What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colonoscopy preparation today..... (1 Viewer)

Today was a breeze compared to yesterday (I never thought having a camera shoved up my rectum could be a breeze compared to anything). I checked out just fine and the Dr. said I don't have to get another onefor 10 years............ :pickle:
Any involuntary shrapnel farts?

Today was a breeze compared to yesterday (I never thought having a camera shoved up my rectum could be a breeze compared to anything). I checked out just fine and the Dr. said I don't have to get another onefor 10 years............ :shrug:
I had my first 10 years ago, but I have to go back every 2 years... ;)

Today was a breeze compared to yesterday (I never thought having a camera shoved up my rectum could be a breeze compared to anything). I checked out just fine and the Dr. said I don't have to get another onefor 10 years............ :rant:
Glad to hear everything came out okay. :thumbup:

I've got one tomorrow at 1pm. I can see now after reading this thread I should have angled for early morning to help fight with the hunger.

Drank my citrate of magnesium horrible liquid and mixed my miralax in the gatorade. Is it just me or does 2 full bottles of miralax seem like overkill?

Not looking forward to tomorrow....

First explosion just from the citrate of magnesia.... Not looking forward to the miralax and gatorade later.... Last nights Wendy's is gone from me for sure.

That foul-tasting, evil garbage they make you drink the night before the procedure, it is okay to drink that when it's not in preparation for a colonoscopy? Even though it tastes awful, I love how it "cleaned me out" real good. Some Saturday when I have nothing planned, I wanna drink the stuff and spend an enjoyable day on the toilet with my laptop.

:shrug:

it is OK to drink. an easier option is to dump a whole container of miralax into a couple quarts of gatorade, pound 'em down and commence cleansing.

Wifey just stated drinking like a gallon of gatorade-murolax mix and said, "this doesn't taste so bad" :o :o

That foul-tasting, evil garbage they make you drink the night before the procedure, it is okay to drink that when it's not in preparation for a colonoscopy? Even though it tastes awful, I love how it "cleaned me out" real good. Some Saturday when I have nothing planned, I wanna drink the stuff and spend an enjoyable day on the toilet with my laptop. :shrug:
Buddy of mine does that a couple of times a year to clean the pipes.

"I think I do have to go to the bathroom." :excited:

ETA: I've been reading this thread to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
'belljr said:
Wifey just stated drinking like a gallon of gatorade-murolax mix and said, "this doesn't taste so bad" :o :o
I wish they gave me the "gatorade". I had the clear salt watery gravy. Just nasty....
Her appt was at noon today.Just picked her up. There were about 6 beds, all full from today's action.The guy next to her was rippin' 'em as if he was the entire Tuba Section of the Ohio St. Marching band. He just wouldn't stop, especially the long notes. I was :cry: :cry: so hard, I couldn't breathe. The entire staff was laughing their heads off.After things calmed down for a minute, the nurse went in and said, "Do you want me to pull your finger?" More :cry:

Prepping today for my appt tomorrow....just went thru this a month ago and have to do another one because doc found something bad last time and wants to go back in there :unsure:

Prepping today for my appt tomorrow....just went thru this a month ago and have to do another one because doc found something bad last time and wants to go back in there :unsure:
Definitely sucks but that's why we go through this. I hope that whatever he found is easily fixed.

After a 24 hour fast and drinking all that crap doc went in and there was "blockage" :wall:

I have to go thru this all again in 2 weeks....this time I have to drink some prescription crap to REALLY clean me out, can't wait :cry:

After a 24 hour fast and drinking all that crap doc went in and there was "blockage" :wall:I have to go thru this all again in 2 weeks....this time I have to drink some prescription crap to REALLY clean me out, can't wait :cry:
oh man. Talk about sh###y news...

I just went through this and the only advice I have is not to eat anything for at least a day and a half and drink only water and Gatorade.

If the taste of the prescription drink makes you nauseous then sip Gatorade between drinks of the stuff.

The procedure itself is not that bad BUT the PREP for me was the worst part - Threw up multiple times.

Starting prep for colonoscopy #3 in a 7 week span.....doc gave me a prescription gallon jug of crap to drink

magnesium citrate at 2pm(done)

half gallon of this crap at 5pm

poop all night

wake up at 5am, drink the other half gallon...procedure at 10am

so sick of this

my poor butthole :cry:

Bumping today, because as of today at 3:00 PM I will be :toilet: for my Colonoscopy/Endoscopy (yes, you read that right, I have to do a double). I recently moved from AZ to PA, and these new Doctors want their own pictures apparently. I have to get these done every 3-4 yrs or so (Crohns) so unfortunately I am quite the veteran at this now.I'm at work right now fasting/drinking Gatorade -- not looking forward to tonight...Although this time my prep will be different than any other, as I was prescribed 238g of Miralax and 64 oz. of any gatorade (besides Red/Orange). Normally have to drink the awful stuff that is OTC that tastes terrible. The worst part will be surviving the 4 tablet Dulcolax overload at 3:00 pm today. :cry:

Bumping today, because as of today at 3:00 PM I will be :toilet: for my Colonoscopy/Endoscopy (yes, you read that right, I have to do a double). I recently moved from AZ to PA, and these new Doctors want their own pictures apparently. I have to get these done every 3-4 yrs or so (Crohns) so unfortunately I am quite the veteran at this now.I'm at work right now fasting/drinking Gatorade -- not looking forward to tonight...Although this time my prep will be different than any other, as I was prescribed 238g of Miralax and 64 oz. of any gatorade (besides Red/Orange). Normally have to drink the awful stuff that is OTC that tastes terrible. The worst part will be surviving the 4 tablet Dulcolax overload at 3:00 pm today. :cry:
It sucks but will be all behind you tomorrow (no pun intended).I am sure it will all go well. :thumbup:

Going to be leaving work here in the next 2 hrs -- going to pick up popsicles and chicken broth from grocery store on my way back for sure. Im trying to stay as hydrated as possible so this whole thing goes by quick.

