What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 Teams and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Ruffrodys05

1.12 (12): Larry Johnson, KC, RB10 (6)

2.05 (21): Ronnie Brown, Mia, RB15 (4)

3.12 (44): Roy Williams, Det, WR18 (4)

4.05 (53): Greg Jennings, GB, WR21 (8)

5.12 (76): Kevin Curtis, Phi, WR29 (7)

6.05 (85): Philip Rivers, SD, QB15 (9)
Not to toot my own horn too extremely, but I'm liking my team very much right about now. Not saying it's the top team or even top 3, but I think at this point I have a really good group of core players. Now I must make the most out of these "make-or-break" middle rounds which play so heavily into the success of a survivor team.

4.6 QB Carson Palmer Bengals1.11 RB M Lynch Bills2.6 WR Andre Johnson Texans5.11 WR Lav Coles J-E-T-S3.11 TE A Gates
This is my favorite team thus far...
How the hell did Gates fall to the bottom of the third?
Been wondering that too. I almost took him at the 2/3 turn, but with LT already on board decided not to.
People underestimate the value of the tier1 TEs in this format. On another note, I drafted Winslow over Gates because I think he's less likely to miss games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruffrodys05

Not to toot my own horn too extremely, but I'm liking my team very much right about now. Not saying it's the top team or even top 3, but I think at this point I have a really good group of core players. Now I must make the most out of these "make-or-break" middle rounds which play so heavily into the success of a survivor team.
To play devil's advocate- you reached on jennings and Curtis had a tendency to disappear last year

- you're going to get killed at TE

- your RBBC will need to work

- you'll likely be below average at QB

Okay, this is updated through 6.13 and won't be updated again until Sunday night or Monday or never. My destination is somewhere south of Tijuana. If you don't hear from me by Monday night... send lawyers, guns and money.

Have fun.

I believe that the WRs at this point are rather MEHHHHHH and I so I went with my best avaible QB. He was not really a bargain, but I like the Campbell/Palmer tandem.

The teams should be caught up. You might want to check for errors this time

I believe that the WRs at this point are rather MEHHHHHH and I so I went with my best avaible QB. He was not really a bargain, but I like the Campbell/Palmer tandem.
I'm hurtin' for a QB in a dynasty league. I have deals working for Campbell and Bulger. Obviously Campbell comes cheaper, but what do you like about him over say Leinart and a few others still available. :thumbdown:

I'm hurtin' for a QB in a dynasty league. I have deals working for Campbell and Bulger. Obviously Campbell comes cheaper, but what do you like about him over say Leinart and a few others still available. :shrug:
I think that he made great strides last season and this will be his third as a starter. He has decent options in S Moss, Cooley, Portis, and Betts as well as a couple of talented rookies. They have a decent line and a stronge running game that keeps folks honest, so he has tools for success. He was underappreciated as a collegian but led Auburn to very good seasons, I believe that he was the QB as they went undefeated, no easy task in the SEC. Good athlete and good leadership with plenty of options, could do worse. Regarding Lienart, I would consider him a potential equal talent, but he seems distracted and is on a team that the coaches seem determined to run the ball to control the clock, even with Boldin and Fitz.

rzrback77 said:

I'm hurtin' for a QB in a dynasty league. I have deals working for Campbell and Bulger. Obviously Campbell comes cheaper, but what do you like about him over say Leinart and a few others still available. :ptts:
I think that he made great strides last season and this will be his third as a starter. He has decent options in S Moss, Cooley, Portis, and Betts as well as a couple of talented rookies. They have a decent line and a stronge running game that keeps folks honest, so he has tools for success. He was underappreciated as a collegian but led Auburn to very good seasons, I believe that he was the QB as they went undefeated, no easy task in the SEC. Good athlete and good leadership with plenty of options, could do worse. Regarding Lienart, I would consider him a potential equal talent, but he seems distracted and is on a team that the coaches seem determined to run the ball to control the clock, even with Boldin and Fitz.
Any worries about a new coach and coordinator? Seems to be any strides made last season might disappear as he learns a new offense.

