What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL1 - Draft Over (1 Viewer)

Anthony Fasano - TE - Miami

my super sleeper of the year at TE.
This is a good call, as long as he gets the targets.I hope he does as he's on a few Dynasty teams of mine already.
he is the 3rd TE on my squad so I kinda can afford that, but I really think that he is gonna be used in the passing game.
like I said in the team thread, very odd makeup to this years SSL1 squad for me. 1qb, 4rb,6wr,3te.

I like to find sleepers by checking for homers drafting guys from their team late in PDSL1. So if he's good enough for David, he's good enough for me:

18.06 - Chad Jackson, WR NE

PM to Reaper

like I said in the team thread, very odd makeup to this years SSL1 squad for me. 1qb, 4rb,6wr,3te.
Both you and Fiddles riding the one QB. Good bet, given the top two projected QB's both have that early bye week.
week 4 might be the lowest scoring week in the history of Fantasy ballNO:BradyMossMaroneyHasslebeckJjonesEngramManningWayneAddaiD.ClarkMarvAgonzoEliJacobsPlaxRonBrownKitnaK.SMithRoyCJ2will be an interesting week to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both you and Fiddles riding the one QB. Good bet, given the top two projected QB's both have that early bye week.
i grabbed forte when the benson arrest news broke and missed out on the lower tier of qb2if i didnt have brady i mightve grabbed a warner or ryan later but didnt think they would score for me as much as a te2 or wr4 would

i grabbed forte when the benson arrest news broke and missed out on the lower tier of qb2if i didnt have brady i mightve grabbed a warner or ryan later but didnt think they would score for me as much as a te2 or wr4 would
not only that but you and I both needed a guy in week4 guaranteed to start. Some pretty murky QB situations out there.

not only that but you and I both needed a guy in week4 guaranteed to start. Some pretty murky QB situations out there.
true if it was a later bye there may have been a better shot that a rookie was starting by then

true if it was a later bye there may have been a better shot that a rookie was starting by then
Counterpoint - taking an early bye QB better ensures a veteran doesn't get supplanted by a rookie yet.

Counterpoint - taking an early bye QB better ensures a veteran doesn't get supplanted by a rookie yet.
unless the vet doesnt win the job in training camp

AhrnCityPahnder said:
I'm in Hilton Head for a wedding. dpeease is en route here, so he will be offline for several more hours. sorry.
"several more hours"--that's a drag; he'll time out in less than five--about 6:50 pm.

Interesting, was expected a K run through here.

Fine by me.

Matt Bryant, PK, Tampa Bay

Draft ovah (for me).

Been fun, even with bostonfred dropping by.

Jeff Pasquino said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Anthony Fasano - TE - Miami

my super sleeper of the year at TE.
This is a good call, as long as he gets the targets.I hope he does as he's on a few Dynasty teams of mine already.
I was back and forth between him and Alex Smith. I probably should have taken him actually. In PDSL, even when he was in Dallas I thought of taking Fasano just because I thought he was pretty good and if Witten ever got hurt, he'd be in a great situation. I didn't do that but I think the guy has some skills.

18.13 Brandon Jackson

was an 11th round pick in the PDSLs...not sure why he dropped to 18th. Did I miss something in the news?

jeter23 said:
Ike Hilliard
This was who I was primarily looking at with my last pick instead of a second kicker. There may not be the upside--as IWBACB says--but I think the receptions will make his scoring count a few weeks at least.

I'm surprised to see so many decent players left undrafted.

Devard Darling: Probable starting WR. Ninety-three WRs drafted and no one could find room for him on their squad? (Don't laugh -- no one expected Kevin Walter to do anything last year, and he finishes with 65 rec, 830 yards, 4 TD)

Derek Hagan: 3rd year breakout candidate, possible starting WR if he can just beat out Wilford or Ginn

Justin McCareins: Lined up with the 1st team in minicamp

Joe Jurevicius: Maybe it's just me, but I have no faith in Donte Stallworth holding down a starting job

Andre Caldwell: Will probably start if Chad holds out.

Chris Perry: He's the only reason why the Bengals didn't sign Shaun Alexander

Lamont Jordan: As soon as he's cut or traded, he'll be a top-50 RB.

Mike Nugent: Probable top-20 kicker, considering the improvements the Jets have made on both sides of the ball and their weak schedule

Last edited by a moderator:

Devard Darling: Probable starting WR. Ninety-three WRs drafted and no one could find room for him on their squad? (Don't laugh -- no one expected Kevin Walter to do anything last year, and he finishes with 65 rec, 830 yards, 4 TD)

Derek Hagan: 3rd year breakout candidate, possible starting WR if he can just beat out Wilford or Ginn

Joe Jurevicius: Maybe it's just me, but I have no faith in Donte Stallworth holding down a starting job

Mike Nugent: Probable top-20 kicker, considering the improvements the Jets have made on both sides of the ball and their weak schedule
Darling and Hagan were my 2nd and 3rd choices with the 18th, but I liked Jackson better.

Darling and Hagan were my 2nd and 3rd choices with the 18th, but I liked Jackson better.
If I had gone with a WR7, I would have gone with Early Doucet in Arizona. Yes he's a rookie, but WR3 in AZ tends to produce.Was Jason Hill drafted?

There's always a WR3/4 that comes from nowhere in the summer. Shaun McDonald comes to mind.

Seems to me that there are definitely 60+ RBs, so waiting on RB4 is the good plan.

QBs and WRs dry up quickly. After the Top 8 QBs are gone, I'm really not comfy with many duos from 10-18 as a committee. WR4 is crucial as he must produce 3x even if your byes are perfect, and possibly more if they aren't.

As for QBBC, I'd like Campbell and Delhomme, for example, or Schaub, but there's no lock in getting those two. Drafting at or near a turn could lock them up though and that might be a good move for a team at either end.

Ks are iffy after about 28 are gone.

I was keeping a count of viable Ks to pick (which allowed me to pass on K2 in Round 17) and wanted no part of KC, for example. Nugent was on JBrown's bye, so he was out.

Suisham was my next pick, and I was glad so many teams went 1 K (5 IIRC).

Users who are viewing this thread