What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 Teams and Discussion (1 Viewer)

QB1: Hasselbeck

QB2: A. Smith

RB1: Westbrook

RB2: Lendale White

RB3: Chester Taylor

RB4: Warrick Dunn

WR1: Chad Johnson

WR2: D. Mason

WR3: Bryant Johnson

WR4: V. Jackson

WR5: Booker

WR6: Northcutt

WR7: Glenn

TE1: Winslow

K1: Jeff Reed

K2: David Akers

D1: Tennessee

D2: Miami

Last edited by a moderator:
QB1: Vince Young

QB2: Rex Grossman

RB1: Frank Gore

RB2: Laurence Maroney

RB3: Brandon Jackson

RB4: Brian Calhoun

WR1: Braylon Edwards

WR2: Calvin Johnson

WR3: Reggie Brown

WR4: Darrell Jackson

WR5: Chad Jackson

WR6: Jerome Simpson

TE1: Jeremy Shockey

TE2: Randy McMichael

D1: Giants

D2: Washington

K1: Josh Scobee

K2: Ryan Lindell

WTF are people posting their teams when it's already listed on the first post of this thread?

I guess wdcrob is planning on 2 more WRs. Thanks for the heads up.

It's probably a good idea to scan your rosters for errors. A couple have been brought to my attention. The teams look right to me, but I haven't been as vigilant as this winds down.

The groups that make up the SSLs are always a tough crowd to draft against and this year in SSL 3 was no exception. I typically prefer to get a couple of solid RBs before moving on to other positions, but this year I felt that there were some lower round RB bargains to be found so after selecting a top ten RB candidate (Marshawn Lynch) in the first round I moved on.

My normal move would then be to grab two top WRs, but I was distracted when I saw Antonio Gates available at 3.11 (43) and threw caution to the wind and scooped him up. He has been dominant in the 2 ppr for TE scoring for several seasons and even though unsure to return by the season opener, he was too much opportunity to pass up. Similarly, I think there is a significant drop-off after QB #5, so when Carson Palmer was there at 4.6 (54), I couldn’t pass him up either.

That put me near the bottom of the fifth round with only one RB and one WR and that was a tough spot. I noticed that there were several teams in that same vein, but that is not my typical pattern. I felt I needed to focus on WR and RB next and 5 of next picks went there. The exception was for my QB #2, Jason Campbell. I really like Campbell’s potential for 08 and beyond as the Redskins hopefully settle down to the same staff for a while and have added several young playmakers at WR and TE.

QBs – Carson Palmer #5 @ 4.6 (8) and Jason Campbell #18 @ 7.11 (10)

I like both of these guys in 08. Some are concerned about Cincinnati with the loss of Henry and Chad Johnson’s distractions. But their defense is still pretty bad and they added two WRs in the draft, as did the Redskins. I think that Palmer is correctly slotted at QB5 and I think that Campbell could finish close to top ten. Comparing across SSL 3, this duo will likely not be the top scoring pair, but can definitely compete.

RBs – Marshawn Lynch #7 @1.7 (6), Felix Jones #36 @ 8.6 (10), Selvin Young #39 @ 9.11 (8), Deuce McAllister #53 @ 13.11 (9), and Pierre Thomas #60 @ 17.11(9).

As I said before I like to have a minimum of two solid RBs, but I got side tracked going for the TE and QB in rounds 3 and 4 followed by a couple of WRs and had to scramble. I think that Lynch was a great option at the 11th pick and I like Lynch and Buffalo’s offense to improve this year. I got a couple of nice receiving RBs with big play potential in Jones and Young. I don’t expect anything more than RBBC scoring with a potential big game or two, but feel like both of them should be involved in most of the games. I was seriously considering going with those three, but really like Deuce and got a homer pick and a value pick at the same time at RB #53. He is the ultimate professional and I expect him to be ready to go and involved significantly in the Saints running game. Getting Pierre Thomas #60 @17.11 is fantastic insurance on Deuce and provides me a nice share in the Saints running game.

WRs – Andre Johnson #5 @2.6 (8), Lav Coles #28 @5.11 (5), Javon Walker #33 @ 6.6 (5), Arnaz Battle #59 @ 10.6 (9), Robert Meacham #71 @12.6 (9), and Michael Jenkins #83 @ 15.11 (7).

This group is more risk than I like to have in an off-season survivor, but when you go all in with Gates, there’s no holding back. Johnson has already had surgery since I drafted him, but oh well. He was very successful with Schaub last year and I think a big year is in store if he recovers well. I really like Coles in ppr and he winds up on a lot of my rosters. Javon Walker is another risk with huge upside. Russell has a cannon and Walker is good on the fly routes so I hope he shapes up and flies straight in Oakland. Arnaz Battle is the experienced SF receiver that I hope will produce similar to McDonald in Detroit. Meacham is another huge upside pick as WR71. I always like depth at WR and it was difficult to find this year. I hope that Jenkins stays as involved as he has been and I’ll be happy. I took only six and I usually have seven, but I just didn’t see anybody late that would help. I do think that those that drafted only five will be disappointed that they did not have more depth, when you consider the ups and downs in week to week scoring even with studs and getting scores from three each week.

TEs – Antonio Gates #3 @ 3.11 (9) and John Carlson #29 @ 14.6 (4).

I love Gates in this format and hope that he returns to the field in week one. I couldn’t afford to get another TE till late because I was chasing RBs and WRs, but I like the rookie Carlson in Seattle, even though the Seahawks don’t historically use their TE significantly, they have lots of injured and missing WRs.

PKs – Mike Nugent #21 @16.6 (5)

DST – Baltimore Ravens #10 @ 11.11 (10) and Detroit Lions #27 @ 18.6 (4)

that will do it - what is the verdict?

4.06 Rzrback77 - Carson Palmer, Cin, QB5 8

7.11 Rzrback77 - Jason Campbell, Was, QB18 10

1.11 Rzrback77 - Marshawn Lynch, Buf, RB9 6

8.06 Rzrback77 - Felix Jones, Dal, RB37 10

9.11 Rzrback77 - Selvin Young, Den, RB40 8

17.11 Rzrback77 - Pierre Thomas, NO, RB62 9

13.11 Rzrback77 - Deuce McCallister, NO, RB55 9

2.06 Rzrback77 - Andre Johnson, Hou, WR5 8

5.11 Rzrback77 - Laveraneus Coles, NYJ, WR28 5

6.06 Rzrback77 - Javon Walker, Den, WR33 8

10.06 Rzrback77- Arnaz Battle, SF, WR59 9

12.06 Rzrback77 - Robert Meachem, NO, WR71 9

15.11 Rzrback77 - Michael Jenkins, Atl, WR83 7

3.11 Rxrback77 - Antonio Gates, SD, TE3 9

14.06 Rzrback77 - John Carlson, Sea, TE28 4

11.11 Rzrback77 - Baltimore Ravens, DST10 10

16.06 Rzrback77 - Mike Nugent, NYJ, PK22 5
Strong team...probably top 3. No obvious weaknesses but should have been stronger at PK and D. Picks like Meachem, Carlson and Thomas should not be picked ahead of solid PKs and Ds IMHO.

4.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Ben Roethlisberger, Pit, QB6 6

11.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Brodie Croyle, KC, QB29 6

18.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Charlie Batch, Pit, QB6 6

3.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Edgerrin James, Ari, RB20 7

6.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Rashard Mendenhall, Pit, RB30 6

8.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Kenny Watson, Cin, RB38 8

10.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Justin Fargas, Oak, RB44 5

14.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Tatum Bell, Det, RB58 4

1.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Randy Moss, NE, WR1 4

2.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Steve Smith, Car, WR7 9

5.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Donald Driver, GB, WR27 8

9.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Roydell Williams, Ten, WR54 6

13.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Shaun McDonald, Det, WR77 4

7.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Vernon Davis, SF, TE11 9

12.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Oakland Raiders, DST13 5

15.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Buffalo Bills, DST19 6

16.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Matt Bryant, TB, PK23 10

17.09 ArhnCityPahnder - Sebastion Janikowski, Oak, PK28 5

This is an ACP FBG PSA> Picking when you're hammered and on vacation may lead to ignoring bye weeks and could leave you with no QB in week 6. Keep your heads up. :lmao:

Outside of that blunder, Meh on this team. A lot of maybes.

If Delhomme is fully healed and Steve Smith is back to form....

If Edge can get another year of solid, unspectacular production....

If Aaron Rogers is ready and will make Driver a viable WR quasi-stud.....

If I can get solid #RB2 production from a rotating cast of 4 RBs who are looking at 75-125 touches each....

:lmao:

Ok... I'll take the bait.Brian Calhoun, RB?, Det
I drafted him the last two years on one of these survivor teams and always got laughed at for supposedly wasting a pick. Well, I did waste those picks. I think he can do something this year, but with the selection of Smith and the incumbent Tinker Bell in the fold, I just don't know how much. Here's to hoping you at least get some sort of value out of this late pick!!!!

2.02 Orgazmo - Peyton Manning, Ind, QB2 4

1.15 Orgazmo - Marion Barber III, Dal, RB13 10

3.15 Orgazmo - Darren McFadden, Oak, RB22 5

9.15 Orgazmo - Ahman Green, Hou, RB42 8

13.15 Orgazmo - Ladell Betts, Was, RB56 10

17.15 Orgazmo - Ryan Torain Den, RB63 8

4.02 Orgazmo - Dwayne Bowe, KC, WR18 6

6.02 Orgazmo - Joey Galloway, TB, WR31 10

7.15 Orgazmo - Mark Clayton, Bal, WR45 10

11.15 Orgazmo - Brandon Stokely, Den, WR68 8

12.02 Orgazmo - Amani Toomer, NYG, WR70 4

15.15 Orgazmo - Malcom Kelly, Was, WR84 10

18.02 Orgazmo - Courtney Taylor, Sea, WR94 4

5.15 Orgazmo - Tony Scheffler, Den, TE9 8

8.02 Orgazmo - Zach Miller, Oak, TE14 6

10.02 Orgazmo- Vikings, Min, D2 8

14.02 Orgazmo - Josh Brown, SL, PK4 5

16.02 Orgazmo - Taylor Mehlhaff, NO, PK19 9
I've never taken a QB this early, and once I did it was an uphill climb the rest of the way in regards to receivers. But since I did get a stud QB, I figured there was little point in a backup that could only possible toss in a few points week four. Of course if Peyton gets hurt, I'm pretty screwed.I do like my running backs, tight ends, kickers and defense. I felt investing well in those positions should help cover for my weak receiving core.

Receivers - weak, like I said. Hopefully sacrificing backup QB and DST for the purposes of drafting a couple more will provide three reasonable point producers amongst them.

Thanks to Chaos Commish for maintaining such a nice organized thread.

Ugh... ugh ugh ugh...

Man, I wanted to let this draft come to me and somehow I decided to run away from it instead, fool. I choked. I'm wondering what idiot possessed my mind for the last half of this draft. I blame my boss, mother, sister and nephew for driving me half insane for the last two weeks. (Nephew moved into a house my boss rents; don't try this at home.)

5.16 Chaos Commish - Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB14 8

7.16 Chaos Commish - Matt Leinart, Ari, QB19 7

I think I have a top 10 QB here in Rodgers. The durability and experience issues are making him a nice value, imo. I won't be afraid to build a strong roster around him in redrafts this year and take him in the QB14 range. Leinart is a boom or bust QB. The talent around him and a team prone to shootouts gives him nice upside. Unfortunately, a boom bust QB2 in a survivor should require insurance in a QB3 on this roster. Warner would have been ideal and got sniped. After that I decided to roll with the risk because I'm dumb.

3.16 Chaos Commish - Willie Parker, Pit, RB23 6

4.01 Chaos Commish - Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB24 4

6.01 Chaos Commish - Rudi Johnson, Cin, RB28 8

11.16 Chaos Commish - Lorenzo Booker, Phi, RB48 7

We can debate the merits of the first three at length. I like them a lot, for where I got them, fwiw. Booker is the beginning of my mental collapse in this draft. Many better options were drafted at RB after this reach. I can only explain it as a defective connect in synapses created by just missing out on Leon Washington. Get it? Leon and Lorenzo are mentally connected by FSU and their respective style of play. Can't have Leon? Take Lorenzo, you moron. Here's an even better idea: Ignore RB5 and draft a good return guy at WR, imbecile.

1.16 Chaos Commish - Reggie Wayne, Ind, WR2 4

2.01 Chaos Commish - Terrell Owens, Dal, WR3 10

9.16 Chaos Commish - James Jones, GB, WR57 8

12.01 Chaos Commish - Donnie Avery, SL, WR69 5

16.01 Chaos Commish - Joshua Cribbs, Cle, WR85 5

17.16 Chaos Commish - Bobby Wade, Min, WR92 8

18.01 Chaos Commish - Eric Parker, SD, WR93 9

Wayne and Owens are a great duo, no doubt. Well duh, this was a WR WR opening, so any dolt could have a couple great WRs doing that. I'm good with Jones at WR57. I'm a big fan and expect Jennings to suffer as this kid continues to develop. There may have been better options, but at least he's a player I have targeted. Avery, Cribbs, Wade and Parker? Every one of these made perfect sense to me when I decided to be so stupid. Within minutes after the ether wore off, I realized just how stupid is as stupid does. I didn't need 7 WRs with Wayne and Owens, the missing QB3 in case on of my younguns implodes and the Booker reach, but I'm a nitwit.

8.01 Chaos Commish - Alge Crumpler, Ten, TE13 6

13.16 Chaos Commish - Leornard Pope, Ari, TE27 7

I stand by my first ten picks. I like Crumpler with Vince in Tennessee. He was always awesome improvising as Vick bought time, and he can catch bad passes afte doing so. That's exactly what VY needs. Pope was just a needed body in this scoring after the best TEs had been picked clean. I should have waited as similar is still available, but I'm a pinhead.

10.01 Chaos Commish- Chargers, SD, D1 9

14.01 Chaos Commish - Adam Vinatieri, Ind, PK3 4

15.16 Chaos Commish - Ryan Longwell, Min, PK18 8

One D with the whole team but the bizarrely chosen Eric Parker playing during the Chargers week 9 bye. I prefer two Ds, but some evil ignoramous drafted this team so I only have one. I don't care too much about kickers but I did draft a couple.

I feel like I had this league on the ropes after 10 picks. I just needed to keep making base hits to have a very good shot at this. I proceeded to strike out looking over and over again. Not sure why, but I haven't looked back on a draft with this much remorse in over a decade: The RFL in 1995 to be exact. I took a kicker in the 5th round as the clock was running out. Oddly, I won that league. You guys are going down!

:goodposting:

Thanks for a fun draft and good luck everybody. Extra thanks to O for keeping me moving on those corners and to renesauz for making the top post so easy to keep current.

Orgazmo said:

I've never taken a QB this early, and once I did it was an uphill climb the rest of the way in regards to receivers. But since I did get a stud QB, I figured there was little point in a backup that could only possible toss in a few points week four. Of course if Peyton gets hurt, I'm pretty screwed.I do like my running backs, tight ends, kickers and defense. I felt investing well in those positions should help cover for my weak receiving core.

Receivers - weak, like I said. Hopefully sacrificing backup QB and DST for the purposes of drafting a couple more will provide three reasonable point producers amongst them.

I see this as an average team...probably gone midway through. I just can't see you putting up big enough scores once the top teams are remaining.

Chaos Commish said:

I would actually really like this team if you had drafted better WR depth.

4.04 Duckboy - Drew Brees, NO, QB4 9

10.04 Duckboy- Kellen Clemens, NYJ, QB26 5

I usually don't take a QB so high, to my detriment. Did wait probably a round too long for a backup, but the NYJ offense should be better this year. Considered Penny with my last pick, but figured I should shore up RB a little more; Brees will likely score about 12/17 weeks anyway.

1.13 Duckboy - Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac, RB11 7

3.13 Duckboy - Thomas Jones, NYJ, RB21 5

9.13 Duckboy - Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG, RB41 4

18.04 Duckboy - Cadillac Williams, TB, RB64 10

I expect the same or slightly better from MJD this year, and an improvement from Jones. Bradshaw has good upside for where I got him. Caddy's a flyer - likely won't contibute the first half much, but may be a boon in the second half of the year. Considered one other RB at 18.04.

2.04 Duckboy - Larry Fitzgerald, Ari, WR4 7

5.13 Duckboy - Santana Moss, Was, WR30 10

7.13 Duckboy - Sidney Rice, Min, WR43 8

8.04 Duckboy - Nate Burleson, Sea, WR46 4

11.13 Duckboy - James Hardy, Buf, WR66 6

17.13 Duckboy - Earl Bennett, Chi, WR90 8

Fitz is a stabilizing force; Santana and Rice will likely be hit or miss, but I look for those type in survivors. Burleson may get plenty of time with Branch injured and Engram dissatisfied. Hardy (if he keeps his head on straight) could have some big games as a red zone target, and Bennett may be the best WR in Chicago (though that isn't not saying much). Overall, solid not spectacular group but could be up-and-down.

6.04 Duckboy - Owen Daniels, Hou, TE10 8

13.13 Duckboy - Jeff King, Car, TE26 9

Daniels is at the top of the Tier 2 TEs to me (along with Dallas Clark) and should put up good numbers. Remains to be seen how King is used (better WR options this year and Delhomme back at QB).

12.04 Duckboy - Seahawks, Sea, D12 4

16.04 Duckboy - Denver Broncos, DST21 8

14.04 Duckboy - Nate Kaeding, SD, PK6 9

15.13 Duckboy - Jason Hanson, Det, PK17 4

Two DEF and and two K with no conflicts. Both D's get some turnover-prone O's; one K with a higher-scoring offense and one dome kicker. Good nuff.

Overall: Before we started I seriously considered going WR/WR or QB/WR to see how it played out (slotted at 15th, strategy seemed to make some sense to me). Once I moved up to 13th and 2 other teams took the non-RB tact first, went back to a more standard RB/WR start. Team doesn't have bye week issues at any slot, and should be pretty competitive early. May struggle late in the game with RB depth or if the non-Fitz WRs all go cold the same week. Decent team out of the 13th slot.

Solid team, has a chance at going deep if WR depth pulls through...personally I'm not a huge fan of WRs 3-5.

Strong team...probably top 3. No obvious weaknesses but should have been stronger at PK and D. Picks like Meachem, Carlson and Thomas should not be picked ahead of solid PKs and Ds IMHO.
I must say it was very frustrating picking 2 behind rzr and seeing him grab the end of the tier I wanted in the odd rounds (Lynch, Gates, Coles) and the other player considered in the even rounds after me (AJ after Fitz, Palmer after Brees). I agree with the DEF/K issue, though I suspect he didn't think that Deuce/Thomas would fall in his lap where it did. Might have skipped Jenkins for a second decent DEF though. Week 9 could be interesting froma depth perspective but otherwise should be good to go. This team could last for a while.

Orgazmo said:

I see this as an average team...probably gone midway through. I just can't see you putting up big enough scores once the top teams are remaining.
Peyton/MB3 may have to carry this squad; depth is there for some points but not the upside in my opinion. Likely candidate for an early to mid exit (week 4 with no QB?).

Chaos Commish said:

I would actually really like this team if you had drafted better WR depth.
I disagree here (though I'm not a fan of the WRs myself) - with Wayne/Owens you don't need a lot else and should get something from one of those guys each week. Only real headscratcher to me was Parker - just don't see him getting anything in SD (though being closer CC may have better info than I) and getting a second DEF might have been beneficial. Plenty of QB upside, good top 3 RB mix, no real bye week issues. If it breaks right, this team could last to the end - great draft from the 16 hole.

18.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Charlie Batch, Pit, QB6 6

This is an ACP FBG PSA> Picking when you're hammered and on vacation may lead to ignoring bye weeks and could leave you with no QB in week 6. Keep your heads up. :no:

Outside of that blunder, Meh on this team. A lot of maybes.

If Delhomme is fully healed and Steve Smith is back to form....

If Edge can get another year of solid, unspectacular production....

If Aaron Rogers is ready and will make Driver a viable WR quasi-stud.....

If I can get solid #RB2 production from a rotating cast of 4 RBs who are looking at 75-125 touches each....

:hot:
Yeah, you could be looking at a big hole week 6, plus having no 2nd TE could be an issue if Martz continues ignoring them (talent levels of previous aside). Moss/Smith/Driver could be a devastating combo though. Middle of the road team imo.

Peyton/MB3 may have to carry this squad; depth is there for some points but not the upside in my opinion. Likely candidate for an early to mid exit (week 4 with no QB?).
"I'm a rambler, and a gambler, and I guess I always will"Yes, there will be much teeth gritting come week four.

Only real headscratcher to me was Parker - just don't see him getting anything in SD (though being closer CC may have better info than I)
Well thanks for the positive views I'm reading. Again, I do feel like I was rolling for 10 picks and it just got away from me. The solid start may carry me a bit. On those four receivers:Avery -- #1 rookie pick and a wide opening in Bruce's absence. The problem is his game is the type I believe takes time to gel. A deep threat with some ballskill issues. I should have gone in another direction. The "name" looks okay in a list, but not if you go back and track the draft. Better WRs choices followed him. Obvious ones.Cribbs - I watched an interview with him before I picked him. ;)Wade - Led the Titans two years ago. Led the Vikes last year. Berrian stretches the field. Rice creates mismatches. Wade finds his rightful place as a productive slot. It sounded good in my head at the time. Allison probably turns their WR3 into a committee as Wade fades. Parker - A nice sales job was done after a radio interview as I trucked furniture across So Cal. There's rumors his connection with Rivers is sharper than ever; the Bolts may move a WR (Jackson), and Parker still has the #2 job until he is beaten out in camp. Jackson never won the job. Parker just got hurt. Probably just gossipy reporting by a talking head trying to make it to the next commercial.

5.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Eli Manning, NYG, QB12 4

8.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Jake Delhomme, Car, QB21 9

1.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Reggie Bush, NO, RB8 9

6.07 Jeff Tefertiller - DeAngelo Williams, Car, RB29 9

14.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Michael Bush, Oak, RB57 5

17.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jamaal Charles, KC, RB61 6

18.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Kolby Smith, KC, RB65 6

2.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Marquis Colston, NO, WR6 9

3.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jericho Cotchery, NYJ, WR17 5

4.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Roddy White, Atl, WR22 7

7.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jabar Gaffney, NE, WR42 4

12.07 Jeff Tefertiller - DeSean Jackson, Phi, WR72 7

9.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE20 5

10.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Desmond Clark, Chi, TE21 8

11.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Green Bay Packers, DST9 8

16.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Cleveland Browns, DST22 5

13.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Nick Folk, Dal, PK2 10

15.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Kris Brown, Hou, PK15 8

Yes, I know many will think week nine will be tough. It will. Other than the week nine bye issue, I like this team. Probably middle of road with a 50/50 shot at being there in week nine. We all need breaks in order to go the distance and I think this team has some good risks. I particularly like the Chief RBs and wonder if LJ will last the season. I also like the top four WRs, all on separate byes.