Bumping today, because as of today at 3:00 PM I will be :toilet: for my Colonoscopy/Endoscopy (yes, you read that right, I have to do a double). I recently moved from AZ to PA, and these new Doctors want their own pictures apparently. I have to get these done every 3-4 yrs or so (Crohns) so unfortunately I am quite the veteran at this now.

I'm at work right now fasting/drinking Gatorade -- not looking forward to tonight...

Although this time my prep will be different than any other, as I was prescribed 238g of Miralax and 64 oz. of any gatorade (besides Red/Orange). Normally have to drink the awful stuff that is OTC that tastes terrible.

The worst part will be surviving the 4 tablet Dulcolax overload at 3:00 pm today. :cry:
My link

Bumping today, because as of today at 3:00 PM I will be :toilet: for my Colonoscopy/Endoscopy (yes, you read that right, I have to do a double). I recently moved from AZ to PA, and these new Doctors want their own pictures apparently. I have to get these done every 3-4 yrs or so (Crohns) so unfortunately I am quite the veteran at this now.

I'm at work right now fasting/drinking Gatorade -- not looking forward to tonight...

Although this time my prep will be different than any other, as I was prescribed 238g of Miralax and 64 oz. of any gatorade (besides Red/Orange). Normally have to drink the awful stuff that is OTC that tastes terrible.

The worst part will be surviving the 4 tablet Dulcolax overload at 3:00 pm today. :cry:
My link
:lmao: :unsure:

Starting prep for colonoscopy #3 in a 7 week span.....doc gave me a prescription gallon jug of crap to drinkmagnesium citrate at 2pm(done)half gallon of this crap at 5pmpoop all nightwake up at 5am, drink the other half gallon...procedure at 10amso sick of thismy poor butthole :cry:
Hey GB, I assume #3 did the trick since I see you're still on here?Update? :toilet:I had one done about a month ago - that Super Bowl Prep they give you isn't as fun as it sounds.-QG

had my colonoscopy today. Found 8 polyps, so I guess it was worth it.
How old are you? 8 is a lot. Did the physician recommend getting them on a regular basis? And, you seem pretty lucid for just having one today. Those things knock me out for 1/2 the day at least.
They didn't use propofol. It was a combo of fentanyl and something else. Plus, I have a history of tolerating drug use pretty well. Still can't figure out why they said I'm legally incapacitated for the rest of the day. I'm getting around just fine.

How old are you? 8 is a lot. Did the physician recommend getting them on a regular basis? And, you seem pretty lucid for just having one today. Those things knock me out for 1/2 the day at least.
They didn't use propofol. It was a combo of fentanyl and something else. Plus, I have a history of tolerating drug use pretty well. Still can't figure out why they said I'm legally incapacitated for the rest of the day. I'm getting around just fine.
Even with the drugs, I'd much rather have you behind the wheel than your wife.

Starting prep for colonoscopy #3 in a 7 week span.....doc gave me a prescription gallon jug of crap to drinkmagnesium citrate at 2pm(done)half gallon of this crap at 5pmpoop all nightwake up at 5am, drink the other half gallon...procedure at 10amso sick of thismy poor butthole :cry:
Hey GB, I assume #3 did the trick since I see you're still on here?Update? :toilet:I had one done about a month ago - that Super Bowl Prep they give you isn't as fun as it sounds.-QG
Yup all good. I have to have them done every 3 years for the rest of my life according to my GI doc.

Yup all good. I have to have them done every 3 years for the rest of my life according to my GI doc.
I cut the magnesium citrate with San Pellegrino sparkling water... made it somewhat more palatable, but still quite unpleasant. Anyone else have any better mixers?

I cut the magnesium citrate with San Pellegrino sparkling water... made it somewhat more palatable, but still quite unpleasant. Anyone else have any better mixers?
Yeah...skip the magnesium citrate altogether and load up on miralax and gatorade.

Some of the docs around here are offering some kind of pill prep. I haven't done it, but co-workers have and said while it's a pain to swallow all the pills (>10), it's still preferable to mag citrate or golytely. I will try it next year.

Twilight sleep or were you pretty awake and coherent?

Twilight sleep or were you pretty awake and coherent?
I was awake and pretty coherent... jibber-jabbering with the nurses.

Yeah...skip the magnesium citrate altogether and load up on miralax and gatorade.
This is the way to go. After about half of the solution, my #### was clear as water and I couldn't leave the toilet. Miralax has no taste so it's an easy prep on the stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread