What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion League Commentary Thread (1 Viewer)

Captain Hook

Footballguy
No big surprises so far - LT2 going first; Action Jackson is a bet on his health, but I think if he stays healthy AND Bulger does too, he could easily pass LT this year; Yo Adrian is a real question mark for me - I know some of you are much higher on him and sure the dramatic runs and games are great...............but what about the games he was totally taken out of the scoring...........and why WOULDN'T an opposing defense - looking at scary ;) TJax at quarterback - put eight in the box and say........sure, try it.

Rolling forward..................

I figured that I would receive razzing for not taking ADP, so would appreciate comments from others on my taking S Jax second overall. Thanks!

No big surprises so far - LT2 going first; Action Jackson is a bet on his health, but I think if he stays healthy AND Bulger does too, he could easily pass LT this year; Yo Adrian is a real question mark for me - I know some of you are much higher on him and sure the dramatic runs and games are great...............but what about the games he was totally taken out of the scoring...........and why WOULDN'T an opposing defense - looking at scary :confused: TJax at quarterback - put eight in the box and say........sure, try it.Rolling forward..................
I figured that I would receive razzing for not taking ADP, so would appreciate comments from others on my taking S Jax second overall. Thanks!
Thanks.
I hope that I don't regret this later, but right now I am ok with it.RBs are us ended at 1.9 with Frank Black taking Randy Moss and I am not really surprised.
1.01 ShadowMaster - LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, SD1.02 rzrback77 - Steven Jackson, RB, STL1.03 Pictus Cat - Adrian Peterson, RB, MIN1.04 ravnzfan - Brian Westbrook, RB, PHL1.05 fiddles - Clinton Portis, RB, WAS1.06 valence - Joseph Addai, RB, IND1.07 Twilight - Frank Gore, RB, SF1.08 Capt Hook - Marion Barber III, RB, DAL1.09 Frank Black - Randy Moss, WR, NE1.10 radballs - Marshawn Lynch, RB, BUFI think the top players all have some questions, which allows some varied preferences to form. ADP has been performing with eight in the box. Those long runs are a little easier when he breaks through the first eight. With Minnesota improving defense and passing, I beleive it will only get better.SJax is a good talent too. With Bruce gone, I think the passing will decline, but I don't think eight in the box with their QB and receivers will happen often. Health is the question and I've heard that's too unpredictable to worry about. StL should improve on defense too. Avoiding shootouts and getting better field position should help SJax.Glad people are getting their man.

MaGahee 20th, Manning 25thdid I miss something? :o
manning was a big drop toowas considering him but i wanted a top TE and see question marks with each of the other top 3also I feel like the mid level TEs are much more of a crap shoot then the mid level QBs

While I don't think either of those picks are off by a huge amount, we do have a tendency (having drafted against each other several times over the last few years) to let the group tendencies at least slightly affect our picks at certain spots - especially earlier in the draft.

:loco: and I am about to find out whether I totally miscalculated my next pick

Good news and bad news -

Good news - I got a great RB2 for this format; and I got one of my Rd 3 targets (Top TE or Top WR)

Bad news - I had another targeted player that would have been available in the 3rd, so I could have started RB-WR (Barber and say Smith) and then (maybe) have still gotten Gonzo at 3-8

obviously any real analysis can't be done until later in the draft when you add the points you might have drafted - AND even then there is no guarantee the picks after yours go the same way if you change your player

good pick with Lewis Jeff - that is the player I almost targeted to forego a RB in round 2, grab best WR and then get Lewis in the third - actually I thought he would likely be off the board - good value there.

After this draft, The ones in August are going to be a cakewalk
:eek: more and more I look forward to this draft....

most freakin' solid bunch of FF'ers I go against!

while I was suprised that Manning and Maroney droped to me ( I had not planned on taking either, assuming both would be gone), there will be a price to pay, per Mr Fiddles comment in the draft thread

meh, we only score off 3 WR's/week, right? :blackdot:

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup: more and more I look forward to this draft....

while I was suprised that Manning and Maroney droped to me ( I had not planned on taking either, assuming both would be gone), there will be a price to pay, per Mr Fiddles comment in the draft thread

meh, we only score off 3 WR's/week, right? :goodposting:
I'm staying far away from Maroney this year. I just don't know what to expect from him. The guy hasn't got more than 200 touches a season yet and has 6 total career rushing td's. Unless he drops really far... say RB 26 or greater I'm steering clear.yes I did own Maroney last year and yes he did burn me.

:coffee: more and more I look forward to this draft....

meh, we only score off 3 WR's/week, right? :sadbanana:
I'm staying far away from Maroney this year. I just don't know what to expect from him. The guy hasn't got more than 200 touches a season yet and has 6 total career rushing td's. Unless he drops really far... say RB 26 or greater I'm steering clear.yes I did own Maroney last year and yes he did burn me.
Correction - 12 career rushing TDs (13 total)

Figured I had until Midnight before Ravn showed up for his pick, so I took some time after my list was decimated. Bowe & Big Ben were my hope. Many others vanished.

The expletive draft.

love the value of the T Jones pick. Thought a little about getting him as third RB, but needed the super Heap 08 year on my team more.

Fiddles said:
emergency & phone issuessorryte todd heappls pm 4 me
ill pm pictus and ravnzheap was pictus's pickeverything ok?
I was supposed to leave work early for a birthday party for our granddaughter, but had a work emergency that caused me to be a little late. Also had a doctor appointment. My rx for blood pressure is evidently depleting my potassium and we have been trying for five weeks to get the #s up without success. He had a new rx but since I am leaving in the morning for Arkansas, had to go and pick up the rx and then to the pharmacy. Went straight from the party to eat out and long story short, had thought that I made the pick via cell at around 5:00. Did not discover that the pick wasn't made till 10:00 when I checked as I filled the car up with gas $55 dollars. yuck.Anyway I am leaving in the morning, so ask for patience over this weekend. Will check on draft via the phone and try not to hold things up as badly as today.I am not going to switch rx till Monday so I may be messed up that day as well as changing the rx always throws me for a loop.You guys are going to regret letting this Hog Fan draft D McFadden!

:yes: more and more I look forward to this draft....

meh, we only score off 3 WR's/week, right? :rolleyes:
Correction - 12 career rushing TDs (13 total)
doh. I meant 6 in a year.

love the value of the T Jones pick. Thought a little about getting him as third RB, but needed the super Heap 08 year on my team more.
same... really thought that one of McFadden, TJ, LenDale White, or Maroney was going to make it back to me. oh well.Through 7:QB: Anderson (5)RB: Addai (4) F. Taylor (7)WR: Colston (9), Boldin (7), Holmes (6)TE: Scheffler (8)

Good Luck with that - if he doesn't play more than he has the last two years, that pick will have killed your draft

You guys are going to regret letting this Hog Fan draft D McFadden!
Maybe - but if he does put up the numbers you hope, I will be the most disappointed as I strongly debated eschewing my WR1 at 4.07 and taking McFadden to have a dominant edge at RB. Seemed a little too pig and I resisted the temptation............besides I didn't want to be rooting that much for the Silver & Black.

Team so far:

QB: Mc Nabb

RB: Lynch, J. Stewart

WR: Edwards, Roy Williams

TE: Cooley

A little uncertainty so far at RB. Happy everywhere else.

I PMd a list to ravn & fids, PMd Hook and ravn when it was my pick, and still called someone to post it for me.

Hope yall got the PMs. Just putting in the effort to not hold things up.

My short list for rounds 6 & 7 were

Mason

Galloway

Daniels

Walker

Then....