Time will tell.

Several have commented on my single kicker so I will answer with my thoughts. Its a factor is SSLs, but not in WSLs and PDSLs. With the reduction is roster positions from 20 down to 18, it makes for more difficult choices.

With only one scoring QB, you just about have to take two to cover the bye, potential low weeks and injuries. If you only take one, it is a huge risk and if you are forced to take three, it is to the detriment of other positions.

For two RB scoring positions, you can get by with three if they all stay healthy and all play prominent roles. With this group getting three prominent RBs is almost impossible and again that would have to occur early and to the detriment of other positions. My strategy here was to get one good one (Lynch) and then supplement with three RBBC types. I drafted Felix Jones, Selvin Young, and then Deuce McAllister. I would have been set and planned to be, but I changed on the fly toward the end.

Because there are three scoring WRs and it is a ppr league, you absolutely must have good WRs and depth. But, this year was different. I couldn't seem to locate anybody at the end of the draft that I thought would help. Some have said that I should not have even taken Jenkins, but I felt that five WRs for three weekly scores is just not enough depth. Every year, I hear guys say that I've got Moss and Owens (fill in the blank with two top ten WRs) and my last three guys only need to combine for the last score and its just not true. Even the top WR will usually have three or four weeks with a low score and of course a bye week. It only takes one bad week to get ejected in this league. I love to have seven WRs to cushion the inevitable off weeks, but I just couldn't find guys left that I wanted.

Some take only one TE, but with the two ppr scoring, that again is a huge risk. I prefer two, especially when the first one is coming off an injury.

So, you add it up, 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 6 WRs 2, TEs and you still have room for 2 PK and 2 DST. I decided that the added safety net of carrying Thomas and McAllister was better than grabbing the hopeful PK of the Seahawks or Dolphons. If I could have found a WR that I thought would have contributed better than Thomas, I would have grabbed him over that same possible kicker. If I would have known who the Seattle PK is going to be, I might have taken him, but with the possibility of taking the wrong one, just saw more potential in Thomas.

I do have two defenses though. The Lions DST is not showing up in the list that folks are critiquing. Would any of y'all taken that potential PK?

Orgazmo said:
You're welcome, but it's the same story as the rest of my draft. I was gold for the first half of this but I've been off as this wound down. :hifive:

Chaos Commish said:

We can debate the merits of the first three at length. I like them a lot, for where I got them, fwiw. Booker is the beginning of my mental collapse in this draft. Many better options were drafted at RB after this reach. I can only explain it as a defective connect in synapses created by just missing out on Leon Washington. Get it? Leon and Lorenzo are mentally connected by FSU and their respective style of play. Can't have Leon? Take Lorenzo, you moron. Here's an even better idea: Ignore RB5 and draft a good return guy at WR, imbecile.
I think you might be a little too far down on Booker. He may well live up to the RB48 billing, although his upside isn't much better unless Westbrook goes down for a longer term. At the very least, he'll be involved enough to prevent zeros. I'd like this group a lot more if there was at least ONE RB you could count on to give good points every week (Parker isn't sure-fire anymore with Mendenhall there). Barring that, you needed a fifth.

Continuing on the two kicker vs two defenses. I did a quick review of several of last year's teams and the ones where defenses scored around 140 or so each, the team actually benefitted an additional 100 or so points. Similarly with the two kickers, it was more like the two individual kickers scored 100 to 120 each and the combined effort of those two would be around 200. SO there was on average a benefit of one point or more per game for two DSTs and one kicker as opposed to two kickers and one DSt.

But, where I made that choice, there just wasn't a sure enough kicker available.

I do have two defenses though. The Lions DST is not showing up in the list that folks are critiquing. Would any of y'all taken that potential PK?
Ooooops, me can't count :angry:No issues with one kicker; likely won't be make or break.ETA: Would have preferred Detroit to Denver but bye weeks didn't work.

5.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Eli Manning, NYG, QB12 48.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Jake Delhomme, Car, QB21 91.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Reggie Bush, NO, RB8 96.07 Jeff Tefertiller - DeAngelo Williams, Car, RB29 914.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Michael Bush, Oak, RB57 517.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jamaal Charles, KC, RB61 618.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Kolby Smith, KC, RB65 62.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Marquis Colston, NO, WR6 93.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jericho Cotchery, NYJ, WR17 54.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Roddy White, Atl, WR22 77.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jabar Gaffney, NE, WR42 412.07 Jeff Tefertiller - DeSean Jackson, Phi, WR72 79.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE20 510.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Desmond Clark, Chi, TE21 811.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Green Bay Packers, DST9 816.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Cleveland Browns, DST22 513.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Nick Folk, Dal, PK2 1015.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Kris Brown, Hou, PK15 8Yes, I know many will think week nine will be tough. It will. Other than the week nine bye issue, I like this team. Probably middle of road with a 50/50 shot at being there in week nine. We all need breaks in order to go the distance and I think this team has some good risks. I particularly like the Chief RBs and wonder if LJ will last the season. I also like the top four WRs, all on separate byes. Time will tell.
Got a funny feeling about Desean Jackson...heard nothing but good things about him other then the college report of not getting along with team-mates. Jerry Rice is said to be high high on him too. IE: I love your Wr corps

5.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Eli Manning, NYG, QB12 48.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Jake Delhomme, Car, QB21 91.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Reggie Bush, NO, RB8 96.07 Jeff Tefertiller - DeAngelo Williams, Car, RB29 914.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Michael Bush, Oak, RB57 517.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jamaal Charles, KC, RB61 618.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Kolby Smith, KC, RB65 62.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Marquis Colston, NO, WR6 93.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jericho Cotchery, NYJ, WR17 54.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Roddy White, Atl, WR22 77.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jabar Gaffney, NE, WR42 412.07 Jeff Tefertiller - DeSean Jackson, Phi, WR72 79.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE20 510.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Desmond Clark, Chi, TE21 811.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Green Bay Packers, DST9 816.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Cleveland Browns, DST22 513.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Nick Folk, Dal, PK2 1015.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Kris Brown, Hou, PK15 8Yes, I know many will think week nine will be tough. It will. Other than the week nine bye issue, I like this team. Probably middle of road with a 50/50 shot at being there in week nine. We all need breaks in order to go the distance and I think this team has some good risks. I particularly like the Chief RBs and wonder if LJ will last the season. I also like the top four WRs, all on separate byes. Time will tell.
Got a funny feeling about Desean Jackson...heard nothing but good things about him other then the college report of not getting along with team-mates. Jerry Rice is said to be high high on him too. IE: I love your Wr corps
I do like those WRs as well. My issue is mostly at TE - if Keller can grow into a big role, you could be set. Barring Week 9, this team could make some noise if you get some complementary RB2 scoring and something at TE; otherwise this team won't hold up when the weaker teams are eliminated.

I like the quality, but the quantity is the question for me. I also think that Gaffney was taken too early. Let's just say that Jackson excells in the return game and spends lots of practice time there. If he is only a part time WR participant, then Jeff has only four players to make three scores EVERY week. Even thought I really like his top three, that is dangerous.

I know I "reached" for Gaffney compared to the other SSLs. I might be higher on him than everyone else. That is fine. I look at what Stallworth and Gaffney combined last year as the total pie available. I have doubts about Chad Jackson every turning the corner AND staying healthy. Who else can take away catches from Gaffney? Moss and Welker had huge season last year. I doubt there numbers go even higher, thus taking production from Gaffney. My expectations on Gaffney, in PPR, are for him to finish in the WR40ish range.

I'm not thrilled with this team.

5.14 Frank Black - David Garrard, Jac, QB13 7

8.03 Frank Black - Jon Kitna, Det, QB20 4

13.14 Frank Black - Kurt Warner, Ari, QB31 7

I look for steady production here with 2 solid starters. QBs won't carry me to the top but they shouldn't hurt me either. The WRs for both should be improved this year. Grade B (B+ if Warner gets PT)

1.14 Frank Black - Ryan Grant, GB, RB12 8

2.03 Frank Black - Willis McGahee, Buf, RB14 6

10.03 Frank Black- Shaun Alexander, FA, RB43 tbd

15.14 Frank Black - Maurice Morris, Sea, RB59 4

Again, these RBs won't take me to the top but should get steady production. Alexander is a mystery right now but I feel that Morris's #s will be close to JJs numbers in Seattle. I'm not sold on JJ or Duckett on bit. Grade: B

4.03 Frank Black - Lee Evans, Buf, WR20 6

6.03 Frank Black - Anthony Gonzalez, Ind, WR32 4

7.14 Frank Black - Donte Stallworth, Cle, WR44 5

9.14 Frank Black - Drew Bennett, SL, WR56 5

11.14 Frank Black - David Patten, NO, WR67 9

17.14 Frank Black - Devery Henderson, NO, WR91 9

18.03 Frank Black - Ike Hilliard, TB, WR95 10

No superstars here but Evans and Gonzo may put up big numbers although inconsistently. I had to go for depth here to make up for the lack of steady producers. This is clearly the weakness of the team and will need a lot of luck. Grade: C

3.14 Frank Black - Tony Gonzalez, KC, TE4 6

Had to go solo here because of lack of depth at WR. Could have drafted a 2nd TE instead of Warner but if Warner plays my QBs are one of the better QB core in the league.

12.03 Frank Black - Buccaneers, TB, D11 10

Oh well.

14.03 Frank Black - Shayne Graham, Cin, PK5 8

16.03 Frank Black - Matt Stover, Bal, PK20 10

Should net a lot of points.

I wanted to build this team on depth but it didn't pan out that way. I feel like a lot hinges on Gonzo in Indy. Yet, I'm confident that I will outlast several teams here that look better on paper.

I look for steady production here with 2 solid starters. QBs won't carry me to the top but they shouldn't hurt me either. The WRs for both should be improved this year. Grade B (B+ if Warner gets PT)

Again, these RBs won't take me to the top but should get steady production. Alexander is a mystery right now but I feel that Morris's #s will be close to JJs numbers in Seattle. I'm not sold on JJ or Duckett on bit. Grade: B

No superstars here but Evans and Gonzo may put up big numbers although inconsistently. I had to go for depth here to make up for the lack of steady producers. This is clearly the weakness of the team and will need a lot of luck. Grade: C

Had to go solo here because of lack of depth at WR. Could have drafted a 2nd TE instead of Warner but if Warner plays my QBs are one of the better QB core in the league.

Oh well.

I wanted to build this team on depth but it didn't pan out that way. I feel like a lot hinges on Gonzo in Indy. Yet, I'm confident that I will outlast several teams here that look better on paper.
My thoughts....Don't like the extra QB who may or may not start. Not enough increase for the loss of depth elsewhere. Love the top two RBs, would have gone with a RBBC guy late rather than Alexander who could retire and Morris who could wind up third on his team. I like your seven WRs and think that they are not a weak link. Scary to go solo at TE with an elder statesman type on a team with ?? at QB. Might work out fine, but risky. Much prefer one kicker to one defense as their scores tend to be higher and more variable. Overall nice team that could continue to survive. Scary week ten with no defense and one kicker. My question is about your last statement red bolded above. Why would you say weak on paper but expect to last longer. I think you could last a while, but curious about the statement.

4.11 Fullback Fro - Donovan McNabb, Phi, QB7 7

9.06 Fullback Fro - JaMarcus Russel, Oak, QB25 5

Two Starters. One youngster but will get all the snaps and one who is on a tem that passed the snot out of the ball.

1.06 Fullback Fro - Joseph Addai, Ind, RB6 4

5.06 Fullback Fro - Julius Jones, Sea, RB27 4

8.11 Fullback Fro - Chris Johnson, Ten, RB39 6

12.11 Fullback Fro - Rickey Williams, Mia, RB52 4

4 guys who should see steady touches.

3.06 Fullback Fro - Santonio Holmes, Pit, WR16 6

6.11 Fullback Fro - Marvin Harrison, Ind, WR35 4

7.06 Fullback Fro - Isaac Bruce, SF, WR41 9

10.11 Fullback Fro - Justin Gage, Ten, WR60 6

11.06 Fullback Fro - Laurent Robinson, Atl, WR64 7

18.11 Fullback Fro Devin Thomas, WR90 10

Some risks here but not terrible. Teams weakness

2.11 Fullback Fro - Jason Witten, Dal, TE1 10

13.06 Fullback Fro - Anthony Fasano, Mia, TE24 4

Witten. Fason is my sleeper/breakout TE

14.11 Fullback Fro - Houston Texans, DST17 8

17.06 Fullback Fro - New Orleans Saints, DST26 9

DEF/ST whatever. no bye week issues

15.06 Fullback Fro - Neil Rackers, Ari, PK13 7

16.11 Fullback Fro - Joe Nedney, SF, PK25 9

kickers, whatever, no bye week issues.

The Scoop - If I can survive week 4 I have a chance. No what if picks. No wasted roster potential.

4.16 Jay Cutler, Den, QB10 8; 8.16 Trent Edwards, Buf, QB23 6

I'm pretty comfortable with Cutler as a QB10 simply because I can't see him performing much lower then in this region. He doesn't seem to have a highside too much higher then this for 08 though, so waiting until the 8/9th turn for QB2 was probably a mistake. Still, Edwards was one of the last QB's with a safe job. IE: It could have been worse. IN the end, I'm average to slightly below in the QB area.

1.01 LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, RB1 9; 3.01 Jamal Lewis, Cle, RB17 5;

10.16 Cedric Benson, Chi, RB45 8; 13.01 Sammy Morris, NE, RB54 4

LT at #1 is a no-brainer even I couldn't screw up. While I considered several options at 3.01, I couldn't resist the opportunity to have a firm leg up at RB with Lewis, who should have another very good season. Benson could be a wasted pick in the tenth, but he could also be an absolute steal. I mean...he is currently slated as Chicago's starter, and a starter in the tenth is a STEAL! Morris had great numbers early last year, and some think that he may be the more valuable NE RB. While I'm not in that particular club, it's hard to ignore the potetential production he brings in the 13th. RB is one of my stronger suits, and I could be dominant there, despite only four selections.

2.16Brandon Marshall, Den,WR12 8; 6.16 Patrick Crayton, Dal, WR3910; 7.01 Ronald Curry, Oak, WR40 5; 11.01 Earnest Wilford, Mia, WR62 4; 15.01 Nate Washington, Pit, WR81 6; 18.16 Devard Darling, KC, WR98 6

I like Marshall at WR1, but not as much as I would with a different QB1. I don't like Terry Glenn's odds of a comebakc, making Crayton a solid, if unspectacular, WR2. I like Curry's talent, and see him as continuing to progress in Oakland. Sme think he's hit his ceiling, but they haven't checked his history closely enough...he's still improving. I'm not a Wilford fan, and Miami sucks, but he's currently the #1 there, making him a potential steal in the 11th round. Washington was a safer pick, but with less upside barring injuries elsewhere on his team. Darling should be the #2 in KC, and while that inspires little confidance, he'll have more targets then ever before in his brief career. More potential may have existed for my final pick, but I needed a player I was SURE would see the field and contribute at WR, and this was the only player left I felt remotely comfortable with. Overall, my WR's may be my downfall as I have too many "if's" involved and a couple skinny limbs. Then again...these things are won by being right on a couple of those "if's".

5.01 Dallas Clark, Ind, TE7 4; 9.01 L.J. Smith, Phi, TE18 7

Probably the best 1/2 combo in the league. Clark is a shoe-in for top ten barring injury. Smith has been forgotten by way too many people, and I believe should also flirt with top ten status. With 2 PPR for TE's, having two guys of this caliber is a huge bonus.

12.16 Philadelphia Eagles, DST14 7; 17.01 Carolina Panthers, DST23 9

The Philly DST may be slightly under-rated right now. With the addition of Samuel, and progression from their young D-Line, I think they return to a top ten DEF, or at least challenge for it. Carolina stinks, but their was no better Def available at that point. Average overall, but some would call it below average.

14.16 Phil Dawson, Cle, PK10 5; 16.16 Shaun Suisham, Was, PK26 10

I got two...yay.

Overall, I can't help but think that WR's will be my downfall. I kept putting WR's off. While that put me in a position to have one of the best corps of both TE and RB, WR's are critical in these survivor leagues. Still, even if my WR's don't preform as I hope, my RB's and TE's should carry me to a respectable mid-season finish. If they do pay off, this team will challenge.

OK, way behind in everything and here I am reviewing my SSL team. This will pay the bills, LOL

1.08 Redzone - Tom Brady, NE, QB1 4

8.09 Redzone - Jeff Garcia, TB, QB22 10

With Brady, I really should only need Garcia to be a bye week fill in. Hopefully, he will get past this OTA holdout and play up to last year with a non-impressive but steady 200+ yard, 2 TD performance on week 4. Brady, clear number one pick this year. Hopefully, Jabar and Chad Jackson will negate the loss of Stallworth who I think has never been given the clear opportunity to be the player he can be.

3.08 Redzone - Earnest Graham, TB, RB19 10

6.09 Redzone - Matt Forte, Chi, RB31 8

7.08 Redzone - Chris Brown, Hou RB36 8

12.09 Redzone - Dominic Rhodes, Ind, RB50 4

This obviously is success or failure predicated on the emergence of rookie Matt Forte as the feature back in Chicago and enough of a passing game in Chi to take eight out of the box. Brown and Rhodes are backups but play role in teams with passing plays to backs and Brown could start some games. If Graham plays as last year and Forte is the feature back, this is solid. If Benson should retain his starting position and pigs fly, this could be a slim producing group but I feel ok with Rhodes since he is the clear #2 back in Indy. I had Chester Taylor targeted one round and Julius Jones in another but both were taken within a couple spots of me. I would have loved to have had Taylor on the roster, Jones, more so than Brown.

2.09 Redzone - T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cin, WR8 8

5.08 Redzone - Jerry Porter, Jac, WR26 7

9.08 Redzone - Devin Hester, Chi, WR53 8

11.08 Redzone - Muhsin Muhammad, Car, WR65 9

14.09 Redzone - Drew Carter, Oak, WR78 5

16.09 Redzone - Josh Reed, Buf, WR86 6

Cincinnati is a clusterfrak but TJ has shown he is a talent and performed well there. I am comfortable with him and liked him better than rb in the second obviously. Porter, I feel is under-rated but he needs to want to play to be a true WR 1. I think I got value there and Garrard is certain to emerge as a passing qb as he gains experience. Hester and Drew Carter are both stretches who could give fifteen point weeks or three. Reed was a bye week fill and Muhammad, I am hoping he can regain his WR2 position at Carolina, but Hackett could blow that idea to bits. No bye week problems and two steady producers with two possible firecrackers. Week 8 may be a worry point given the RB and WR that are out that week.

4.09 Redzone - Chris Cooley, Was, TE5 10

13.08 Redzone - Ben Utecht, Cin, TE25 8

Cooley is a second tier TE and it is possible that Witten will outscore TJ, a decision I faced in the second round. Nonetheless, I am cool with Cooley and picked him partly because he sounds like a good guy. Great fantasy analysis there, LOL. Utecht can perform given opportunity and with the loss of a sure WR3 in Cin, his size and receiving talent, I think he is worth a flyer.

10.09 Redzone - Cowboys, Dal, D3 10

17.08 Redzone - Kansas City Chiefs, DST27 6

If Pacman ever plays again, the Dallas D could be amazing, including ST play. Even so, I see this being a D that will play well, loaded with talent and many teams will have to open up to keep up with the Dallas O, making turnover opportunities a weekly event. KC, bye week fill but they should do better than last year. Weak O will keep games low scoring hopefully.

15.08 Redzone - Robbie Gould, Chi, PK14 8

18.09 Redzone - Jay Feely, Mia, PK30 4

Gould just signed a big contract, and he is solid, if he gets opportunity. Feely may not even play for Mia but he will play somewhere, he is good enough. Again, week 8 bye for starter.

All in all, I see week 8 being my challenge, week 4 if Garcia does not start. If I picked RB correctly and Porter plays to his ability, this is a solid team. It may take a couple immunities to get past week 4 and 8 but if that is done, this could be a top 6 team. If Benson starts for the Bears and Porter is a head case, this could be an early out.

Oh well.

My thoughts....Don't like the extra QB who may or may not start. Not enough increase for the loss of depth elsewhere. Love the top two RBs, would have gone with a RBBC guy late rather than Alexander who could retire and Morris who could wind up third on his team. I like your seven WRs and think that they are not a weak link. Scary to go solo at TE with an elder statesman type on a team with ?? at QB. Might work out fine, but risky. Much prefer one kicker to one defense as their scores tend to be higher and more variable. Overall nice team that could continue to survive. Scary week ten with no defense and one kicker. My question is about your last statement red bolded above. Why would you say weak on paper but expect to last longer. I think you could last a while, but curious about the statement.
What I meant is that there are a number of teams that look great now but who will booted earlier because of things like injuries or a slow start to the season (a la Brees last year). My team will hopefully dodge elimination for the first haldf of the season if if by low margins. I am hoping that players like Evans and Gonzo (WR) will hit their stride by the 2nd half and put up great numbers to make this team a contender.

im tending to like the back half of teams in all of these leagues lately

I like duckboy to win this league

frank has a great team but I dont understand the warner pick instead of te2 or dst2. kitna and garrard are strong enough on their own

orgazmo roddy rzr fro and lhucks teams are all contenders

My thoughts on each an every team while I wait for a 2pm meeting on the day after a holiday: in BOLD

4.16 Renesauz - Jay Cutler, Den, QB10 8

8.16 Renesauz - Trent Edwards, Buf, QB23 6

1.01 Renesauz - LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, RB1 9

3.01 Renesauz - Jamal Lewis, Cle, RB17 5

10.16 Renesauz - Cedric Benson, Chi, RB45 8

13.01 Renesauz - Sammy Morris, NE, RB54 4

2.16 Renesauz - Brandon Marshall, Den, WR12 8

6.16 Renesauz - Patrick Crayton, Dal, WR39 10

7.01 Renesauz - Ronald Curry, Oak, WR40 5

11.01 Renesauz - Earnest Wilford, Mia, WR62 4

15.01 Renesauz - Nate Washington, Pit, WR81 6

18.16 Renesauz - Devard Darling, KC, WR98 6

5.01 Renesauz - Dallas Clark, Ind, TE7 4

9.01 Renesauz - L.J. Smith, Phi, TE18 7

12.16 Renesauz - Philadelphia Eagles, DST14 7

17.01 Renesauz - Carolina Panthers, DST23 9

14.16 Renesauz - Phil Dawson, Cle, PK10 5

16.16 Renesauz - Shaun Suisham, Was, PK26 10

Very Solid RB top 2, best in the league, Cutler I like Edwards I do not. WR is very weak after Marshall. TE is solid.

Any team with LT will last for awhile and his early season schedule is CAKE.

This team gets bounced when Cutler/Marshall has a down week or is on bye.

3.02 Shadowfax - Tony Romo, Dal, QB3 10

16.15 Shadowfax - Josh McCown, Mia, QB31 4

18.15 Shadowfax - John Beck, Mia, QB34 4

1.02 Shadowfax - Adrian Peterson, Min, RB2 8

5.02 Shadowfax - Jonathan Stewart, Car, RB25 9

7.02 Shadowfax - Fred Taylor, Jac, RB33 7

2.15 Shadowfax - Torry Holt, SL, WR11 5

6.15 Shadowfax - Bobby Engram, Sea, WR38 4

8.15 Shadowfax - Tedd Ginn, Mia, WR49 4

9.02 Shadowfax - D.J. Hackett, Car, WR50 9

12.15 Shadowfax - Mark Bradley, Chi, WR74 8

13.02 Shadowfax - Demetrius Williams, Bal, WR75 10

4.15 Shadowfax - Todd Heap, Bal, TE6 10

17.02 Shadowfax - Martrez Milner, Atl, TE29 7

10.15 Shadowfax - Bears, Chi, D6 8

11.02 Shadowfax - New England Patriots, DST7 4

14.15 Shadowfax - Mason Crosby, GB, PK9 8

15.02 Shadowfax - Rob Bironas, Ten, PK11 6

Romo is as good as it gets. Throw in ADP/FT/and rookie with some upside. Like this WR core. If Heap is Healthy could be a top 3 squad. Top Defense scoring as well. Good Job

4.14 Jmills - Derek Anderson, Cle, QB9 5

9.03 Jmills - Tarvaris Jackson, Min, QB24 8

1.03 Jmills - Steven Jackson, SL, RB3 5

2.14 Jmills - Michael Turner, Atl, RB16 7

7.03 Jmills - Travis Henry, Den, RB34 8

3.03 Jmills - Wes Welker, NE, WR13 4

5.03 Jmills - Chris Chambers, SD, WR25 9

6.14 Jmills - Bernard Berrian, Min, WR37 8

11.03 Jmills - Steve Smith, NYG, WR63 4

12.14 Jmills - Antwaan Randle El, Was, WR73 10

14.14 Jmills - Jacoby Jones, Hou, WR80 8

8.14 Jmills - Ben Watson, NE, TE17 4

13.03 Jmills - Marcedes, Lewis, Jac, TE23 7

10.14 Jmills - Steelers, Pit, D5 6

17.03 Jmills - New York Jets, DST24 5

15.03 Jmills - Jason Elam, Atl, PK16 7

16.14 Jmills - John Casay, Car, PK26 9

Anderson is solid as a #1 - Tarvaris is who I like to grab if you have a Stout #1. Top 3 RB is very solid, WR core is good with solid upside/depth guys later. TE is concern.

4.13 Lhucks - Matt Hasselbeck, Sea, QB8 4

11.04 Lhucks - Alex Smith, SF, QB28 9

1.04 Lhucks - Brian Westbrook, Phi, RB4 7

5.04 Lhucks - LenDale White, Ten, RB26 6

7.04 Lhucks - Chester Taylor, Min, RB35 8

12.13 Lhucks - Warrick Dunn, TB, RB53 10

3.04 Lhucks - Chad Johnson, Cin, WR14 8

6.13 Lhucks - Derrick Mason, Bal, WR36 10

8.13 Lhucks - Bryant Johnson, SF, WR48 7

9.04 Lhucks - Vincent Jackson, SD, WR51 9

10.13 Lhucks - Marty Booker, Chi, WR61 8

16.13 Lhucks - Dennis Northcutt, Jac, WR87 7

17.04 Lhucks - Terry Glenn, Dal, WR88 10

2.13 Lhucks - Kellen Winslow Jr., Cle, TE2 5

13.04 Lhucks - Tennessee Titans, DST15 6

18.13 Lhucks - Miami Dolphins, DST29 4

14.13 Lhucks - Jeff Reed, Pit, PK8 6

15.04 Lhucks - David Akers, Phi, PK12 7

Solid job here. IF 85 plays could be a contender for top 3. Westy/Hassle/KW2 solid veteran WR is how I like to draft.

5.05 Restless Natives - Marc Bulger, SL, QB11 5

7.05 Restless Natives - Matt Schaub, Hou, QB16 8

1.05 Restless Natives - Clinton Portis, Was, RB5 10

6.12 Restless Natives - Kevin Smith, Det, RB32 4

11.05 Restless Natives - Jerious Norwood, Atl, RB46 7

16.12 Restless Natives - DeShaun Foster, SF, RB60 9

2.12 Restless Natives - Plaxico Burress, NYG, WR10 4

3.05 Restless Natives - Anquan Boldin, Ari, WR15 7

4.12 Restless Natives - Hines Ward, Pit, WR24 6

9.05 Restless Natives - Kevin Walter, Hou, WR52 8

14.12 Restless Natives - Brad Smith, NYJ, WR79 5

15.05 Restless Natives - Justin McCareins, Ten, WR82 6

8.12 Restless Natives - Greg Olsen, Chi, TE16 8

12.12 Restless Natives - Eric Johnson, NO, TE22 9

10.12 Restless Natives - Jaguars, Jac, D4 7

17.05 Restless Natives - San Francisco 49ers, DST25 9

13.05 Restless Natives - Stephen Gostkowski, NE, PK1 4

18.12 Restless Natives - Billy Cundiff, KC, PK30 6

This WR core will make up for the lack of a TE. I like your QB combo. Outside of Portis this RB core is weak.

18.11 Fullback Fro - Devin Thomas, Was, WR97 10

For some reason I think JJ puts up decent RB2 numbers is Sea, throw in alot of catches by johnson and this RB core is very solid. Got a feeling that Marv is done and when McNabb gets injured Fro is out.

7.07 wdcrob - Vince Young, Ten, QB17 6

10.10 wdcrob - Rex Grossman, Chi, QB27 8

1.07 wdcrob - Frank Gore, SF, RB7 9

3.07 wdcrob - Laurence Maroney, NE, RB18 4

12.10 wdcrob - Brandon Jackson, GB, RB51 8

18.10 wdcrob - Brian Calhoun, Det, RB66 4

2.10 wdcrob - Braylon Edwards, Cle, WR9 5

4.10 wdcrob - Calvin Johnson, Det, WR23 4

6.10 wdcrob - Reggie Brown, Phi, WR34 7

8.10 wdcrob - Darrell Jackson, Den, WR47 8

13.07 wdcrob - Chad Jackson, NE, WR76 4

17.07 wdcrob - Jerome Simpson, Cin, WR89 8

5.07 wdcrob - Jeremy Shockey. NYG, TE8 4

9.07 wdcrob - Randy McMichael, SL, TE19 5

11.07 wdcrob - Giant, NY, D8 4

15.07 wdcrob - Washington Redskins, DST18 10

14.10 wdcrob - Josh Scobee, Jac, PK7 7

16.10 wdcrob - Ryan Lindell, Buf, PK24 6

I dont like the QB or TE's on this squad. Gore will be A PPR monster. And these WR are decent enough. Not a favorite sqaud of mine though.

1.08 Redzone - Tom Brady, NE, QB1 4

8.09 Redzone - Jeff Garcia, TB, QB22 10

3.08 Redzone - Earnest Graham, TB, RB19 10

6.09 Redzone - Matt Forte, Chi, RB31 8

7.08 Redzone - Chris Brown, Hou RB36 8

12.09 Redzone - Dominic Rhodes, Ind, RB50 4

2.09 Redzone - T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cin, WR8 8

5.08 Redzone - Jerry Porter, Jac, WR26 7

9.08 Redzone - Devin Hester, Chi, WR53 8

11.08 Redzone - Muhsin Muhammad, Car, WR65 9

14.09 Redzone - Drew Carter, Oak, WR78 5

16.09 Redzone - Josh Reed, Buf, WR86 6

4.09 Redzone - Chris Cooley, Was, TE5 10

13.08 Redzone - Ben Utecht, Cin, TE25 8

10.09 Redzone - Cowboys, Dal, D3 10

17.08 Redzone - Kansas City Chiefs, DST27 6

15.08 Redzone - Robbie Gould, Chi, PK14 8

18.09 Redzone - Jay Feely, Mia, PK30 4

MIddle of the road squad that dont have enough at RB or WR2/3 to last. Brady at 8 is too early.

18.08 ArhnCityPahnder - Charlie Batch, Pit, QB33 6

Wow, this approach will be interesting. Moss/SSmith/BigBen. Only 1 TE is a serious flaw if he's not Gates/witten/KW2. RB's are a weird blend of age with mendenhall. This sqaud gets bounced early when one of Moss/Ssmith dont produce

5.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Eli Manning, NYG, QB12 4

8.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Jake Delhomme, Car, QB21 9

1.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Reggie Bush, NO, RB8 9

6.07 Jeff Tefertiller - DeAngelo Williams, Car, RB29 9

14.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Michael Bush, Oak, RB57 5

17.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jamaal Charles, KC, RB61 6

18.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Kolby Smith, KC, RB65 6

2.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Marquis Colston, NO, WR6 9

3.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jericho Cotchery, NYJ, WR17 5

4.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Roddy White, Atl, WR22 7

7.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Jabar Gaffney, NE, WR42 4

12.07 Jeff Tefertiller - DeSean Jackson, Phi, WR72 7

9.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE20 5

10.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Desmond Clark, Chi, TE21 8

11.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Green Bay Packers, DST9 8

16.07 Jeff Tefertiller - Cleveland Browns, DST22 5

13.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Nick Folk, Dal, PK2 10

15.10 Jeff Tefertiller - Kris Brown, Hou, PK15 8

Decent looking squad but RB1/WR1 on the same team/bye week proably spells doom. THe QB platoon is solid enough. TE apparently is an after thought.

18.06 Rzrback77 - Detroit Lions, DST28 4

This sqaud I Really like. Palmer/Lynch/Gates/AJ. Nice job Rzr. Top 3 written all over it.

6.05 Ruffrody05 - Phillip Rivers, SD, QB15 9

13.12 Ruffrody05 - Matt Ryan, Atl, QB30 7

1.12 Ruffrody05 - Larry Johnson, KC, RB10 6

2.05 Ruffrody05 - Ronnie Brown, Mia, RB15 4

11.12 Ruffrody05 - Leon Washington, NYJ, RB47 5

12.05 Ruffrody05 - Ray Rice, Bal, RB49 10

3.12 Ruffrody05 - Roy Williams, Det, WR18 4

4.05 Ruffrody05 - Greg Jennings, GB, WR21 8

5.12 Ruffrody05 - Kevin Curtis, Phi, WR29 7

9.12 Ruffrody05 - Reggie Williams, Jac, WR55 7

10.05 Ruffrody05- Deion Branch, Sea, WR58 4

18.05 Ruffrody05 - Limas Sweed, Pit, WR96 6

7.12 Ruffrody05 - Heath Miller, Pit, TE12 6

8.05 Ruffrody05 - Donald Lee, GB, TE15 8

14.05 Ruffrody05 - Indianapolis Colts, DST16 4

15.12 Ruffrody05 - Arizona Cardinals, DST20 7

16.05 Ruffrody05 - Lawrence Tynes, NYG, PK21 4

17.12 Ruffrody05 - Matt Prater, Den, PK29 8

A nice looking Squad - a little weak at QB but Rivers should be fine to start the season. LJ/RB Roy/Jenning/Curtis/ If Branch is playing earlier than thought this team will make some noise. Underrated Miller/D.Lee combo will produce nicely at TE IMO.

Brees/MJD/TJ (who I like alot this year the Oline)/Fitz. solid start. Burleson is sneaky. Im starting to agree wiff Fiddles that the back end is looking strong in this draft

McGahee I like. Grant I do not. WR looks week. Solid QB and TE points might make up for that.

Hope Scheffler is healthy, Peyton/MB3 is a solid start. I dont like the WR after Bowe. Team gets bounced on Peytons bye.

Owen/Wayne will be an interesting apporach. I dont like your QB's to many IF's there IMO. WIlliep wont score TD's and doesnt really factor in the passing game, Jacobs/ Rudi provide nice depth though. middle of the road squad
Top 5:RuffRody

Rzr77

Lhucks

Shadowfax

Duckboy

My thoughts on each an every team while I wait for a 2pm meeting on the day after a holiday: in BOLD

For some reason I think JJ puts up decent RB2 numbers is Sea, throw in alot of catches by johnson and this RB core is very solid. Got a feeling that Marv is done and when McNabb gets injured Fro is out.

Top 5:

RuffRody

Rzr77

Lhucks

Shadowfax

Duckboy
Weak analysis. To put it all on McNabb's injury is ludicris.

Top 5:

RuffRody

Rzr77

Lhucks

Shadowfax

Duckboy
Weak analysis. To put it all on McNabb's injury is ludicris.
sorry, I like your RB. but McNabb has a track record that he gets hurt often, very risky QB IMO. no real backup. Holmes is inconsistent on a run first team, he's not a solid WR1 in this format. Marv is about done. Bruce I like alittle cause he's ahead of th curve in SF but the rest of those WR's are meh. Witten is an obvious stud.

5.05 Restless Natives - Marc Bulger, SL, QB11 5

7.05 Restless Natives - Matt Schaub, Hou, QB16 8

1.05 Restless Natives - Clinton Portis, Was, RB5 10

6.12 Restless Natives - Kevin Smith, Det, RB32 4

11.05 Restless Natives - Jerious Norwood, Atl, RB46 7

16.12 Restless Natives - DeShaun Foster, SF, RB60 9

2.12 Restless Natives - Plaxico Burress, NYG, WR10 4

3.05 Restless Natives - Anquan Boldin, Ari, WR15 7

4.12 Restless Natives - Hines Ward, Pit, WR24 6

9.05 Restless Natives - Kevin Walter, Hou, WR52 8

14.12 Restless Natives - Brad Smith, NYJ, WR79 5

15.05 Restless Natives - Justin McCareins, Ten, WR82 6

8.12 Restless Natives - Greg Olsen, Chi, TE16 8

12.12 Restless Natives - Eric Johnson, NO, TE22 9

10.12 Restless Natives - Jaguars, Jac, D4 7

17.05 Restless Natives - San Francisco 49ers, DST25 9

13.05 Restless Natives - Stephen Gostkowski, NE, PK1 4

18.12 Restless Natives - Billy Cundiff, KC, PK30 6
Some question marks at backup RB...I see one surefire starter.I count four starting WRs, with Boldin and Buress very strong at the top.

Below average TEs, shaky PK#2.

Not bad, could be worse. I'll say slightly below average.

18.06 Rzrback77 - Detroit Lions, DST28 4

QBs are greatRBs are relatively deep and I love Lynch where you got him, Thomas is sort of a wasted pick IMHO

WRs have a lot of big names, but a lot of question marks...this will make or break your season

Gates/Carlson is obviously great

Only one PK will cost you a handful of points, should have picked a PK instead of Thomas.

Above average team, probably top 3...will just need to stay healthy at WR because I don't like Meachem and Jenkins.

Users who are viewing this thread