What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colonoscopy preparation today..... (7 Viewers)

fred_1_15301 said:
FUBAR said:
Waiting 90 minutes for this with my wife and 4yo in the lobby (the person who was supposed to watch him got sick). Fun times.
That's a ridiculously long wait. I would find another GI doc for your next one.
Military, so not an option.

Almost 2 hours in the lobby, over an hour now waiting for the doc. F this.

fred_1_15301 said:
FUBAR said:
Waiting 90 minutes for this with my wife and 4yo in the lobby (the person who was supposed to watch him got sick). Fun times.
Military, so not an option.

Almost 2 hours in the lobby, over an hour now waiting for the doc. F this.
HR data please.

fred_1_15301 said:
FUBAR said:
Military, so not an option.Almost 2 hours in the lobby, over an hour now waiting for the doc. F this.
HR data please.
42 during prep

unconscious during the procedure.

:blackdot:

I'm 39 next week and have been getting mailers from the local place to come in and schedule.

Was going to wait longer but stories of colon cancer at 40 and butt trombones have me considering.

I had my first one when I was 33. The doc was pissed off b/c he said I wasn't "cleaned out" enough for him to take a good reading. I was sent for the procedure because my bowels didn't move consistently - sometimes weeks between movements. So I took the drink and chugged it down as I was supposed to do, but I barely went. I drank this stuff down and yet only went twice. The last time was sitting in the waiting room before the procedure. They put me under and did the scope, but couldn't really see anything. I was then sent in for a barium eniema and scope, yet that didn't produce any results either. Eventually I just gave up and started testing different laxatives and herbal remedies. To this day I still go maybe once a week - twice is a great week!

Turning 39 this month and seeing this thread reminds me that I should probably do something about this again.

Keerock said:
I'm up next Friday :X
Prep starts today :X :toilet:
I hope the news was good...
Clean "slate". No polyps. Next one not for another 10 years :thumbup:
:thumbup:

I had the same result but due to family history (mom beat colon cancer at 70) he said to come back in 5. I doubt I will do it that soon. My mom still smokes and has never eaten healthy. There's just so much I'll believe with family history. Probably do it like in 7 or 8 years.

I heard on TV a couple of weeks ago of a new test where you can send a stool sample and it will be analysed (lol) with your DNA. 93% effective compared to 95% for colonoscopy.

Might not even have to do it again in the near future.

This borders on TMI, but prep tomorrow. Taking advantage of food and liquor tonight. It'll be three days off from even a beer from what I understand. I'm old. It seems like two minutes ago I had a beautiful, stunning (possibly still adolescent) woman from D.C. sitting on my lap and wanting to make out. Nowadays, it's the scope and the hospital. Sheesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see if anyone was awake for at least part of the video tour like I was. I saw them spelunking and even removing a polyp (benign).

Interesting to see if anyone was awake for at least part of the video tour like I was. I saw them spelunking and even removing a polyp (benign).
Hmmm. Don't think so. They gave me the gas and I started counting backwards from ten. "Six" is the last thing I remember. Woke up feeling stretched out but otherwise pretty comfortable.

I had my first one when I was 33. The doc was pissed off b/c he said I wasn't "cleaned out" enough for him to take a good reading. I was sent for the procedure because my bowels didn't move consistently - sometimes weeks between movements. So I took the drink and chugged it down as I was supposed to do, but I barely went. I drank this stuff down and yet only went twice. The last time was sitting in the waiting room before the procedure. They put me under and did the scope, but couldn't really see anything. I was then sent in for a barium eniema and scope, yet that didn't produce any results either. Eventually I just gave up and started testing different laxatives and herbal remedies. To this day I still go maybe once a week - twice is a great week!

Turning 39 this month and seeing this thread reminds me that I should probably do something about this again.
you only poo twice a week?

not this last time but I underwent the scope back in 2000 and was awake for it. Kind of cool to see but I'll gladly sleep through it.

Sometimes I'm awake. Sometimes I'm not. Even when you're awake, you're so groggy that you don't feel much. Kind of cool to watch the show.

FUBAR said:
NetnautX said:
not this last time but I underwent the scope back in 2000 and was awake for it. Kind of cool to see but I'll gladly sleep through it.
they woke me up towards the end and asked me to take a deep breath for a final push. It was kinda cool watching a litlle from that point.

rockaction said:
This borders on TMI, but prep tomorrow. Taking advantage of food and liquor tonight. It'll be three days off from even a beer from what I understand. I'm old. It seems like two minutes ago I had a beautiful, stunning (possibly still adolescent) woman from D.C. sitting on my lap and wanting to make out. Nowadays, it's the scope and the hospital. Sheesh.
I had a few beers and split two bottles of wine the night of my procedure.

rockaction said:
Nice. Good to know. You haven't wound up face down in the gutter at any time since, have you? :unsure:

rockaction said:
Nice. Good to know. You haven't wound up face down in the gutter at any time since, have you? :unsure:
not any more than usual.Don't go by me though. my doc said none for the first night.

VA703 said:

you only poo twice a week?
On a good week. For the last month it's been once a week, and thats with laxatives. I've got issues, no denying that - but other than this I feel healthy and I'm active. So it's not hurting me, at least from what I can tell. I thought it was my diet before (ate some fast food, pizza, and soda), but I've changed that this last month where I'm eating healthier, replaced soda with water, and lost 20 lbs. Yet, I can only "poo" when I take a laxative. If I don't, then I can easily go 7-10 days with nothing - so I start the cycle over again with a laxative.

how large are these once a week movements?
Avg, I guess. It's not like I clog up the toilet, or anything like that. :shrug:

I've been like this since I was a kid and haven't thought anything about it. Typically once/twice a week is normal for me.

rockaction said:
I got a headache and upset stomach and puked the night of mine. Combination of lack of caffeine, lack of sleep, the jungle juice, anesthesia, and stress over the procedure probably.

rockaction said:
I got a headache and upset stomach and puked the night of mine. Combination of lack of caffeine, lack of sleep, the jungle juice, anesthesia, and stress over the procedure probably.
I was a little light headed when I first came out of it but had no lingering effects. I even drove home, although it was only about 6 blocks.

I haven't had one in a while, but I remember I documented mine on here. I guess it was lost to the Great Purge. I forget who wrote it, but out of the entire thread, the greatest line of the whole thing is something I still quote to this day. Someone said that the drink you take the night before will clear you out. Everything you've ever eaten will be flushed from your body. To which someone replied, "Funny. I don't remember eating lava and razorblades." :lmao:

Avg, I guess. It's not like I clog up the toilet, or anything like that. :shrug:

I've been like this since I was a kid and haven't thought anything about it. Typically once/twice a week is normal for me.
Have you ever had a salad?
Sure do. In fact the entire month of March was salad with a chicken breast for dinner. I have taken fiber supplements many times over the last few years, and even included a bowl of Mini-Wheats or Raisin Bran to make sure my fiber content was up to par. I eat healthy and was never really obese (heaviest I've been was 222 @ 6'). I'm now at 202. I've been taking a one-a-day Men's Vitamin for over a year. I try not to eat out too much, but my wife and I fell into a bad place in our relationship which had me eating more than I should have last Fall/Winter. By the end of this month, I expect to be back to my normal weight of 195. I eat fruit, vegetables, chicken, hamburgers, and pizza - nothing out of the ordinary. I've just been like this since I can remember. :shrug:

I looked at my first poop after the procedure to see if it resembled a ham, egg and cheese sandwich. It's not often that you know the order it should come out in. I was disappointed in the result. Just looked like poop.

I haven't had one in a while, but I remember I documented mine on here. I guess it was lost to the Great Purge. I forget who wrote it, but out of the entire thread, the greatest line of the whole thing is something I still quote to this day. Someone said that the drink you take the night before will clear you out. Everything you've ever eaten will be flushed from your body. To which someone replied, "Funny. I don't remember eating lava and razorblades." :lmao:
I looked at my first poop after the procedure to see if it resembled a ham, egg and cheese sandwich. It's not often that you know the order it should come out in. I was disappointed in the result. Just looked like poop.
Awww, man. I didn't want this. Six o'clock, here I come.

you should have eaten 2 lbs of corn and shat out a whole cob

Sure do. In fact the entire month of March was salad with a chicken breast for dinner. I have taken fiber supplements many times over the last few years, and even included a bowl of Mini-Wheats or Raisin Bran to make sure my fiber content was up to par. I eat healthy and was never really obese (heaviest I've been was 222 @ 6'). I'm now at 202. I've been taking a one-a-day Men's Vitamin for over a year. I try not to eat out too much, but my wife and I fell into a bad place in our relationship which had me eating more than I should have last Fall/Winter. By the end of this month, I expect to be back to my normal weight of 195. I eat fruit, vegetables, chicken, hamburgers, and pizza - nothing out of the ordinary. I've just been like this since I can remember. :shrug:
have you tried upping your oil intake

have you tried upping your oil intake
Only when I've eaten Domino's or Pizza Hut!

Seriously tho, I haven't looked into adding any types of oils into my regimen. I do enjoy Italian and Balsamic Vinegrette with my salads - but I'm sure that's not providing either enough, or the right type of oil you are suggesting. Do you have any recommendations? I'm trying anything right now. I'm on the edge of going back to the Dr regarding another colonoscopy, but I'm not sure I want to go there yet.

I had one when I turned 50. Few tiny benign polyps but otherwise fine. Going back in (literally) in 2 weeks for a checkup. If not growths then I'll be good for awhile.

One of our very good friends, healthy as a horse on the outside, just died of colon cancer at 52. Hope all my FBG brethren are taking care of their business. The procedure is nothing. Go.

Since people are giving updates, I just had mine today. It was painless, and the anesthesia rocked me out in less than a minute. I was indeed out the whole time.

The colonoscopy report was relatively clean, so it's a weight off of my back. The endoscopy wasn't so clean, but the doctor seemed very upbeat and I think biopsied to check for food allergies and a GERD diagnosis or something. It's not certainly non-cancerous, but there was only inflammation around, so I feel a bit better, I think. I'll know in a month about the pathology reports.

Regardless, it feels good to have it done. At the very least, it indicates a change in diet is necessary.

I'd urge anyone with a ride, time, the insurance, and the need to get it done.

Peace.

I'm up next Friday :X
Prep starts today :X :toilet:
I hope the news was good...
Clean "slate". No polyps. Next one not for another 10 years :thumbup:
Had mine today,.peace of mind indeed. The prep is what iti is, but the procedure itself is easier than a trip to the dentist.

Anyone on the fence, don't worry about it, one of the tests that can really prevent and these docs have it down right now.

Monday for me. This thread has helped a lot with anxiety.
Good...it's really nothing. Besides the peace of mind I really didn't mind a good flushing out. The Gatorade mix had no added taste. I had never been put under before but it was no problem. I was tired and it was a nice nap. Such a crazy job to have but thank god there are people that do it. It's nothing to them so it shouldn't be for you either.

I'm having one on Monday which means preparation on Sunday - not ideal I guess but I'm not too worried about the procedure. When I saw the doctor the last time and the appointment was scheduled she said "see you then"... I wondered how she would even recognize me :unsure:

Considering the miralax prep just to clean me out - how stupid of an idea is this?
go easy brohan if you are not backed up from something like narcos or whatever miralax can really do a number on you i had my hips replaced and it did a number on me even when i was on narcos and morphine so that is all i am saying take that to the bank

Considering the miralax prep just to clean me out - how stupid of an idea is this?
go easy brohan if you are not backed up from something like narcos or whatever miralax can really do a number on you i had my hips replaced and it did a number on me even when i was on narcos and morphine so that is all i am saying take that to the bank
I'm only doing half the recommended dosage and over a longer period of time - I'll be fine, right? :oldunsure:

I'm only doing half the recommended dosage and over a longer period of time - I'll be fine, right? :oldunsure:
Whatever you do, just make sure that #### comes out of your ### like a firehose. If not, you're probably not cleaned out enough.

Whatever you do, just make sure that #### comes out of your ### like a firehose. If not, you're probably not cleaned out enough.
hard to say brohan that stuff hits everyone different but what i am saying is that when it works it really really works so dialing it back is a good idea take that to the bank

Users who are viewing this thread