Shadowfax said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
8.07 Jake Delhomme, QB, Car Here's to hoping the elbow is in good shape. PMing ACP
Are you trying to get knocked out Week 9?
hoping to make it that far ... I took a weak QB1 and JD was the last decent QB2 I had on my list with Kitna going right before ...
moving this here, so as not to clog the draft thead. I found the DWill pick interesting, especially since he shared a bye with Bush and there seemed to be other RB options available. DWill did seem to be your highest ranked RB left. What's your thoughts on the Carolina RB situation, as you apparently lilke him much more than Stewart. I just think Stewart becomes the main RB there. DWill couldn't beat out Foster and I can't believe Carolina has that much confidence in DWill. I just don't think they see him as an every down RB. I think they focus back on more of a power running game...evidenced by trading up to get Otah and upgrading their OL. No matter how much people or Carolina like DWill, he seems relegated to a COP back.

rzrback77 said:

I'm hurtin' for a QB in a dynasty league. I have deals working for Campbell and Bulger. Obviously Campbell comes cheaper, but what do you like about him over say Leinart and a few others still available. :popcorn:
Any worries about a new coach and coordinator? Seems to be any strides made last season might disappear as he learns a new offense.
Check out Campbell's history, part of his underated comes from the fact that he has ALWAYS had new OCs and new systems in both college and at Washington, but he has continued to make strides. I think he is adapive and a quick learner. Hopefully this OC will stay and he can improve his improvement (pun intended).

I am very curious about how folks feel about Chris Johnson rookie RB with the Titans. Fullback Fro just snagged him at 8.11 and RB 39. He of course is extremely fast and supposedly has good hands and I have heard discussion that the Titans will use him a la Reggie Bush all over the field. I just drafted him in dynasty and am curious what y'all think about him.

I considered him when I selected Felix Jones and wonder if they could have smilar roles on their teams in 08?

I had him targeted but the run on #2 qb forced my hand to snag Garcia. I felt I reached on Forte, missed C Taylor by a couple spots and was forced to take C Brown as a number 3 RB. I was hesitant to grab another RB when I need to shore up the other positions. I was literally saying that three shots in the dark have to hit something.

Cowardice, the theme of my draft.

I think the greatest asset to give him value is the lack of competition. Lendale may be the workhorse but he is not a scatback. VY went to the TE quite a bit and would use a dump off if Johnson develops. In a PPR, he could be a very solid #3

Tenn has a decent line and VY is mobile enough that the D will have to shadow him which opens up the D for a RB, ala Vick.

I am more excited about him than Chris Brown.

Fullback Fro is my draft nemesis

5.14 Frank Black - David Garrard, Jac, QB13 7

8.03 Frank Black - Jon Kitna, Det, QB20 4

1.14 Frank Black - Ryan Grant, GB, RB12 8

2.03 Frank Black - Willis McGahee, Buf, RB14 6

4.03 Frank Black - Lee Evans, Buf, WR20 6

6.03 Frank Black - Anthony Gonzalez, Ind, WR32 4

7.14 Frank Black - Donte Stallworth, Cle, WR44 5

3.14 Frank Black - Tony Gonzalez, KC, TE4 6

With the exception of the TE position, I see mediocrity everywhere on this team. I originally wanted to go WR-WR first round or RB stud WR, but Chaos preempted me and took this strategy away. Now, I can only hope that added depth will make this team a contender.

rzrback77 said:
I am very curious about how folks feel about Chris Johnson rookie RB with the Titans. Fullback Fro just snagged him at 8.11 and RB 39. He of course is extremely fast and supposedly has good hands and I have heard discussion that the Titans will use him a la Reggie Bush all over the field. I just drafted him in dynasty and am curious what y'all think about him.I considered him when I selected Felix Jones and wonder if they could have smilar roles on their teams in 08?
I thought he went at about the right time. I don't think the offense is good enough to give him Reggie Bush type numbers, but he definitely has upside in PPR leagues.

Ruffrodys05

7.12 (108): Heath Miller, Pit, TE12: (6)

8.05 (117): Donald Lee, GB, TE15: (8)
To play devil's advocate- you reached on jennings and Curtis had a tendency to disappear last year

- you're going to get killed at TE

- your RBBC will need to work

- you'll likely be below average at QB
- I disagree about reaching for Jennings, he was the best available WR at that spot, in my eyes. Curtis did disappear last year....after McNabb went down. He also had some good games when McNabb returned. - 2 top 15 TE's will work just fine in this format. (Both drafted after your initial comments, but your comments did not lead me to daft 2 in a row. I missed out on Gates by one pick in the 3rd and then adjusted my draft strategy according to the selections I made since then.)

- What RBBC? LJ gets the vast majority of carries in KC and will continue to do so. Brown's health is of little concern to me at this point and I really don't think the Dolphins current back-up will be stealing very many carries at all. No RBBC with either of these selections. You can buy into the RBBC myth all you like, although I do not.

- I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels Rivers is no way below average. Where exactly is Gates getting those receptions from? While he is no Manning or Brady, he will serve his purpose well in this format.

Thanks for your critique LHUCKS!

QB1: Hasselbeck

RB1: Westbrook

RB2: Lendale White

RB3: Chester Taylor

WR1: Chad Johnson

WR2: D. Mason

WR3: Bryant Johnson

WR4: V. Jackson

WR5: Booker

TE1: Winslow

I'll take it...some key players didn't slide to me but others like White, Johnson and Jackson have so I'm okay with this squad.

1.08 Redzone - Tom Brady, NE, QB1 4

8.09 Redzone - Jeff Garcia, TB, QB22 10

3.08 Redzone - Earnest Graham, TB, RB19 10

6.09 Redzone - Matt Forte, Chi, RB31 8

7.08 Redzone - Chris Brown, Hou RB36 8

2.09 Redzone - T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cin, WR8 8

5.08 Redzone - Jerry Porter, Jac, WR26 7

4.09 Redzone - Chris Cooley, Was, TE5 10

Well, well, well, I shouldn't look at this sober. Yet it is only 6:40 in the morning. What would LHUCKS do?

First off, as a compliment to the rest of you, nothing fell beyond where it should, even Gates who has some uncertainty with the toe issue. Yes, he is gold in this league when he is active but does a person burn a first or second round pick on a questionably available player? Really, the top three rounds make these teams.

I have to break away from traditional thinking as this is a PPR league and perhaps I broke so far away that I stopped thinking.

Brady will stay on top of his game. People drag out past performance by high TD qb and show a big drop off the following year, (except for Favre of whom we are not worthy). There is the Bellichick thing, spygate whatever. Stallworth is gone but he did not benefit much from Brady last year but kept the D honest for Welker and Moss. Watson sounds healthy which is a plus. I see Brady in the 250+ and 2TD+ every game. He would not have been there at 2.09, so I am good with him and Garcia is a player who can have a good game. Wish he had some decent WR but Gruden will probably add even more QB. Weird to have a QB fetish Gruden.

My RB are a mess, Graham is an excellent RB2 masquerading as RB1 on my team and Forte is my statement that Benson is a heartless mass of talent and power who seems to get hurt and want to run to the whirlpool immediately. Maybe the Bears have a hot trainer in the tape room or something. Forte could be a talent and the Chi O line seems ok. If Good Grossman can emerge as the dominant Sybil personality, Forte and Hester could be solid as RB2 and WR3. Chris Brown, are you kidding me? Well, Green did not run well last year and his knees seem to be a big problem for him. Brown is a monster when he plays well, so there is hope. Maybe I can snag a few immunity weeks. Graham, not in the air game much, Forte, supposed to be good receiver, Brown, actually a good PPR back when consistent.

Housh is money... championship. Even with the CJ distraction, which hopefully he will carry to the field, TJ is awesome. Many targets, redzone option, tough, he is money. Porter will be the porter he thinks he has been for years. Garrard is arguably the best qb he has had throwing to him and the solid running game and oline at Jax will give him opportunity. Jax has a lot of tall receivers, which could be a nightmare for many D, be interesting to watch them. I may be a Jag fan this year. Hester, read the logs, if he is targeted ten times a game and snags six of them, he will score at least once per game. At least in Madden.

Cooley is cool and plays fantasy. He is not Witten, but will Witten be this year? Yeah, Witten will be. But Cooley is a good tier two TE and he has proven value as a ppr te and presence in the game.

This team won't majorly embarass me despite its unconventional makeup.

Ruffrodys05 said:
You guys aren't really going to continue to let me outdraft you like this are you?
I have not seen one shred of evidence to even remotely suggest you are outdrafting anyone in this league.......maybe SSL4, but that's a BIG maybe.
Moved out of draft thread.
ahhh...I'm just talking some smack...I was happy with my V-Jax pick.
I think V Jax is a good pick too and will probably do better than Chambers. If nothing else, you will dominate in SSL4 next year :popcorn:

Ruffrodys05 said:
You guys aren't really going to continue to let me outdraft you like this are you?
I have not seen one shred of evidence to even remotely suggest you are outdrafting anyone in this league.......maybe SSL4, but that's a BIG maybe.
Moved out of draft thread.
ahhh...I'm just talking some smack...I was happy with my V-Jax pick.
You make it so easy to have fun and smack you back.....it's all good. I like V. Jackson......at least he was not a big reach where you grabbed him.

10.05 (149): Deion Branch, Sea, WR58 (4)
10.6 Arnaz Battle WR 49ers

this is 07's Shaun McDonald

will PM Jeff Tefertiller
Damn...there goes my two turn picks.
ruffrodys05 :confused: rzrback77
:finger: :finger:
I really had no intention of going after Branch in the 10th round........I thought I was going to go RB. But then when it came around to me having to make a pick, I started thinking maybe I should pull the trigger on him now. His ADP in the PDSL's was 7.14 (110) WR40. He went off the board in SSL1 at 11.16 (176) WR67 and in SSL2 at 8.11 (123) WR47 which averages out to 10.06 (150). While there is the possibility he is not ready for week 1, when healthy he grades out to be Seattle's WR1, which isn't too shabby for my WR5. I did not think he would make it back around to round 11 for me......and apparently I was correct in that assumption.As far as Arnaz, I'm not that high on him, but others around here are, so it's smart to pay attention to what is being said about him and to keep an eye on him throughout training camp. Personally, I think Isaac Bruce and Bryant Johnson are going to be the go-to WR's on the 49er's squad, but let's not forget this is going to be a Mike Martz led offense and he typically uses as many WR's as he can.

will PM Jeff Tefertiller
ruffrodys05 :hifive: rzrback77
I really had no intention of going after Branch in the 10th round........I thought I was going to go RB. But then when it came around to me having to make a pick, I started thinking maybe I should pull the trigger on him now. His ADP in the PDSL's was 7.14 (110) WR40. He went off the board in SSL1 at 11.16 (176) WR67 and in SSL2 at 8.11 (123) WR47 which averages out to 10.06 (150). While there is the possibility he is not ready for week 1, when healthy he grades out to be Seattle's WR1, which isn't too shabby for my WR5. I did not think he would make it back around to round 11 for me......and apparently I was correct in that assumption.As far as Arnaz, I'm not that high on him, but others around here are, so it's smart to pay attention to what is being said about him and to keep an eye on him throughout training camp. Personally, I think Isaac Bruce and Bryant Johnson are going to be the go-to WR's on the 49er's squad, but let's not forget this is going to be a Mike Martz led offense and he typically uses as many WR's as he can.
I was really hoping to pair Branch with Engram, to safeguard the Engram pick to a degree. And like you said, Battle is sort of unknown at this point but he's in a Martz offense. At WR60, I think these 2 players have as much upside, if not the most upside, than anyone else left at the position.

8.07 Jake Delhomme, QB, Car Here's to hoping the elbow is in good shape. PMing ACP
hoping to make it that far ... I took a weak QB1 and JD was the last decent QB2 I had on my list with Kitna going right before ...
moving this here, so as not to clog the draft thead. I found the DWill pick interesting, especially since he shared a bye with Bush and there seemed to be other RB options available. DWill did seem to be your highest ranked RB left. What's your thoughts on the Carolina RB situation, as you apparently lilke him much more than Stewart. I just think Stewart becomes the main RB there. DWill couldn't beat out Foster and I can't believe Carolina has that much confidence in DWill. I just don't think they see him as an every down RB. I think they focus back on more of a power running game...evidenced by trading up to get Otah and upgrading their OL. No matter how much people or Carolina like DWill, he seems relegated to a COP back.
bumpity bump

will PM Jeff Tefertiller
ruffrodys05 :) rzrback77
I was really hoping to pair Branch with Engram, to safeguard the Engram pick to a degree. And like you said, Battle is sort of unknown at this point but he's in a Martz offense. At WR60, I think these 2 players have as much upside, if not the most upside, than anyone else left at the position.
Personally for 08, I like Battle much more than Branch as there is a lot of talk about Branch being on the PUP initially and if so woould not hit the field until week 7 at the earliest. In a survivor you could be gone before he plays. I think that there is a good chance that Bryant Johnson and Bruce are the two wide outs with Battle playing the slot, which has been very good for McDonald over the past two seasons.

Please contact Team Legacy for my picks between now and Sunday! I'll be out of Internet range until then. TIA

Vince Young

Rex Grossman

Frank Gore

Laurence Maroney

Braylon Edwards

Calvin Johnson

Reggie Brown

Darrell Jackson

Jeremy Shockey

Randy McMichael

wdcrob said:
Vince YoungRex GrossmanFrank GoreLaurence MaroneyBraylon EdwardsCalvin JohnsonReggie BrownDarrell JacksonJeremy ShockeyRandy McMichael
My opinion - QB is very dicey with Young and Grossman (who may not start and should not keep it even if he wins it). RB is excellent for the top two for these leagues. I think that Maroney could be excellent value this year (don't recall how early you grabbed him), WR looks promising with Edwards and the exceedingly high hopes that folks have for Calvin. I am not high on Reggie Brown but he has performed well last couple of years. D Jax has questions. TE could be top notch all the way down to blah. Shockey has the injury trouble and St Louis has lack of TE usage, but most are thinking better opp for McMichael in 08. Will SHockey be moved and will he stay on the field. ##### looking team as QB is low spot and you can survive without top talent there.

Shadowfax said:
bumpity bump
sorry, I missed it earlier. I do not think Carolina "wants" a RB to get 300 carries. I had a big write up on the situation dating back to when Fox took over. Only once did the Panthers have a primary RB. But, it looks like the Panthers want to be a power running team. The years they did well were the years they here toward the top of the league in rushing attempts. On DWill vs Stewart, I like Stewart a lot. But, when I read that he will be the primary kick (or maybe punt) returner, it makes me think they will work him in gradually. Also, with Stewart's injury history, I am banking on him missing some games. The DWill pick is one based purely on upside and potential in a PPR league. DWill would be tough to start every week, but hopefully I will get other RBs to fill in the gaps.

What do you guys think of the Dallas D? I think they are underrated as stands, they really addressed some needs in the draft and if Pacman is reinstated, they could have a potent return and secondary immediately (assuming he has stayed in some kind of shape).

Yes, it is another stretch, but this league has turned into the stretch draft for me.

the offense may be seen as a downside as they may get far enough ahead that the D goes into prevent or the O may score so many points that opposing teams are forced to really air it out to keep up. Could open up opportunities for turnovers.

I am thinking about targeting Dallas D in other leagues, especially if Pacman comes back and can keep clean.

Felt like I almost had to go DST at the 10/11 turn, and didn't like the feeling.

Had looked at Benson and Wilford at the 8/9 turn, and spent most of the last round kicking myself for not taking Wilford....and there he was for me in the 10th. I know he sucks, but he's currently WR1 in Miami and show easily match this draft position with a lot more upside.

Benson sucks too, but Forte doesn't look like a bell-cow Rb...Benson will get plenty of chances this year to show whether or not he can make it in the NFL. I'm thinking no, but he'll still have 150 carries minimum, and that's twice what most any other RB at this position will get.

I waited on WR/RB last round and it worked...will DST work?????????

RedZone said:
What do you guys think of the Dallas D? I think they are underrated as stands, they really addressed some needs in the draft and if Pacman is reinstated, they could have a potent return and secondary immediately (assuming he has stayed in some kind of shape).Yes, it is another stretch, but this league has turned into the stretch draft for me. the offense may be seen as a downside as they may get far enough ahead that the D goes into prevent or the O may score so many points that opposing teams are forced to really air it out to keep up. Could open up opportunities for turnovers.I am thinking about targeting Dallas D in other leagues, especially if Pacman comes back and can keep clean.
Dallas DST is a solid pick IMO.

Felt like I almost had to go DST at the 10/11 turn, and didn't like the feeling.Had looked at Benson and Wilford at the 8/9 turn, and spent most of the last round kicking myself for not taking Wilford....and there he was for me in the 10th. I know he sucks, but he's currently WR1 in Miami and show easily match this draft position with a lot more upside.Benson sucks too, but Forte doesn't look like a bell-cow Rb...Benson will get plenty of chances this year to show whether or not he can make it in the NFL. I'm thinking no, but he'll still have 150 carries minimum, and that's twice what most any other RB at this position will get.I waited on WR/RB last round and it worked...will DST work?????????
Sure, but especially so if you don't care who you get. Probably five to eight will go in the next two rounds bringing the total up to 12 or 14. That still leaves 18 for you to pick from.

Felt like I almost had to go DST at the 10/11 turn, and didn't like the feeling.Had looked at Benson and Wilford at the 8/9 turn, and spent most of the last round kicking myself for not taking Wilford....and there he was for me in the 10th. I know he sucks, but he's currently WR1 in Miami and show easily match this draft position with a lot more upside.Benson sucks too, but Forte doesn't look like a bell-cow Rb...Benson will get plenty of chances this year to show whether or not he can make it in the NFL. I'm thinking no, but he'll still have 150 carries minimum, and that's twice what most any other RB at this position will get.I waited on WR/RB last round and it worked...will DST work?????????
Sure, but especially so if you don't care who you get. Probably five to eight will go in the next two rounds bringing the total up to 12 or 14. That still leaves 18 for you to pick from.
LOL...I doubt more then 8-10 are left when I come back up.

Dominant is the word that comes to mind...

QB1: Hasselbeck

QB2: A. Smith

RB1: Westbrook

RB2: Lendale White

RB3: Chester Taylor

RB4: Warrick Dunn

WR1: Chad Johnson

WR2: D. Mason

WR3: Bryant Johnson

WR4: V. Jackson

WR5: Booker

TE1: Winslow

Yeah, I went to bed confident I would get two I wanted at this corner. Stokely, Patten, Washington, Hardy... that was my list. :kicksrock:

I really wanted Leon.

11.16 Lorenzo Booker, Phi, RB

12.01 Donnie Avery, SL, WR
glad to hear that as I have obtained him a lot this year and last. Wanted him here and almost took him instead of a defense, but decided to gamble and take a defense. Solid picks the last six or so have diminished my list just like yours.Do you think that he will get more opportunities or that T Jones will be too old to last all year?
I've been a big fan of Leon since he was poorly used at FSU. I felt through the whole 11th round I should have taken him instead of the Chargers. I still feel I blew that one. Washington makes plays. Them showing no interest in RBs in the draft (and only Chatman in FA) was a vote of confidence, imo. Even if Jones stays healthy, I think Washington turns into a solid PPR (rbbc) back this season as they find more ways to work him into the standard offense. Good pick. I think he lasted too long. We'll see.

Yeah, I went to bed confident I would get two I wanted at this corner. Stokely, Patten, Washington, Hardy... that was my list. :cry:

I really wanted Leon.

11.16 Lorenzo Booker, Phi, RB

12.01 Donnie Avery, SL, WR
glad to hear that as I have obtained him a lot this year and last. Wanted him here and almost took him instead of a defense, but decided to gamble and take a defense. Solid picks the last six or so have diminished my list just like yours.Do you think that he will get more opportunities or that T Jones will be too old to last all year?
I've been a big fan of Leon since he was poorly used at FSU. I felt through the whole 11th round I should have taken him instead of the Chargers. I still feel I blew that one. Washington makes plays. Them showing no interest in RBs in the draft (and only Chatman in FA) was a vote of confidence, imo. Even if Jones stays healthy, I think Washington turns into a solid PPR (rbbc) back this season as they find more ways to work him into the standard offense. Good pick. I think he lasted too long. We'll see.
I thought Jerious Norwood lasted a little long and had him penciled in above Washington but really had not been able to choose. After natives grabbed Norwood I was sure Leon wouldn't get to me. I am pleasantly surprised that he did. Glad to hear that some of you thought it was a solid pick.

I thought Jerious Norwood lasted a little long and had him penciled in above Washington but really had not been able to choose. After natives grabbed Norwood I was sure Leon wouldn't get to me. I am pleasantly surprised that he did. Glad to hear that some of you thought it was a solid pick.
I was debating both. I prefer Leon because of the Jets improving OL, the mess that remains in Atlanta, and Turner. I have recently read that Norwood is a major part of the plans even with Turner, so it was close for me. I could see taking either first. I only whined about Leon because he was so close to my next pick. I would have gladly taken Norwood on that turn if he was available. Good picks. Booker was definitely a compromise.

I'm not traveling all weekend again, but it looks like I will be away from the pooter most of this afternoon until late night, and all day Saturday and Sunday with my only time to check in being at night. I'll PM if it looks necessary, but mostly this thread will be much slower to update over the weekend.

I also have a line on Game 7 seats Monday night should Utah win tonight. I'm a huge Laker fan, but I'd be okay with a loss tonight. Is that wrong? I know in my younger days I would never consider such treason. Now, wth, I wanna go to a game 7. :goodposting:

I also have a line on Game 7 seats Monday night should Utah win tonight. I'm a huge Laker fan, but I'd be okay with a loss tonight. Is that wrong? I know in my younger days I would never consider such treason. Now, wth, I wanna go to a game 7. :rolleyes:
Completely deplorable, inexcusable, reprehensible and unjustifiable being okay with a Lakers loss tonight. However, I could change me mind and forgive you if you take me with you for Game 7. :fishing:

I also have a line on Game 7 seats Monday night should Utah win tonight. I'm a huge Laker fan, but I'd be okay with a loss tonight. Is that wrong? I know in my younger days I would never consider such treason. Now, wth, I wanna go to a game 7. :goodposting:
Completely deplorable, inexcusable, reprehensible and unjustifiable being okay with a Lakers loss tonight. However, I could change me mind and forgive you if you take me with you for Game 7. :lmao:
I was planning to offer the extra ticket to you. Oh well, nice win. :rolleyes:

Unlike H2H leagues, I have never picked a particular player to keep someone else from having him. I want this player for myself and I just can't let Chaos Commish have him to pair with Leinart, given that he already has a nice looking team.13.14 KURT WARNER
It's pretty apparent that I'm in the minority, but it seems unlikely to me that Arizona continues in the 2 QB system this year. If Leinart shows any progression at all, he'll stay in the game this year. Warner should be done.

Unlike H2H leagues, I have never picked a particular player to keep someone else from having him. I want this player for myself and I just can't let Chaos Commish have him to pair with Leinart, given that he already has a nice looking team.13.14 KURT WARNER
It's pretty apparent that I'm in the minority, but it seems unlikely to me that Arizona continues in the 2 QB system this year. If Leinart shows any progression at all, he'll stay in the game this year. Warner should be done.
I can't form a strong opinion on this. Leinart is such a weener, I could see Kurt back on the field and doing his thing with Fitz and Anquan again. Then again Leinart has a nice skillset for this team if he gets it. I have doubts, but figured he was worth a shot where I took him. I would feel better about it with Warner. Anyway. I'm here. Will pick shortly and update the teams before lunch.

I know I screwed the pooch with my QB2...but now also with TE2. 6 TEs, including Fasano and Carlson the last 2 rounds? You guys suck.

Users who are viewing this thread