6.10....JGalloway, WR--TB
6.11 Derrick Mason, WR, BALtimore Ravens
7.2 Javon Walker WR Raiders

please pm 4 me
owen daniels -- te -- houston -- texans
How fun is it to draft between you two?

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger there Pictus - I had ravnz list for his pick at 7-4, the first two of four were picked in the first three picks of the round, so he go his third choice.

Very tough group and almost all the picks are right on the chalk (or on the mark even more for some) :goodposting:

I PMd a list to ravn & fids, PMd Hook and ravn when it was my pick, and still called someone to post it for me.

Hope yall got the PMs. Just putting in the effort to not hold things up.

My short list for rounds 6 & 7 were

Mason

Galloway

Daniels

Walker

Then....

6.10....JGalloway, WR--TB
6.11 Derrick Mason, WR, BALtimore Ravens
7.2 Javon Walker WR Raiders

please pm 4 me
owen daniels -- te -- houston -- texans
How fun is it to draft between you two?
If it makes you feel better, I was pretty upset when you took Daniels right in front of me.

My team: Thru 8 rounds

QB - Brees

RB - Grant, Turner, Mendenhall

WR - Owens, Roddy, Bryant Johnson

TE - Dallas Clark

Everything has fallen just as I wanted it to, until Burleson was not available for my WR3, Bryant Johnson and Mike Martz will have to do.

Mendenhall was just too tempting to pass up as I don't believe a top notch RB prospect will be there when it returns to me. I can still get a QB2 and a WR4 the next go around.

rzrback77 thru 7 rounds

QB -

RB - S Jackson & D McFadden

WR - Chad Johnson, Holt, S Moss, & J Walker

TE - Heap

You definitely get less opportunities at value and wind up reaching just a tad for who you want on the ends, but I like the WR3 and WR 4 that I picked up at the last turn.

QB: Anderson (5) Jon Kitna (4)RB: Addai (4) F. Taylor (7) Felix Jones (10) Kevin Faulk (4)WR: Colston (9) Boldin (7) Holmes (6) Booker (8) Antwaan Randle El (10) DeSean Jackson (7)TE: Scheffler (8) Marcedes Lewis (7)D: Baltimore (10)K: Mason Crosby (8)

I am so disappointed in Fiddles, not a single woooooooooo piggggggg sooooooooiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee when he drafted Felix Jones.

rzrback77 thru 8 rounds

QB - Young

RB - S Jackson and D McFadden

TE - Heap

rzrback77 thru 8 roundsQB - RB - S Jackson, D McFadden ®, and Kevin Smith ®WR - Chad Johnson, Holt, S Moss, & J Walker TE - HeapI am really liking this squad, but I seem to be missing something. What does team rzrback77 have in common with the Chiefs, Ravens, and Falcons?
K Smith did help that team out.

rzrback77 thru 8 roundsQB - RB - S Jackson, D McFadden ®, and Kevin Smith ®WR - Chad Johnson, Holt, S Moss, & J Walker TE - HeapI am really liking this squad, but I seem to be missing something. What does team rzrback77 have in common with the Chiefs, Ravens, and Falcons?
Do you seriously like your roster through 8 rounds better? Give you an advantage at QB, but my WRs are way better and I like Heap better as well. RBs possibly a slight edge to you, but close.

Do you seriously like your roster through 8 rounds better? Give you an advantage at QB, but my WRs are way better and I like Heap better as well. RBs possibly a slight edge to you, but close.
QB - Brees by far. RB - Like you said, I like my group better. WR - WAY BETTER? Seriously? Chad may not even play, and don't for a second think its not possible. So then its Owens vs Holt = OWENS - Roddy vs SMoss = Roddy - B Johnson vs Javon, and personally I'm not drafting Javon "Drew Carter is blowing me away" Walker anywhere.TE - Heap with questions at QB and health ... better than Clark in a H2H league? I don't think so. So since you asked my opinion, there it is. Good luck tho.

QB - Brees by far. RB - Like you said, I like my group better. WR - WAY BETTER? Seriously? Chad may not even play, and don't for a second think its not possible. So then its Owens vs Holt = OWENS - Roddy vs SMoss = Roddy - B Johnson vs Javon, and personally I'm not drafting Javon "Drew Carter is blowing me away" Walker anywhere.TE - Heap with questions at QB and health ... better than Clark in a H2H league? I don't think so. So since you asked my opinion, there it is. Good luck tho.
Pretty sure that Chad will play so yes I like my WRs way better. Convenient to not bring up Atlanta QB with Roddy White. Why are there so many questions about Heap this off season?

"Pretty sure that Chad will play so yes I like my WRs way better. Convenient to not bring up Atlanta QB with Roddy White. Why are there so many questions about Heap this off season?"

Because he didn't play very much last year; has questions about remaining health issues this year; and will likely have a new quarterback(s) he hasn't played with throwing at him this year.

rzrback77 thru 8 rounds

QB -

RB - S Jackson, D McFadden ®, and Kevin Smith ®

TE - Heap

I am really liking this squad, but I seem to be missing something. What does team rzrback77 have in common with the Chiefs, Ravens, and Falcons?
QB - Brees by far. RB - Like you said, I like my group better.

WR - WAY BETTER? Seriously? Chad may not even play, and don't for a second think its not possible. So then its Owens vs Holt = OWENS - Roddy vs SMoss = Roddy - B Johnson vs Javon, and personally I'm not drafting Javon "Drew Carter is blowing me away" Walker anywhere.

TE - Heap with questions at QB and health ... better than Clark in a H2H league? I don't think so.

So since you asked my opinion, there it is. Good luck tho.
Pretty sure that Chad will play so yes I like my WRs way better. Convenient to not bring up Atlanta QB with Roddy White. Why are there so many questions about Heap this off season?
Yes its thankfully VERY convenient. Why on earth would I worry about QB with Roddy White? He ranked 12th last year with Harrington and Redman at the helm. I'm more concerned with the ground game taking away the passing game, which hopefully means Turner gets a boost on the weeks Roddy takes a dip.

Team Legacy said:
9.07 Chris Johnson
good pick. really thought about him here and at the last pick.
I just spent a draft having the virtues of him in PPR extolled to me at length. I don't know if I completely buy it, but he's worth a pick here. I debated it last round, gave it a pretty good chance he'd make it, especially with all the other RBs out there, and was right.
Actually considered him before Mendenhall, but decided with the safer play. I like Mendenhall more long term, but I think Chris explodes out of the gate this season.
Copied from draft thread. Love to hear you guys high on Johnson and I also considered him at the last turn, but decided to go with the two QBs. I recently grabbed him in the dynasty flex mox league and I think that the could be a reception stud.

Frank Black through 13 rounds:

QB: Hasselbeck (4), Leinart (7)

RB: McGahee (10), Graham (10), Dunn (10), Watson (4)

WR: R. Moss (4), Marshall (8), Porter (7), R. Williams (7), Avery (5)

TE: Shockey (4), McMichael (5)

K:

D:

(Comments through round 9): Happy with my starting 2 RBs considering that I drafted Moss. I wouldn't usually draft 2 WRs on the same team in an SSL, but I'm hoping that in this H2H format, the JAX starting 2 WRs will combine for good numbers if Garrard holds up his end of the deal.

Frank Black said:
Frank Black through 8 rounds:QB: HasselbeckRB: McGahee, GrahamWR: R. Moss, Marshall, Porter, R. WilliamsTE: ShockeyHappy with my starting 2 RBs considering that I drafted Moss. I wouldn't usually draft 2 WRs on the same team in an SSL, but I'm hoping that in this H2H format, the JAX starting 2 WRs will combine for good numbers if Garrard holds up his end of the deal.
assuming shockey gets his head on straight. I like this team quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread