis/Curtis Martin/MJD sleeper from this draft.

As I said, i'm going to put my money where my mouth is in two weeks and take 24K #2 . Barring injury, he will win Rookie of the Year honors.

Odd that you say Harry Brown doesn't run crisp routes. It's the exact opposite of what TD said about him, and the reason they drafted him. "An ability to put his foot in the dirt and go". Not that I know any better, just sayin'.
That quote could just mean he's not losing speed when he makes a cut. That's not the same as running crisp routes.

Bloom,I'm interested in why you think 24K will not receive the goal line carries in Detroit? He scored 30 TDs last year for the Knights and his vision is arguably his best attribute.
OK, I'll go 1st....What is that?
He was number 24 at UCF, his first name is Kevin and they had gold colored jerseys.
Oh dear, I can see the crazy nickname threads starting already...
oh dear
Oh d-d-dear-dear :hey:

Good read. Let's the air out of the Kevin Smith and Felix Jones balloons. I tend to agree, but Felix should inherit JJs role, not as a starter, but in the same service. If he can break a few longer runs, which he looks very capable of, then his situation is not terrible. We have to start appreciating some RBBC because it's just part of the deal now, and the one in Dallas is pretty juicy for yards and scoring. I agree with you about the Choice comments, and I expect that to be an interesting battle if both backs get a fair shot. I like those top three backs in reverse order. I understand if you think McFadden has big issues he should be downgraded. I think it's overanalysis, but we'll see. Mendenhall is in a great situation, imo. Great organization, undersized speed back in front of him coming off a broken leg and 300+ carries. Mendy is going to take over there faster than Barber did in Dallas. Stewart is in a tough spot. It is hard to produce there. The coaching philosophy is very devoted to RBBC. I expected him in RBBC when I first engaged the conversation, and I think it will be clear that that is the plan and the plan won't change for years unless the staff changes, which it could.
I 2nd the Good Read. I am happy to see some of the Air let out of the McFadden Balloon and I have a hunch that Sig would have truly liked to find away to rank him even lower. If SIG and I and other DMAC detractors are wrong then hey thats how it goes, Those of you who stuck by your guns and see him as the next Eric Dickerson, if he gets even 2/3rds the way there you will have been vindicated and should come to the boards and give us Nani nani boo boo's.

Don't listen to them Bloom... leave Smith at 13... I'd love to get him at the end of round one like I did Gore. :yes:
Kirby every time I think of responding your Avatar distracts me, and I forget what the hell I was going to say. Great job on snagging Gore, I'm not so sure on Smith

When Shannhan says Torain reminds me of Terrell Davis I listen. Torain is already in my top 5!
Is it just me, or does Torian run very straight up? Granted this is a workout video, but still...
He reminded me of Bo Jackson the first time I saw him touch the ball, both physically (very similiar size and sculpture in pads) and there style of running the ball uprightish. Another comparable running style is Larry Johnson, again not in talent just the style in how he runs. Problem with Torain he is not quite there in his ability to lower his pads when contact is incoming like the above, he'll run mostly high throughout his runs and he loses his ability to churn extra yards out because of it.

I know he wasn't in your pre-draft 100, but Pierre Garcon has to be considered, ending up in Indy. The depth behind Wayne, Harrison and Gonzalez is thinner than (insert joke about Nicole Ritchie here). Garcon will make the roster and gets to learn from the best of the best.

I know he wasn't in your pre-draft 100, but Pierre Garcon has to be considered, ending up in Indy. The depth behind Wayne, Harrison and Gonzalez is thinner than (insert joke about Nicole Ritchie here). Garcon will make the roster and gets to learn from the best of the best.
What about Roy Hall?

Good read. Let's the air out of the Kevin Smith and Felix Jones balloons. I tend to agree, but Felix should inherit JJs role, not as a starter, but in the same service. If he can break a few longer runs, which he looks very capable of, then his situation is not terrible.
I agree on Kevin Smith, but - as expected - totally disagree on Felix. If Barber could do what he did in a limited role (135-204 carries), then there is no reason not to expect Jones to put up at the very least the same yardage, and a few long TDs. Plus Felix will see more touches in the return game, if your league gives points for that.I expect Jones to get 700-800 yards this season, and 6-8 TDs, plus 300 yards receiving and 2-4 rec TDs. You can bookmark this and bump it later.

13 Kevin Smith RB Detroit

Let someone else overpay for Smith. I already explained why I don't like his running style, although playing indoors 9+ games a year will mitigate that - the other problem is that I don't see him getting short yardage/goal line carries - more on that later. He'll be long gone before 13 in every rookie draft.
I agree with the bolded part. Should I be concerned that I agree more with Millen than Bloom? ;) 24K is a :moneybag: nickname

Good read. Let's the air out of the Kevin Smith and Felix Jones balloons. I tend to agree, but Felix should inherit JJs role, not as a starter, but in the same service. If he can break a few longer runs, which he looks very capable of, then his situation is not terrible.
I agree on Kevin Smith, but - as expected - totally disagree on Felix. If Barber could do what he did in a limited role (135-204 carries), then there is no reason not to expect Jones to put up at the very least the same yardage, and a few long TDs. Plus Felix will see more touches in the return game, if your league gives points for that.I expect Jones to get 700-800 yards this season, and 6-8 TDs, plus 300 yards receiving and 2-4 rec TDs. You can bookmark this and bump it later.
:moneybag: I don't know what you're disagreeing with. I was arguing the situation for Felix is actually pretty good. 8-12 TDs may be stretching it with Barber there, but tds are always dicey to project. I agree with the yardage guestimate. You cut my quote to soon. I said it's pretty juicy in Dallas for yards and scoring. Something else to consider is the way Barber runs. Eventually that has to take a toll or worse something breaks, so Felix could find himself very very involved there. I don't hate RBBCs anymore. With what MJD has done with Taylor, I have come to expect them and just seek the best teams running them. Bloom can argue Choice is better fit to be featured, but when teams invest first rounders they give them every opportunity.

I agree on Kevin Smith, but - as expected - totally disagree on Felix.
;) I don't know what you're disagreeing with.
Ahhh... I quoted you, but was actually replying in reference to Bloom having Jones so low on his list of RBs. Kinda in agreement with you :moneybag:

felix=norwood in a better o, but with dicier hands.
Bloom, generally I respect your take on players, but this is one where you are way way way way way off. I'm not sure why you have such a negative view of Jones, but if you think he is Norwood with lesser hands, you really haven't seen the two of them play.

13 Kevin Smith RB Detroit

Let someone else overpay for Smith. I already explained why I don't like his running style, although playing indoors 9+ games a year will mitigate that - the other problem is that I don't see him getting short yardage/goal line carries - more on that later. He'll be long gone before 13 in every rookie draft.
I agree with the bolded part. Should I be concerned that I agree more with Millen than Bloom? :lmao: 24K is a stupid nickname
Fixed that for ya What do people think of Hightower on ARI ?

Sigmund Bloom said:
To me, Felix is a faster Julius Jones. I can see him being equally efficient to Norwood circa '07. But he'll probably get more opportunities to score, rack up yards in Dallas' O.

switz said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
Bloom, generally I respect your take on players, but this is one where you are way way way way way off. I'm not sure why you have such a negative view of Jones, but if you think he is Norwood with lesser hands, you really haven't seen the two of them play.
let me be a little clearer - the Norwood comparison was mainly role based, but the hands comment alludes to Jones being less of a factor in the passing game.I actually think Norwood has more lethal lateral agility and just about as good a burst as Felix.I see Felix as a Tatum Bell type.

Users who are viewing this thread